Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Sugar anyone?, open
Isadora Santoro
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 06:50 PM

Izz or Dora

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

/

Author Alias / Sarah/Kiva

Timezone/

Post Count/ 55

Isadora wasn’t sure if she had really wanted to do anything with the Field Day. After that article had come out back in April revealing who her dad was, Isadora had withdrawn a lot from everything. She sometimes hung out with AJ, but she was afraid that being seen with her would make AJ a target too and she didn’t want to put him through that. Eventually, most of the students forgot about everything and started to forget about her too, which she greatly preferred.

Since it was the last day of school before summer let out, Isadora thought that at least watching some people have fun playing the games would be better than sitting in her dorm room completely alone in the school. Everyone would be too busy with their friends to pay her any attention. Besides, it was a beautiful day and she might as well enjoy it.

Putting her hair back into a messy bun and wearing a sundress, Isadora walked around the pitch to see what sort of games they had going for them and what sort of treats there were. She spotted a funnel cake food booth and grabbed herself a nice powdery treat before retreating away from everyone and taking a seat at a table while watching the broom race. She hadn’t known anyone had sat down at her table until she heard them begin to talk, startling her and making her drop confectioners sugar down her front. “Geez.” She said when she was surprised. “Ninja’d me.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Foxworth Lexington
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 10:19 PM

Fox

Age / 14

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Berkshire, VT

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 12

Fox walked towards the festivities with his broom in hand, hoping that he could jump into the next broom race. He was hoping to get a spot on the Quidditch team next year, so he figured it couldn’t hurt to show off a bit. Fox was pretty fast, although not as fast as Logan of course, and he spent a decent amount of his time learning to do tricks and off the wall maneuvers while flying. It was a hobby that he was hoping would give him an advantage on the field.

Competing in the race also gave him something to do since he was avoiding most of his close friends. There had been a lot of drama towards the end of the year. Kit and Jordan had a fight, and even though they weren’t technically still fighting, there was still some awkwardness. Plus, the topic tended to drift towards boys, and Fox wanted nothing to do with that. He would’ve hung out with Danny, but Fox was still a bit weirded out by his confession of love for Kit. He also assumed that Danny would probably be trying to find Ariel somewhere.

As he walked past a few tables, he spotted Isadora Santoro sitting alone and eating a funnel cake. Normally, Fox didn’t pay much attention to the girl. She was older, and seemed to avoid social interactions with most people. However, the latest gossip surrounding her life made him curious. He had heard AJ’s name mentioned a few times when gossip girls near him were chatting. His older brother’s love life seemed pretty random as of late, so Fox decided to test the waters.

Taking a seat at her table, he asked her if she had seen AJ around. He couldn’t tell that she wasn’t paying him much mind since she had sunglasses on, but she nearly dropped her funnel cake when he spoke.

“One of my many talents.” He said with a smirk. “Uhm, you have some sugar…there.” He motioned to the general area of the front of her body awkwardly and pretended that he was looking around for someone. “I just asked if you’ve seen AJ anywhere.” He paused for a moment, and decided to just be blunt. “I mean, you two are dating right?”

Isadora Santoro

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Isadora Santoro
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 01:01 AM

Izz or Dora

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

/

Timezone/

Post Count/ 55

It was AJ's little brother. Awkward.

When he pointed out the powdery sugar mess on her front, she quickly brushed it away feeling slightly embarrassed over it. "Thanks." Being on the curvier side, she was often finding crumbs across her chest or accidentally dropping food down her top whenever she was eating snacks like popcorn. Nothing was more embarrassing than having to fish out dropped food from one's shirt. Fox at least had the courtesy to look away.

Oh, he was just looking for his brother. That at least made some sense as she had no other idea as to why he'd decide to sit with her, though his next statement was so outlandish that she was glad she had been busy cleaning herself up rather than eating because she would have died by funnel cake. "Dating?" She repeated, looking at Fox as though she were waiting for the punchline. "Uh, no. I'm not his type. We are...friends." They were friends, right? She wasn't even sure of that was what they were. But they were definitely not dating.

"I haven't seen him though. Maybe he is with Layla?" They had actually dated. Maybe they were trying it again. "Sorry." She added with a polite smile since she couldn't really help him out.

Foxworth Lexington

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Foxworth Lexington
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:09 PM

Fox

Age / 14

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Berkshire, VT

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 12

Apparently, his comment had caught the older girl off guard because she looked at him like he was crazy. She wasn’t his type? What was that supposed to mean? Did his brother actually have a type? Layla definitely didn’t seem like his ‘type’ but he sang to her in the middle of the Grand Hall. Perhaps, Fox didn’t know his brother as well as he thought he did. “What is his…type then?” He asked her out of sheer curiosity and confusion. Why did there have to be types? Why couldn’t people just like who they wanted to?

Fox sighed as he slumped down into a seat at her table. “I’m confused because most rumors going around seem to imply that you are dating AJ, not Layla.” He knew better than to assume that all rumors were true. There were two sides to every story, and there was always someone who wanted to embellish the things they heard. Still, there had to be some sort of merit to what they were saying. AJ and Isadora had to at least be friends if people were putting them together…so why did she seem so hesitant to even say they were friends?

“So why don’t you think you are his type?” Fox was being relentless because he was trying to get to the bottom of the whole situation. He had found it strange when AJ was singing in the hall because it was so out of character for him, at least since the accident. Fox was even more surprised that it had been Layla he sang to. Maybe someone had switched bodies with AJ. That had to be it. Nothing else made any sense.

Isadora Santoro

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Isadora Santoro
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 08:10 AM

Izz or Dora

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

/

Timezone/

Post Count/ 55

Was Fox trying to prank her? Why was he asking her these questions. She really didn't want to ruin her last day of school by trying to explain to a third year why she wasn't dating his brother. "Pretty, popular, outgoing girls." She answered, thinking of Kaylee. She was none of those things. She was probably just some project he felt sorry for and that was why he spent time with her.

Isadora nearly laughed at loud when Fox mentioned rumors of her dating his brother. "Well, of that's the case, i should probably go apologize to your brother." She commented,an amused look on her face. "His good intentions of sticking up for me has now ruined his reputation. We aren't dating. Your brother is just a nice guy."

She went back to eating her funnel cake, figuring that explained things enough for Fox to run off but instead he asked her another question. "Because i am none of those things I listed above and because he is a much better person than me."

Foxworth Lexington

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Foxworth Lexington
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 05:02 PM

Fox

Age / 14

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Berkshire, VT

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 12

Fox rolled his eyes at her statement about pretty, popular, outgoing girls. “Oh, you mean the overrated type of girls?” He had a hard time seeing why there were so many categories for girls to fit into. If he liked a girl, he just liked her. It didn’t matter if she was on Spirit Squad or of a certain status. Fox also had a hard time understanding why exactly Isadora expected AJ to like those types of girls. Kaylee had been popular, pretty, and outgoing, but she was also caring. She was always nice to him even when he was bugging AJ. She would do anything for anyone. “You must not know AJ well if you think that is his only type.” He used air quotes when saying the word ‘type’ for dramatic effect.

Her next statement made him look at her like she was speaking a different language. “His reputation?” What reputation was that? “You’ve heard what people say about him right?” Even Fox knew the rumors about his brother. AJ’s anxiety plagued him often, but Fox didn’t push him to be anything more than he was capable of being at the time. “That all started before he became friends with you. So what, your father is a creep. There are worse things to be talked about for.”

When she continued on about how she wasn’t any of those things or a good person like AJ, Fox sighed out loud. What was it with girls never thinking they were good enough? Kit and Jordan were just as bad. “I wouldn’t say that. I think you are prettier than Layla.” Sure, Layla was attractive, but she resembled a lot of people. Isadora was different. “Why don't you think you are a good person?"

Isadora Santoro

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Isadora Santoro
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 08:02 PM

Izz or Dora

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

/

Timezone/

Post Count/ 55

Overrated type? The eye roll suggested that Fox wasn’t a fan of such women, but… his brother had been deeply in love with one. Had he hated Kaylee? “I probably don’t.” She told him honestly. There was a lot to AJ that she was sure he hadn’t showed to her yet just as there were things and parts of herself that she hadn’t likely shared with him. They had shared some things, had some really nice conversations on thoughtful topics, but she didn’t think they were at a level of friendship where she was his best friend or anything.

Maybe Fox was trying to be nice or maybe he was just someone who was insensitive, she didn’t know, but the moment he brought up Chris, she immediately shut down. Yeah, so what if the person she never thought she would know happened to be the father of someone she had liked as a friend and a person who she had grown up knowing. So what if as a result to his stepping out on his marriage, she was now considered a homewrecker and a whore and not him. So what if she walked the halls and heard people whispering things about her or about her mother and not one of them were negative towards the other person who was equally to blame. Worst things? What did he know about it. “Okay.” Was all she said on it.

What was his problem? If he didn’t want her to answer him honestly, why was he bothering with asking her questions? Sighing at her? Really? The compliment threw her though as she hadn’t expected that from him, but she hadn’t been looking for validation or anything. “Thanks, but it’s really all just subjective to the viewer, isn’t it?” She said, mostly as a joke. “Because I’m selfish and mostly just want to be left alone. Good people are selfless and will bend over backwards to help someone.” AJ deserved the Kaylees’ of the world, not the Isadoras.

Foxworth Lexington

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Foxworth Lexington
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 07:07 PM

Fox

Age / 14

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Berkshire, VT

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 12

Fox hesitated to respond right away when Isadora stated that she probably didn’t know AJ well. A frown played on his face. Was AJ not making any connections? Even though Fox would never admit it out loud, he often worried about his brother. AJ had spent months just sitting in his room, often staring at his ceiling with his headphones on. He wouldn’t talk to anyone about the accident. He wouldn’t hang out with Fox anymore or stay in touch with any of his friends. The car he got for his birthday, the car he loved, still sat in the garage untouched. “He needs help,” Fox began quietly after a moment of silence, “I just want my brother back. I was hoping…maybe, he was talking to you about things.” He didn’t make eye contact with Isadora. Instead he pretended that he was fixing something on his broom, which sat on the table in front of him.

His mention of her father seemed to make Isadora pull back. He wasn’t trying to make light of the situation, but sometimes in his bluntness he didn’t phrase things how he intended. “I meant…just because your father does something bad doesn’t mean it should reflect on you. You aren’t your father.” He shrugged, knowing that rumors were just that, rumors. No one could really know who a person was until they took the time to know them. He always gave people a chance.

As he listened to Isadora, he wondered what happened in her life to make her continuously downplay good things about herself. Was it her father not being in her life? Was it a guy? Did her friends ditch her? It reminded him of Kit. She didn’t think anyone would ever like her. He wished he knew what happened to girls to make them think that way. “I guess it is subjective.” He shrugged, not looking for an argument. However, he couldn’t let her next comment go without a response. “I don’t think it is being selfish,” he looked up at her once more, “It is self preservation.”

Isadora Santoro
Kit Reid (mention)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Isadora Santoro
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 07:58 PM

Izz or Dora

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

/

Timezone/

Post Count/ 55

Isadora watched him carefully as he talked about his brother. Was AJ not open with his family either? Had he blocked them from his life like he had his friends? She knew that he was talking to Eddie again, where ever that led. Maybe Eddie had some brain cells in him left to realize that his old friend needed someone to lean on. Or maybe AJ finally realized that people were dumb and didn’t know how to handle complicated situations, but it was okay to forgive for that too. She felt bad for Fox. He clearly cared deeply for his brother. Had he ever said so to AJ? “We do talk about things.” She told him honestly. “He’s working through it.” It was really the most that she could offer him but she hoped it was enough to relieve some of the worry that Fox had for his brother.

“He even went on a date with Layla. That’s a big step, right?” She said, giving Fox a smile. Maybe he wasn’t who he used to be, maybe he never would be. A part of her hoped that he didn’t go back to that because she doubted he would want to hang around her as much then. “He will get there.”

He seemed to have good intentions after all, but she thought he was a bit naive, or else he thought better of the world than she did. “Maybe not, but people just see the scandal. That is all people ever care about and sometimes it’s not so easy to brush it all off.” Her mother could. She had taken the brunt of it with the name calling and the rumors. There had always been rumors about her and still she smiled and just did her thing without care. Isadora was not her mother though and she did not share in that confidence. Thinking about it now just brought that pain back into the pit of her stomach. She swallowed it though.

Isadora looked amused for a moment. “I suppose it is.” She answered. She had walls up for a reason. AJ had walls up for a reason. “But, that still doesn’t make me a good person. Anyway, why do you care so much? When AJ’s ready, he’ll have no problem finding a girl to date.”

Foxworth Lexington

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/