Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Broken in Runes, open
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 09:14 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 102

Cal barely rolled out of bed that morning, maybe he wouldn't even have gotten up only for the fact that he had fallen out of bed. Nightmares had plagued his dreams, not that he wasn't already in one. He didn't want to make light of the situation, but he'd actually found himself crying in the bathroom before he'd pulled himself together enough to get breakfast. It had been quite a long time since he'd actually found himself being wound up enough to actually cry, and the whole situation was fully grinding him down. Even though there was barely any need for them anymore, Cal decided to make use of his earplugs once again. "An bhfuil tú ceart go leor?" Of course, this part of his plan didn't go unnoticed by Danni, she'd caught on almost straight away. "Fág mé, tá mé go maith." Cal found her reaction rather unneeded and as though she was being over baring. Danni rarely spoke in Irish to him, which meant that she was really worried about him, but it didn't really make any sense to him, he was fine and she needed to get a grip off herself, instead of worrying about him. That whole encounter ended in a huge fight, with both of them storming off.

The morning classes didn't pass in a better fashion either, each one passed with him getting more and more distressed, he didn't know if it was another one of his depressive episodes coming on or not. By the time he made it to Ancient Runes, he was about done with the day and he was just looking forward to the end of the day. Going by the explanation that Professor Meyers gave, it sounded pretty interesting. Cal stepped up to the caldron, he avoided eye contact with everyone, but especially Poppy. He didn't need any sort of distractions at the moment, thank you very much.

Cal picked out one of the pieces that seemed to call to him the most. He unfolded the piece of paper, he hoped for something exciting. Before even starting class, he'd actually read part of the rune dictionary. His eyes widened at the very sight of the thing, out of all the possible ones he could have gotten, why the heck did he have to get Gifu. Life wasn't fair at all.

Cal grabbed the most breakable thing he could find and threw it at the wall, maybe on a good day if he had gotten something that translated as love, then he'd be alright with it, but right now it just really made him want to break things.

An bhfuil tú ceart go leor?- You ok?

Fág mé, tá mé go maith- leave me alone, I'm fine

Poppy Everheart for the mention

--------------------
user posted image

*Lyrics Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings*
PM
^
Poppy Everheart
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 10:18 PM

Popster

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Salem, Oregon

It's complicated /

Author Alias / Poppy

Timezone/ PST

Post Count/ 26

Poppy kept a low-ground since the incident. She went from being a respectable, friendly, intelligent pureblood girl to Poppy Everheart the Boyfriend Stealer/Home Wrecker. This made her cringe whenever someone referred to her as this.

Her once pure image was shattered. Now sleazy boys of all ages would come up to her asking for inappropriate favors. What would her parents tell her if they ever found out. Most likely she would be branded as a harlot in the town of Salem and looked down upon.

Currently it wasn't too much better at Ilvermorny. Those who weren't trying to use her avoided her like the plague, especially Caleb. She hadn't spoken to Caleb or Hunter since. She had never even spoken to Elsie in the first place, but she doubted that friendship would even be start-able.

When she arrived to Ancient Runes class she spotted Caleb. She wanted to just cuddle with him and hope that everything would be ok, but Poppy couldn't do that now.

Instead, the blonde took an empty seat way in the back of class as Professor Meyers started explaining todays lesson.

Poppy tried making eye-contact with Caleb but whenever she tried, he would immediately look away. This was starting to get childish real fast. She figured that this was his way of coping and all but she would have to be the one to break the tension eventually.

What really frustrated Poppy about the situation was the fact that she kissed Hunter on the lips before she ever even kissed Caleb on his lips. Now if she did eventualy get back together with him, would she always have this kiss on the back of her mind like a floating dagger that would make her compare it and backstab Caleb another time?

A reluctant Poppy went up to get her symbol after Caleb. She was careful not to rile him up. Her sign was Eoh.

Before she had time to properly understand her symbol, she heard the sound of something shatter. It only took a second for her to realize what happened and she immediately looked at an enraged Caleb.

Poppy approached the tormented boy. "Look Caleb I know you broke that because of what I did. But you have to understand that I was under the spell of a very powerful love potion... I couldn't control its effects even if I wanted to." She hoped her side of the story was made apparent to Caleb and she hoped he didn't break anything else because of her disgraceable actions.

Caleb Rowan

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 12:52 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 102

"Stop. I understand what happened, and even though I'm not angry anymore. But I still need time." He still didn't really know what was going on with him, his head was in the wrong space and he was just a mess. Cal's breathe hitched in his throat, as he tried to explain himself, he was kind of glad that he didn't have a voice crack at that point. He kind of wanted to keep a low profile, until all the gossip died down and the air was clear enough to allow the dust to settle. Cal felt a small bit better after breaking something. Everything just seemed to be playing into his insecurities and he hated it more than anything, plus it almost made his confusion even worse.

Cal wanted to reach out and reassure her, that he was dealing with it and that maybe there were no real hard feelings, but it was too much. Cal couldn't explain how he was feeling, his mind was clouding over again.

He bent down to try and clean up the mess he made, Cal felt like he was done with the eye contact and human interaction for now. He didn't really care if his hands got cut, despite knowing that he could easily use Reparo to deal with it.

"It seems like Love potions stink and destroy lives." He was resigned to possibly getting in trouble for disrupting the class, with his outburst.

Poppy Everheart

Craig Meyers for the mention

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Craig Meyers
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 01:32 PM

CJ

Age / 32

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Single /

Author Alias / Cutter

Timezone/

Post Count/ 39

You'd think that a potentially boring class such as Ancient Runes, would never see any outbursts in the class. Not unless some sort of joker decided to make a fuss and distract everyone. Boy, was he wrong. The unmistakable sound of glass breaking caught Craig's attention and his first thought was to believe it was an accident. How many times did he knock over his ink pot while he was in school? Enough to become dependent on Repairo and Scourgify, and he was pretty good at it by the time he'd graduated.

But after scanning the room, he noticed Caleb Rowan by the wall, manually cleaning up the mess. That screamed intentional destruction. In his class? It must be a reaction to the rune the boy had drawn from the cauldron, which could suggest that Caleb had been studying. A good thing to be sure, but not if it meant he was going to break things in the classroom.

Professor Meyers approached the pair of students, overhearing the statement concerning love potions. Yes, they do. They turn people into lovesick monsters. In a way, it was a lucky thing Craig found himself obsessed with the potions Professor, who could cure him before he became worse than he already was and truly threaten his relationship with Briar.
"Miss Everheart, you may return to your seat." He pulled his wand out, lowered himself to reach the mess and tapped the tip against a large piece of glass. "Repairo!"
"Alright, Mr. Rowan," He kept his voice low to avoid embarrassing the boy further. "What is the meaning of this disruption in my class?"

Caleb Rowan
Poppy Everheart

--------------------
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 09:26 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 102

Cal sighed and rolled his eyes realising that the trouble and the discussion about their relationship likely wasn't over. "Poppy, I'll meet you at lunch. You can choose where." If an open conversation needed to be had, before either of them could move on in any sort of way. Dates were out of the question for now, especially owing to the fact that they could be an awkward sore point given what happened.

Cal looked up as he noticed a pair of shoes moving towards them. "Mini meltdown." Cal mumbled in a low voice, it was a bare-faced lie but he didn't care to be truthful about what was bothering him in anyway. The question was one of those that made it somewhat easy to lie about. "Too much studying and stress." He hoped that the professor would buy that excuse, Cal normally wasn't the type that just faked meltdowns or anything like that, just so that he could get out of something he didn't want to do.

"Sorry, Professor. I'll try to be more careful next time." There was clearly no getting past this. Cal mouthed the words 'Sorry.' To Poppy. He'd been an idiot and acted out, because he didn't like something. "Let me guess, you're going to give me detention or something. Kind of seems fair enough." He sighed and said everything in a defeated voice.

Poppy Everheart

Craig Meyers

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Poppy Everheart
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 03:40 PM

Popster

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Salem, Oregon

It's complicated /

Author Alias / Poppy

Timezone/ PST

Post Count/ 26

Poppy sighed when he rolled his eyes at her. She did deserve the silent treatment he gave her. It was going to be hard for Caleb to unsee her kiss with Hunter.

"Poppy, I'll meet you at lunch. You can choose where." She was glad Caleb agreed to talking it all out. "Let's meet at the Astronomy Tower." She silently nodded her head as she returned to her seat due to Professor Meyers instruction.

She picked the Astronomy Tower as that was where their first date took place. And Poppy remembered having quite a blast.

The blonde tried focusing on her work, but she couldn't. Caleb avoided explaining to Professor Meyers that she was the reason he broke the object. It was very painful just listening him accept whatever punishment he could get.

"Sorry, Professor. I'll try to be more careful next time." When he mouthed the words sorry to Poppy she felt her heart sink. "Let me guess, you're going to give me detention or something. Kind of seems fair enough."

No that was the last straw. Poppy did want to maintain her good academic standing, but she couldn't let Caleb get the full blunt of the consequences. She stood up from her chair and faced Professor Meyers.

"Sorry Professor, it's all my fault. I.. really pushed his buttons. I really hope you don't send me to detention, but I'll accept whatever punishment you were planning on giving him." It was time Poppy owned up for her mistakes, love-potion induced or not.

She hoped the punishment wouldn't be too damaging to her academic career since she desired to run for a position in Student Council for next year. Poppy glanced at Caleb while awaiting her trial.

Craig Meyers Caleb Rowan

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Craig Meyers
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 12:50 PM

CJ

Age / 32

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Single /

Author Alias / Cutter

Timezone/

Post Count/ 39

Mini meltdown, eh? Craig raised a brow as he studied the boy. Maybe it was possible, but he suspected that it was something deeper than that. The professor was about to deliver his judgement when Poppy interrupted, to insist that the damage was her fault. Interesting. He wasn't going to take the disruption lightly, as he certainly didn't want students to think he was a pushover. Because he wasn't. However, detention did seem a little too harsh for the situation. Perhaps the outburst stemmed from the rune Caleb had drawn, and it had something to do with Poppy. Still no excuse for disrupting the class and breaking things. The professor had a lot on his mind due to the pending Seer Act, but he didn't go around breaking things. Lead by example.

"Five points from each of your houses, then. You can gain those back, if by the end of the class, you complete another twelve inch apology letter, in younger Futhark. In that, you'll apologize to me, the class and each other, and after I've read them, you'll exchange letters to read. I won't make you read it out loud to your classmates." That would be unnecessarily embarrassing for both of them and Craig wasn't like that. They didn't have to go into great detail as to why they were sorry, but he would leave it up to them, if they chose to do so.

"You may both return to your seats and get started on your work." With that, Professor Meyers waited for the pair to comply, before returning his attention to the rest of the class, in case anyone needed help with their assignments.

Caleb Rowan
Poppy Everheart

--------------------
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 08:32 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 102

Cal felt small in the situation, he'd caused so much trouble in one stinking move. He had tried to take responsibility for being an emotional wreck, he hadn't expected Poppy to stand up for him in that sort of way, by confessing that part of it was her fault. No one ever stood up for him, at home that would mean a beating for him and whichever sibling had tried to help. It was normally worse for him, because of his supposed undiagnosed Dyspraxia.

"Wait, what. No detention?" Cal was slightly surprised, he knew people that had gotten detention for way less. "Great, I can just add that one to the list of things that my dad is going to give out about, I can bet that he'll probably give me his own sort of punishment for it." The thought made him shudder, but at the same time his father didn't really scare him anymore, he'd been fighting back in different ways.

"You didn't have to do that." He said it low enough so that only Poppy could hear. It kind of felt strange, in a room full of people, he only had eyes for her and in that moment he felt his heart beating with longing. The extra work didn't seem to matter anymore, although he had no idea how he was going to explain the reason that he'd lost points for Horned Serpent, even if he managed to get them bac, people would know.

Cal moved to take his seat in the back again, he kind of needed to be alone with his thoughts.

Poppy Everheart Craig Meyers

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/