Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
Valentine's Day Rapid Fire is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Mid February| Highs 33°F/ Lows 25°F
BLIZZARD WARNING. Travel with caution, as visibility is low.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC

I come bearing gifts, Tag: Sata | CLOSED
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 06:04 PM

Age / 34 | Height / 6'5" (2m)

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

United with / my long-lost twin

Post Count/ 49

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Sata was still denying that he and Bella were anything more than just fxxk buddies, but Gabe was pretty sure that wasn't the truth. They had been apart for most of their lives but there was still things a person knew about their twin just cause. That's how the twin telepathy worked. Gabe couldn't do anything about it.

That and he has seen their "not a date" Valentine's Day Date.

It was a couple days later and Gabe was determined to help Sata win the heart of the girl woman he so obviously loved. And he was going to do it with food. Bella had confided in Gabe when she'd thought he was Sata way back in December that she loved a guy who could cook and Gabe was going to use that to help his brother out.

He showed up at Sata's doorstep the Thursday after Valentine's Day with a bag full of groceries, not really caring if his twin had plans or not.

"Heyy, it's meee," he called in a sing-song voice as he rapped on the front door. "Open up, big brother!"

Sata

Bella Santoro -- for the mentions; sorry if I got what Bella said to Gabe wrong, I couldn't remember exactly and I was going to double check then realized that Gabe is not perfect and he could have remembered wrong

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sata
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 06:56 PM

Ogre

Age / 34 | Height / 6'5

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Moscow, Russia

single /

Post Count/ 140

Candie | She/Her/Hers

It was the Thursday just after Valentine's Day and Sata was sitting in his living room, reading one of his books. His shift at the school ended an hour before and he hadn't felt like crashing at the castle after curfew. Not that he minded sleeping in the same building as all the little booger eaters, he just hadn't wanted to that night. Since he had charmed the Library with an alert spell to let him know if he was needed, Sata hadn't felt the need to stick around. With the spell in place and the Pukwudgies patrolling the school, Sata simply wasn't needed just then.

With too much crashing through his mind at the moment, Sata couldn't focus on his book and wound up putting it down. Between wondering whether or not his brother was still in town, his non-date with Bella that had felt an awful lot like a real f**king date, his impromptu dinner with Amelia and work, Sata was drifting along on a giant sea of uncertainties. His biggest one was what to do about the things he was starting to feel for Bella. Since Sata had never really had feeling feelings for anyone before, the whole concept of it was confusing as hell to the 33 yr old man.

Hell, he could be 34 now for all he knew. He and Gabe never really did get around to discussing birthdays. Like when theirs was. Sata had mostly relied on doctor visits to tell him about what age he should be since his group home was required to bring all their boys in for check-ups every 6 months or so. The doctors all seemed to agree that his birth must have been somewhere around the winter into spring time, but they could never give him an exact date. Maybe Gabe knew...it was worth finding out.

Sata was still seated in his lazyboy recliner when he heard a knock at his front door. Grunting to himself, Sata pushed himself up out of the black leather chair, kicking the bottom portion back in as he stood up. “Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm coming. Keep your damn pants on,” he grumbled on his way to the door. He was about to ask who the hell it was when he heard Gabe's voice through the door. Well, that answered his question on whether or not Gabe was still in town.

Chuckling to himself, Sata opened the door for his twin. “Big brother am I?” He asked, letting his doppelganger through the door and into the apartment. “How are you soo sure that I'm the older twin?” He asked, amused. Seeing the bag in Gabe's hands, Sata raised a quizzical brow. “I wasn't due for a shopping trip just yet Bro, but I appreciate the gesture. Any good beer in that bag?” He asked, gesturing towards the kitchen with his head.

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 06:42 AM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 49

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Gabe rolled his eyes as Sata let him into the small apartment. It had been difficult switching from calling him Sergei to calling him Sata, but the thirty-three year old had managed to make the switch because that as how his brother wanted to be called and Gabe didn’t want to lose him over something as silly as a name.

“You’ve always been the older twin,” he stated plainly as though it were evident and began to unpack the bags. “These aren’t for you to eat, they’re for Bella. She told me she likes a man who can cook and so I’m going to teach you how to cook. Then you can make her breakfast in bed after one of your little playdates.”

He pulled out mushrooms, spinach, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, onions, garlic, ham, an assortment of cheese, eggs, tomato paste and various things for pastry crust. “Does Bella have any allergies?” Gabe waited for Sata’s response, looking at him pointedly. The guy was dating her for Merlin’s sake, Gabe hoped he knew what she could and couldn’t eat. He had three recipes in mind each with a different set of ingredients so he hoped that at least one of them would contain things Bella was okay to eat.

“And there’s only beer if you pay attention well.”

Sata
Bella Santoro -- for the mentions

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sata
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 01:21 AM

Ogre

Age / 34 | Height / 6'5

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

single /

Post Count/ 140

Candie | She/Her/Hers

You’ve always been the older twin,” Gabriel popped off with after entering Sata’s little apartment. Sata looked at him skeptically, raising a brow at the comment. “How exactly was that established?” Sata asked curiously. “Do we even know when our birthday is?” He asked Gabriel. He'd actually been rather curious about that one since his brother appeared in his life.

“These aren’t for you to eat, they’re for Bella. She told me she likes a man who can cook and so I’m going to teach you how to cook. Then you can make her breakfast in bed after one of your little playdates.” Gabriel told him, unpacking the shopping nag he brought with him. Sata chuckled at his brother's claim. “She told you all of that huh?” Sata asked, shooting Gabe a look. “You're gonna teach me how to cook?” Sata asked, sounding amused. “This should be interesting,” the Librarian commented. Since he'd never really cooked before, he did not see this endeavour going all that well in his favor.

Sata watched with mild interest, his hip resting against the counter, as Gabe pulled out mushrooms, spinach, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, onions, garlic, ham, an assortment of cheese, eggs, tomato paste and various things for pastry crust. “Does Bella have any allergies?” Gabe asked him after placing everything from the grocery bag onto the counter top. Sata considered Gabriel's question carefully before replying. It took him a moment or two to realize that he actually had no idea if Bella had any allergies or not. Question now became...did he tell Gabe the truth and look like an asshole for not knowing or did he just wing it and hope that he was right with his guess?

“Not that I know of bro, but then again we didn't exactly spend that much time talking,” Sata pointed out honestly, smirking at Gabe. “That isn't going to be a problem is it?” Sata asked, studying his brother carefully. If it was oh well. Not much Sata could really do about it now. Sata figured without knowing for sure what Bella may or may not be allergic to, they were just gonna have to wing it and hope for the best. “And there’s only beer if you pay attention well.” Gabe told him, making Sata snort. “I'm good, I get a treat….got it,” Sata quipped back in response to his brother's comment. “So….what the f**k are we making anyway?” Sata asked him, still leaning against the counter in the kitchen.

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 05:16 AM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 49

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

How was he supposed to know how it was decided that Sata was the older twin? It had just been that way for all of Gabe’s life. He probably knew just about as much about their birth as Sata did, he’d been there but barely coherent. He’d been a newborn, after all. He shrugged in response. “I don’t know, you just are.”

The other part of the question, that was a little bit harder. Gabe felt his memories rush him like they did from time to time. Suddenly he wasn’t in Greylock anymore, he was in a tiny apartment in Russia, being taken care of by some foster family weirdos, crying for his parents and a brother they told him he didn’t have. No survivors, is what they’d said. But Gabe had known Sergi was alive. He’d felt it. There was no little boy, the officers had said. And that clenched it for Gabe. Sergi was out there somewhere waiting for him probably scared and alone.

He busied himself with unloading the groceries instead. Thinking about their birthday was too much. Gabe hadn’t celebrated a birthday since he was five and he wasn’t about to start thinking about it now even if he had found Sergi. Better to distract himself with making Bella happy. For Sergi, he scolded himself. Making Bella happy for Sergi. Gabe separated the ingredients on the table in front of him. Zucchini and cheese and pastry crust; tomatoes and paste and carrots and garlic and onions; ham and spinach and mushrooms and cheese; eggs in the middle of the second two sets of ingredients.

“We have three options. First, a light breakfast. Zucchini tart. This works well as a breakfast item or also at noon for a nice summery lunch. Second, shakshuka. Traditionally a North African dish, it’s an egg poached in thick tomato sauce with a kick. Lastly we have the ingredients for a frittata. I wanted to have a nice asparagus-potato one but alas, the asparagus at the store did not look quality.” Now, Gabe spread out his arms. “Take your pick. We’ll learn them all, eventually. Can’t have you being a one-trick pony, after all.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sata
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:06 PM

Ogre

Age / 34 | Height / 6'5

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

single /

Post Count/ 140

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Sata raised a brow at his reply on how they knew Sata was the eldest twin. It would appear that Gabriel didn't know the answer to that question anymore than Sata himself did. Unfortunate. Despite the two of them knowing for sure, Gabe's answer still felt right. Sata did kind of feel like the eldest of the two without really knowing how. Like Gabriel, he just kind of felt it.

Sata shrugged at Gabe's reply and accepted it. Unless someone could tell the two of them otherwise, that's what they were sticking with. Sata couldn't help noticing that Gabriel avoided his question on the exact date for their birthday as well. Maybe he doesn't know when it is, Sata thought to himself, feeling strangely disappointed by that thought. He'd never had the chance to celebrate his birthday before. It would have been interesting to try it just once.

Sata watched as Gabriel emptied the grocery bag out onto his counter, smirking as Gabe began to separate stuff. He had no idea what his twin was doing, but it was amusing to say the least. “We have three options. First, a light breakfast. Zucchini tart. This works well as a breakfast item or also at noon for a nice summery lunch. Second, shakshuka. Traditionally a North African dish, it’s an egg poached in thick tomato sauce with a kick. Lastly we have the ingredients for a frittata. I wanted to have a nice asparagus-potato one but alas, the asparagus at the store did not look quality.” Now, Gabe spread out his arms. “Take your pick. We’ll learn them all, eventually. Can’t have you being a one-trick pony, after all.”

Sata raised a brow skeptically at his brother's choice of dishes. Zucchini tart? Shaka..whatsits? A Frittata? What the hell was his brother blathering on about? Sata pinched his nose, his arms crossed over his chest as he listened to Gabe describe each one. "Woah..woah...woah! Time out here!" Sata piped in. "A what? A what and a what?" He inquired, completely comfused. "You're kidding right? You really expect me to learn how to make all that crap?" Sata eyed Gabe curiously. Seriously though...Gabe was just yanking his chain right? That had to be it.

However, seeing the look on Gabe's face, Sata realized his twin was serious. Oh good gods! "Uhh...right," he grumbled, looking over the ingredients currently sitting on his counter. "Let's go with the Fruitti-tatta thing," Sata told Gabe, waving his hand at the ingredients for the Frittata. Sata chuckled at Gabe's On Trick Pony comment. "I'll have you know bro, I have never gotten any complaints about my PONY! Nor has it ever been a One Trick One," Sata responded bluntly, grinning like an ass at his brother. He knew what Gabe had meant, but it still felt good to bust his chops about it.

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 05:24 AM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 49

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

The look on Sata’s face as he heard what Gabe wanted to teach him was priceless. The nearly Irishman laughed at his brother’s (it felt so good to say that) face. “Shak—shuk—a,” he pronounced slowly. It really wasn’t that complicated of a word to say, he didn’t think, and Sata’s aversion to the difficulty of the recipes amused him. Gabe has specifically chosen these recipes because they were not that difficult to execute but were still delicious, looked like they took a lot of effort, and delicious.

“Frit—ta—ta,” he repeated when Sata basically called his sophisticated breakfast dish a childish gum. Really, he couldn’t understand when people deliberately mispronounced words. It had to be deliberate, after all who hadn’t heard of a frittta??

“And I don’t want to know about your…pony, one trick or otherwise.” He made a face. “I probably already know all there is to know anyway seeing as…” he gestured between their faces. “We practically have the same one.” Gabe also had never gotten complaints the few times he had…taken his pony on a walk, but with culinary school and his quest to find Sata he’d not ever really had time for girls.

“It’s really not that difficult, we’ll start by washing our hands and the vegetables. Do you already know how to chop mushrooms and spinach?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sata
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 04:41 PM

Ogre

Age / 34 | Height / 6'5

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

single /

Post Count/ 140

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Sata gave Gabe a bored look as he obediently repeated back the names of the dishes. For as much as the nomad had traveled around until he hit Greylock, Sata really hadn't taken the time out to learn the names of any dishes he ate. Why would he? He didn't exactly give a flying f**k what the damn thing was called just so long as it hadn't tasted like shit and was filling. What to call it really didn't matter so long as it served its purpose.

It was kind of weird and oddly...gratifying(?)....to hear Gabe laughing at him for his reaction to the food choices. If it had been anyone else, Sata would have laid their ass out and not thought twice about it, but considering that it was his own twin making fun of him like only a brother could….Sata didn't exactly feel the need to beat his ass. It was weird and a bit terrifying at how quickly his life changed those few months ago when he ran into Gabriel on the street.

How could he possibly know or even suspect that he actually had family floating around somewhere? Family that did actually want something to do with his surly ass. It was still pretty surreal. Sata shook his head at Gabe before flipping him off for laughing at him. It seemed like the appropriate response for such a thing. If it wasn't, how the hell was he supposed to know? He had never really had a sibling before (that he remembered) to know what the etiquette was for such a thing.

“And I don’t want to know about your…pony, one trick or otherwise.” Gabe made a face at him, making Sata chuckle.“I probably already know all there is to know anyway seeing as….We practically have the same one.” Sata raised a brow at Gabriel as he pointed out their identical features. “Just because the outer package is the same bro, does not mean our prospective ponies have been exercised the same,” Sata pointed out, chuckling. “For all I know, you could still be carrying around your V-Club Card man,” Sata teased Gabriel.

Hell, for all Sata knew, Gabriel could still be a virgin. That kind of thing was still possible for guys in their 30’s right? Sata hoped to Merlin that wasn't the case for his brother, but it could still be possible. Sata hadn't been a club card holder since he was 16. He just got more experienced with age and practice. “Please tell me that with looks like ours that you're not still a club card member!”Sata half begged his twin brother, chuckling as he busted on Gabriel.

“It’s really not that difficult, we’ll start by washing our hands and the vegetables. Do you already know how to chop mushrooms and spinach?” Gabriel said to him, putting Sata's attention back on the task at hand. “Yeah yeah….I know how to f**kin chop vegetables,” Sata grumbled a bit, heading for the sink so he could wash his hands. “I'm not a complete caveman bro. I may not have been to Culinary School, but I do know my way around a knife,” Sata gave his brother a wink as he dried his hands on a paper towel.

Sata washed the vegetables Gabe gave him for the Frittata and set them on the counter. As Sata chopped the mushrooms and spinach, he thought about something Gabriel had said to him when they first met each other. “I know this probably isn't the best time to ask this, but its been itching at me for a bit now,” Sata said to Gabriel, still chopping up the vegetables. “You called me something when we first met. Sergi….was it? Was that my name?” Sata asked his twin.

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 07:18 AM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 49

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Working in the kitchen with Sata next to him filled Gabe with a sort of unexpected joy. Cooking had always been a family thing for him. On weekends he and his parents had always made dinner and lunch together, on week nights his mother had taught him and they had taken turns making dinner since both she and his father often were working long hours to afford Gabe his schooling and uniform. To cook, now, with Sata, it was like everything was finally falling into place.

Gabe had told his mother all about meeting Sata when he’d gone home to visit her over Christmas and New Years, and she’d told him she wanted to meet “her other son.” It didn’t matter to the older Russian woman, Gabe had been her son since he was five years old (“and probably even before that,” she’d told him. “You were always mine, it just took some time to find you,”) so naturally Gabe’s twin would be hers, too.

“Please,” he replied dryly. “You think I’d be a virgin with these features? We’re like crack to women with faces like these.” It was just like Gabe had always thought having a brother would be like. Taking the piss out of each other over crude things with some degree of macho-caring behind the whole thing. It felt comfortable, it felt fun, it felt right. “I just don’t have the desire to go home with every witch who bats her eyes at me twice.”

Sata’s handling of the knife wasn’t bad, for a civilian, but it made Gabe cringe if the thumb wasn’t tucked exactly just so against the knife. It gave him heart palpitations to think about someone’s unclean blood getting into the food. He repressed his shivers, however because Sata wasn’t a professional and this was supposed to be fun, not a lecture.* “Keep the shape of the mushroom,” he advised without looked at Sata’s work because he didn’t want to throw up. Just thinking about blood getting on the vegetables was making him queasy. “It makes for a more flattering frittata at the end.”

He had purchased smalled mushrooms for a reason, the pieces needed to be small enough to mix well in the egg but thick enough that they wouldn’t turn out slimey. Gabe had found over the years that improperly cooked mushrooms were the number one deterrent away from the vegetable for most people. “It still is,” Gabe shrugged. “At least to me and my parents.” He hesitated, unsure if he wanted to throw his mother’s optimistic wishes and his father’s pessimistic hopes at his newly found twin before deciding it was better to get it all out in the open. “They want to meet you,” he said. “I told them you’re working in a school, but maybe over the summer, if you get a holiday?”

Gabe busied himself with arranging the vegetables on the counter so he wouldn’t have to look Sata in the eye if his invitation were declined.

Sata

*Maybe Sata does do this, but maybe it’s just not perfect enough for Gabe lol

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sata
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 03:34 PM

Ogre

Age / 34 | Height / 6'5

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

single /

Post Count/ 140

Candie | She/Her/Hers

“Please,” Gabe replied dryly. “You think I’d be a virgin with these features? We’re like crack to women with faces like these.” Sata couldn't help laughing at Gabe's comeback. It was a huge relief to know that his brother wasn't a virgin like he feared for a second there. “Ya got that right,” Sata chuckled. “I just don’t have the desire to go home with every witch who bats her eyes at me twice.” Sata raised a brow at Gabriel's other comment before shrugging. “Suit yourself man, but personally, I think you're seriously depriving yourself. Besides, a witch doesn't have to bat her eyes twice at me for that….once is more than enough,” Sata shot Gabe a shit-eating grin.

Sata had to admit it felt oddly good having someone to bash on and trade quips with. It was like he and Gabe had been doing it all along. Like they had never been separated from each other. It felt weird and strangely right. Like he had somehow found a piece of himself that he hadn't known was missing until now. He had to wonder if maybe Gabe felt the same way. He hoped so. He knew feeling that way was stupid and it could only lead to disappointment. It usually did where he was concerned, but that didn't stop the feeling from forming. Deep down he had always wanted to feel wanted by someone, but he had abandoned that feeling when it never came to fruition.

“Keep the shape of the mushroom,” Gabe advised him, oddly not watching his work like a hawk. It made Sata wonder if Gabe was worried about him cutting himself or something and didn't want to see it happen. “It makes for a more flattering frittata at the end.” Sata grunted at the advice and his reasoning. Who gave a rat's ass what the damn thing looked like just so long as it was edible? Sata nearly asked that question of his brother, but realized Gabe went to Culinary School. He would be worried as much about the food's aesthetic as he was whether or not it tasted good. Sata chuckled. “Don't cut the shrooms funny….got it,” Sata teased his brother.

“It still is,” Sata watched as Gabe shrugged. “At least to me and my parents.” Sata stopped cutting the mushrooms long enough to turn his attention towards Gabriel. “You and your parents refer to me as Sergi back at your place?” Sata asked his twin curiously. It never occurred to him that they might even discuss him at all. Why would they? He wasn't their son...Gabriel was. Not that he was mad at Gabe or anything for that. It wasn't Gabe's fault that he had been adopted after the accident and Sata had not. Sure, Sata could be pissed about that, but why bother? He got dealt the short straw. So f**king what? It happened all the time. Being angry about it didn't change anything.

“Okay. So let's try something here,” Sata began, going back to carefully chopping the mushrooms. “Why don't you try calling me that so I can get the feel of it?” Sata suggested. He was actually kind of curious to see how the name would feel when it was used to address him. He had taken on the name Sata as a kid since no one really knew what his name was and he had gotten really f**king tired of being called Satan by the other little snot-nosed brats. The name Sata had just stuck after that. He had never felt the need to change it….well until now maybe.

“They want to meet you,” Gabe told him, making Sata stop chopping again to give Gabe his attention. “I told them you’re working in a school, but maybe over the summer, if you get a holiday?” Sata stood very still for a second, before placing the knife he was holding carefully on the counter. “Seriously? Your parents want to meet me?” He asked Gabriel, his mind reeling at the idea. “Why?” Sata asked, not really being able to stop himself from asking the question. It was about that same time that he registered the rest of Gabriel's words. “Wait….you actually want me to come and visit you in Ireland over the summer?”

Sata knew the question sounded asinine, but it still shocked the hell out of him that Gabriel would actually want him to go. Maybe it wasn't soo surprising that Gabriel would want that considering his search for Sata over the years, but Sata had a hard time buying into the parental units wanting to meet him. Maybe they just wanted to prove that Gabe wasn't off his rocker about there being a twin brother or something. Sata shrugged a bit at Gabe's lead off. “Well yeah….I get time off from the school as well while the kids are gone for the summer break,” Sata said casually, picking the knife back up to finish his chopping. “I could make an appearance if that's what you want. I've never been to Ireland before,” Sata said to his brother, grinning to himself as he went back to work.

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 04:11 AM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 49

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Sata’s sexual habits were, in a word, disgusting. Gabe couldn’t even consider going home with just anyone, wasn’t his brother worried about diseases? Gabe might have looked like a heartthrob (he certainly shared identical genes to one) but he just didn’t have it in him to be the man-whoring heart breaker. He was too sensitive for that, so he pointedly ignored the rest of Sata’s comments about sexual habits they did (or rather didn’t) share.

He also refrained from pointing out that they were cutting mushrooms and that shrooms were something completely different. He’d tried the latter once on accident and enjoyed the experience a little too much (which was surprising considering how he didn’t love the feeling of being drunk) and stayed away from it since, terrified of the feelings it had brought him. He busied himself not watching Sata likely murder the mushrooms.

“Of course we do,” Gabe said nodding his head towards the mushrooms as if he were trying to mentally force Sata back to work. “What else would we call you? That’s the only name I knew for you until I met you and you were…Sata,” he shrugged by way of explanation. “I wouldn’t mind calling you Sergi again, it’d be easier anyhow, I have to remind myself to say Sata.”

The sound of the knife stopping again, however, had Gabe turning to scold his brother for getting distracted yet again when he blurted out something which really surprised Gabe. “I—I mean, why wouldn’t they?” Gabe looked at Sergi strangely. What kinds of people had his brother encountered in his life that he would be surprised his twin’s parents wanted to meet him. “They’re my parents,” he stressed. “And you’re my brother. You’re an important person in my life and you’re an important person in theirs. I only spent my entire life talking about you.”

They were going down an unexpectedly sappy route and while Gabe normally didin’t like emotional discussions of any kind because they left him feeling too open, too vulnerable, he felt like with Sergi it would be okay. They had to get back to that closeness that they’d had before everything had changed. Back to before they had turned five years old and their entire lives had been dashed away with the wave of some incredible sick high power’s hand.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sata
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 12:49 PM

Ogre

Age / 34 | Height / 6'5

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

single /

Post Count/ 140

Candie | She/Her/Hers

“Of course we do,” Gabe told him, nodding his towards the mushrooms Sata was chopping as if telling him to get his ass back to work. Sata chuckled at the head nod and gave his brother a single finger salute in response before getting his ass back to work. Sata also couldn't help noticing that Gabe completely ignored his crude comments which amused the nomad to no end. Apparently his little brother was a prude. Damn that was funny!
“What else would we call you? That’s the only name I knew for you until I met you and you were…Sata, I wouldn’t mind calling you Sergi again, it’d be easier anyhow, I have to remind myself to say Sata.” Sata nodded at Gabe’s comment. “Fair enough. So call me what you're used to,” Sata told Gabe, shrugging slightly. He really didn't give a shit what Gabe called him since it was nice to know he had a real name. Sata had been a name he gave himself when he got tired of people not knowing what to call him.
“I—I mean, why wouldn’t they? They’re my parents,” Gabe stressed to him. “And you’re my brother. You’re an important person in my life and you’re an important person in theirs. I only spent my entire life talking about you.” Sata returned Gabe's strange look with a confused one of his own. He hadn't thought about that one. Why would he really? It wasn't like he had known (let alone remembered) that he had a twin brother out there somewhere.
“That's true I guess,” Sata conceded, shrugging again. “Can't really blame me for asking though. It's not like I knew I was technically missing,” Sata joked a bit, continuing to chop the vegetables. It felt kinda weird to be talking about slightly mushy shit with his twin, but at the same time it made sense. Who else could he really stand here and bullshit with about this crap if not his own twin? He supposed he could talk to Bella about the stuff going on, but they didn't really talk about extremely personal junk. Not when they had much more interesting things to do instead.
Bella only knew about Gabe and his meeting because he had run into Gabe on his way into the Manky Boot on Christmas Eve. Sata had needed to talk to someone about the crazy shit that had happened and Bella had been easy to talk to. Seemed like it was even easier talking to Gabriel. Sata could only imagine what Gabe's parents would be like when he finally met them. Taking both of them back on point for a moment, Sata asked Gabe what their next step was.
“Okay….so now that I've successfully chopped up these vegetables without cutting off one of my f**king fingers, what the next step bro?” Sata asked Gabriel, placing the knife he had been using into the sink.

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 06:24 AM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 49

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Gabe shrugged. Sergi made a good point, of course he wouldn’t be thinking about Gabe all those years but now that they had found each other wasn’t it evident that Gabe had been thinking about him? If he’d followed some rumour to a magical mountain town in the middle of nowhere? Away from his friends and his family? Well, most of his family. Gabe felt his inside warm at the thought of Sergi being his family.

“Not anymore,” he said as he leaned over to inspect Sata’s handiwork. They weren’t…horrible. And Gabe was sure that they flavours would still come out despite the awful way they had been butchered. “Go pre-heat the oven to 175°,” he said. Cutting the vegetables was the easy part, making the eggs the right balance of being mixed but not too mixed was going to take awhile and Gabe wanted the frittatta to go in the moment the oven hit 175°. “And bring me four bowls. Then we’ll work on the egg mixture.”

When Sergi was done, Gabe took two of the bowls and gestured for Sata to take the other two. “We’ll mix eggs with some milk here, you want a steady ration, I usually use the egg yolk as a measurement for how much milk to add.” Gabe cracked a couple eggs, separating the whites and the yellows and added the appropriate amount of milk. “Now you try.” If Sergi messed up the ration then he would have to start all over. That was why Gabe had brought a bunch of eggs.

“I wouldn’t have let you cut your fingers off anyway, Sergi,” he said slightly amused. “How would I explain that to Mum? She’d kill me.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sata
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 04:13 PM

Ogre

Age / 34 | Height / 6'5

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

single /

Post Count/ 140

Candie | She/Her/Hers

“Not anymore,” Gabe said, leaning over to inspect his handiwork. Sata chuckled as Gabe seemed to scrutinizing his chopping skills. “Yeah….guess I'm not exactly missing anymore am I?” he joked, watching Gabe scrutinize his work. Since Gabe wasn't technically bitching about his skills, Sata had to assume he did a decent job. “Go pre-heat the oven to 175°,” Gabe told him, making Sata shrug. Sata walked over to his oven and charmed the damn thing to heat up to a certain temp. Once that was done, Sata waited for Gabe's next instruction. “And bring me four bowls. Then we’ll work on the egg mixture.”
Sata shrugged again as he obediantly went to fetch the bowls as Gabe instructed. After handing the bowls to Gabriel, Sata listened as his twin continued their cooking lesson. “We’ll mix eggs with some milk here, you want a steady ration, I usually use the egg yolk as a measurement for how much milk to add.” Sata watched intently as Gabe separated the yolks and whites from each other before adding milk to the bowl with the egg yolks. “Now you try.” Sata gave Gabe a skeptical look before rolling his eyes slightly. Grabbing up an egg from the carton, Sata cracked the damn thing against the side of the bowl and began trying to separate the yolk as he watched Gabe do. Sata grumbled under his breath when the yolk broke halfway through.
Sata threw the damn egg away and began again. He managed to get the next yolk in the bowl without breaking it, before picking up another one. He managed to get that one in as well without screwing it up. He tried two more eggs, getting them in the bowls without screwing up too bad. Now came the milk part. F**k. Sata poured milk into the bowl, trying to match the look of Gabriel's. However, he over poured and splashed the counter with the mixture. “Shit!” He grumbled, pouring the contents out into the sink. Sata mopped up the mess he made on the counter before starting again. Sata went through about a dozen eggs before he got the process about halfway right.

“I wouldn’t have let you cut your fingers off anyway, Sergi,” Gabriel said slightly amused. “How would I explain that to Mum? She’d kill me.” Sata laughed at the idea that Gabriel's mom would be mad at Gabe for Sata getting hurt under Gabriel's watch. The whole idea was weird to him since he'd never had to deal with a real family issue. It made more sense for her to be pissed at Sata for Gabe getting hurt than the other way around though. “If you say so man,” Sata laughed, letting the fact that Gabe called him Sergi sink in. Somehow the name sounded both weird and oddly right in regards to him. “I would have thought she'd be more pissed off if it was the other way around. Ya know, you getting hurt and her getting pissed at me for it,” he told Gabe.
“So what's the next step here?” Sata asked his brother, looking over the weird egg mixture in front of them.

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 08:33 AM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 49

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

It was funny to watch his mirror image struggle in the kitchen, sort of like looking in a really bad fun house mirror. It was him, but it wasn’t him. Gabe was kind of enjoying himself as he watched the hulking version of himself break yolks and drops eggshells. Kind of. Mostly he felt torn as he watched the food waste in front of him and thought about the feast he could have finished making by now if Sergi wasn’t so bad at cracking eggs.

“Alright,” Gabe said, taking a silent, deep breath. “It’s okay, when you mess up just put those in a separate bowl. We can do something with those eggs later.” It was an interesting contradiction that Sergi came up with and Gabe supposed there was some truth to it, but at the same time… “I don’t think she wants either of us hurting the other one,” he explained. “If I hurt you then she raised a bad son. If you hurt me then well,” Gabe shrugged. That one was evident.

When the eggs were properly cracked and separated, Gabe handed Sergi a whisk. “Now we’re going to whip the whites until they sort of froth.” The technique was to get air into them and end with a fluffier product. It was Gabe’s little trick to whisk the whites first until they were foamy and then mix that into the yolks and the milk so that the yolks weren’t too over beaten which could result in a tougher finished product and be counter intuitive to the whipping of the whites. “Use a circular motion like this so that you can trap air into the whites.”

Gabe flicked his wrist in a circular motion quickly, keeping his arm steady so that the egg whites were brought up like a wave and slapped back down into the bowl. It wasn’t a difficult technique to imitate and he definitely didn’t want to see any sort of 7-year-old cookie stirring from Sergi. “It’ll get them frothier faster even if it hurts your wrist.” When GAbe had first started cooking the motion had irritated his wrists but by now it was as simple as lifting weights were for a body builder.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse