Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Duo of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

The Nature of The Púca, Continued thread
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 07:21 PM

Cal

Age / 14

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Single /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 35

Continued from this post http://atopmtgreylock.jcink.net/index.php?...=0&#entry8471 

"It's probably best, he can be a little picky, but I don't know what kind of bad luck they can assign to people who don't give them an offering." He said tilting his head to the side, he wasn’t too sure if anyone could fully understand what the hell the Púca was saying, sometimes Cal even struggled to understand him, even though he could speak Irish. "Oh uh, yeah, he asked you if you were good." He omitted the 'little girl' comment, fearing that he may accidently offend her. Cal hadn't planned on actually going to the party, he was supposed to be meeting his sister and Hazel outside, but he couldn't turn down free food and the opportunity to mess with people. Púca's were natural pranksters, so Cal thought that it could be slightly entertaining. "Are you going to the party?" He wasn't fishing for a date, he was just curious and he didn't want to be alone if he did go. 

The Púca seemed to smile again at the idea of causing some mischief, that didn't surprise Cal at all, he'd gotten to truly understand his little friend over the past couple of months. "I don't know about this Púca, but in some cases the Púca can take on a human form, I suppose they're kind of like boggarts just without the fear facture and the fact that Púca are more playful." No one had ever actually shown interest in one of the creatures that he had found, even though he really wanted someone to talk to about them.  

Tanya Rhonimus 
PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 06:18 PM

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Minsk, Belarus

Single /

Author Alias / The Foxy One

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 54

Tanya felt she had enough bad luck already. "Was that. . . Irish it was speaking?" She asked after Caleb's translation. "And I don't know what business it is of yours if I've been good or not." She said to the Púca. "Does it matter if I've been good if you would still jinx me without an offering?" It was an honest question, she wasn't trying to challenge the Púca's logic on the matter. "Are you going to the party?" Tanya glanced over at him, and wondered what his angle was.

"I wasn't considering it," She answered. Parties weren't really her thing, too many people, too loud. "But I'm curious about what kind of mischief your Púca can get up too. . . and I think I know the perfect targets as well." Tanya's mind instantly flashed to the girl that had dressed as her. It was clearly done to mock Tanya, and the real green girl felt the fake one deserved some bad luck. She nodded along as Caleb explained more about Púca, she was fascinated. And especially pleased that the fairy didn't seem bothered by her. "If you don't want to go to the party I can go and bring back the pumpkin juice myself."

Caleb Rowan
PM
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 07:35 PM

Cal

Age / 14

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Single /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 35

"Yeah, it was Irish. For some reason he likes to mix some phrases in with English." He wasn't exactly sure if it was a good thing, that he was admitting too, normally when people found out that he could speak Irish, often he would be forced into teaching them how to say rude things in the language. "I wasn't fishing for a date, I just don't like crowds and don't really like being on my own in that type of situation." Cal said as he noticed the look on her face. He looked down at the hare and considered it for a minute. "I've noticed that, they can pick up on certain vibes that people are giving off. I think." He was still learning new things about them and had much more to learn. 

"We need to get going, before I have to be nice." Cal covered the hare's mouth, not everyone knew about the loophole of the Púca and he planned to keep it that way, otherwise people who annoy him wouldn't end up with terrible luck. "It's said that some Púca have been known to cause death, but that isn't strictly true, because some sources have debunked it, mainly Lady Wilde. Uh, I don't think that it would do that though." He had done a lot of research before he had caught the creature, so he was less likely to believe actual reliable folklorists.  

Tanya Rhonimus 
PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 11:31 AM

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single /

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 54

It was a bit annoying not knowing exactly what the Púca was saying to her, but as long as Caleb translates those few phrases it should be fine. "I never said you were." Tanya didn't want a date either but never got the impression that's what he was after. "I don't like it either, that's why I offered to grab some juice to bring back." Tanya tried out a half smile for the fairy, but didn't keep it long. Smiling really wasn't her thing.

"What was that?" Tanya was suspicious again. "It has to be nice?" Shutting the hare up wouldn't make her un-hear what was already said. Caleb tried to distract her with more Púca information but she knew what she heard. "Why does it have to be nice? Never mind," She added quickly. Clearly the goal was trouble making and if the hare couldn't cause it then what was the point? "I'm going to grab that juice, meet me outside of the party." Tanya's tone left no room for argument. She was never one to faff about, and all this 'I don't want a date, parties aren't my thing' after she already offered to go by herself was just a waste of time.

Before Caleb could object she was off and down the hall at a quick pace. Tanya took the alternative route around the maze and to the party. Every now and then she could hear the laugh-screams of the maze goers. The entire maze seemed pointless to her since it wasn't supposed to be scary. Wasn't that the whole point of Halloween? To be scared or something? It certainly wasn't about honoring the dead or spirits, not anymore.

The night was still young so the party wasn't too crowded and Tanya slipped over to the refreshments table. She filled three glasses to the brim with the orange pumpkin juice, and wrapped a couple cookies in a napkin as well. In case the Púca wanted something to eat as well. Then, with her wand she floated everything out of the party and into a hall. Now to find Caleb and see if he listened or not.

Caleb Rowan
PM
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 04:07 PM

Cal

Age / 14

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Single /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 35

"Well November the first is the one day of the year that a Púca has to be nice and can't play tricks on anyone, it's known as Púca's day." He said before she walked off. Cal probably couldn't even have disagreed, even if he had tried. He felt uncomfortable being ordered about by someone he wasn't entirely used to. He didn't exactly know what he was supposed to do, he didn't want anyone else to find out about the Púca's little secret. 

Cal loved Halloween and kind of wished that he could do normal things like go to parties, but dealing with crowds was not something that he was ever likely to get past. He tried to make his way to the front door without being caught up in the crowd of students heading towards the event. The Púca struggled in his arms, it was clearly itching to do something terrible. "Will you settle down already?"

"What's that for? Are we having a Mad Hatter's tea party?" Cal asked as he caught a glimpse of all the decorations, following behind Tanya. "If so, I don't enjoy tea." Although he did feel a small bit hungry. He was almost having to wrestle the Púca to keep control of it.  

Tanya Rhonimus 
PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 06:19 PM

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single /

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 54

"What's that for? Are we having a Mad Hatter's tea party?" There he was. Tanya shook her head and motioned for him to follow her a little further down the hallway to the doorway of an empty classroom. The doorway was deep, and would provide cover from prying eyes. "A what? No, I got drinks for all of us." Tanya levitated a cup to Caleb, and held out another for the Púca to drink from, the cup titled enough to make drinking easy. She told the fairy, "I grabbed cookies too."

So a Púca had to be good for one day of the year. Interesting, but there was plenty of time until then. "Here's your offering, so now what?" Would the fairy shapeshift and cause trouble? After the Púca took it's fill of juice Tanya sipped from her own cup. She never had pumpkin juice before, and decided that she liked the creamy, smoothie-like texture. The party might be worth putting up with if it meant trying more new foods. Later, perhaps, after she's seen the Púca in action.

Tanya remembered the girl, her housemate, that dressed up as her. She wasn't sure what was more infuriating, that her other housemates and students thought it was funny, or the blatant mocking of her curse.

Caleb Rowan
PM
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Oct 14 2017, 11:29 AM

Cal

Age / 14

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Single /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 35

"You know people are going to start talking?" He said with a laugh, he was trying to crack jokes to break the ice. Cal had never had pumpkin juice before, and he really wasn't sure if he liked it. The Púca sniffed the air as if it were a real animal, Cal didn't know if sugar was good for fairies or not. He had never fully realised how strong a Púca could be when it really wanted something.  "Go raibh míle maith agat." Cal had never heard the Púca thank anyone before, it had been making fun of him for months, maybe it was the feminine touch or maybe he shouldn't have let the Púca get away with so much.

"I can turn into near enough anything you want me to, except a horse. Bonehead here is allergic to them." That was mildly true, he didn't react to horses if they had been given a nice bath. He had always imagined that it would be fun to give a horse a bath. "I hope none of this is laced with love potion or Doxy eggs." Cal winked, as he pulled a black pouch from his pocket, he had been collecting the eggs for a while.

Originally, he was going to drop some of the eggs into the goblets of the two boys who had tripped him during class that morning, but he realised that they may come in handy in this situation. 

Tanya Rhonimus 
PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 01:05 PM

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single /

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 54

"Start talking? People are always talking. Let them say whatever banal things they want." Gossip, rumors, she saw this and told that, he said her secret. People never stop talking, just like they never think about what they say. Long story short, his joke fell short by about ten miles. Once the fairy had its fill Tanya lifted the cup back up and left it to float in the air. The rabbit said something and Tanya assumed it was good as the Púca looked satisfied. Still, she looked to Caleb, expecting another translation.

"Then you won't turn into one." There. Done. She was anxious and that made her impatient. Tanya herself wasn't sure why she was so eager to see the Púca scare some kids. Was it petty revenge? After her first detention Tanya had exercised considerable control while among her peers. No throwing things, shouting, nothing that could get her into trouble again. This could be her way to finally let something out. "Why would they be and why are you winking? Is that what you have in that pouch?"

Where's the plan? What is Caleb thinking? Tanya didn't like having all these unanswered questions, not having control over the situation. "So are we going to do this or what?"
PM
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 07:53 PM

Cal

Age / 14

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Single /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 35

"It may be possible to slip Doxy eggs into people's drinks, if we're quick enough." Cal smirked. "The Púca is already thankful for the drink, imagine how thankful it would be if it got to cause some trouble with these." Clearly his joke about spiking people hadn't gone down too well, it had seemed funny to him, but some people just didn't get his sense of humor. 
"Can both of you please stop flirting, it's rather tiresome to watch." Flirting, what? Cal wasn't doing that. Maybe the Púca had eaten something funny. "Are you feeling alright?" He asked feeling the hare's forehead to see if it had a temperature. He wasn't sure if he could tell without having to try and take it the old-fashioned way. Cal felt awkward about the whole suggestion. 

"I'm so sorry about that. That was never my intention, no matter what this fuzzy little fur brain says." It was completely true, he had not meant anything like that, he had been trying to break the ice. Cal really wished that he had some spello-tape or a muzzle. Flirting was one of the things that Cal was terrible at, with his best pick-up line being 'Roses are red and violets are blue there’s nothing in the world more prettier than you.'  

Tanya Rhonimus 
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/