Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Duo of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Briar's Boring Shipper, Briar Rose's Shipper
Briar Rose Scribe
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 11:15 PM

Age / 23

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock

Single /

Author Alias / The Foxy One

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 5

Briar Rose
The Basics:
Briar Rose is a socialble guy who is quick to make friends and be befriended. He loves learning new things and helping people. Officially he is the subsitute teacher for Ilvermorny, but is also commonly seen around town doing odd jobs or part-time work for the various shops and villagers. Chances are you'll run into him everywhere you go. He is 23 years old and his wand acts like an old lady. Probablly because its original owner was an old lady.

Friends:
If the Wizarding world had a facebook, Briar would be the guy with over 500 friends and talk to all of them semi-regularly. He grew up in Greylock and attended Ilvermorny so if you live in town or went to the school it's highly likely that he knew or knows you by name.

After graduating from school Briar Rose spent a year and a half at a loss of what to do. A friend recomended he apply as a subsitute for the school which helped him out imensely. If you think you can be that friend then let me know! Multiple people could have even made the suggestion.

Rivals:
Considering his friendly nature and desire for harmony amongst his peers it's unlikely he would have any true enemies (but not impossible!). Rivals, however, there may have been a few. Briar Rose has had competative brusts in his youth, mostly in sports and acedemics. People who ignore his help or advice are quickly short-listed however.

Love:
His love life is. . . rather secretive. In school it was never known if he was dating anyone or not. It's the one aspect of himself that he isn't quick to share.

Life in School:
During his years at Ilvermorny Briar was an eager student and did well in all his classes, until his advanced classes where he seemed to never make any progress acedemically. He was always happy to help or offer support to those who wanted it, reguardless of house or history. Like any young students he got into his fair share of trouble, but with mom and dad in Greylock he kept his mischief mostly tame.

He dabbled in several sports and extracircular activities. Staying with one for several months before moving on to the next. Those who knew him his first or second year could humorously remember him as the boy with the wand nearly as tall as himself!

OOC Note: I get overwhelmed easily and have anxiety so I really can't do more than two threads at once. Three top. Thank you for your paitence, it really means a lot to me.
PM
^
Clara Abernathy
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 11:52 PM

Curly Top

Age / 24

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Fiance` of Pickles /

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 161

Hey Briar,

Since he graduated a year behind her, it is entirely possible that he and Clara were friends in school due to her bubbly personality and teasing nature. She owns the candy/bakery in town so if he wants to ask about about a part time job or just come bug her, she'd be happy to have him. Her cousin Dimitri also works at the school with him as the Quidditch Coach so there's another potential friend. Dimitri also went to Ilvermorny.

Clara Abernathy http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

@Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Cian Chevalier
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 12:51 PM

"Key-in"

Age / 15

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, Vermont

Single /

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/ Central

Post Count/ 120

Hi! I think two of my characters could be an interesting match for Briar.

Kai Baxter
Kai graduated two years behind Briar, so they would probably know each other. Unlike Briar, however, Kai is not good at making friends. At school, they had a very small group of friends and probably often came across as unfriendly. Although they didn't have lots of friends, they may be memorable for transitioning while in school (around fourth year). They switched to using they/them. Similarly to Briar, they are also in a "what am I doing with my life?" stage. Currently, they work at the apothecary shop, but it's supposed to be temporary.

Cian Chevalier
As currently being discussed in chat XD Cian was born deaf and, up until his fifth year, was home schooled in Ireland by his mother with his 9 other siblings. He has had to cast silently since he began learning magic which, of course, is very difficult. Cian has been trying many different strategies to learn how to cast better and is currently researching a form of wandless, signed magic. He would idolize Briar if he catches him doing wandless magic and will probably bug him about it.

@Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Briar Rose Scribe
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 01:12 PM

Age / 23

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock

Single /

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 5

@Cian Chevalier
We can definately have them meet up! Briar is always using wandless magic because his wand is an old lady who don't rush for nothing. He wouldn't know anything about signed wandless magic, but he would be quite happy to help! Would you like to start the thread or me? Briar can be anywhere you need him to be. (There's no escape!)

@Clara Abernathy
They can certainly be friends! And Briar would be happy to see her back in Greylock. And working part-time in a confections shop would be awesome and he would like pay in confections haha. We can start the thread whenever! Briar could walk into the shop so they could re-connect and stuff c:
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 07:33 PM

Kiki

Age / 51

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Albuquerque, NM

Married / Jeff Jareau (NPC)

Author Alias / Sarah/Kiva

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 49

Hi Briar!

So, some people that your character may know:

Kiva Kijewski-Jareau - profile - for obvious reasons she is your boss and someone he would have had in his life as his headmistress (no need to thread or anything, just pointing out his relation with her, lol)

Amelle Nicchi - profile - She's the school counselor and has worked at the school for going on 7 years now (she was originally the librarian for the first five years). So he would know her as the librarian/counselor and now coworker.

Aria Yale - profile - They were in classes together at Ilvermorny. Aria was a hippy/flower child who was rather quiet while in school and completely socially awkward because she was raised in a isolated community who have a different perception on things. She's very sweet though and was a Pukwudgie. She's also marrying the school Muggle Studies professor, Liam Ammon.

Chloe Jareau - profile - she's the Headmistress's daughter, but she also works as a barista in The Grind, so if he picks up work there, he'll be working with her. She's also dating Dimitri Porter, who works at the school as the Coach.

Sorry, I have so many!

@Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Briar Rose Scribe
 Posted: Aug 19 2017, 12:31 AM

Age / 23

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock

Single /

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 5

@Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

I think Briar and Amelle would be a good place to start! Briar could use a friend who is a good listener. Also, he likes books and learning and was most certainly in the library quite a lot haha.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/