Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Thunderclap for the Thunderbird house
Claire King
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 05:54 PM

Age / 13, Born July 27th (Leo)

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / San Francisco, California

Dating / Damian Holger

Author Alias / Nieve

Timezone/ Pacific Standard Time

Post Count/ 65

“And the feast is really wonderful, I’m sure you’ll like that, it appears out of nowhere! Oh, and the Hall itself! You haven’t seen many of them, but the walls are filled with wizarding portraits, it’s really quite homey. One does get used to them fairly quickly, but-"

“Cass! It’s fine!” Claire chuckled a little, “I’ll be fine, I’m excited- no need to give me the tour before we get there.” Really. Please Don’t. Cassandra and Jocelyn were accompanying her as the train pulled in. Claire appreciated the concern and good intentions, but she really didn’t want to know everything about the school just yet. It may have been normal for her to be worried or nervous her first day at a new school, especially one so different from what she was used to after having grown up in a muggle neighborhood since she was five, but she wasn't. Moving portraits were definitely not normal but they were probably more interesting than intimidating. In which case why spoil the surprise? Cass obviously didn’t see it from her perspective though; she definitely thought Claire still needed persuading.

She really didn’t. Claire had been on the fence about learning magic academically. If she was going to ultimately live in the muggle world wouldn’t it have been a waste? And she’d be out of touch with the muggle world. Really there was a lot of magic use in her household, couldn’t she just experience it there? With Cass returning to Ilvermorny for her fifth year, beside herself with enthusiasm, Claire finally conceded that she could give Ilvermorny a shot. It was kind of now or never. She’d be starting as a second year, with no formal magical education beforehand so she’d be a year behind. If things weren’t as spectacular as Cass made them sometimes sound she could always drop out and go back to a muggle school, but she would give Ilvermorny a shot so she wouldn't regret it later and feel like she missed out.

Once she had made the announcement to her family, Cass had taken it as her duty to ramble twice as hard and three times as long. Claire almost reconsidered going just because of that but ultimately decided throwing in the towel then would only make the speeches worse. Plus, she was legitimately excited. She’d never admit it but Cass had actually been able to inspire little thrills in her at the descriptions of some of the locations, and stories of some of her less than stellar performances in classes. Since she didn’t want to experience those firsthand anyway she was always more interested in Cass telling those stories. She should write a novel.

Cass was pouting and about to say something when someone caught her eye. Male, so it wasn’t a romantic situation at least. Her pout morphed into a mild frown, and she uttered a quick apology, that she needed to see someone, and quickly rearranged her frown into a dazzling grin. Well that was weird, even for her.

She and Jocelyn followed at a respectable distance, but when it became obvious the two were going to be joined in conversation for a while Claire and Jocelyn boarded the train. Jocelyn, originally following, took the lead once they were inside, passing several compartments before finding one “suitable” she guessed. She didn’t know why they passed the others, some were just like this one- empty. She must have given Jocelyn a look because her cousin replied “Privacy.” Well, she didn’t see the point in going farther down the train, an empty booth seemed like an empty booth, but she didn’t really care.

They made polite conversation, Ilvermorny never once brought up even though their approach was imminent. Jocelyn must have felt the same as Claire, deciding Cass had mentioned it enough this summer. Claire excused herself and decided to take a nap before they arrived, and Jocelyn pulled out a book in quiet admittance. It wasn’t long before Claire was drifting off, the last discernible thought being how she had never actually seen Jocelyn’s cat.

~~~~

Arriving in the Entrance Hall, she dutifully lined up with the first years, only noticing one girl who looked older, about her sister and cousin’s age. She was only a year older, and took comfort in the fact that her situation wasn’t entirely unusual. The - swamp-puss?- roared to life as the boy in front of her was sorted. She hadn’t been nervous watching him, the process seemed almost kind of fun- it was a mystery what you’d get, although she vaguely remembered there being some trait relevance or some such. She wasn’t familiar with the houses though and had no way of making an educated guess where she’d be placed. She stepped up to the knot- barely making contact with her first foot as the great bird roared in assessment. So. . . Thunderbird? Thank goodness that was an easy enough name to remember. The sorting was over much more quickly than she had assumed it would, and soon the were being led into the Grand Hall.

The Hall, as promised, was amazing. Everything was so regal, which sort of came with the territory when your school was in a castle, but it felt so warm and lived in. The fireplaces probably had a lot to do with that. She made her way to the table under the banner with the great big bird, sliding down the bench a little into the empty seat next to another blonde witch. “Hey” she greeted, not intending to start up a conversation while the speeches would be going on, but did so because it would be rude not to greet the person you just sat next to.

@Ayla Tremaine

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Ayla Tremaine
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 02:12 AM

Boy crazy cat lady

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Palo Alto, California

Hopelessly infautated / with Reko Vitellius

Author Alias / Kelli

Timezone/ PST

Post Count/ 91

This year's departure to Ilvermorny was interesting, at best. The day had started early, with the entire family tagging along to the train station. Last year, it'd just been Ayla and her father, but when it came time for Milo to head off to school, he gets an entire entourage. Such was life as the big sister to the Tremaine heir. Father was so proud to see his firstborn son off, Ayla could just see it in his face. He wasted no time reiterating the rules to both her and her brother. Olenna was mocking father behind is back, Aurelia was sobbing into their mother’s skirt, and Declan had already found another little boy who he declared was his best friend, and was chasing him around the platform. It was madness. She’d spent an entire year trying to convince everyone that her family was a good, society, pureblooded one, and they were all being crazy.

When it was finally time to board, Lenn hung out in the background and Ayla could have sworn she saw her crying. Not that anyone could hear over poor Ellie’s sobs. Ayla hugged her youngest sister tightly and promised she’d write, kissed her parents on the cheek, and even managed to tear Declan away from whatever game he was playing now to say goodbye. She was ready to be back at school for sure. Only this time, she wasn’t going alone...unfortunately.

She tried to carry on like she normally would, chatting with people she knew, smiling and waving at those she recognized--doing her best to maintain a cool, composed persona while leading the magical Heir of Tremaine down the hall to find a compartment. She didn’t see any of her friends right away, and decided she’d better duck into the first available seats to limit Milo’s exposure to the rest of the school. She knew Father had told him the rules, but her brother wasn’t really one for listening.

“Here.” She said, stepping in and choosing the empty seat next to the door. She’d have chosen the window, who knows what kind of chaos Milo would cause sitting where he ad access to unsuspecting people. Sure, she was smaller than he was, but she was still older. Barely, but it still counted. “Listen, I know you’re not interested in trying to maintain our family reputation, but please Milo...don’t do anything dumb.” She shouldn’t have been surprised when he rolled his eyes and turned towards the window. This was going to be a long ride for sure.

---------------------------

After what seemed like a lifetime on the train, and then another carriage ride, they were finally at school. Ayla felt like she could breathe a little better, but that could have just been the mountain air. She gave her brother a scolding look as he was lead away for sorting, and she filed in with the rest of the students as they went to the balcony to watch. Ayla kept an eye out for Sawyer, she hadn’t seen him all summer, and wanted to try and catch him before they were exiled to their house tables for dinner.

As the new students were all accepted by the statues into their new houses, the petite blonde paid close attention to who went where. She hoped Milo wouldn’t end up in her house, but also wasn’t sure she wanted to leave him to his own devices entirely. She winced a little when it was his turn and he was chosen by Wampus. That just seemed like a bad combination. Ayla definitely had her work cut out for her. She smiled as best as she could as they were excused to their tables to begin the feast.

She smiled as a blonde girl she’d seen sorted sat beside her, and managed a quick “Hi!” before the headmistress went over the necessary announcements. Ayla made a mental note about student council. Yes, she was still too young to run, but she had her eye on 3rd year representative and she didn’t figure it could hurt to go a little campaign work early. When the food began to arrive, she turned her attention to the girl beside her. Ayla was talkative by nature, and couldn’t resist getting to know someone new--just two of the reasons she figured she make a great class rep!

“Hi again! I’m Ayla Tremaine of the Palo Alto Tremaines. Welcome to Ilvermorny, I saw your sorting. Thunderbird is, arguably, the best house.” She said with a dimpled grin as she began to eye the food that was arriving. “Did you have a good summer?”

@Claire King

--------------------
 photo ayla2_zpsqop0drmh.jpg
PM
^
Claire King
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 10:23 PM

Blood Type / Halfblood

Dating / Damian Holger

Author Alias / Nieve

Post Count/ 65

As the witch introduced herself, Claire dropped the second chicken leg she’d grabbed from the platter in front of her onto her own plate. After wiping her hands, she offered her hand and introduced herself with a short “Claire.” Ayla had mentioned their house and so she replied with “Oh, yeah, I guess it’s pretty great” Honestly Claire had no idea if Thunderbird was great- her reason for relief in being sorted here earlier had been based on the premise that Thunderbird was a catchy name. That hardly inspired courage.

At some point she had been taught how to introduce herself properly, especially when in the company of purebloods, but like many other aspects of wizarding culture Claire had neglected to cement the details into memory. Her introduction had not been the greatest to be sure. She recalled belatedly that the girl’s odd way of greeting was probably indicative of her stature in the wizarding community. Jocelyn would know what those things meant, and who that family was but she had had even less tutelage in “doxy training” than Cassandra. So the girl: probably pureblood, probably aghast at Claire’s introduction, and probably had little to no knowledge of muggle sports. Which made her inquiry about Claire’s summer that much harder to answer.

“I, uh, played hockey. At a summer camp. Well sort of, we only went during the day until evening, and then went home again. It lasted for two and a half weeks though, every day, we didn’t get weekends off.” Stiff at first, Claire grew a little more relaxed again as she moved on to a topic she actually knew something about. “It was really great, I got a lot better at checking. Mostly sweep, and hip checks, but I got a shoulder check once- that felt amazing” Claire had the sneaking suspicion that the girl didn’t actually know what she was talking about when she looked over at her tablemate. Well. There went the looseness. She turned back to her dinner, wondering if coming here had actually meant casting herself in the role of pariah.

@Ayla Tremaine

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Ayla Tremaine
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 07:37 PM

Boy crazy cat lady

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Author Alias / Kelli

Timezone/ PST

Post Count/ 91

Ayla wasn't quite sure what to make of Claire, but she shook her hand and smiled anyway. She didn't expect a ton of enthusiasm, as most new students didn't come to school knowing everything about each house, but she didn't get that feeling that Claire particularly cared about where she had been sorted. That was fine, Ayla wasn’t about to let a silly little thing like that stop her from befriending the girl.

When Claire began speaking about hockey, Ayla just smiled and nodded. She had no clue what hockey was, let alone any of the other lingo Claire was using meant. She figured it must be something non magical given that she'd never heard of it, but she didn't follow magical sports either, so she couldn't be sure. It was obviously something that required practice, and involved the body. A dance maybe? Or a sport? Being the pureblooded lady that she was, Ayla had been taught to feign interest in what others were talking about. It was polite and helped you gain a better understanding of the person and the topic. She was definitely putting that into practice with Claire.

“I've actually never heard of hockey, but it sounds like a lot of work! I'm glad you improved during camp though.” Ayla decided it wouldn't be the worst thing to try and gauge the other girl's interest in things she liked also. “Do you have special outfits you wear when you do hockey? Were there cute boys at your camp?” She asked with a coy smile as she loaded her plate up with salad.

@Claire King

--------------------
PM
^
Claire King
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 09:57 PM

Blood Type / Halfblood

Dating / Damian Holger

Author Alias / Nieve

Post Count/ 65

Ayla confirmed Claire’s suspicion that she knew nothing about the sport but surprised Claire with her enthusiastic response. Claire looked up from her food again and gave the other blonde a genuine smile. Though Ayla couldn’t relate to anything hockey related she commended Claire for her efforts, which Claire thought was very nice of her. Especially because it didn’t seem like she was saying so out of politeness and was actually pleased to hear of Claire’s progress, as if they had been friends and not strangers minutes ago.

Claire had to laugh when Ayla asked about their sartorial options. Grinning, Claire informed her “Yeah, we do, but it’s probably not what you’re thinking. We have to wear shoulder and elbow pads, shin guards- protective wear for areas that see a lot of brutality during gameplay. As for boys, it was predominantly guys on the team. There are camps that are gender specific but mine wasn’t one of them.” Claire took a bite of mashed potatoes with gravy before continuing, “I don’t really know if any of them were cute, though, I didn’t really have time to notice.” That wasn’t altogether true; there was plenty of time off the ice when Claire wasn’t focused on the game to notice boys. Unlike her female relatives though, she had not been an early bloomer and was only just starting to go through puberty. Her mind hadn’t yet gotten the message that boys were for kissing as well as playing. Or girls, she amended, it was too early to tell.

“How was your summer? I take it you didn’t play sports in your free time, what do you usually do?” Claire asked, taking another forkful of mashed potatoes, interested in what Ayla considered fun.

@Ayla Tremaine

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Ayla Tremaine
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 03:58 AM

Boy crazy cat lady

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Author Alias / Kelli

Timezone/ PST

Post Count/ 91

So hockey was a game...one that was played by mostly boys and required pads because it was brutal. Ayla was both horrified and impressed with her housemates activity of choice. Clearly Claire wasn’t a society pureblood, like herself. Ayla would never have be allowed to participate in any form of recreation that involved physical contact with males, let alone one where she could get injured. It probably didn’t help that she was still under 5’0” tall and thin as a rail. That Claire was able to play with the boys and improve in her sport at the same time was intriguing to her though--obviously this meant she was tough. Ayla might be dainty herself, but she could definitely appreciate a strong woman.

“That’s too bad, but I imagine you were too busy…” She started, trying to remember the lingo the other had used earlier. “Too busy checking them, to check them out.” Ayla said with a dimpled grin. She was a little disappointed that Claire didn’t have a hockey camp love story to share, but they were only 12 after all. The boy crazy bug had already bitten Ayla. It probably had to do partially with the fact that she was constantly in the process of being groomed for marriage down the road, but boys were on her mind--a lot. She could see at least three just out of her peripheral vision right now. She wasn’t allowed to date or anything yet, she was much too young for that. It didn’t keep her from looking though, or daydreaming about what it would be like to kiss a boy finally.

Ayla was a little surprised, but pleasantly slow, when Claire asked about her summer. She supposed it was the polite thing to do, given that she had asked first, but she appreciated it all the same. “My summer was alright, fairly uneventful other than visiting our summer home in Santa Cruz for the month of July. I spent so much time on the beach, not that you can tell. Since I have such a fair complexion I burn right away, so I had to be slathered in sunblock potion...it was still fun though. The beach there is really beautiful.” Ayla said wistfully.

She laughed at the mention of her lack of sports. “No, no sports for me, unless you count the occasional ballroom lesson so I don’t get rusty. I spend a lot of time on my music. I play piano and sing, I’ve even started composing a bit. Ooo! And I have a cat, he takes up quite a bit of my time too. He’s not allowed in the music room when I’m playing, he likes to walk across the keys and will not my sheet music over, but he’s absolutely adorable and so so sweet. His name is Albus.” Ayla gushed before realizing that she’d rambled on about herself than was probably appropriate. “Hockey aside, what else do you like to do for fun? Any other sports?”

@Claire King

--------------------
PM
^
Claire King
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 01:05 AM

Blood Type / Halfblood

Dating / Damian Holger

Author Alias / Nieve

Post Count/ 65

“You compose your own music? Wow. That’s really impressive” Claire didn’t outwardly gush, but the sentiment was genuine. Ayla was so. . . accomplished. She gave little nods, indicating she was interested and paying attention as Ayla described some of her usual practices. Before Claire could wonder if every pureblood girl here had such sophisticated past times Ayla mentioned having a cat. “His name is Albus.” Ayla announced, obviously quite taken with him. Before Claire had the chance to inquire further Ayla intercepted her, asking if she had played any other sports. Claire quickly rambled off a list of sports she enjoyed playing, and returned to the more interesting topic. “What kind of cat is Albus?”

After Ayla answered, Claire peppered her with more questions about her feline companion. ‘How old was he?’ ‘How long had she had him?’ ‘Did he get along with other cats?’ ‘Did he do weird things, like sleep in Ayla’s hair at night?’ ‘Was he in the common rooms often?’ She held back on asking outright if she could visit him, figuring if the answer was yes to the previous question she would see him plenty anyway. Ayla was super nice, she didn’t want to impose on her privacy. Claire had kind of hoped the school would be overrun with cats but not having spotted one since her arrival, she was probably a little more excited than the situation warranted at the news Ayla had one. Maybe if Jocelyn’s cat hadn’t been so darn elusive she would have been able to contain some of her enthusiasm. Or if she had a cat of her own.

@Ayla Tremaine

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Ayla Tremaine
 Posted: Mar 17 2017, 02:04 AM

Boy crazy cat lady

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Author Alias / Kelli

Timezone/ PST

Post Count/ 91

“Composing might be a little bit more generous a term than what I actually do.” Ayla said with a dimpled grin, flattered by Claire's reaction to her music making. “Is mostly just bits of a melody here and there. I haven't done any lyrics yet, but I'm working on it.” She mused. Last year for Christmas Ayla was gifted blank sheet music by her friend and duet partner Sawyer. She was super fortunate to have found him, he shared her passion for music, was a gifted guitar player and had a great voice to boot. He was also super sweet and had the best smile, but those weren’t details she figured Claire needed just now.

“You’re quite the athlete!” She replied when Claire gave her list of sports. All of which Ayla had either never heard of or had little interest in, but when Claire turned the subject back to Albus, the second year lit up. There were very few things in life that Ayla Tremaine loved more than her cat.

“He’s a Turkish Angora, so he’s white and fluffy and he’s super sweet.” The petite blonde explained before the influx of more Alby related questions. She was more than happy to answer them, as it meant that Claire was definitely interested, and this could be something they could bond over. “He’s four, I’ve had him since he was about 8 weeks old. He was a birthday present from my parents. He does well with other cats most of the time, but is very needy. Alby does all kinds of weird, adorable little things. Like, if I’m walking down the hall behind him and he sees me, he’ll kind of flop over onto his side so I can rub his belly. He loves it. He’s not like most cats where they get tired of being loved after a while and scratch you. He also likes to knead the soft parts of my arm when I’m trying to sleep, and he likes to touch my face with his paw if I’m not paying attention to him.” She gushed, thinking about her fur baby who was probably still in his carrier up in her dorm. The more she talked about him, the more animated she got, even to the point of adding hand gestures.

“He likes to be held, and will stand on his hind legs, with his paws on mine, and meow at me until I pick him up. He has the most adorably pathetic little meow.” Ayla sighed just thinking about it. When she took a break from singing the praises of her cat, she realized just how much she’d rambled.

Well, if Claire was still listening after all of that, they definitely had friendship potential.

“Sorry,” Ayla laughed, a little embarrassed of herself for blabbering on about her pet. “I’m kind of crazy about him. I do bring him into the common room from time to time, so maybe you’ll get to meet him...then it’ll all make sense.”

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/