Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Revenge Can Be Sweetly Transforming
Ariel Blackburn
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 04:52 PM

Small Red

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Portland, OR

Girlfriend to Danny-Boy /

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 333

Ariel lay in bed before Transfig class debating on whether or not she should even go to the dreaded class. Transfiguration was basically the bane of her existence. Every single time she tried to do something in that class, it blew up in her face. Well, figuratively anyway. Her worse lesson to date was still the one that wound her up in the hospital wing. Although that one had also introduced her to Darius too so it wasn't entirely horrible. She felt really bad when he wound up in the hospital wing with her until she learned how his spell accident happened. She was surprised to learn it had been no accident.

The crazy little twinkie had actually changed himself a different color just so she wouldn't be alone. Ariel hadn't known what to do with that, but she and Darius had become friends that day. She missed the little twinkie. Transfig was just a reminder that she didn't see Darius much anymore...at all! She had hoped to be able to introduce him to Ayla and Reko and make their friend circle just a tad bigger, but apparently it just wasn't meant to happen. Now she had to drag her butt out of bed and face the awful class without him.

Ariel dragged herself to class after losing the debate with herself on whether to skip out on the lesson. She really couldn't afford to miss any classes. Her marks weren't terrible, but they weren't perfect either. She needed all the good marks she could get. She made it to class and sat in her usual seat towards the back of the room on the right hand side. She glanced towards the seat next to her and sighed. It was empty again. Ariel turned her attention to glance around the room before professor Blair began his lesson and her gaze grazed Daniel seated on the opposite side of the room.

Ariel couldn't help giggling to herself when she spotted the bag of Chocobombs on his desk. She had to cover up her mouth to keep from laughing harder when she watched him pop like 10 of them into his mouth and eat them. If she remembered correctly, the effects of those lasted for an hour a piece, so theoretically, Daniel would be a walking gas factory for about the next 10 hours straight. Ariel knew she probably shouldn't be laughing at that, but the Dingus did say he would do anything for her forgiveness soooo….he could put up with a bit of public humiliation for the next 10 hours. If he was serious about wanting her forgiveness, he'd bite the bullet and deal with it.

Ariel half listened to the lesson as Professor Blair told them about the half transformations he wanted to see from them. Ariel couldn't help groaning, her forehead planting itself in the middle of her desk. She may as well send herself up to the hospital wing right then! Ariel was in the middle of mentally groaning about their assignment again when her thoughts were interrupted by the loudest, nastiest sounding fart she had ever heard in her life. Before she could stop herself, Ariel started laughing into the desk. She didn't even need to look up to see the look on Daniel's face. She could already see it in her mind. Ariel was still laughing when she realized she wasn't alone in her section anymore.

Caleb Rowan
Daniel Park (for the mention)

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 10:14 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 102

"Uh sorry. I did ask if the chair was free, but you seemed a bit distracted." It wasn't even like he was even interested in the class or the topic, despite the fact that Transfiguration was one of his favourite subjects. It had been a hassle to even drag himself to class, to say that things hadn't exactly gone to plan with the date was an understatement. "I can move if you don't want me to sit here." It wasn't even like he wanted to be there, he just wanted to sleep or better yet find a way to do something more interesting than the repetitive stuff that they were supposed to be doing.

Cal placed his head on top of his folded arms and made to sleep. "Wake me up if anything interesting actually happens." Falling asleep during class was a new thing for him, but he had no energy to focus anymore. Keeping up the silent treatment wasn't easy, but at least he didn't have an extreme adverse reaction. Cal found himself messing around with his lipring, instead of actually doing anything involving work.

Slacking off with exams so close was a bad idea, but he simply didn't care anymore, there was no point in even trying. It was a lose, lose situation either way. Besides most people seemed to be having too much fun laughing at the boy with the gas problem. Cal just wanted to be alone, without anyone around.

If need be, he had a backup plan and pocket full of Instant Darkness Powder. Thank goodness for his brother's present, Tom was usually terrible at picking out presents but he was lucky to have this one. Maybe things would work out after the heat of everything was finally off.

Ariel Blackburn

Daniel Park and Poppy Everheart for the mentions

--------------------
user posted image

*Lyrics Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings*
PM
^
Ariel Blackburn
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 11:42 AM

Small Red

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Portland, OR

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 333

Ariel heard Caleb's voice just before looking over at the 5th year, tears in her eyes from laughing so hard. “Oh crap Caleb...I'm sorry. I soo didn't hear you over all of the noise,” she told her classmate, the reminents of laughter still evident in her voice. “Nah man. I don't care if you sit there.Park your butt wherever dude,” she told her slightly older classmate.

Ariel tried her best to not to laugh anymore when Daniel ripped off another set of doozies, but it was difficult not to at least chuckle about it. “Ohhh man! Those work waaayy better than I thought they might,” mused to herself. “I am soo gonna have to thank my cousin for those,” she chuckled, glancing over towards Caleb. Ariel tried not to chuckle again when he prepped himself to sleep through their lesson.

“About the most entertaining thing that could happen during this class Cal is me botching up another spell,” she told him, watching with amusement as he hunkered down to sleep through class. Ariel flashed Caleb an amused grin before agreeing to wake him as requested. “I'll be sure to wake you should I accidentally screwup the spell and transform one of us in some weird way,” she promised him. She figured it was the least she could do given the circumstances.

Caleb Rowan

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 06:13 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 102

"Thanks Ariel..." He mumbled, Cal didn't exactly feel like talking too much, all his thoughts were jumbled and it was hard to even make sense of any of it. He'd gone for a run before breakfast, just so he could get his mind off things. "cén fáth go bhfaigheann gach duine greann greannmhar seomra folctha?" Cal said it mostly to himself, he didn't expect anyone to understand what the heck he was saying, especially since it was meant as a rhetorical question and he didn't expect to be taken too seriously.

"If you're going to accidentally transfigure me, then may I request a pair of nice cat's ears or an awesome dog's tail? I don't fancy being turned into something that could make me look like a muppet and nothing with anything sharp, like claws or something, wouldn't want to get hurt." It was a lame joke, but possibly a cry for help at the same time, he hadn't even meant to say anything like that, so he tried to shrug it off.

"Uh, I so don't want to be here...What do you think my chances are of faking sick, so I can get out of here?" Even though he had the powder in his pocket, even considering using it and he might as well just hand himself over to the professor.

Ariel Blackburn

cén fáth go bhfaigheann gach duine greann greannmhar seomra folctha- why does everyone find bathroom humor funny?

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Ariel Blackburn
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 05:31 PM

Small Red

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Portland, OR

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 333

“If you're going to accidentally transfigure me, then may I request a pair of nice cat's ears or an awesome dog's tail? I don't fancy being turned into something that could make me look like a muppet and nothing with anything sharp, like claws or something, wouldn't want to get hurt." Ariel couldn't help laughing at Cal’s lame attempt at a joke. It was something she herself would have said to get out of having to do anything as far as the class went. It managed to work for her before. Although, she could now say that she kind of understood how Tanya felt with the whole “being green” thing. Ariel might not have been born that way like Tanya was, but walking around completely green with a small melon for a hand for a morning does kind of give one perspective.

"Uh, I so don't want to be here...What do you think my chances are of faking sick, so I can get of here?" Ariel eyed the slightly older boy as he asked his question. She couldn't help wondering what was soo bad about Transfig class that he'd want to skip out on it. She knew why she'd want to. She sucked at Transfiguration. Despite her best efforts to be tutored, Ariel just didn't seem to have the proper focus for it. Something about the subject was just a pain for her to grasp completely. Something always went wrong. “With Professor Blair? I'd say your chances of that working are slim to none,” Ariel told the older teen, shrugging a little.

“Now….if I were to actually give you cat ears or a dog tail, then your chances of getting out of here might increase a bit. MIGHT. There's no guarantee that it will work though,” she told Caleb. “I know why I hate this class, but why do you wanna bail so bad Caleb?” Ariel couldn't help asking him. “You botch up most of the spells too? Or do you just hate the subject?” She figured there had to be a reason why Caleb would want to bail out on class. Damned if she knew why though.

Caleb Rowan

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 04:52 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 102

"No, normally I'm good at Transfiguration and Charms. I'm really kind of trying to avoid some people and don't want to be here." Cal was kind of surprised by the question, it was a little more complicated than what he could actually explain, he didn't pay any attention to what the gossips were talking about, so he didn't know what rumors were being spread, nor did he really care. Cal thought that somethings were best kept to himself, especially with this situation, as he didn't quite know how to articulate exactly how he felt.

"It doesn't really matter." Pulling off the image of aloofness wasn't easy and Cal felt like he'd taken a step back in time, to when that was his guard in earlier years. Opening up was already hard for him and now it felt even harder. He already felt awkward about making the stupid joke, maybe making light of his own emotions wasn't the best idea. "Sorry about the lame jokes." He sighed and placed his head on the table again.

He knew that his escape attempts were pointless and had been a stupid idea, maybe being in class was better for him, despite trying to avoid eye contact as much as he could. "Maybe I should move. Sorry to bring you down." He got up and slung his bag over his shoulder. He just wasn't feeling very cheery at that moment in time and it didn't exactly make sense to bring anyone else down. "Sorry, I have a lot going on."

Ariel Blackburn

Poppy Everheart and Hunter Beaumont for the mention

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Ariel Blackburn
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 12:04 PM

Small Red

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Portland, OR

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 333

"No, normally I'm good at Transfiguration and Charms. I'm really kind of trying to avoid some people and don't want to be here." Cal told her in reply to question about why he was looking to bail from class. “Ahh..,” Ariel nodded in response. She understood what it was he was talking about. “I understand that feeling,” she told him simply. She really didn't feel like she needed to say anything else on the matter.

"It doesn't really matter. Sorry about the lame jokes." Caleb sighed and placed his head on the table again in front of her. Ariel turned her attention away from Daniel and his flatulence issue to focus a bit on Caleb. He looked about as happy as she had felt not too long ago. By that she meant not happy at all. Not too long ago she wasn't all that thrilled with life and the people in it either. Ariel shrugged at his apology.
“No need to apologize. I actually kind of liked them,” she told him, grinning. “Its actually a good thing (so I'm told) when you can still make jokes while you're bummed out,” she informed him, paying more attention to Caleb than she was the assignment.

"Maybe I should move. Sorry to bring you down. Sorry, I have a lot going on." Caleb told her, standing up to sling his bag over his shoulder. Ariel gave him a curious look as he stood up and apologized. “Believe it or not Cal, you're not dragging me down,” she told him seriously. “You don't need to move. I mean….you can if you want to or whatever, but you don't need to.” Ariel gestured for him to sit back down should he choose to, but she wasn't gonna force him to.
“If want to know something kinda funny….and probably a little mean….the guy over there with the gas problem,” she pointed her finger over towards Daniel before continuing. “I'm the reason he's having a problem right now,” she told Caleb, biting her bottom lip and grinning a little. She knew it was mean to laugh at Daniel's predicament, but she really couldn't help it since he kind of deserved it. She'd apologize later….maybe. “Sorry things suck for you right now Cal,” she told him sincerely.
Ariel knew exactly how that felt. She had a lot going on herself. She could totally empathise. “Since you're good at this sort of thing….do you think you could help me with it before you bail?” She asked him, willing to take whatever help he was willing to give.

Caleb Rowan
Daniel Park (for the mention)

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 07:21 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 102

Cal noticed Ariel's reaction, which let him know that the gossip circles were having a field day with it, and some were likely longing for more information than they needed, he hated the fact that most of them were willing to try and make friends with him, just so they could invade his privacy. It had to be annoying them, given the fact that he wasn't giving them what they wanted or because he didn't care about their opinion on what they wanted to say. "I don't really want to talk about it." He said in reply to her comment about understanding. Most of the time he wasn't very open about what was bothering him and he didn't expect to get any better now.

Cal shrugged, he tended to make those sorts of stupid jokes whenever he was uncomfortable or didn't really want to get into an overly drawn out conversation, it seemed to really come in handy with his idiot of an uncle. "I don't think it was good. I wasn't exactly trying to be funny when I said that." He seemed to encounter that problem a lot and he couldn't help but snap, when it was suggested that it was good to joke when you were annoyed.

He really did feel like moving even more, now that he had accidently snapped at her, but considering how he'd been late for class, there didn't seem to be any chairs left, so he had no other choice but to stay.

"He's the one that got in trouble with my sister in potions. Something to do with poisoning or that. Professor Nutjob had to give him an antidote or something." Cal thought that it was funny that he got some sort of comeuppance. He just nodded at the show condolence or whatever it was you called it in this sort of situation. "Thanks."

Ariel Blackburn

Mae O'Reilly for the mention

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Ariel Blackburn
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 03:15 PM

Small Red

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Portland, OR

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 333

"I don't really want to talk about it." Cal told her when she commented that she understood his mindset. Ariel nodded in understanding. “I can respect that. I won't ask about it,” she told him, moving away from the topic to show him she was serious. Caleb kind of struck Ariel as being someone strangely like herself most days. She didn't like talking about things going on with her either.

"I don't think it was good. I wasn't exactly trying to be funny when I said that." Caleb partially snapped at her, making Ariel blink at him in surprise. He must either really be stressing out about something or her comment seriously rubbed him the wrong way. If that was the case, Ariel wasn't all that surprised. Sometimes things she said had that kind of effect on people.

Changing the subject a bit so that neither of them felt all that awkward about his snapping at her, Ariel confided in Caleb that she was the reason for Daniel's current misery. "He's the one that got in trouble with my sister in potions. Something to do with poisoning or that. Professor Nutjob had to give him an antidote or something."
Ariel nodded. She was familiar with what happened with Danny-Boy during Potions class. Not that she had been spying on him or anything, she hadn't been. It had just been hard to miss the incident in question.Ariel chuckled at Cal's choice of name for Professor O’Reilly. “Professor Nutjob...I like that one. I enjoy Professor Crackpot, but Professor Nutjob is even better,” she told him.
"Thanks." Ariel nodded. There wasn't much else she could say or do really in that situation. “You're welcome. So….should I try to give you those doggy ears now? Or have we given up on that plan of escape?” She asked him, smirking a little.

Caleb Rowan

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 12:34 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 102

"I guess trying to escape at this point is pretty petty and pointless." He sighed, the gig was up and he just had to suck it up and just deal with everything that was going on in his life and head space. "Abort operations, Thunderbirds are a no go." Cal decided that it was better to stay in class than trying to do something that would get the pair of them in trouble. "I don't think there's any need for the ears now." He pulled out his books, and officially prepared himself to work.

Cal kind of felt on edge about a lot of things. "I think that I need to open up more to people, but it kind of stresses me out too much." It was his version of a half-assed apology, but it was the best that he could do in that moment. "I think everything might go back into place whenever, this all gets sorted out." Cal hoped that that part of things could happen before the exams came about.

"So, what exactly do you need help with?" His focus was almost scary even to himself, but it had to be better than living in some sort of increasing and darkening hole in the ground.

Ariel Blackburn

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Ariel Blackburn
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 04:18 PM

Small Red

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Portland, OR

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 333

"I guess trying to escape at this point is pretty petty and pointless. Abort operations, Thunderbirds are a no go." Cal said to her, making Ariel chuckle a bit. She didn't really know what the whole Thunderbirds comment had to do with anything, but it sounded good. "I don't think there's any need for the ears now." Caleb told her, making Ariel shrug. “If you say so dude. You might have looked cool with dog ears,” she told him, joking a bit.

"I think that I need to open up more to people, but it kind of stresses me out too much." Ariel nodded her understanding. She took the suedo-apology from him for what it was. "I think everything might go back into place whenever, this all gets sorted out." Ariel nodded again. She still wasn't going to stress him out by asking about his issues. She didn't want to intrude on his personal affairs since she didn't like it too much when people intruded on hers. “Well, I hope whatever the problem is does sort itself out,” she told him. “I'm a pretty good listener if you just want to vent sometime though,” she told him, leaving the subject with the offer. If he wanted to vent, he knew where to go. If not, she wouldn't be offended.

"So, what exactly do you need help with?" Caleb asked her, making her grimace just a little bit. “Would it be truly pathetic to say everything?” She asked him, chuckling a little. “Transfiguration seems to be the bane of my existence. I always have something go horribly wrong with those spells and I'm not sure why,” she told him honestly.

Caleb Rowan

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 02:37 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 102

"I probably wouldn't have. Plus it would have probably take a lot to get the transfiguration reversed properly." He said in reply to the joke. Cal leaned back in his chair and wrapped his arm around the back too, he unconsciously tapped his quill on the copybook in front of him. He didn't exactly like the idea of possibly having to wait in the Hospital wing if anything like that did happen, he'd already experienced that once in his first year and he never wanted to go back.

"Um, I'm usually ok with dealing with things on my own." He murmured under his breath, a little nervously. Cal usually wrote everything down and then burned up the weird entries, he kind of felt weird about explaining the habit, but it meant that he didn't usually have to talk about things. "Thanks for the offer though. It's just the usual trouble with people." Maybe the convert signal would explain that currently he had no idea where the heck his love life was headed and that it wasn't the business or place for interruption in his wallowing.

"Hmm, maybe try decreasing the amount of tension in your wrist, sometimes that can be a problem." He'd read that somewhere, but a lot of things depended on the amount of tension you had for certain activities. "Transfiguration is one of the hardest aspects of magic to master, so a lot of people have trouble with it." And that was without going into details about wands and the factors they could play in things.

Ariel Blackburn

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Ariel Blackburn
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 05:10 PM

Small Red

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Portland, OR

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 333

"I probably wouldn't have. Plus it would have probably take a lot to get the transfiguration reversed properly." Cal said in regards to her joke about the dog ears. Wow...either he's really just not a jokey person or she wasn't really all that funny, Ariel thought to herself as she shrugged at Caleb's comment. “Yeah...that's probably true,” she agreed with him. Since she wasn't all that good at transfiguration, she probably shouldn't try doing something like that to him or anyone else for that matter.

"Um, I'm usually ok with dealing with things on my own. Thanks for the offer though. It's just the usual trouble with people." Caleb had mumbled in response to her offer. Ariel nodded in kind. Really….what else could she do at that point? Cal didn't quite strike her as the very talkative type. She coukd relate in some small way. She had to trust the person near for her to be in a sharing kind of mood. Maybe Caleb was the same way. And if so, he didn't really know her from a hole in the wall so it made sense that he didn't say much to her.

"Hmm, maybe try decreasing the amount of tension in your wrist, sometimes that can be a problem. Transfiguration is one of the hardest aspects of magic to master, so a lot of people have trouble with it." Caleb told her when she told him she kind of needed help in like every aspect of transfiguration. Ariel studied her classmate for a second before she considered his suggestion. Was that what she was doing wrong this whole time? Was she putting too much tension in her wrist when she cast the spells and that was why they blew up in her face (so to speak)? Or did she just suck at Transfiguration?
“Huh….don't think I ever considered that as a possibility,” she told him honestly. “Guess I should try it out and see right?” She asked him, but didn't really ask him. It was more of a rhetorical thing at that point. She'd never really know if he was right or not unless she tested his theory. Only way she knew of to test it would be to do the spell they were assigned. Ariel stuck the object she got onto the desktop and aimed her wand at it. Taking Cal's advice, Ariel loosened up her wrist before casting the spell to do the partial transfiguration on her object.
Expecting her spell to fizzle out again, Ariel was surprised to watch her book half change into a simple box. Her eyes about bugged out of her head. “Holy crap dude….it worked! I did it and nothing blew up!” She squealed excitedly. “That was awesome!” She knew being able to change it back to normal was gonna be next to impossible, but at least she had managed the first part of the spell without it going horribly wrong.

Caleb Rowan

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 07:50 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 102

Joking and messing about was so far from Cal's mind, that he barely even took much notice of anything being a joke. But the one time he actually did try joking, he had the feeling that it had been taken the wrong way. He worried at his nails nervously, they were a mess: chipped and splattered with paint, he'd really thrown himself into painting and taking more pictures. "I was kind of joking, about that by the way. But being serious those sorts of transfigurations can cause permanent problems." Oh, the joys of reading up on certain articles for the exams.

"It's possible, sometimes it just depends on the person." He said in response to Ariel's answer. No one could be good at everything, so likely it was just a tossup between the options. Cal just kind of shrugged at the suggestion of her trying out his advice, it was the only thing he could think of.

Cal was somewhat surprised by the results, he'd just thought that the books had that down as a myth or something, he didn't know that it was true. "If this was some sort of sporting event or something, then I'd say that you owe everyone a celebratory drink." Of course he was completely kidding, but it kind of showed a weird sort of support for Ariel, who had just done something that seemed to be exciting.

Ariel Blackburn

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Ariel Blackburn
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 01:25 AM

Small Red

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Portland, OR

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 333

"I was kind of joking, about that by the way. But being serious those sorts of transfigurations can cause permanent problems." Caleb told her regarding their past discussion on him getting animal parts from her to get out of class. She had figured he was only joking about most of it and she hadn’t taken any offense to what he said. Ariel nodded to show she understood the serious comment for what it was. “That’s true,” she agreed with him. “I figured that you were probably only joking before Caleb,” she told him. “No worries.” She wanted him to understand that she really took no offense. It was actually kind of hard for people to insult the little redhead since she really didn’t care what most people thought of her anyway. It was easy to ignore people’s opinion of you when you didn’t care about them to begin with.

"It's possible, sometimes it just depends on the person." Caleb said in reply to her statement/question regarding his recommendation of how she could try casting her spells. Ariel gave Caleb a thoughtful look before nodding. He made a good point. It usually did depend on the person since everyone was different. “That’s true, “ she agreed with him simply. I mean really? What else was she supposed to say to that. He made a very valid point. Ariel had figured that the only way they were going to find out if he was right or not was for her to put his thought to the test. Ariel did as he had suggested and relaxed her wrist before casting the spell. She was ecstatic that she had managed to do her first Transfig spell in class without it blowing up in her face. She had actually let out an excited squeal. "If this was some sort of sporting event or something, then I'd say that you owe everyone a celebratory drink." Caleb joked again, showing her some type of encouragement.

Ariel couldn’t help laughing at Caleb’s joke. “Yep! Butterbeers all around!” she joked back, still smiling from her accomplishment. It felt beyond good to actually accomplish a class assignment without visiting the hospital wing because of it. “Thanks for your help Cal,” she told the older boy. “I appreciated it. You’re pretty cool,” she told him, offering him a small smile. Even if she and Cal never became anything other class partners, Ariel would always be grateful to the Horned Serpent for his help.

Caleb Rowan

thread closed

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/