Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
An Earthquake briefly hit Greylock in February
Repairs and recoveries are ongoing.

The final game is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late April--Early May| Highs 65°F/ Lows 45°F
Snow is melting and the weather has returned to seasonal expectations.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

Men are from Mars; Women are from Venus, Closed.
Chloe Chevalier
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 06:14 AM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, VT via Ireland

Single /

Post Count/ 360

Redshirt |

Potions was a bit of a joke. Well, Chloe was a bit of a joke when it came to potions. Astronomy, though, was her subject. Sitting cross-legged, Chloe tried to forget the sordid memories of having dealt with Logs in the tower. Instead, she waved to Cass to get her thoughts on the lessons.

New year, new you - wasn’t that the saying? They’d never really talked before, but Chloe had never returned her ex-best friend’s feelings either. Cass seemed like fun and maybe it’d mean they could share in a fun friendship. The Kyara-shaped hole in her life left Chloe bereft of her best friend. Baby steps, Chloe reminded herself.

“Hey,” Chloe called, grinning. “Long time, no see, Cass! I’m all about this night life, how about you?” It was a joke since the class was held at night. After Chloe’s laughter subsided, she considered the assignment and groaned at the homework. When was she going to find time to write the paper? Maybe she could do it at work.

“Anyway, I was thinking of maybe following Venus. You know the saying, men are from Mars and women are from Venus? The breath of the west wind bore her Over the sounding sea, Upfront the delicate form, To Wave-ringed Cyprus, her isle. Actually… are you familiar with Venus?”

Cassandra King
PM EMAIL
^
Cassandra King
 Posted: Apr 27 2018, 06:11 AM

Age / 16, Born March 14th (Pisces) | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / San Francisco, California

Hurting but Moving Forward /

Post Count/ 22

Nieve/Aeryn |

Coming over to Chloe’s side, Cass beamed and returned the friendly greeting. “Too long! It’s great to have you back!” Laughing along with the recently returned Chevalier, she added “Oh, I’m loving the atmosphere”trying her hand at making a science joke. After both girls’ laughter subsided they turned to the assignment. If Chloe’s groan was any indication it was with as much (or little) enthusiasm as Cass currently had. Writing was so not her thing.

“Oh for sure! I’ve heard that. Well, the first part. I can’t even pretend to know what that quote was from.” Realizing saying so probably didn’t encourage confidence in her as a partner she quickly answered Chloe’s question. “I know quite a bit about the goddess Venus what with her being a goddess of love, sex and beauty, and all those things being both admired by and closely related to Veela and to a lesser extent their progeny. But the planet itself? Yeeeeah, not so much” Cass admitted with a light chuckle. “But that would probably be enough to guess which potions would work best, right?”

Having no particular preference herself on which potion to make she asked “are there any potions you’re particularly interested in trying?” It was an easier question than asking about other things. Or really just easier than asking about Kyara. That would be a messy vial of flobberworms to open on their first interaction in a while. Still, Cass couldn’t be expected to not broach a subject other than what they were doing in class. ‘I mean, honestly,’ she thought, ‘I can’t waste an opportunity like this.’ So mind temporarily off the assignment, Cass pushed onward. “So how’s it being back? Looking forward to any of the upcoming events?”

Chloe Chevalier

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Chloe Chevalier
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 01:28 PM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, VT via Ireland

Single /

Post Count/ 360

Redshirt |

“Thanks,” Chloe gushed, appreciative that Cass was happy to see her. And when she joked back, Chloe laughed with.

She nodded when Cass added her knowledge to the mix. “I think it could. Though no need to guess with the textbook on hand!” She pulled it out, flipping through the pages to find details on Venus. “Copper is our metal as you know.”

“I’m not really fussed with which potion we make, but maybe something that could be useful for us? With how crazy the weather is, maybe a pepper up? Do you think that’s too easy? But I’d say we need to start with when it’ll be most potent so we know what days we’ll have to work with.” She frowned, checking against the metrics which they’d be graded on.

“Hang on, Cass, lemme check something about this essay we need to write.” She asked the professor if it was all associated planets or if it was the one they ultimately chose to work with. Jotting down her findings, she hopped back over to Cass. “Sorry about that, just making sure we had more planets and spells to work with than less!”

“Okay. Being back,” she let out a breath, grinning widely. “Great actually. For the most part, it’s like I never left, but so many students have transferred in and out that it feels like a different school completely, you know?”

She mused over the question about events. “Mine?” She laughed again. “Adventure club’s are guaranteed to be a good time. Stargazing and a scavenger hunt. You’re still involved with the club, yeah?” She poked Cass’s arm with the end of her pen, prepared to goad her into joining if she wasn’t already invested.

“The dance concept is interesting. Girls asking instead of guys, though I didn’t think there was a distinction in the last dances, you know? I wonder if the decorations will be different or special or something.” Spreading out her textbook in front of them, she pulled her star chart over to start mapping what house Venus was presently in. That was their class assignment after all.

“What’s on your mind?” She side-eyed the other girl, wondering if she had an event in particular that she wanted to gab about. “If you ever need facepainting for Spirit Squad, lemme know?”

Cassandra King Briar Rose Scribe
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse