Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
An Earthquake briefly hit Greylock in February
Repairs and recoveries are ongoing.

The final game is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late April--Early May| Highs 65°F/ Lows 45°F
Snow is melting and the weather has returned to seasonal expectations.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

Unicorns & Unique Questions
Edwin Murray
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 06:18 PM

Eddie, Ed

Age / 17 | Height / 5'10"

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Atlanta, GA

really really confused / like extremely confused

Post Count/ 66

Reanie | She/Her

The professors had tried, yet not succeeded. After his T.O.A.D.S., Edwin had many meeting to discuss his future. Well… A few 'possibilities'. At the end of his fifth year, he had flunked a majority of his classes. To be precise, he had failed all of them except four. However, the fact that he even barely passed those classes and the negativity from the , he had still chosen to follow Care of Magical Creatures. It might be a load of work for him to get good grades for his HAWKS for all of his four subjects, which also included Charms, Potions, and Herbology. Nonetheless, he had faith in himself. Even though he had bitten by almost all of the creatures in classes throughout his six years. Even though he still didn’t know how the difference between a mole and a niffler. Deep inside he knew that he made a connection with the class by getting bitten so many times. The deepest part of his soul told him, however, that his extroverted butt just wanted even more organisms to interact with. Besides that, Care of Magical Creatures was really practical and an easy class to joke around in.

The outdoor lesson started off with manual labor that asked the students to bring baskets to the forest. “Let me ladies,” he shot a wink at two of his female classmates that were carrying the heavy baskets with cleaning tools and various foods. The scent of the food made him a bit nauseous, but he wasn’t allowed to stop smiling in front of girls when he was helping them. Edwin was carrying thrice the amount of the baskets to the forest where they had to gather. The young substitute, Briar, was waiting there for them with an unfamiliar woman. After getting thanked for his helpful act for his classmates, he leaned with his butt on a tree trunk with other male students. Eddie looked at the professor as if he was ‘listening’. Instead, he was trying to guess the age of the Unicorn handler, before getting distracted by a worm that was trying to conquer his shoes. The little faceless creature made him unaware of the question moment. He always liked to ask unnecessary questions during those times, but he might have to wait a bit until he could annoy Briar, like always.

When students started to great the horned horses, Edwin walked over to Briar, patting him on the back as if they were same-age friends that had attended “Yo, Briar. How’s it going!” A bright smile greeted the blonde man. “So, why do I have to work with the younger one?” the wizard look with his charming grin at the l, “I’m not that great with kids.” Eddie told the somewhat the truth. In other classes where he had to deal with the baby versions of certain creatures, he always got bitten. The creatures hadn’t learned to not do that yet, or perhaps he was a bit obnoxious and didn’t know precisely what to do with them. “What is a colt, by the way? It’s a weird name,” the boy shook his head, crossing his arms in front of his chest as if he was a supervisor of the lesson, “I hope you will give your children prettier names.

What does that horn actually do?

PM
^
Briar Rose Scribe
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 08:37 PM

Bri/Bry

Age / 24 | Height / Average

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock

Dating / Craig Meyers <3

Post Count/ 125

The Foxy One | Any

Briar watched three students introduce themselves to one of the horses when a sudden pat on the shoulder caught him off guard. Even before the younger boy spoke Briar knew it was Eddie. "Eddie, while in class it's Professor Scribe." He gave the boy a stern look but doubted it would effect Eddie in any way. Not that Briar really minded if students called him by his first name, he enjoyed that he could be more casual with them but there was a thing as too casual.

"You should have been paying attention in class. Unicorns have been one of your required readings for weeks now." He considered leaving it at that, but thought it best to give the answer anyways. "It's because mature unicorns are less trusting of males. The younger ones don't have that same issue. Again, if you had done your reading you would know that." Briar finished with a pointed look. "You know, you could just put yourself with food prep if you don't want to directly interact."

Eddie continued on with his endless questions. "Colt is a term. It's used to refer to young male horses under four years old." Grosshawk spent over an hour drilling definitions and other knowledge into Briar before allowing him to help her grooms. Perhaps he missed his calling as a unicorn handler. Briar snorted at Eddie's comments about his own children's names. "I would hope I wouldn't name them after technical terms. Not that I'm having kids any time soon." Gosh, did Craig even want kids? No, no they have not been dating long enough for that trail of thought to be considered.

"Now that I've answered all of your questions, why don't you get to work? I'm sure the unicorns aren't interested in biting you." Too much sass in Eddie for their tastes. He turned back to watching students but everything seemed alright with no imminent disasters on the horizon.

Edwin Murray

PM
^
Edwin Murray
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 07:01 PM

Eddie, Ed

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Atlanta, GA

Post Count/ 66

Reanie | She/Her

Professor Scribe? Really? I thought we had passed that level of our relationship already in our second class together.” Edwin sighed, shaking his head. He tried really hard to keep his laughter under control. The Pukwudgie loved teasing his professors, especially those closer to his age. A close acquaintanceship or friendship with a student was the only thing that the seventeen-year-old could offer to his professors. Her grades weren’t exactly fun presents. The staff members probably considered them as pranks, somehow. He leaned with his arm on the other male’s shoulder, scoffing at the required reading stuff. “Come on, Pro-fes-sor. You know I don’t read.” The boy emphasized the title of Briar’s profession quite extensively to tease him even more. It felt weird to address someone that young as a professor. If Eddie was just a year older, or Briar a year younger, they would have shared a year at Ilvermorny. Briar did share two years with the young wizard’s older brother. They could consider themselves as buddies from the same school. Well, he considered everyone around him school buddies. Nobody was able to escape from Eddie’s friend zone, except Caelia. Caelia was too perfect to be put in a friendzone.

Wow, so unicorns are sexist? I’m so offended, right now,” he shook his head again, while chuckling. The unicorns looked pure and beautiful. It would be wonderful to take care of them. However, Edwin knew that he wasn't the best person to do that task. Besides, he wasn’t really in the mood to follow a lesson properly. Somehow, he was never in that mood. “Well… Technical terms doesn’t sound all that bad. Some people name their kids after cardinal directions or cities,” the view of the students working on the unicorns wasn’t his favorite. There wasn’t any Lucan in the mix, which annoyed him. There weren’t many classes that they shared. The unicorns reminded him a lot of the female Pukwudgie, whom he had a crush on. Both were beautiful and flawless. He still preferred the witch, though. “I think you need to discuss it with Professor Meyers, though. But if you ever give a name that is a technical term, I expect to be the godfather of the child.” His grimace was filled with mischief.

But, Briar. I don’t want to get to work. I thought that was obvious,” his mischievous smile didn’t disappear at all as he looked at the older wizard. “I will probably food poison the poor creatures or scare them away with the amount of testosterone I have in my body. Besides, you are way more fun to talk to. Somehow, unicorns don’t talk back. Weird, right?

PM
^
Briar Rose Scribe
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 08:29 PM

Bri/Bry

Age / 24 | Height / Average

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock

Dating / Craig Meyers <3

Post Count/ 125

The Foxy One | Any

Briar couldn't help but roll his eyes at Eddie's antics. Honestly, he could never fault the young wizard for it as Briar had acted similarly when he was in school. And, just like Eddie, his grades were never the best either. His last years in school were a frustrating paradox of fun and stressful. "Regardless, I'm still your teacher and should be professional during class." Outside of class was an entirely different matter. He made a face of mock horror when Eddie said he didn't read. "I'm sorry, Mr. Murray but I could never be friends with anyone who doesn't like to read."

He tried to focus on watching the class when Eddie made his comment about sexist unicorns. That pulled a snort from the young teacher who desperately tried to school his expression into something disproving. "Unicorn's can't be sexist, Mr. Murry. They are too pure for such ugly things like sexism or hurting easily offended boys feelings." Then a brilliant idea crossed Briar's mind. Though, the mention of Craig did bring a slight blush to his cheeks. "What I discuss with Professor Meyer's is none of your concern."

The young teacher moved and motioned for Eddie to follow. A short distance away from the unicorns and at the edge of the forest was a shovel. "I have the perfect job for you. One where you won't accidentally poison one of the most innocent creatures on earth nor scare them with your manly man-some testosterone. And one you can perform while still chatting with me as it's fairly mindless." Briar handed the shovel to Eddie then pointed out a pile of unicorn poop.

"You see, it turns out that unicorn scat is a rather wonderful fertilizer. Very rare and valuable and will be quite usefull in the greenhouses. Just fill up the bucket over there and you'll have the eternal gratitude of Professor Watson. And there may be a bonus of house points if you don't complain." Briar gave Eddie the biggest shit-eating grin he could muster.

Edwin Murray
PM
^
Edwin Murray
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 05:07 PM

Eddie, Ed

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Atlanta, GA

Post Count/ 66

Reanie | She/Her

Oh wow, that’s just rude. You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, Briar,” Eddie was shaking his head with his signature mischievous smile on his face,“there is more to me than not enjoying to read.” The name ‘Mr. Murray’ gave him the chills. It felt so adult-like and reminded him of his father. He was too young to be called with the same name as his father. That man was old. However, he didn’t show his distaste of the name to the professor. That would mean that he had a weakness Having a weakness meant that he would probably soon be talked into taking care of – and be bitten by – the unicorns.

Briar did show some kind of weakness, finally. His comment about sexist unicorns made the older wizard finally show some emotion that wasn’t seemingly disapproving. The man had snorted before trying to clarify the unicorns perspective. “Too pure? I don’t believe that. Every organism has a naughty side to them,” except for Caelia. Caelia was a lot purer than the horses that were secretly trying to plan how to bit in his hand, feet or an even worse spot. “No organism can be perfect,” he continued, noting the blonde angel in his house as the only exception. “Don’t worry, I’ll never ask about your loving relationship with Proffers Meyers. I promise," It was an empty promise. The boy didn’t have the best memory in the world. The next time they would meet, Edwin would have already long forgotten the promise. The substitute would also probably notice it by looking at Eddie’s mischievous smile.

The light-haired blonde man suddenly started to move, gesturing that the Pukwudgie should move. Like the good student he was, Edwin followed. At first, he was quite optimistic. However, Briar’s talk made him a little bit suspicious. “The perfect job?” he repeated the professor’s words. It intrigued him quite a bit. To be honest, Eddie had absolutely no idea what he was going to do after Ilvermorny. Probably work at his parents’ farm. It wasn’t as if continuing his education would be logical. It would be a waste of time. However, he didn’t know enough about financial management to fully take over the family farm. That is why he needed an intelligent wife to keep him company. He needed Caelia.

I love chat-” Before the boy could, his quick reflexes mad him catch the shovel. He got to be kidding… Unfortunately, Briar wasn’t. Eddie was speechless, as he looked at the unicorn scat that spread around on the ground of the forest. His face was expressionless. His mouth was a bit open for a little bit too long to be natural. After blinking a few times, a bright smile appeared on Edwin’s face. What made him smile? The opportunity to gather house points motivated him to not complain. His house was second place at the moment, so he wanted to help his house a little bit. “Alright! I like this one. Because I can still chat with my favorite old dude.

The brown-haired boy quickly got the bucket, putting in a spot that was surrounded by a lot of the product created by the unicorns’ intestines. “I always love to help my favorite professor… Dom,” Eddie teased, “If I fill a second bucket, can I send some back home? My family doesn’t have the resources to buy Unicorn poop.” His father would really appreciate it if he could do it. “So, Prof. Why are you substituting? I was expecting to see Professor Locklear,” he asked while starting to put the poop inside the with great efficiency. Due to his daily workout, he didn’t get easily tired when doing physical labor.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse