Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
An Earthquake briefly hit Greylock in February
Repairs and recoveries are ongoing.

The final game is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late April--Early May| Highs 65°F/ Lows 45°F
Snow is melting and the weather has returned to seasonal expectations.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

From thin air...
Sofia Moon
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 06:20 PM

Sof

Age / 18 | Height / 5'9"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Winnipeg, Canada

Single Pringle / Herself

Post Count/ 148

Reanie / Ren | She/Her/Hers

With her hand leaning on the palm of her hand, Sofia followed the words and movements of the Transfiguration professor with interest and ease. Her concentration level was phenomenal, especially seen during the hours of self-study in the library. The gorgeous face of the professor did help, but the affection she showed in her eyes wasn’t because she had a cliché, unrealistic crush on a man that was probably a decade older. No face could create an affection within her that could surpass her affection for the subject, Transfiguration. Her skill as an Animagus, which she acquired a few months back, was evidence for it. During her study sessions, she would always study for transfiguration last. The witch knew that she would otherwise spend way too long in the depths of the books about transfiguration. It had happened way too often. Even though she didn’t regret it because she wouldn’t have become an Animagus otherwise.

Conjurations was something that Sofia had read about years ago already, so her knowledge of it was quite extensive even though the practice lacked. The subject of the lesson excited her. It did so much that she couldn’t hide her bright smile. The girl was quite busy trying to think of an object and a mammal to conjure. “an Elephant would be pretty epic,” she mumbled to herself. Sofia imagined the look on Professor Blair’s face when she could conjure such a big mammal. It might make him remember her. An impressed professor might help her get into a good magical law enforcement study. Good references were always a plus. The bird wouldn’t be difficult for her the conjure. She had tried it before to practice. Besides, snakes and birds were the easiest to do. At least, if she had to trust the books from the library.

Sofia looked beside her at Logan. “Do you know anything you want to conjure?

PM
^
Logan Beaumont IV
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 10:51 PM

Mr. Society

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York City, New York

Taken / Bridget Lavale

Post Count/ 133

Kara |

Logan entered the Transfiguration classroom and took a seat next to Sofia. He found that he could talk to the older girl pretty easily, and as such, he started to work with her in class more often. A bonus was that it kept him further away from Bridget, although the thought was quite conflicting, and he hated that he found himself in the same predicament that he was in with Chloe at the beginning of the year. He didn’t want Bridget to feel as though he was avoiding her, but the distance would hopefully help him get over his feelings before he lost another friend to his stupidity. Logan glanced across the room at her, allowing himself to watch her longer than anticipated, and his gaze only broke from her when Sofia began talking next to him.

“I was thinking about trying to conjure a dragon for the texture requirement.” It was a reminder of the Charms class that earned him detention, which was right before Bridget ended up in the hospital wing. Somehow, everything that happened to him before midterm revolved around Katie’s older sister. It wasn’t always a bad thing, but she had become a large part of his daily life, which made letting his feelings go even more challenging.

“I might shoot for a Dragon Orchid Moontail Betta for the live fish part.” He remembered seeing various Betta fish in his father’s office. They always caught his attention because of their colors and differently shaped tails. Logan also thought they were pretty interesting because they could survive in such a small area. It reminded him of Bridget, taking whatever was thrown at her and surviving. He pulled out his colored pencils and black paper with a sigh. Even when he was actively trying to not think of her, there she was, appearing in his thoughts.

He set the pencils in the middle of the table so that Sofia could use them if she desired. Picking out an off white and lighter shade of purple, Logan began sketching an outline of the fish. “What about you? What will you be working on?”

Sofia Moon

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sofia Moon
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 01:05 PM

Sof

Age / 18 | Height / 5'9"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single Pringle / Herself

Post Count/ 148

A dragon?” Sofia thought about it for a second. Dragons did have an interesting texture, it would be fun to transfigure such a texture from thin air. The seventh-year student had only seen the real-life version through the pensieve of her great-grandfather. Even though it was a memory, she was fascinated by the texture of the dragon in question – which was a Peruvian Vipertooth, if she remembered it correctly. The dragon had smooth scales, something probably not as appropriate for the conjuration assignment. “Which kind? I would recommend a Hebridean Black.” Her magical creature loving grandfather also had mini versions of ten different kind of dragons in his office. Thinking about it, made her feel homesick even though she didn’t consider the Winnipeg residence her home anymore.

For a second, the older Wampus was confused. A fish? Sofia wanted to tell Logan that fishes weren’t mammals, but then she remembered. The boy was a year below her. She often forgot that tiny detail. While talking to him, it felt like they were on the same page. It probably was because of their similar background. Besides that, appearance and personality-wise the boy actually seemed a lot older than his age. High society pureblood culture has effect on people. They asked them to act older than their age. They were forced into marriage before they even could take one step into adulthood. Sofia had never been afraid of the latter, though. Her self-centered father got married at the age of 40. If he hadn’t married her mother then, he wouldn’t have gotten the position as head of the family. Her family had set that rule for a reason: fertility. The head – regardless if it is a man or a woman – should be able to produce successors. Her grandparents had been disappointed that her parents had only been able to produce two – the latter one by ‘accident’. The more descendants the head had, the more options the family would have for the perfect heir.

That sounds awfully specific,” Sofia wasn’t able to imagine the specific fish in her mind, “Never seen one.” Perhaps she should have paid more attention during the non-magical studies field trip in her sixth year. They had gone to a museum, which included an aquarium. It wasn’t her best day of her life, so there had been a little bit of drama between her and Gia and a little bit of Guiles. Luckily, it had been solved quite easily. A lot easier than she had expected. “Me?” She hadn’t really thought about the other two. The girl stared a solid minute at Logan sketching his fish, before telling him. “For the mammal, I thought about doing an elephant. Don’t know if I could manage to do it and if Professor Blair would appreciate it, though. Sometimes I go too far in my passion for transfiguration that I forget my limitation.

Conjuring the biggest mammal on the plant would definitely get her some praises, but she hadn’t a lot of experience in it. Even though she had the passion and the natural talent in Transfiguration, perhaps her ambition took it too far by thinking she could manage to conjure the large mammal. “For the bird, a parrot would be nice. It’s pretty and not as big as an elephant,” she picked a few colorful pencils as if she wanted to draw a rainbow. After trying to draw a silhouette of a bird, she stared at the creation in horror. “Oh merlin, I really suck at drawing. Maybe I should do a tennis ball, instead.

PM
^
Logan Beaumont IV
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 02:16 PM

Mr. Society

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York City, New York

Taken / Bridget Lavale

Post Count/ 133

Kara |

Logan glanced over at Sofia and nodded at her question. “Yeah, I’m thinking if I can get the transfiguration right, I might make one for a friend who really likes dragons.” Thinking about the Charms lesson brought a smile to his face, even though it landed him in detention and brought forth a lot of other drama afterwards. “I’m thinking a Ukrainian Ironbelly.” It was the animated dragon that had climbed up his sleeve after all. It was a mischievous little thing that tried to burn him. “I’ve never seen a Hebridean Black. Do you like dragons?” He looked at her curiously because of her specific suggestion.

“Betta fish are pretty interesting because they only need a small amount of water to survive.” He twirled the purple colored pencil through his fingers as he appeared deep in thought. “It is admirable to be that resilient despite the circumstances. Sometimes I envy the fish.” He turned to look at Sofia. “When I was younger I spent a lot of time at my father’s business, so I would get bored and wander around. He had a few large aquariums in his office, but my favorite fish to look at was the Betta. The males have various tails, my favorite being the Moontail. It gets its name by the way the tail curves to resemble a crescent moon.” Sofia didn’t seem very familiar with the Betta fish, so he decided to offer her some background and include a bit about himself.

Logan sketched in silence as he gave Sofia a chance to figure out what she wanted to work on. He set the pencil down and turned towards her. “High ambitions.” He laughed a bit and gave her a smirk. “You could always give it a shot and go from there. I am sure the Professor might not be thrilled, but still, I think an elephant would leave an impression.” Logan shrugged a bit before smiling down at his drawing. “The only limitations we have are the ones we set for ourselves. I think you should go for it.”

He watched as she selected a few colorful pencils from the pile and began working on her drawing of a parrot. “A parrot is a good choice. They are pretty colorful. Which kind of parrot are you thinking?” He started blending in the white with the purple base he had put down first, but paused when she stated that she should pick a tennis ball instead. Logan tried not to laugh at her sketch, he was no artist, but couldn’t help it. “May I?” He reached for her drawing and took the green colored pencil. He added in some lines next to her to change the shape of the bird a bit. “There. Now it looks less chicken-like.” After he handed her drawing back to her, he tapped a pencil on the desk. “So, have you talked to Rosie about things at all?”

Sofia Moon

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sofia Moon
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 01:51 PM

Sof

Age / 18 | Height / 5'9"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single Pringle / Herself

Post Count/ 148

That’s kind of you,” Sofia said, silently wondering who the lucky person would be. Was it a girl? Female students would probably go crazy if they saw their precious muscular captain giving another girl a present. It would be cute though and something she wouldn’t really expect from the guy. There were other possibilities, but her lack of knowledge on boys made her think that guys didn’t exchange gifts that often. It could also be for his younger brother, but Sofia didn’t know Hunter well enough to know his interests. “Ukrainian Ironbelly,” the girl stopped talking for a second, trying to picture the specific dragon before shooting a timid smile at Logan, “Also a good choice.” Her suggestion was a bit in vain because the boy had apparently never seen one before.

Yeah, kind of. I’m a bit obsessed with creatures. I always get really happy when I see them. A bit too happy.” The Korean-Canadian girl giggled with her hand covering her mouth while she thought about how excited she would get even if she just saw a puffskein. Somehow, she turned into a little kid around magical creatures. However, non-magical creatures didn’t have the same effect on her. “All of the school’s pukwudgies avoid me. My great-grandfather has a pensieve I was allowed to look into quite often. Due to being the founder of DOMU, he has seen a lot of creatures and put them inside of the thing. Besides, my grandfather has miniature dragons in his office.” It felt weird to talk about her family and reminiscing about when they were still connected. Through blood they were, but not through feelings.

The seventh-year listened carefully to his description of a Betta Fish. She tried to remember if she had seen such a fish in the aquarium at the non-magical museum. It sounded like a pretty one. Nevertheless, she didn’t remember any fish like that. Fishes were non-magical creatures, so she hadn’t been all that interested in them during the school trip. Sofia has always been quite sure of her tastes and her honesty, which had gotten her in trouble during that trip. Her eyes followed the boy’s hands gracing the parchment with some pretty decent drawing skills. The thought of envying a fish made her smile a little. It was a unique thought. Logan looked at her after seemingly being deep in thought, which surprised her a little. The girl kept the eye contact between them going while she listened to his personal experience with the fish. “Sounds like me,” she murmured as the younger Wampus told her about wandering around. The part about the Moontail intrigued her quite a bit. Perhaps because of her surname. “They sound beautiful. I hope you are able to conjure them. I would like to meet a fellow Moon,” she joked softly.

Logan’s encouragements did her good. She really missed someone that encouraged her passion for transfiguration. The person that did it before had suddenly left without a proper, physical goodbye. Sofia hoped that Guiles was alright. She hoped that he still got the present that she had given him after hours of using different transfiguration spells. Would he even have time to think about his friends at Ilvermorny. Despite her solemn thoughts, she still laughed together with the Quidditch captain. Her ambitions in Transfiguration were indeed high. That was proven in her ability to morph into a Chow Chow. “Thanks, I should probably give a heads up, though. I don’t think an elephant fits in this room,” the witch smiled back at the young wizard, “I’ll at least try.” The latter part was spoken a bit softer – similar to a whisper.

A rainbow Lorikeet,” Sofia told him, while she was focusing on coloring the bird’s blue. “They are pretty,” she admitted. She was still a girl, so pretty animals – even though not magical - still fascinated her. Sometimes, she could be simplistic, as well. It surprised her when Logan suddenly reached over to correct her drawing a little bit. “Sure,” she mumbled a bit flustered. She wasn’t used to people being in her personal space, especially not those of the opposite gender. The witch scoffed out of embarrassment. “It didn’t really look like a chicken, right?” A blush appeared on her soft cheeks. So, she was really that bad in drawing, She observed the drawing for a few seconds, it actually looked a lot better, but she still had some pride that she should protect “It does indeed look better,” she pouted, still a little bit in denial that it looked like a chicken, “but just a little bit.

The topic of the conversation changed to her little sister, which took her off-guard. It had been a few weeks since their talk on the floor of the corridors. “Rosie? I haven’t yet. The timing always seems a bit off,” Sofia continued with coloring her parrot, “We still have relatives at school that keep an eye on us. I’m pretty much banned from talking to her because of bad influence etcetera. Besides, every time I see her smile. I just don’t want to ruin it. She smiles often, by the way.” Rosemary’s smiles always had the ability to make her smile bright, as well. The smiles were too precious to ruin. “I also don’t think you want a distracted keeper before the last game of the year. I will tell her just before summer. I don’t want her to worry about her summer and future. It might ruin the last few months of her first year.” It sounded like a proper plan. There were a lot of kids of her cousins that walked around the school. They were always giving her disgusted looks, especially if she was in the same corridor or place as Rosemary.

Her parents didn’t want her to influence her little sister, even though she was the one that practically raised the young witch. “I’ll probably stay in Greylock. So she can visit me all she wants when she finally is in her third year. I would appreciate it if you could kind of take care of her next year, though. Her life might get a lot harder because of my parents.” Her eyes were filled with concern for the smaller Moon girl. It felt weird to ask for a request. However, she didn’t really know anyone better. Blake would graduate together with her. Guiles would have graduated with them, as well. Logan was the best choice after them. Rosemary knew and respected him.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse