Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
An Earthquake briefly hit Greylock in February
Repairs and recoveries are ongoing.

The final game is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late April--Early May| Highs 65°F/ Lows 45°F
Snow is melting and the weather has returned to seasonal expectations.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

Volunteer? I think not, Site plot---Ilvermorny
Buffy Stratford
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 11:25 PM

The Buffster

Age / 15 | Height / 5'3

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Santa Monica, CA

Dating the Amazing Walter Willow /

Post Count/ 123

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Buffy liked working with plants most of the time even though she and dirt didn’t really mesh well together. She wasn’t a bit fan of it at all. Herbology class was just another place where she had to stick her manicured fingernails into dirt and get her hands dirty somehow. She really did not like getting her hands dirty. She hadn’t minded it much when she had been with Sawyer last year at his aunt’s place helping him do farm work even though she was horrid at it. You can take the girl out of the Valley, but you can’t take the Valley out of the girl...or whatever the saying was. Buffy wasn’t really sure to be honest.

As Buffy walked from the Pukwudgie common room to the Greenhouse for class she couldn’t help wondering why their teacher had asked them to wear clothes they didn’t mind getting wet. Buffy really had no such clothes other than her swimsuits which were meant to be for getting wet. She wasn’t about to wear one of her bikinis however to class for everyone to see. That would be uncivilized and her mother would go ballistic if she knew about it. Buffy stuck with her normal school clothes and would just have to be happy with that.

Buffy was walking across the way from the castle to the Greenhouses when she felt a strange breeze blow across her cheek, making her hair tickle her face. Buffy brushed the errant strands away from her face and turned in the direction the wind seemed to come from. A much stronger wind blew through the area, whipping Buffy’s hair up around her face with more force than before. Buffy fought to keep her errant hair out of her face, but it became more difficult to as the wind got stronger. It was the strangest wind breeze Buffy had ever felt outside of the Santa Ana winds. It was warm like the Santa Ana’s too. For the few minutes it took her to get from the castle to the Greenhouse, Buffy was caught up in the weirdest wind thing she had ever seen.

By the time the Pukwudgie had reached the Greenhouse doors, the strange breeze had died out and her hair was an absolute mess. She was still trying to finger-comb her hair back into place as she walked into the Greenhouse for class. Buffy stopped dead in her tracks at the sight of the giant tank of water in the room. Buffy glanced at it curious before walking around it to stand in spot nearby. Buffy was still busy running her fingers through her hair, trying to work all the knots out of it when Professor Watson began talking about their lesson. Gillyweed? Buffy looked up from combing out her hair to see the strange green stuff in the jar that the professor was holding. It looked really nasty. Buffy was not about to volunteer to eat something that looked like overcooked kale.

Between not being dressed for such a lesson to volunteer for and her hair being a ratted mess, Buffy was not enjoying her latest Herbology lesson. She wasn’t all that surprised to see one of the Holger guys volunteer for such a thing. He was a Thunderbird afterall. They were all about that kind of thing right? Despite spending time around the twins for classes, Buffy still had no idea which twin was which. She was a little surprised to see Ariel volunteer for such a thing. She didn’t think the moody redhead was in any way interested in doing spontaneous things. Although, she had seen her at the Pureblood party in the woods. Maybe she did have a weird little spark in her or something. Buffy shrugged.

Buffy couldn’t help chuckling a little when another student volunteered himself as a Tribute. She had seen the movies and read the books so the reference was amusing to hear during a Herbology lesson. Better him than her at this point, she thought to herself, looking up occasionally from her detangling task.”Like, stupid wind,” she grumbled to herself as she worked on a particularly tangled portion of her hair. “Ugh...like, why did that weird wind have to mess up my hair?” she half whined, half grumbled to herself. Her attention on the current lesson was practically non-existent as she fought with her hair.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 11:57 AM

Age / 15 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Minsk, Belarus

Single / n/a

Post Count/ 166

The Foxy One | Any

Tanya headed to the greenhouses with a smile on her face. Smiling slowly started to come easier to her. At first it was strange and sometimes she had to force herself to do it, but lately the smiles came quicker and it made her happier. It could also be that herbology class was one of her favorites and Professor Watson's warning for the next class had her intrigued. Would they be examining plants that grew in the water? Kepler grew a few of those in her greenhouses, but not many. Only those in high demand for potions. As for class, Tanya was prepared and charmed her clothes to repel water.

Outside, she fell in behind a handful of students headed the same way when the wind suddenly picked up. Tanya hardly noticed the first strange stirring of the breeze but absolutely felt the stronger gust that flipped her hair forward and threatened to whip her skirt up. The green girl hurried to press her skirt down and buckled down for it to pass. Surely it was just a passing gust, right? But it kept going and Tanya got moving. She jogged the rest of the way to class but as she got close to the greenhouses the wind died down and everything was back to normal.

With a huff Tanya used magic to right her hair and rumpled clothes before entering the class. Immediately the giant tank caught her attention and she excitedly wondered what kind of plant they would be working with that would require such a large tank! Even more wondrous, however was the play of light and shadows created by the water and greenhouse, it was marvelous and Tanya was so caught up studying the shape and form of the colors that she nearly forgot to turn in the homework. It was hard, but she turned herself away and pushed her focus to class and not art.

Professor Watson addressed the class and announced that today they would be studying gillyweed. Tanya has suspected that might be it, but had hoped other magical water plants would be chosen as well. She was familiar with the plant, and nodded along as the Professor described its properties and unusual effect when consumed. When he asked for volunteers Tanya felt her stomach do a flip. She cursed inwardly as the first thing she thought of was the nickname that Witch Wicked! gave her and that she didn't need any more association with gills and water. She fumed silently for several moments before taking a deep breath.

Yes, it made her think of that awful nickname but did she really want to volunteer? No, she didn't. Tanya was quite happy to observe and study, she didn't need to be in the tank for that. The green girl settled into her spot by the tank, waiting for those who volunteered to eat the gillyweed and go in. That's when she heard the younger girl beside her struggling with her hair. The girls' name name was. . . Buffy Stratford if Tanya remembered right. And she usually did.

"I could help fix you hair." Tanya said and motioned with her wand that she could charm the other girl's hair straight again. "The wind was strange, wasn't it? It acted up on my way to class. Perhaps the weather charms on the mountain need replacing?" It seemed like a good explanation to her.

Buffy Stratford
PM
^
Buffy Stratford
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 05:21 PM

The Buffster

Age / 15 | Height / 5'3

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 123

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Buffy was still trying to undo the horrible tangle in her hair, occasionally glancing towards the tank when she heard the older girl next to her start to speak. "I could help fix you hair." Buffy glanced up at the girl who spoke the offer and was surprised to Tanya standing beside her. The poor green girl that had wound up being an article in that horrible gossip rag not once, but a few times. Buffy couldn’t stand gossip rags. They always had they facts mixed up and the stuff they printed messed up people’s lives. It was sickening. It was also part of the reason why she was glad she never wound up in the papers for anything related to her family. “Like, you can?” Buffy asked her older counterpart, delight in her voice. “Like, that would be fantastic!!” Thank Merlin for this beautiful green person. Buffy would totally hug her for the offer, but she had a small feeling that Tanya might not want to be touched so she refrained from doing so.

"The wind was strange, wasn't it? It acted up on my way to class. Perhaps the weather charms on the mountain need replacing?" Buffy’s eyes widened as Tanya spoke some more. “Like, it happened to you too?!!” she asked the older girl in surprise. “Like, me too. Like, how weird is that? Like, I’ve been stuck in the Santa Ana winds before, but that was just plain old weird outside.” Buffy felt her brows furrow a bit in confusion. There was a weather charm placed on the mountain? Was that why is was almost always perfect weather in Greylock? The little brunette had no idea that could even be a thing. “Like, there’s a weather charm on the mountain?” Buffy asked her, knowing how her question sounded. “Is that why this place always seemed to have like perfect weather or something?” There was still soo much about the wizarding community that Buffy was completely ignorant of.

Tanya Rhonimus

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 07:48 PM

Age / 15 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single / n/a

Post Count/ 166

The Foxy One | Any

Buffy seemed ecstatic by her offer. Tanya gave the younger girl a quick smile then pointed her wand towards the top of the girl's head. One muttered spell later and Buffy's hair magically detangled itself and was smooth and straight again. Normally Tanya preferred to do things the physical way when it came to hair but she had neither a brush nor the time for a proper detangle. At least this way the younger girl will be able to focus on class. "It's my pleasure. You have nice hair, you must take good care of it."

Tanya listened as Buffy described her own strange encounter with the wind. She compared it to the winds in a place Tanya never heard of. Though, surprisingly, Buffy didn't seem to know about the weather charms. "Yes," Tanya said. "They've been brought up in History of Magic class." Though she supposed that was an easy fact to miss as that class could be dry. Reading the history books in her own time was more interesting then being lectured on it.

"I'm sure things will be back to normal soon. They'll renew the charms or put up new ones and then there will be no more hair disasters." She finished with a slight smile. Jokes were kinda fun to tell. Soon, her attention was pulled back to the tank as volunteers dived in. Tanya wasn't surprised to see Olly was one of them. "I think it would feel rather queer to suddenly be able to breathe underwater." She said as her classmates got used to the effects of the plant.

Buffy Stratford
PM
^
Buffy Stratford
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 01:29 AM

The Buffster

Age / 15 | Height / 5'3

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 123

Candie | She/Her/Hers

"It's my pleasure. You have nice hair, you must take good care of it." Buffy beamed at her slightly older counterpart. “Like, thank you soo much for that!” Buffy told Tanya, running her fingers through her now perfect hair. “Like, I try to keep it nice, but that wind just like totally messed up my hair,” Buffy halfway pouted. “And like, I would have brushed it out myself, but like I forgot my brush in like my other bag. So like, I couldn’t just brush it out. You are like a total life-saver!!” Buffy told her classmate.

"Yes," Tanya told her in response to her question about the weather charms. "They've been brought up in History of Magic class." Buffy nodded. She vaguely remembered the professor droning on about some type of spells being used around the town itself. Unfortunately, History of Magic class was just soo boring that Buffy completely blocked out most of what was said during the lectures. “Ah...but like that class is soo boring sometimes. Like, who remembers all that stuff that the professor drones on and on about?” Buffy shrugged slightly at her own question. History of Magic wasn’t really one of Buffy’s better subjects.

"I'm sure things will be back to normal soon. They'll renew the charms or put up new ones and then there will be no more hair disasters." Buffy giggled at Tanya’s joke. “Like, let’s hope not,” Buffy agreed with her. “Like, I can’t keep you in my pocket to like help with hair emergencies if it doesn’t,” Buffy joked back, giggling at her own little adage. "I think it would feel rather queer to suddenly be able to breathe underwater." Buffy nodded her head vigorously, turning her attention back to the people hanging out in the tank in the room. “Like, that would have to be soo weird. Like, I would be soo afraid of like drowning or something,” Buffy said to her classmate, shivering involuntarily.

Tanya Rhonimus

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 03:35 PM

Age / 15 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single / n/a

Post Count/ 166

The Foxy One | Any

Tanya normally didn't carry a brush around with her, perhaps she should. Once out of her room she used magic to fix any hair problems. Which were quite few given the calm, predictable weather of Greylock. Er, usually predictable weather. As for History class Tanya could understand the boring part. "I stay awake by taking down notes and writing questions I wish to look up later. Sometimes the professor mentions an event that I become curious about. Or they talk of a past event briefly that I wish to know more off. Then I'm combining what we learn in class with things I want to learn." There could be no doubt she was a Horned Serpent at heart.

Buffy made a joke in return about keeping Tanya in her pocket. The girl quirked her lips as such a thing was possible thanks to magic. Speaking of magic, to think there were plants capable of such strong transfiguration as to turn people into semi-aquatic. . . er, people. Of course magical plants were potent, but there are many wizards and witches in the world who would shy away from doing such a thing with their own magic. "Yes, drowning could be a possibility if one were to go deep underwater and loose track of time.

"I think it would be hardest to take that first breath in the water. Our brains would naturally fight the desire. It would be unsettling to take a gulp of water, expecting it to be water, and it is, but it's also air?" Tanya pressed herself closer to the glass to better view her classmate's new gills. She certainly didn't want first hand experience as her imagination was enough. Watching was much less stressful.

Buffy Stratford
PM
^
Buffy Stratford
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 11:37 PM

The Buffster

Age / 15 | Height / 5'3

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 123

Candie | She/Her/Hers

"I stay awake by taking down notes and writing questions I wish to look up later. Sometimes the professor mentions an event that I become curious about. Or they talk of a past event briefly that I wish to know more off. Then I'm combining what we learn in class with things I want to learn." Tanya told her when she mentioned the History of Magic class boring her to tears. Tanya’s method of staying awake for that class just sounded far more boring. Buffy normally didn’t need to take notes for most classes since she could really just read the material and it was burned into her memory for all time. Beauties of having a photographic memory. She never forgot anything she saw or read. It didn’t make her any smarter for any of her classes, but it did come in handy from time to time.

"Like, I personally would be like fighting to stay awake if like I had to do that,” Buffy told Tanya. “Like, I’m not the best at like taking notes anyway.” Buffy really didn’t spend a lot of time in the library to begin with. She probably should, but she couldn’t bring herself to do it. With every other activity going on, including being on the student council again, Buffy was usually amazed that she found any time to study at all. "Yes, drowning could be a possibility if one were to go deep underwater and loose track of time.” Tanya said to her comment of being afraid of drowning. Buffy gave the older girl a slightly panicked look at that comment. Yet another reason why she was glad that she hadn’t volunteered to eat the weird plant and go for a swim. She hadn’t really wanted to see her fingers and toes get all webbed up. She also really didn’t want to have gills like a fish. That would have weirded her out something awful.

"I think it would be hardest to take that first breath in the water. Our brains would naturally fight the desire. It would be unsettling to take a gulp of water, expecting it to be water, and it is, but it's also air?" Tanya commented, making Buffy wrinkle her nose at the older girl. “Like, I can see that, but it would like be sooo weird,” Buffy replied, shaking her head at the idea. The idea of being able to breathe air through water was just way too weird to Buffy. Buffy stepped a little bit closer to the tank like Tanya to try and get a look at their classmates who were swimming around. The gills on them just looked soo strange and wrong. There were some things about the wizarding world that just confused the hell out of the little brunette.

Tanya Rhonimus

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 02:29 PM

Age / 15 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single / n/a

Post Count/ 166

The Foxy One | Any

Buffy's answer wasn't the one Tanya expected but the green girl supposed it was an honest one. Her methods of staying involved in the class simply wasn't for everyone. The content of the class would always be fascinating to Tanya, but that was neither here nor there. They were in Herbology so best to focus on that. Tanya's comment about loosing track of time underwater seemed to startle Buffy. The other girl even wrinkled her nose at Tanya's description of breathing through gills for the first time.

"Weird, indeed." She repeated. As her classmates swam around Tanya was struck by the idea to sketch them. They moved too much for a proper, detailed sketch but if she could capture their form and range on paper then perhaps that could help her with descriptions later. From her bag Tanya pulled out an empty sheet of parchment and a lead pencil. The parchment was balanced on her thigh. With quick, smooth flicks of her wrist she took down lines and curves that became human shapes. Bit by bit she captured the volunteers movements as they swam about. They were no agile fish or graceful merfolk but their webbed hands and fins made them more competent.

When one swam close to her spot by the tank she was able to draw a somewhat detailed sketch of the gills on the side of their neck. Perfect. Tanya held up her page of sketches and was pleased with her work. Later she could redo them with more detail and perhaps add them to her paper. She glanced over at Buffy, "You think there are other plants like gillyweed? But instead of gills they, perhaps, give one feathers? or scales?" There had to be something like that, Tanya felt. Magic was capable of so much and if something as amazing as gillyweed existed then surely there were other plants like it.

Buffy Stratford
PM
^
Buffy Stratford
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 05:26 PM

The Buffster

Age / 15 | Height / 5'3

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 123

Candie | She/Her/Hers

"Weird, indeed." Tanya repeated to her when Buffy gave her own opinion on the breathing through gills for the first time thing. Buffy couldn’t really decide if Tanya was agreeing with her or just repeating the same thing she said about it. Maybe she did think it would be weird as well. Buffy really couldn’t imagine having gills, on purpose or otherwise. The whole thing just weirded her out. Buffy watched silently as Tanya pulled out what looked like a sketchbook(?) maybe and began drawing the people in the tank. Buffy couldn’t help looking between her drawing and the people she was drawing. It was kind of neat to watch. Buffy had no real talent for drawing. She had tried to do it when she was younger, but her brother Dylan proved to be the artist in the family. Not that Buffy minded not being artistically inclined in that way. She had other talents.

Buffy looked at the sketch Tanya made and couldn’t help telling her how good it was. “Wow...like, you’re really good at that,” she told Tanya, not even trying to hide the admiration in her voice. There were times Buffy wished she could draw, but it wasn’t often. "You think there are other plants like gillyweed? But instead of gills they, perhaps, give one feathers? or scales?" Tanya asked her, after showing her the drawing she made of their classmates. Buffy gave her a thoughtful look before replying. “Like, I guess there could be. I mean, like if potions can like make you look like someone else then why like can’t there be other plants out there that do stuff like that?” Buffy asked her back. Buffy didn’t know what they would look like or where to find them, but it stood to reason that they could exist.

Tanya Rhonimus

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 04:35 PM

Age / 15 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single / n/a

Post Count/ 166

The Foxy One | Any

Tanya gave a small smile at Buffy's compliment on her sketches. "Thank you." She said, then charmed the paper so that the pencil won't smudge. If need be she could undo the charm then resume her drawings or erase them. Magic was wonderfully flexible like that. Buffy's response to her question about other magical plants had Tanya nodding. Why wouldn't there be other plants like gillyweed? Perhaps she could ask Professor Watson about it after class.

The potions brought up another good point. Why look for such magical plants when potions could have the same results? Once again proving the flexibility of magic. Though, it was simply a matter of creating such potions either from a recipe or scratch. Tanya peered into the tank again. She felt that she had seen all that she needed to and stepped back so other students could move closer. The green girl settled onto the edge of a planter and idly played with one of the leaves. It was a harmless plant, so she could do so.

"I think I'm going to get started on my essay." She said to her kinda partner in tank watching. It seemed like they weren't doing anything else for class so Tanya settled into her spot and started on a draft of her homework.

Buffy Stratford
ooc: Want to wrap up here or with your post? I'm not sure what else to write about lol.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse