Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Voronins & Gargoyles
Sorin Voronin
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 07:03 PM

Age / 12

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / London, UK

Too Young /

Author Alias / Reanie

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 23

History of Magic was despite being sometimes boring – even to Sorin – quite interesting from time to time, especially if they were allowed to be debating. Fortunately for him, that was the case today. However, it worried him a bit. Sometimes, he could get really fired up during a discussion and he didn’t want to scare away potential friends. The boy was luckily seated beside his older twin-sister during the class. It was quite a habit for him to be as close to Sorcha as possible, especially in new situations.

The substitute professor purpose of the day seemed to be making the lesson as un-boring as possible. While looking around, he could see his female classmates already crushing on Professor St-Pierre. Was he French? Was he handsome? Did such a man look handsome? Of course, he was a lot taller than Sorin. In contrast to his female classmates, Sorin was actually intrigued by the Gargoyle Strike of 1911 itself. Hesitantly, the British bloke raised his hand to answer the question about. “The Gargoyles were on the winning side until some wizards decided to destroy the Gargoyles and then a bloody battle began.” A proud smile appeared on his face as Professor St-Pierre told him that it was an excellent fact.

The lesson continued and they were split up into groups. As first-years, Sorin stayed in the same group as Sorcha. They had to discuss the side of the Gargoyles. He didn’t really know if his sister wanted to discuss anything about the subject, but he was already happy enough that he could finally work together with her during class. “Do you want to discuss anything or do something else?” he asked her.

PM
^
Sorcha Voronin
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 09:25 AM

Age / 12

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / London, England

Her wand /

Author Alias / Sorcha

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 10

History of Magic, now this was an essential class! Sorcha eagerly walked into the classroom ready to absorb all the knowledge this new professor gave her like a sponge.

In a sea of new people, Sorcha found her little twin brother Sorin and happily sat next to him. "Ready to get your learning on brotha?" It was a redundant question, she knew he was, but she was just happy to see him again since they belonged to different houses.

She wished they would've received the same but alas it didn't work out that way. It was ok as she really liked being a Wampus, the house of the warriors! She didn't ask her brother if he liked being a Horned Serpent yet, but knowing him for her whole life... why wouldn't he? It was the house of intellectuals!

Sorcha laughed as some of her classmates literally swooned over the new professor. She could admit the lad was quite handsome, but he was their teacher and certain boundaries must be kept at all times.

The brunette smiled at her brother when he correctly answered the question. "Nice one Sorin!!"

When they were paired off into groups Sorcha was heart-broken. Aurors worked for the MACUSA and the second years got to be the MACUSA. The first years were assigned to be gargoyles. While Sorcha personally had nothing against gargoyles, she would have much rather not been one.

She turned her attention to her brother. “Do you want to discuss anything or do something else?” She sighed "I would've liked to have been part of the MACUSA team but its alright. Well Professa St-Pierre mentioned why the gargoyles stopped working." She put her finger to her head as she thought of a possible idea. "Well if I was a gargoyle that worked in the MACUSA, I would stop working if people didn't respect me while I was doing my job. Gargoyles literally provide us all with water, an essential element of life. So I would be pretty pissed if the same people I gave this to weren't being appreciative."

She then shrugged. "Would that be right?"

OOC: Sorry for the delayed response, I'll try to keep it more controlled now that school started up again.
Sorin Voronin

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Sorin Voronin
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 11:29 AM

Age / 12

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / London, UK

Too Young /

Author Alias / Reanie

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 23

His older sister seemed to be quite excited for the lesson. Sorin had answered the redundant question at the beginning of class with a chuckle. It wasn’t really a question that he had to answer. She already knew his answer. As a former Ravenclaw, he was quite studious. The eagerness to learn new things about dragons had through his childhood developed into his studious character. The ratio between dragon books and other educational books, he has read, wasn’t really equal. Nonetheless, sometimes he needed a break from dragons, so he read other books including those recommended by the school for their classes. Sorcha seemed to be proud of him answering the question from the professor correctly. He smiled back at her. Sometimes, he wondered how he deserved such an encouraging sister.

There was always this view that siblings bicker a lot. However, bickering wasn’t really a big part of their lives. Perhaps because they had to help their mother from a young age and work together to comfort her. Despite the hard times, he felt like his mother, father – even though it was only for a few years – and uncle did a good job in raising them. The bickering probably barely took place, because they had quite a lot of respect for one another.

Sorin didn’t really have a preference between Gargoyles and MACUSA. As a sucker for discussion and debating, he knew that it was important to practice from different perspectives. Even before his twin told him that she’d rather wanted to be representing MACUSA, he already knew her view. Like him, Sorcha had a dream job. His dream was to become a dragon breeder, her dream was to become an Auror – just like their uncle. She did seem to be open to discuss so Sorin quickly grabbed some parchment and a quill, and started to write. “I think it is partly, right.” Out of habit, he put his hands near his mouth, forgetting the quill in his hand. Ink started to smudge on his chin, but he didn’t notice as he tried to think “We need multiple reasons, but I can write down that as Gargoyles we want to be respected as living organisms and not statues. The work condition also aren’t really favorable, and the working hours are also a lot more than agreed upon. Those are good reasons, right?” He looked at his sister, asking if she agreed with his comments.

PM
^
Sorcha Voronin
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 12:12 AM

Age / 12

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / London, England

Her wand /

Author Alias / Sorcha

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 10

Sorcha was always proud of her twin brother. She knew he was far more caring and intelligent than the average wizard was. So his perfect answer wasn't a surprise to the Voronin girl.

I think it is partly, right.” Out of curtesy to her brother she heard him out. She was a little unnerved that he found an error in her statement but she knew well enough by now to trust him on the matter and he still liked it.

We need multiple reasons, but I can write down that as Gargoyles we want to be respected as living organisms and not statues. The work condition also aren’t really favorable, and the working hours are also a lot more than agreed upon. Those are good reasons, right?” Sorcha didn't want to embarrass Sorin by attempting to lick and wipe the ink of his face so instead telling him was the better option. Especially since he looked rather foolish with all of the ink covering his face.

"Um... brotha. You're making great points so far... but before we continue. I'd think you'd might rath'a like to know that you've smeared ink all over your face." She let out a little snicker out of the silliness of it all. "I can 'elp try and wash it off if you'd like? Or we can always notify Professor St-Pierre."

Sorin Voronin

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Sorin Voronin
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 08:55 AM

Age / 12

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / London, UK

Too Young /

Author Alias / Reanie

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 23

Sorin had been so focused on writing down the statements from the perspective of the Gargoyles. By quietly listening to the second years near them discussing the side of the ministry, he could write down some counter arguments. It was their own fault by being so loud. The bloke really liked discussion way too much. He even barely noticed his sister trying to catch his attention. He still looked immediately up when he heard his twin say ‘Brotha’.

The young wizard blinked, confused. The tone of her voice didn’t seem like the tone she used when discussing things. A tiny small appeared on his face as Sorcha complimented his points, but it quickly disappeared. Had he ink on his face? Was it smeared all over his face? “Really?” he murmured as the situation was slowly processed by his brain. The sudden embarrassment suddenly made him blush and his fair skin caused it to be really obvious. Quickly, he tried to rub it away with the back of his hand, worsening the situation on his face. The black curls on his head were dancing around as he tried to get rid of the ink.

The younger twin showed the Wampus his face – which looked really funny – so that she could inspect. “Is it gone?” he asked. Sorin felt as if people were staring at him, which made him uncomfortable. From his reflection in her eyes, he could tell there was still something on his face. “Bloody hell, what kind of ink is this?” he complained and tried to rub it away, again. This time, it also didn’t work. “Maybe the professor knows a cleaning spell,” he gave in. Sorin preferred being independent in things, but there was no other choice. It wasn’t as if the classroom had a sink. It would be even more embarrassing if Sorcha cleaned his face with her spit. Even though they were twins, it still sounded disgusting.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/