Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Being Social with the Butterfly, Eddie
Isadora Santoro
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 07:03 PM

Izz or Dora

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

/

Author Alias / Sarah/Kiva

Timezone/

Post Count/ 55

Isadora sat in the common room working on her homework when she heard some commotion that was interrupting her thought process. She didn’t hang out too often in the common room simply because she wasn’t the most social of creatures, but occasionally her dorm room was too busy with her roommates going on about something to one another and the library was packed this time of year with people starting to prep for their upcoming exams at the end of the year that the common room was really the only place she could go to do any type of work. At least until it became too noisy and she needed to find some other place to finish up her essay.

She thought about going down to the music room to practice a bit and just take a break, but she knew that she was spending more time than usual in there and there was a higher chance of getting caught. She would just have to deal with a bit of a break from that room and find other ways to distract herself. Her portable mini wizard wireless was helpful and sometimes she would just find an empty classroom to listen to it and sing or dance (poorly) to the music just to forget about things for a while.

The commotion in question was Eddie. The class clown and the person who seemed to have a pension for causing attention to himself. He was okay. Isadora mostly just let him ramble when he felt inspired to chat with her. Maybe he would just be too busy with the other girls in the room to notice-nope, her hopeful thoughts were lost. They made eye contact.

With an internal breath for herself, Isadora gave him a smile as he made his way over. “Hey Eddie. How’s it going?” She asked politely.

OOC: Hope this is okay. Let me know if I need to change anything!

Edwin Murray

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Edwin Murray
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 03:25 PM

Eddie

Age / 17

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Atlanta, GA

Openly crushing on / a Lucan

Author Alias / Reanie

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 22

Edwin was having a fun time hanging around in the common room. Before joining a random group of girls that were gossiping about stuff, he had taken a warm shower to relax his muscles. The Pukwudgie only had four classes to follow, so his homework or class hours weren’t that much. Not like he even spent his time doing homework. Today was like most days, he had spent two hours working out before returning to his home away from home. The common room was by far his favorite space in the castle. It was only second to the grand hall. He was a guy that preferred large, crowdy room. Those places meant that there would be at least one person to talk. Fortunately, the common room had even more people. He had changed into a short-sleeved white t-shirt and black sweatpants that complimented his good physique.

There was a clique of familiar girls – obviously a bit younger – talking to each other on the couches. Well… It couldn’t be considered talking. It was more whispering or gossiping, which made him a bit mischievous. Eddie liked to tease most of his close female housemate with their crushes or boyfriend. So, he had interrupted their conversation after a bit of eavesdropping. His mischievous smile was from ear to ear, while he continued with teasing the girls about the weird topics they were talking about with each other. It caused them to give loud, dramatic and incredibly hilarious reaction to him, which made him laugh continuously. Some of the girls were embarrassed, some were sassy and the others were laughing their asses off with him. Edwin was about to leave the group alone, thinking he had bothered them enough when his eyes caught those of Isadora Santoro. His grimace became even wider. That girl was a challenge to interact with. With most of his female housemates, he could easily chat for a long time or at least get funny reactions from them by teasing. Isadora was a lot less receptive than the clique of girls he had bothered before. One of the female pukwudiges he had teased a second ago asked if he would join them. “Sorry Eve, other people also deserve me teasing them.” As a joke, he gave them a wink. “Ieuw, so cheesy!” was one of their reactions including some more disgusted faces. “Always,” he laughed, slowly walking over to Isadora.

The girl greeted him with a smile. “Heeey~ DoriDori,” Eddie grabbed a chair to sit on with the back in front of him, so he could lean on it with his arms crossed. With his chocolate brown eyes, he stared at her, giving her his signature smile. “Pretty good. I had an amazing workout and shower. How about you?” He ruffled his semi-wet, messy hair with his hand, making drops of water going everywhere. “Whoops,” he chuckled, noticing some drops had fallen on her homework. Edwin looked at it for a second, but it already confused him. “I see you are trying to be a good student. I would give you a standing ovation, but my butt is too comfortable, right now. What is it actually?” He lazily pointed at her homework, “Transfiguration, Defense, History?” It wasn’t as if the boy could help her with any of them. He had flunked all of them during his T.O.A.D.S., the year before Isadora would take them. Perhaps she could give her some distraction with a little bit of small talk. Nobody liked doing homework without a break.

PM
^
Isadora Santoro
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 05:42 PM

Izz or Dora

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

/

Timezone/

Post Count/ 55

Isadora braced herself as he started to head in her direction with that creepy grin on his face. She knew that he liked to consider himself to be this sort of charming class clown, but there was something aggressive about him. Not in a terrifying way. It was hard to explain. It was like he kept pushing where someone didn’t want him. Always making jokes and being friendly. It was weird to Isadora and too exhausting for her to really want to handle. Being in a house of friendly people, there were so many people she had learned to just ignore or deal with in some way. Eddie though, nice guy as he was, wasn’t one of them. She hadn’t quite learned how to dismiss him without him quite knowing he was dismissed.

She inwardly rolled her eyes at the nickname. Her mom’s old bandmates called her Dorie to annoy her. They always had and somehow Eddie had picked up on the same nickname. It was like nails on a chalkboard to her. Maybe he knew that and did it on purpose? That did not make her want to spend more time with him. Actually, it made her want to be around him even less.

Isadora frowned when she saw the droplets of water hit the parchment of her work and she slowly moved it away from him. School might have been a joke for him but it was important to her. It was her ticket away from this town and all the gossips that clouded it. She had no idea where she wanted to go or what she wanted to do other than something with music; she just knew that she wanted out. Isadora loved her mother very much and would visit her often, so it wasn’t her mom that she was trying to get away from. It was everything else.

“Charms homework, actually.” Isadora said. It wasn’t due for another week, but she wanted to get it done and put aside so that she didn’t have to worry about it anymore. She leaned back in her seat and tucked her legs up under her. She was wearing light wash skinny jeans with a fitted plain cranberry colored top that showed she had far more womanly curves than her school uniform would have suggested.

“Are you going to be spending your afternoon in here chatting?” She asked him, assessing whether or not she needed to find a new place to finish her homework.

Edwin Murray

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Edwin Murray
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 03:44 PM

Eddie

Age / 17

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Atlanta, GA

Author Alias / Reanie

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 22

Edwin raised his eyebrows when the younger Pukwudgie told him that the homework. Shouldn’t he recognize it? He had followed the class for almost six years now. Yes, he barely remembered anything from it. Surprisingly, it was one of his four classes that he actually followed and wasn’t forced to drop. “Really?” he questioned her. The girl wasn’t playing with him, right? His eyes observed the parchments and books again, trying to remember the subject a bit. Eddie didn’t really comment about it more. He was sure that he didn’t remember anything of her homework. Maybe it was something that was introduced after he finished his fifth year? Probably. Obviously. He was still in denial that it was mostly luck that he got an Acceptable for his Charms exam. Most of the topics in his exams were things that he actually remembered. The thing that Isadora was focusing on, wasn’t a part of that category.

Yeah, probably. You are joining me, right? Besides, I can help you with your homework if you want,” Edwin shot her a wink and a mischieveous smile. His offer wasn’t even serious. He knew that others of their house knew about his low grades and his great skills to distract himself continuously in class. “I’m probably better at other things, like some distraction, though,” he spoke honestly to Isadora. “So what kind of distraction do you want,” he got quite excited to “We can talk about your life, we can talk about my life, I can get a board game where you’ll probably win because I don’t understand the game,” the sixteen-year-old pointed at the cupboard filled with non-maj and magical board games. He enjoyed playing them together with younger pukwudgies from the beginner classes. From them, he could still win. "I can give you Charms 101 and not this kind of charms.” His mischievous reappeared on his face, as he touched her homework with his hand.

All of these possibilities to get to know each other, what do you think,” he continued, shooting him a charming smile, “As a former fifth-year, I will share you this important tip; sometimes breaks are incredibly important.

PM
^
Isadora Santoro
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 06:10 PM

Izz or Dora

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

/

Timezone/

Post Count/ 55

Isadora frowned at him. “Yes. Really.” She replied flatly. Why in the world would she lie about what homework she was doing? Eddie was a nice guy, the sort of guy that everyone seemed to like and who could easily float between groups of people, but he was a weird person. At least to Isadora. How he managed to not fail his classes was beyond comprehension for Isadora. There was only so far that charm and humor could take someone. Hardwork and determination were what made people successes. As nice as Eddie was, Isadora didn’t think he was going to get very far in life with the way he was currently handling things.

She sighed internally when Eddie said he planned to hang out in the common room. She almost snorted in disbelief when he offered to help her with her work. “I don’t really need any help.” She told him, trying to sound pleasant about it but she was horrified at the idea that he would forcefully help her anyway. “I actually know what I’m doing, so it shouldn’t take me too long to get through.” She added with a smile.

Isadora wanted to groan when Eddie went on. He wanted to be her distraction? Didn’t he have enough friends to go bother? Or girls to flirt with? Why did he feel the need to pester her? She should have settled in at the library and just dealt with the annoying whispers of the talkers rather than try to be more house oriented and hang out in the common room. When she tried this, she suffered greatly. Case and point, Eddie. “Breaks are important, I agree.” She replied. “But as I’m on a roll with my work, I’d rather finish it and then take a break.” She had no idea why he tried to chat with her so much. She was polite about it, but she thought she was also obvious that it wasn’t something she necessarily wanted to do. With anyone.

Well, that wasn’t true. She had enjoyed talking to AJ and looked forward to the few times that they had conversation. But talking to him was more complex and intriguing. She wasn’t sure she would be as stimulated by conversation with Eddie. “Plus, I’m kind of boring. I doubt you would enjoy having any sort of conversation with me. Those girls over there, though, seem a little put out that you left them.” She said, hinting at the girls who kept looking over at them. “I’d hate to think they are heartbroken over you leaving them.”

Edwin Murray

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Edwin Murray
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 04:34 PM

Eddie

Age / 17

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Atlanta, GA

Author Alias / Reanie

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 22

It was a bummer that Isadora didn’t want his help. It was a smart decision of hers. But it made him feel a little bit disappointed. Edwin could have made it fun with some amazing improvisation. It was something he would have probably needed. The more he stared at her homework, the more confused he became. Were those topics really taught in the fifth year? “That’s too bad,” he pouted, his head leaning on the palm of his hand and his version of puppy eyes staring at the girl. It was an obvious act to get sympathy. It didn’t take long for him to stop the act because his ears picked up on something. The smile from Dora also made him feel a bit more hopeful. Showing some kind of weakness to him was always bad, it made him even more determined to “Not too long? So if I wait for a bit, you are ready to give your precious housemate your time?

His goal with the female Pukwudgie was to have a fun chat that took a bit longer than normal. Normal being barely three minutes. Edwin didn’t really know a lot about the dark-haired girl. He wanted to get to know her. They shared the same house and would share the same class, again, next year. Just a bit of small talking and learning about her family, her interests or anything else. The witch seemed to be hesitant to become closer, which he didn’t understand. He would definitely wanted to be his own friend. He was kind, funny, and, above all, handsome. What wasn’t to like about him? He hoped nothing. The fact that she agreed to his statement about breaks made him smile like a Cheshire Cat. “I told you. I can wait till you finish. I’m pretty patient.” The last part was a lie, but he wouldn’t admit it. Eddie would wait a little bit if that meant that he could become friends Isadora. “I can maybe…” he looked around the common room and his eyes stopped at one of the bookshelves, “read a book while waiting.” Immediately after saying, he frowned and bit his lips. That was one of the most stupid things he had ever said in his life. Reading was the last verb that would be in the same sentence as his name. Even the headmistress’s hair would probably fall out her head out of shock if she heard that Eddie was reading. “or something else…” the young wizard murmured.

The fifth-year didn’t seem to be all that confident in her personality, which confused him. From a distance, Isadora did seem like fun. He could have sworn that he had seen her talk to AJ. If she could have a fun conversation with AJ, she could do the same with him. Eddie and AJ were old pals! But that was before everything became awkward. His gaze followed her line of sight as she talked about the group of girls. They were staring at them, so Edwin shot a charming smile and a timid wave. One of them let out a squeal that surprised him a little bit. Unfortunately for Isa, his attention went back to her.

Don’t tell them. But I think that you’re a lot more interesting.” For a second, Edwin stood up to change his chair to the position how it should be used before sitting back down, again. He put his arms on the table and put his head on them, as if he was going to take a nap. The position made his t-shirt slide a bit up, but he didn’t bother to hide his slightly exposed stomach. “I’ll be just here, daydreaming about you talking to me with your great, not-boring personality until you are finished wither charms,” a sincere grin appeared on his face.

PM
^
Isadora Santoro
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 10:43 PM

Izz or Dora

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

/

Timezone/

Post Count/ 55

Crap.

She said the wrong thing to him. Ugh. Trying to get out of him helping him just gave him an opportunity to bother her even more. This had not been what she had intended. Why didn’t he get the hint that she didn’t really want to hang out with him? There were so many other people who were willing to waste their time with him, why did he bother with her so much? She wanted to be left alone. She was not an outgoing person who enjoyed being around other outgoing people. She was an introvert who liked her space and her alone time. He was encroaching on that alone time.

Isadora almost started to crack up when Eddie offered to read a book while she did her homework. She was almost willing to agree to hang out with him once she was done with her work just to see him struggle over a plot in a book. Did he even know how to read? Pukwudgies weren’t known to be smart so she had a belief that most of them probably just weren’t. Nothing against them or anything, of course, but Eddie just sort of proved that theory for her. She kept her laugh internal though because that would have been rude to just...laugh at him so bluntly.

She sighed. Even with presenting him with a group of girls who would follow him like he was Prince Charming, Eddie still preferred to hang out with her. Why? Why was he doing this to her? She didn’t want to be mean to him, that just wasn’t her style, but she was really starting to get frustrated that her nice ways of turning him down weren’t working. “Honestly, it’d weird me out if you just sat here watching me work.” Isadora commented honestly. “I don’t really know how long this is going to take me. It’s not hard work but they are essays and projects that I have to do for my classes. So, it could take me a long while to get through it all.” She tried to explain. Maybe if explaining how much time he would waste waiting, he would pursue someone else for awhile.

Edwin Murray

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Edwin Murray
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 06:13 PM

Eddie

Age / 17

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Atlanta, GA

Author Alias / Reanie

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 22

Eddie felt his blood rise to his face out of embarrassment. Was he really being weird? Maybe he had been a bit too stubborn. The honesty that came out of Isadora’s mouth broke a tiny piece of his confidence and heart. The common room also suddenly felt way too hot. Did the girl really dislike him? Why? Most people liked to hang out and talk with him, especially other Pukwudgies. Dora didn’t even seem the appreciate his efforts to talk to her. Edwin was in denial that it was because she disliked him. The explanation – or excuses – about school seemed quite reasonable. It hurt his heart less than the other reason, but that didn’t explain the reason why she didn’t want him to watch. The fact that she would be weirded out, hurt him the most.

Edwin sat up straight, stretching her back and arms. He sighed and looked around him, before returning his gaze to the female Pukwudgie. “Alright, I get it,” he gave her an apologetic smile. His facial expression had gone from bright to a bit solemn. His brain was still trying to wrap around the idea that the fifth-year disliked him. It could also be the opposite. Maybe his presence distracted him too much because she liked him. That reason was a lot more logical than the other ones in his mind. “Good luck with your homework,” he slowly stood up, “I’ll do some relaxing in the dorms.” A last charming smile for the pretty girl before Edwin walked away towards his dorm. He shouldn’t be hurt by their interaction. There was always another time when they could talk. The timing would be perfect at least once in his life, right?

PM
^
Isadora Santoro
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 07:41 PM

Izz or Dora

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

/

Timezone/

Post Count/ 55

She could tell by the look on his face that her rejection of him hurt him a bit and she felt bad about it. She really had been trying hard to not hurt his feelings but he just hadn’t been taking the hints. Isadora knew that if he had kept trying though, she might have become more annoyed over his insistence of hanging out with her and then she might have actually gotten a little bit mean on purpose. Isadora didn’t like being rude or mean with people, but Eddie’s stubbornness was starting to bring that side out of her.

He seemed so let down over the idea of her not wanting to spend time with him. It was no offense to him, not completely anyway, Isadora just wasn’t a social type person. She and Eddie would have very little in common and she honestly just didn’t like being around people who loved to be center of attention. Maybe Eddie was a nice guy, maybe he was just a shallow guy, she had no idea. All she did know was that when he was paying attention to her, then half the females in the room were also paying attention to her and she did not enjoy that.

“Thanks.” She said lamely as he stood to go. Isadora really hadn’t realized that anyone was capable of hurting Eddie’s feelings, but she definitely saw him a little differently. Maybe a bit more human. “Enjoy your afternoon.” She added. Still not enough for her to want to spend time with him though.

Edwin Murray

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/