Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Duo of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Can I get your digits?, Intermediate Divination
Lucrezia Webquish
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 04:44 AM

Lucy

Age / 64

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Gay Head, Massachusetts

Widowed / James Webquish

Author Alias / Kelli

Timezone/ PST

Post Count/ 18

With it being winter in Massachusetts, Professor Webquish had to switch gears and focus her lessons on forms of divination that could be done indoors. She loved nature and enjoyed the feeling of being a part of it, but she was getting older and her tolerance for the cold was steadily worsening over the years. She decided to settle on numerology for her intermediate class. It increased in difficulty depending on what you were trying to do, and there was a lot of ground to cover. She stood at the front of her classroom and watched as the stack of numerology handouts floated from table to table, dispersing one sheet per chair. Lucrezia found herself pulling her robes around herself as she waited for the students to file in and have a seat. She watched them over the top of her glasses as they settled in, and once everyone was seated, she offered them a benevolent smile before clearing her throat.

“Welcome class. Today we are going to be starting our unit on Numerology. As you might expect from the name, it is the occult study of numbers. More specifically how they correlate to certain characteristics in our lives and personalities. Each letter is given a value, and these values are added together to determine your future. As with any type of divination, this can be used in many forms. We will be starting with the very basis of numerology--your life path number. To calculate your life path number, you will add each digit of your birthdate together. To get a single digit number, 11, or 22. For example…” Professor Webquish turned to the blackboard and waved her wand at it.

“If you were born on February 17th, 2003, you would add 2 + 1 + 7 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 3 for a total of 15. Since the result is not a single digit, 11, or 22, you’d add them together. 1 + 5 = 6, and this would be your life path number. Once you have that, review your textbook and see what it means about you. I’d like a short essay on whether or not you agree it suits you. Fourth years, to make yours a little more challenging, I’d also like you to review your birthday number. This is the day of the month you were born on. So 17 would be the birthday number for our example. The summaries of these numbers can also be found in your books. In your essay, please examine how this number correlates to your life path numbers. Do they agree or disagree?”

“For my fifth years, I have something a little more complicated. Numerology generally centers around dates but also works with names. In your packet, you will find a number chart. As you can see, every letter is given a numerical value. This is used to figure out your Destiny number. To find yours, use your first, middle, and last name to obtain a single digit number, 11, or 22. 11 and 22 are considered master numbers, and are intensified versions of 2 and 4. So, for example, if your name was John David Doe, John = 1 + 6 + 8 + 5, or 20. 2 + 0= 2. David = 4 + 1 + 4 + 9 + 4 = 22. 2 + 2 = 4. And Doe = 4 + 6 + 5= 15. 1 + 5 = 6. Then take the totals of all 4 names and add then until you have a single digit or master number. 2 + 4 + 6 = 12. 1 + 2 = 3. So your Destiny Number would be 3. Please write a short essay explaining whether you feel like your destiny number is relevant to you or not.”

“If you have any questions or require assistance, feel free to call upon me. There are also more examples in your books. For those interested, I might be inclined to share my numbers with you. Have fun.” She said, setting them to task before settling herself back into the large chair behind her desk.

((OOC Welcome to Intermediate Divination! I've included some links to help you calculate your numbers ((thank you Grace!)). For this lesson, use the appropriate real time birthyear for your character's age. Feel free to Tag Professor Webquish with questions or if you need help. Please remember site rules, start your own topic to reply, and have fun.))
PM EMAIL
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/