Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
We have new main profiles! Go fill in the new fields.

> Have you read the new rules yet? Find them here!
Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Autumn-- Mid November | Highs 93°F/ Lows 75°F
Rain, with a chance of more rain.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC

Family outing, Open
Sycamore Myrios
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 12:03 AM

Smores

Age / 9 | Height / 4 foot 6 inches

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Gladeville, TN

In a committed relationship with the outdoors and my horse / Buttercup

Post Count/ 21

Rillewen | She/her/hers

"Can we go see Ria and Cy while we're here?" S'mores asked eagerly.
"Maybe, after we eat." Her mother said. "Though, I don't think we can go to the school. I'm not sure if Cy is allowed to come to the town but perhaps we could contact a teacher and see if they could come and say hi for a few minutes." She smiled and ushered her youngest daughter inside the restaurant, following her as S'mores' dad held the door for the two girls. Once inside, her mother removed the water repellant charms from the three of them and they waited to be seated.

S'mores looked around the restaurant, thinking it looked really cool and oceany.
"This place is cool." She grinned and went to lean against her dad's side. "After we eat, can we go look in the sporting goods shop? Please?" She asked with a grin up at him. He smiled with a light chuckle and ruffled her hair.
"You know, I'm kinda wanting to see what sort of stuff they have too, so most likely yes. But we'll see what your mom wants to do." He added the last part in a conspiratory whisper, glancing over at S'mores' mom. S'mores snickered and whispered back,
"She probably wants to go looking around the clothing shop and stuff. Maybe we can split up and go to the sport store while she goes to the clothes stores?" She suggested hopefully.

Her dad grinned a little at her.
"That sounds like an excellent plan. Maybe we'll do that. What do you think, June?" She tilted her head, considering that.
"Hm, you know that might work out very well. Maybe we should do that, after we eat." S'mores and bounced up and down.
"Yay!" She grinned happily, glad that they liked her plan. Now they just had to get seated so they could eat.

Vittoria Errico

--------------------
PM
^
Vittoria Errico
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 09:03 PM

Vitt, Tori

Age / 17 | Height / 5'6"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Milan, Italy

Single / Nobody

Post Count/ 58

Sherryl | Sherr | She/Her/Hers

“Your order will be out shortly.”

So far, being a helper at The Battered Seas was not as bad as Vittoria was hoping. She’s been working at the nice restaurant on James Avenue for a few days now and she’s enjoying herself. Of course, she’s had help along the way, but she caught on rather quickly, especially since this is her first job ever here in Greylock. Chattering had been going on as Tori checked on those who gave her their order. She was glad that everything fell perfectly.

While walking away from one of the tables on the left side of the restaurant, she saw that one family had stood there. Vittoria never saw them before, so she assumed that they were new. That or they were either moving from where they originated from to Greylock. The teen remembered being the new girl in town once when going to Ilvermorny for her education in magical studies. Either way, she never saw them around before.

As Tori got a closer look, it was just a mother, a father, and a little girl. The little girl looked around maybe nine or ten while her parents look like they were in their thirties or forties. She smiled softly at them as she went up to them.

“Hi, welcome to The Battered Seas. Table for three?”

--------------------
user posted image
Credit: Debbie
PM EMAIL
^
Sycamore Myrios
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 09:21 PM

Smores

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 21

Rillewen | She/her/hers

S'mores looked around the little waiting area while she waited for the person to come tell them where to sit, wandering just slightly away from her parents. She was a bit disappointed to not see a fish tank as she had seen in a lot of restaurants. This one would have been perfect for a fish tank, considering the theme of the restaurant and all. She frowned a bit and glanced back over to her parents.
"They don't have a fish tank.." She informed them with a slight pout. "They should, that would've been really cool, you know?"
"Well those do take a good deal of maintenance." Her mother pointed out. "Maybe they'd rather focus on cooking yummy food?"
"But it's a place that serves fish." She replied.
"Maybe the fish are too scared to live here." Her dad joked, making S'mores giggle a little.

Just then the lady arrived to seat them, and Jay Myrios nodded in answer to the question.
"Yes, that's right." He motioned to S'mores to come back closer and she bounced over to rejoin them, smiling up at the lady.
"Do you have coloring pages?" She asked hopefully. After all, one was never too old for coloring papers, at least not while one was still young enough to order from the kid's menu.

@[Vittorio Errico]

--------------------
PM
^
Vittoria Errico
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 06:05 PM

Vitt, Tori

Age / 17 | Height / 5'6"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Milan, Italy

Single / Nobody

Post Count/ 58

After the man, who seemed older than her by some years, answered her question, she nodded with a smile on her face. When the girl asked if there were coloring pages, she nodded. “I believe so,” she replied. “I think we have one of them at one of the tables. If not, then I’ll ask the owner to see if he can spare a coloring page or two. This way.”

Vittoria led the family to a decent size booth that’s near one of the windows on the right side of the restaurant. She placed the menus in front of the girl and the two adults that sat across from her. “Oh, it looks like this table doesn’t have a coloring page. I shall return to fetch you a coloring page if there is any, honey,” she said to the little girl. “While I’m at it, you all may figure out what you would like to drink and myself or Eppie shall be prepared to take your order.”

The teen sent a smile to the little girl’s way as she went to the back to find Caleb. Hopefully, they had coloring pages. She didn’t want to make the younger girl disappointed. After all, she seems like she's into coloring.

Tag: Sycamore Myrios

*Mention: Caleb Durant

*I had permission from the author to mention the character(s) in this post.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Sycamore Myrios
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 07:14 PM

Smores

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 21

Rillewen | She/her/hers

S'mores smiled happily when she was told there were coloring pages. Hopefully that included crayons too. Surely it did. She hoped there'd be plenty of color variety, unlike some restaurants that only gave you like two crayons and expected you to be able to do a proper coloring page with only red and blue or something like that. Secretly hoping this restaurant would be awesome enough to have several crayons, she also began wondering what the coloring page might look like. Probably some sort of sea type scene.

She and her parents followed the lady to a nice big table and she sat down in the booth by herself. While her parents picked up their menus, Sycamore found the kids section and started looking for what she wanted to eat.
"Mom, what's 'Toad in a Hole'?" She asked curiously.
"I'm not sure, you'll have to ask the server." She was told in reply. Sycmore nodded and filed away her questions for when the server came. Of course that meant she couldn't decide what she wanted to eat yet because she had to find out what some things are before she'd know if she wanted it or not. So, while she was waiting she took a look at the drink menu and studied that for a moment.

Vittoria Errico

--------------------
PM
^
Vittoria Errico
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 09:28 PM

Vitt, Tori

Age / 17 | Height / 5'6"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Milan, Italy

Single / Nobody

Post Count/ 58

After finding one of the coloring pages behind the counter, Vittoria smiled. She made sure that she got the crayons as well before heading back to the family’s table on the right-hand side of the restaurant. The teen remembered when she colored in certain coloring pages back in Italy. In certain restaurants, the coloring pages they had there contained numbers that you can color in by using different crayons. If Vittoria was honest, she found them quite amusing.

You could color in the Leaning Tower of Pisa, food like lasagna and penne, the Italy map, anything that children could enjoy coloring in. She definitely missed the olden days. Now that she was grown up, she had other things to keep her going. Now that she was out of Ilvermorny for good, she mainly focused on the career she has now. Plus, she’s able to communicate more and be more outgoing.

It wasn’t that she wasn’t outgoing in the beginning, but she is more open. Vittoria remembered her brother’s words about her being “more social.” It’s not that she didn’t want to be, it was mainly because she was shy at least a bit. When she went back to the table, she smiled at the family sitting there.

“Here’s your coloring page, sweetie. Are we ready to order?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Sycamore Myrios
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 10:11 PM

Smores

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 21

Rillewen | She/her/hers

Yay coloring page! Sycamore grinned as she looked up from the menu. And she brought plenty of crayons too, awesome.
"Thank you!" She said to the lady, taking it. She was happy to have something cool to do while waiting for food, but didn't forget the questions she planned to ask. But since her mom and dad already had their food orders figured out, she let them go first while she studied the coloring page and decided what she'd start coloring first.

"I'd like the salmon." Her mom spoke up. "And iced tea please." She added, then folded her menu up and passed it back since she wouldn't be needing it anymore.
"Haddock for me, and I'd like root beer." Her dad added his menu to the one her mom had used. "Your turn Smores." He added. S'mores had almost zoned out as she started to color in the side of a fish, and looked up.
"Oh. Uh, can I ask some questions?" She asked, looking up at Vittoria. "Like what's Toad in the Hole? And Bangers and Mash, and Bubble and Squeak?" She thought the names sounded funny, and almost considered just asking for one of those but then thought she might be disappointed with whatever it turned out to be. Then she thought of one more question. "Oh! And what's the soup of the day?" She wondered if it might be clam chowder, because that was really good.

Vittoria Errico

--------------------
PM
^
Vittoria Errico
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 12:59 PM

Vitt, Tori

Age / 17 | Height / 5'6"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Milan, Italy

Single / Nobody

Post Count/ 58

“Aw, no problem, sweetie!”

After giving the coloring page and some crayons to the girl, she smiled down. Vittoria was happy that she could make her happy. After all, she was just a kid and you’re only young at least once in your life. If Vittoria could turn back time to be her age again, she could. Vittoria then looked to the adults and wrote down what they ordered.

“Okay, so for now, we have salmon and iced tea, and haddock and root beer. Wonderful.”

Vittoria smiled at the couple as she then turned to the little girl, who said that she had questions after the woman, whom she assumed was her mother, told her that it was her turn to order. From what the girl asked, she wanted to know what some of the foods were along with asking what the soup of the day is. Vittoria smiled down at the girl as she was about to speak up.

“I’ll be happy to answer those questions,” Vittoria said. “I know those sound like weird and funny names, but that’s the name of the British dishes here. Toad in the Hole, also known as Sausage Toad, is a traditional English dish that is consisted of sausages in Yorkshire pudding batter and it is usually served with onion gravy and vegetables.

“Bangers and Mash, which is also known as sausages and mash, is a traditional dish of the British Isles that is made up of sausages and mashed potatoes. It may consist of one of a variety of flavored sausages that are made of beef, pork, or lamb.

“Last, but certainly not least, we have Bubble and Squeak. Bubble and Squeak is a traditional English dish that is made with shallow-fried leftover vegetables from a roast dinner usually. For the main ingredient, it’s mainly potato, but peas, carrots, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, or any leftover vegetables can be added as well.

“As for today’s soup, we do have clam chowder.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Sycamore Myrios
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 01:17 PM

Smores

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 21

Rillewen | She/her/hers

Sycamore listened attentively as she explained what all the things were. She nodded and then smiled upon hearing it was clam chowder. Now she had some choices to make. She'd seen shepherd's pie on there and that was usually pretty good. At least, it was when her mom made it. She hadn't had it at a restaurant before. Tilting her head to the side, she put her chin in her hand and looked thoughtful as she weighed the options. Shepherd's pie? Or Clam chowder?
"Hmmmmmm." She took a moment before reaching a decision. "I want clam chowder please." She said at last, with a smile. She passed the menu back to the lady. "Oh! And.. uh. Tea." She decided, for her drink.

"I have a question as well." Her dad asked. "Do the meals come with any sides?" He asked, wondering. While he was asking that, Sycamore got to work on coloring her fish.
"What kinda fish is this?" She asked the lady absently, while she was working. She was being very careful to color around the edges of the lines first, then she would work on filling in the middle part. She wanted to make it look nice and pretty. Although, it didn't occur to her what she might do about protecting it from the rain.

Vittoria Errico

--------------------
PM
^
Vittoria Errico
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 01:47 PM

Vitt, Tori

Age / 17 | Height / 5'6"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Milan, Italy

Single / Nobody

Post Count/ 58

Vittoria nodded as she wrote down what the girl ordered with a soft smile and took her menu. After taking the menu and updating the little piece of paper that contained the order of the couple and the young girl, she looked at the man, who had a question as well after he answered the girl’s question of what the three dishes were. He asked Vittoria if the meals came with any sides and she nodded.

“Yes, they do. On the menu for sides, we have Chips, which are mainly just large cut French Fries, mash, seasonal vegetables, house salad, Caesar salad, Yorkshire pudding, and of course, the soup of the day, which is clam chowder.”

After she answered the man’s question, the little girl had asked Vittoria what fish she was coloring in. The teen looked closely at the fish and smiled. “You are coloring in a rainbow trout,” she explained to the girl as she then stood up straight. Vittoria then looked at the little notepad with the orders on it.

“Okay, so we have clam chowder and tea, salmon and iced tea, and haddock and root beer. Do you want anything on the side with your orders or are we good here?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Sycamore Myrios
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 03:04 PM

Smores

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 21

Rillewen | She/her/hers

Jay considered the sides listed.
"Yeah, I think I'd like some fries... or, chips, I mean." He decided. "Thank you." He turned to June, who replied, after a debate between getting the seasonal vegetables and a house salad,
"I think I want the seasonal vegetables." She figured those might be more tasty along with her fish.

S'mores thought about this sides thing for a bit.
"Can I have a dessert for a side?" She asked hopefully, grinning up at the nice lady. She giggled a little, figuring that was most likely not going to be an option, so she was mostly joking by asking. "I think I just want the soup please." She said. "Soup and iced tea."

She looked down at the fish she was coloring. Fortunately she had only colored the bottom edge along its belly.
"Rainbow trout? Oh, ok." She finished coloring its belly purple and then swapped for blue and began to work on coloring a blue strip just above the purple, having decided that this meant the fish had to be rainbow colored. "He's going to be the prettiest rainbow trout that ever lived." She declared. After blue came a green stripe, which was followed by a yellow one, and then orange, and lastly his back was colored red.

--------------------
PM
^
Vittoria Errico
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 03:41 PM

Vitt, Tori

Age / 17 | Height / 5'6"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Milan, Italy

Single / Nobody

Post Count/ 58

After the man and the woman ordered their sides of chips (large cut french fries) and seasonal vegetables, she wrote down the order. She looked at the girl, who had asked for the dessert. Vittoria giggled at the girl’s joke. Vittoria could tell by her voice that she was a little bit, but wasn’t sure if she really wanted anything off the sweet side of things. After all, she knows how tasty sweets can taste.

“Okay, your order should be out in a little while. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to call for me for assistance!”

Vittoria walked to the back as she gave the order to whoever was in charge of making the food. Afterward, she made her way to the front and helped cleaned up the tables that were left dirty after the other customers left. So far, she was rather enjoying her day. Despite it being in the early days of November, she liked how the atmosphere was with people ordering certain foods to fill their appetite. Not only did they enjoy the food, but they enjoyed drinks that have quenched their thirst.

The desserts, in other words, were rather delightful to have in all seriousness.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Sycamore Myrios
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 10:04 PM

Smores

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 21

Rillewen | She/her/hers

"Thank you!" Sycamore smiled after the lady and then turned to her dad. Still thinking it would have been awesome if they'd include desserts in the side menu, she asked, "Dad, can we get some desserts after we eat? They have some really yummy sounding ones. Please?" She grinned hopefully at him. He smiled and turned to his wife.
"Do you want some dessert too?" He asked her, willing to get them all desserts if the majority vote was for it. She shrugged.
"I don't know. They do sound nice, but maybe we should wait and decide that after we eat? I'd hate to order dessert and then be too full to eat it." She pointed out. Nodding, he agreed.
"Good point. We'll decide on it later, ok S'mores?"
"Alright." She sighed, secretly determined that she would not be too full for dessert.

She turned back to coloring her fish while they waited on the food, coloring its eyes green, and then worked on coloring the background blue for water. Trying not to go outside the lines, she colored the outline around all the things like bubbles and the border of anything, so she'd have a bit of margin once she began coloring the middle part.
"Look at my fish so far, isn't it the best rainbow trout ever?" She showed her parents, then after they had agreed that it was very nice, she returned to coloring the picture, using green for some of the plant life shown in the picture, and various other things.

Vittoria Errico

--------------------
PM
^
Vittoria Errico
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 12:57 PM

Vitt, Tori

Age / 17 | Height / 5'6"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Milan, Italy

Single / Nobody

Post Count/ 58

Cleaning tables and being a server at The Battered Seas is definitely a workout for Vittoria. Then again, she didn’t mind it at all. After all, being at the place full of tables and food is something she was able to get as her first ever job in town. Plus, she was able to herself out there and be more sociable instead of just being a shy girl that came from the town of Milan in Italy. Being out there gave her the opportunity to show that talking to others isn’t all that bad.

Not that she didn’t communicate with anyone and shut herself out, but it was nice to meet people that you never met before. For Vittoria, she was adjusting to the whole ‘communicating with new people’ thing. After all, she knew Vitale wanted her to be more in the open instead of in the dark. He didn’t want her to be shy or be completely closed in. Of course, he didn’t want that for his sister.

While waiting for the family’s order to come out, she was able to take care of the other customers in the restaurant and be able to take their orders. It was something to keep her occupied. After the time was up, Vittoria was able to grab the order and go back to the table.

“Okay, so here is your clam chowder and iced tea, sweetheart,” she said to the little girl. “Here is your salmon and iced tea, ma’am, and haddock and root beer for you, sir.”

Vittoria was able to give the couple their dishes as she gave a warm smile. “Enjoy your meals, folks,” she replied.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Sycamore Myrios
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 01:57 PM

Smores

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 21

Rillewen | She/her/hers

Sycamore worked quietly on coloring her page while her parents talked about some adult things. She focused on making the color even across the open spaces, trying to make sure that the page looked nice. After she had finished with the blue, she focused on coloring a few other things. She wondered if they'd be able to visit her brother and sister while they were here. She had a feeling that she wouldn't get to see Cy though, because her mom said that they don't let first years go to the town. She was disappointed about that because she missed her big brother a lot. She missed Ria too, but Cy was more into the sort of things S'mores likes to do so she liked to hang out with him more, usually.

She finished her page around the time that the lady came back with her food. She smiled and set her paper on the other side of the table so it wouldn't get anything on it, setting the crayons near it.
"Thank you! This looks so yummy!" She grinned and took a sip of the tea when her glass was set down. She inhaled deeply to smell the aroma of the soup. It smelled amazing and she couldn't wait to dig in. She couldn't think of anything better to have for a meal right now.

Vittoria Errico

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (3) 1 2 3  REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse