Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
An Earthquake briefly hit Greylock in February
Repairs and recoveries are ongoing.

The final game is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late April--Early May| Highs 65°F/ Lows 45°F
Snow is melting and the weather has returned to seasonal expectations.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

Dinner for One, Closed.
Devon Cherrington
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 11:32 AM

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 12

|

Walking into the Battered Seas, Devon surveyed the restaurant. She had been up since six in the morning. It was already near eight at night and she had yet to eat. She had been running around all day. Her wedding was less than five months away and she had so much to do. Her morning had started with Saskia screaming that she didn’t want to go to her grandparents’ home. Devon didn’t blame her. She had been relying on her parents more and more to watch her daughter with everything she had to do. Right now, she should have been picking Saskia up, but she just felt worn, like she needed a moment for herself. Knowing her parents wouldn’t mind, Devon took a moment for herself. She would eat and satisfy her stomach that was twisting itself in hunger knots, regroup, and then she would get her daughter. She felt momentarily guilty, but she never had time to take a breath. She was always working, spending time with her fiancé, John, or Saskia, or planning the wedding.

Sighing, Devon took a seat in one of the booths, tucking her gray dress underneath. She placed her purse and the large tote filled with her wedding planner and other assortments next to her. She still had to pick out a venue and she couldn’t really go any further until she did that. John wanted to have the wedding in Hawaii, but Devon didn’t want to force her parents to travel that far and she wanted them to be there. They had been estranged from her life for so many years and it was only four years ago that things had started to change. Maybe it was that she finally started to understand where they were coming from. After attending Ilvermorny, she had gone to university in California. She had wanted to get as far from them as possible. She had been a wild child from the start and had wanted to live her life by her own rules. For a while she had. Plus, she wouldn’t have Saskia if things had been different.

After placing her order of salmon and vegetables, Devon stared outside the window at the night, reflecting on the turn her life had taken. It used to be that she would be at work at this time, flirting for tips and going to school during the day. She thought that she would have had her degree by this time and working her dream job. She thought that she would have been married and having kids and not the other way around. Life sure was funny like that. She looked down at the rock on her finger. It was two carats, much larger than she would have liked, but John had insisted that she needed to show her status now. It certainly sparkled.

While waiting, Devon pulled out her wedding planner. It was like a weight pulling on her. What could she get done? Maybe the cake? What did she even want in a cake? She wouldn’t be able to order it since she didn’t know the venue, but maybe she could get at least an idea. Her chin rested on her fist. John had suggested chocolate, but she hated the idea of chocolate for a wedding cake. She wanted something more elegant like vanilla with whipped white frosting. Maybe pearls lined along the edges? Jotting down her ideas, she paused only when she was interrupted. Not looking up yet, she assumed it was her order. “Thank you. Please set it over there.”

Alec Greyson
PM
^
Alec Greyson
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 03:40 PM

Grey

Age / 35 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Los Angeles, CA

Single /

Post Count/ 31

Kara |

The year seemed to be flying by, but Alec felt as though he was always stuck in the past. Maybe he should’ve just given up on finding Devon and talking to her, but something in him kept pushing him forward. Would it really be a good thing for him to know his child? What if the child was better off without him? She had made it to the age of eight after all. It wasn’t a good way to think about the situation, but he didn’t want to do something wrong or make a stupid decision. He wasn’t used to having the ability to affect anyone else’s life but his own. His life was complicated, and he had done his best to keep it away from the little girl that frequently stayed at the Cherrington household.

Then, there was Lydia, the woman he couldn’t offer much to. She was kind, caring, and a good listener, but he felt as though he was taking advantage of that by being with her without being about to give commit completely to their relationship. Still, they had decided to continue dating casually, seeing where it would lead them. They always had fun together, but he still felt like he was holding back because of someone else. Bella would probably tell him that he was being an idiot. While she always listened to him talk about his life while he visited the Manky Boot, Alec knew what he must have sounded like. What kind of guy goes around from town to town searching for a woman that left him years ago? It would be considered pathetic by most, and perhaps even stalkerish. However, he knew no one knew Devon like he did. Her disappearance wasn’t coincidence. Happy people generally don’t take off into the night without any notice. Someone, or something, had to scare her off.

Alec was taking a walk in the night as he did often, when he passed by The Battered Seas. It was a nice enough restaurant, but seafood didn’t really catch his fancy. If he had to eat that is. The only time he put on a show to keep up his appearance as a normal human being was when he went out on a date with Lydia. With a glance in the window he passed by, Alec stopped to do a double take. Devon was sitting in a booth, looking at some sort of book. Finally, his chance had come. He was going to talk to her and find out some answers.

He entered the restaurant, and noticed a waiter headed towards her table. He patted the guy on the back. “Hey man, can I take that over to her? I’m here to surprise her.” The waiter hesitated, then shrugged as he handed the plate over and stated that it just made his job easier. As he approached the table and Devon gave instructions on where to set the plate down, Alec did as she asked before sliding in to the booth so that he was sitting across from her. “Hello, Devon.” His eyes trailed over to her plate of food. “Salmon? That’s a new one. I would’ve thought that you’d be enjoying at burger at some greasy diner.” He clasped his hands together in front of him, and gave her a piercing stare.

Devon Cherrington

Mentions:
Lydia Chambers (Let me know if anything needs change. Made some assumptions.)

--------------------
Alecsig

PM
^
Devon Cherrington
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 04:07 PM

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 12

|

The voice was enough to send chills down her spine. Devon would have known that voice anywhere. She took a heavy breath. She was trapped. Slowly, her gaze rose meet his before she sat back. She was torn between amusement and panic. This could not be happening. She had left him eight, almost nine years ago. She remembered the exact day. Everything came rushing back to her. The way he had looked, the way he had smelled. It was enough to cause her heart to race and enough to cause her to want to run. She tilted her shoulder. “John says that I need to eat healthier.” What she would have done for a burger. Thick and meaty with extra mustard. No, that was life then. This was her life now. Now, she had a problem. “How did you find me?” It was a legitimate question. If Alec could find her that meant that Saskia could be found too. Her eyes moved to the side, thinking of how to leave. She had to get to her daughter.

Devon fiddled nervously with the binder in front of her. It seemed like such a sham. It was her wedding to a guy that was perfect on paper. He didn’t send a fire into her belly like Alec always had, that piercing gaze was one he had used on her when she knew that she was his. Now, it was just…No, John was safe. He was the better option. “What do you want?” She wasn’t ready to answer his questions . She wasn’t about to answer his questions. That’s how she was going to keep her daughter safe. “I left for a reason.” She placed the plate in front of her, acting like ice. She took a bite of the salmon and ate it slowly. “Delicious.” She really hated salmon. She had never been a big seafood eater. Almost painfully, she swallowed. “See? I love seafood.” She had always been stubborn. Maybe more than she should have been.

Chewing on the inside of her lip, Devon considered her options. If she left, Alec would just follow her. If she stayed, he would ask questions. Did he know about Saskia? Had he seen her? There were times that she would look at her daughter and all she would see was Alec. Risking possible exposure, she said, “She’s not yours.” She was playing with fire. Her voice faltered, reaching a higher pitch. The lie was obvious. Her only hope was that he didn’t want children and would let it go. “I should go get her so that we can go home.” She failed to move. “I’m sorry, Alec.” She was sorry for all of the things that she couldn’t say, for all of the things that she wanted to. Sneaking away in the middle of the day had never been her plan, but she wasn’t going to get a hold of Saskia.

Alec Greyson
PM
^
Alec Greyson
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 11:05 PM

Grey

Age / 35 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Unknown

Single /

Post Count/ 31

Kara |

At the mention of a male’s name, Alec raised his eyebrows. Was she married? He glanced at her left hand. No, engaged. “Does this John have a last name? And please, don’t say Smith.” He shouldn’t have been surprised. Nine years was a long time, and it was inevitable that she would move on. He was moving on too, well, as much as he could anyways. There were some things that prevented him from completely moving on, such as his lack of closure. Maybe, she would be able to finally give it to him so he could understand what happened between them and move on. “I figured out that your parents lived here, so I moved to Ilvermorny a little over a year ago. I made some connections here, and I decided to stay for awhile. I was hoping that you fixed things with your parents and would stop by to visit.” He glanced up from the table. “And you did.”

He kept the fact that he saw the girl that could be his daughter to himself. Alec knew not to reveal all of his cards the first hand. Putting on his best poker face, he watched her nervously sit across from him. “In short, I want answers.” Taking a piece of yellow squash from her plate, Alec examined it before popping it into his mouth. “Yellow squash is always underrated.” Returning to the conversation, his blue eyes focused on her. “Well, I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of knowing what that reason was, Devon. I stopped by your place one evening and you were gone. The place looked ransacked. At first, I thought someone may have kidnapped you.” He laughed a bit. “But no, silly me. Apparently, you just wanted to get as far away from me as possible.” His tone was even and cold, for he didn’t want to reveal any emotion yet. However, his lack of emotion implied an underlying anger that he wasn’t about to let out. He watched as she forced herself to eat seafood and sighed, knowing that she didn’t actually want to be eating it.

Then, she hit him with a lie that he couldn’t ignore. Her pitch was too high. It never failed to reveal when she wasn’t being truthful. “If she isn’t mine, then why does she look like me?” Alec gave away a bit of information, revealing that he had seen the girl that he believed was his daughter. “She’s the right age. It makes sense.” He stared at her across the table as she tried to excuse herself to go get their daughter and gave him a hollow apology. Alec wasn’t going to force her to stay. He wasn’t that type of guy. If she wanted to go away, she could. He knew that. Still, there was something he had to know, so he gave her an option. One in which he would leave her alone forever if that was what she wanted. “I’ll make you a deal. You never have to see me again if you can look me in the eye and tell me that you didn’t love me when you left me.”

Devon Cherrington

--------------------
Alecsig

PM
^
Devon Cherrington
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 02:22 AM

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 12

|

If it had been nine years ago, the comment would have invoked a smile from her lips. They probably would have heard such a commonplace name and pretended to be ‘The Smiths’ or whatever with their very common life, because nothing about them had ever been ordinary. It still wasn’t when she was so desperately trying to be. As it stood, Devon answered lamely, “John Barrington. He’s an investment banker in New York City.” It was possible that Alec had heard of the man and it was possible that he hadn’t. She didn’t know what circles Alec was running in nowadays, but the name carried weight for those that knew it. John Barrington was muggleborn and didn’t hold much weight to the elites of the wizarding world, but in the muggle world he was something of a big deal. He had made his fortune practically overnight and was considered a numbers shark.

Devon had met him only two years ago when she had been hired to be his real estate agent. She had quickly sold the property and it had been a whirlwind romance. She glanced down at the ring. She still didn’t like it, but it’s what John had picked and she hadn’t wanted to hurt his feelings. Her mother, however, loved the ring. It didn’t really come as a surprise as they had never really agreed on much. “I wanted to make my amends. They’re the only family I have.” Apart from her daughter. Alec had been family at one time. She had wanted to be his wife more than anything. She had thought that there had even been a chance that he would propose, but that was a long time ago when she had been young and naïve. Now, she knew better. No matter how much someone might dream about something, there was always a nightmare to come along and ruin it.

Devon stared quietly at the bit of plate showing through from where the squash had sat. How was she supposed to explain why she had left in such a hurry? She touched her stomach, remembering when she had found out that she was pregnant. She was going to tell him and then…Then, she was packing her things as quickly as she could, shoving what she could into bags. She had left half of her things at the apartment. It probably had looked like someone had kidnapped her. Maybe she should have broken up with him properly, but she couldn’t bring herself to do it, so she had run. She had run like a coward, but that had been her choice. She had done what she had to do to protect Saskia.

A small sigh escaped her lips. Devon had never been able to lie to Alec and she still wasn’t able to. “Saskia. Her name’s Saskia.” It was her way of giving. She wasn’t about to outright tell him that she was his. She glanced around nervously. She needed to get out of there. She had already spent far too much time in Alec’s presence. She was almost there too, almost about to walk away form him when he asked. Her face appeared pained as she turned. “I…I…I can’t, but you shouldn’t see me again. It’s…better this way.” She paused before asking, “Aren’t you needed in Court?”

Alec Greyson
PM
^
Alec Greyson
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 10:16 PM

Grey

Age / 35 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Unknown

Single /

Post Count/ 31

Kara |

Alec let out a laugh when he heard the last name of Devon’s fiancé. “Barrington? Aw, how cute. Your last names rhyme.” For a moment, he hid the acknowledgement that had almost shown on his face at the name. John was well known in the no-maj world. He maintained accounts with some of the biggest names in the world. “How did you two meet?” Alec glanced down at the gaudy ring that Devon was wearing on her left hand. Apparently, her fiancé was trying to make a statement with his proposal, bot just to Devon, but to everyone else who would be subjected to viewing the ring. “It’s a surprise that you can even lift your finger with that thing on it.” He gave her an unimpressed look, and shook his head. “It’s not your style.” He knew Devon well, and unless she had completely changed since the last time he saw her, she would have never selected that ring.

Watching her as she sat across from him was a strange thing to do. There was a comfort between them that a million years couldn’t erase, but at the same time, they were like two strangers. When had she grown so nervous around him? Had he done something the last time he saw her? It was something that he had wracked his brain about far too many times. He could never come up with anything, and it would’ve been nice to have a good reason for her departure. She was still being avoidant, but at least he knew the name of his daughter. “Saskia.” Alec said it out loud, and let a small smile play on his face. However, it didn’t last long when Devon stood to leave.

Still, she couldn’t tell him that she didn’t love him when she left. It gave him an advantage. He knew that she didn’t stop loving him. Standing to move in front of her, Alec gazed down at Devon. “Why shouldn’t I see you again?” Then, she mentioned the Court. “What does the Vampire Court have to do with any of this?” His voice was hushed. No one except Aria and Liam knew what he was and he intended to keep it that way. It made things easier. His face held a confused expression. “Devon,” his tone was urgent and serious, “It took me years to find you...at least give me closure.” He paused for a moment and asked her the question that plagued his mind for nine years. “Why did you leave?”

Devon Cherrington

--------------------
Alecsig

PM
^
Devon Cherrington
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 01:35 PM

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 12

|

Devon winced at Alec’s ridicule. Their surnames were painfully close, which was a joke among his friends. They didn’t like her. Not that she liked them either. She found them to be rather crass, however, they were to be the ushers at the wedding, which meant that the best man speech could be laden with such underlying insults. She just had to remember why she was marrying John. She loved him and he would be a good father to Saskia. He would be able to take care of them. “I was showing him some properties,” she answered truthfully. There was no point in lying since she had left the business. John wanted her to stay at home. He said that way they would have more quality time together. She couldn’t really argue it since they wouldn’t need the money. Plus, she could be there for her daughter.

The ring wasn’t her style at all. The ring that she wanted was back in California with her past life. It had been fairly simple in design, but unique in elements. The band had been black tungsten with a considerably smaller diamond with a lattice cut surrounding the edges. She had seen it one day when they had been walking around after getting tacos from her favorite food truck. She missed those tacos. But that was neither here nor now. Instead, she left it to, “John picked it.”

The curve of Alec’s lips at their daughter’s name was like a knife to her heart. Alec should have been allowed to know his daughter and Saskia should have been allowed to know him. He would have been an excellent father. Well, he still could be just not to Saskia. As much as it tore her up inside, she couldn’t allow him to get closer. Saskia came first. She had to collect her daughter and leave before…

“Please move,” Devon said, so close to Alec now that she could smell a million memories. Her hand touched lightly on his face. It was so easy to fall back. Pulling away as though she had been burned, a pained expression on her face, she answered, “It’s safer this way. I-I’m sorry.” Pushing past him, she left, money on the table with the forgotten wedding planner.

Alec Greyson
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse