Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
An Earthquake briefly hit Greylock in February
Repairs and recoveries are ongoing.

The final game is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late April--Early May| Highs 65°F/ Lows 45°F
Snow is melting and the weather has returned to seasonal expectations.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC

Just grand, open
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 01:30 PM

Age / 34 | Height / 6'5" (2m)

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

United with / my long-lost twin

Post Count/ 51

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Gabe had barely slept a wink. The apartment above Sergi’s (and now his) apartment had been empty for as long as Gabe had been living with his brother, or at least inhabited by someone who was normally super quiet. The previous day, however, the stairwell had been occupied by movers taking large boxes from the ground floor up and the whole night he’d heard a strange symphony of sounds. Thuds, cracks, breaking glass, even some curse words said in a very feminine sounding voice and low sobbing.

The exasperated wizard had even gone upstairs to bang on the door and see if he could help or at least get the neighbor to be quiet, but no one had responded to his incessant knocking and so instead he’d left a note on the door and gone downstairs to “reverse” soundproof his area so that none of the noise from upstairs bothered him as he tossed and turned and tried to get sleepy again.

He was even too tired to make a proper breakfast the next day, scrambling his egg instead of poaching it, and pouring pre-packaged ketchup over the toast sandwich instead of the homemade hollandaise sauce he preferred to drizzle over his open face poached egg and toast breakfasts. Gabe didn’t even want to think about the effort frying bacon would take. He would just end up with a burnt wrist if he tried to cook anything fancy. He grumbled his way out the door after eating, checking on the apartment upstairs to see if they were there. The note was gone but it was uncharacteristically (for the 12 hours the neighbor had already been there for that was) silent so he just rolled his eyes and went down stairs to collect his mail.

“Grand, just feckin' grand,” he cursed under his breath trying to jam his key into the mailbox. Did this whole day have to suck?

The mailbox he is trying to open is not his.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Morgan Blackburn
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 03:22 PM

Age / 24 | Height / 5'7

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / London, England

Single--No Time /

Post Count/ 28

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Morgan felt like a zombie walking around on two legs as she entered her apartment building from the street. Her last few nights trying to sleep were abysmal at best, but the night before was especially abysmal thanks to the new wanker that decided to choose that evening to move into the building. What in the bloody hell was this person moving into their apartment anyways...A damned elephant? The whole bloody circus? Morgan had no idea and after spending all night listening to the tosser curse and break things through the wall, Morgan had had about all she could take from them. She had been ready to hex the person when she had marched next door and pounded on the door. Of-course her illustrious new neighbor didn't answer the door when she pounded on it, frustrating the English born woman just a bit more. After getting nowhere with her pounding, Morgan had went back into her own apartment and silence charmed her bedroom against any more noise. Even then, she still hadn't slept much.

Morgan made her way over to the mailboxes, intent on getting her mail and going up to her apartment for some tea when she caught sight of her surly, bulky neighbor fiddling around with her mailbox. Morgan's brow raised as she heard him cursing under his breath, whilst trying to jam his key into her mailbox lock. Meandering up slightly behind the man, Morgan made her presence known. "Yanno...that key might work a bit better if you tried using it on your own mailbox," Morgan pointed out dryly, her arms crossing over her chest as she glanced at her neighbor. She had no idea what the man's name was, only that she saw him periodically leaving the apartment and returning to it. That was about it.

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 03:44 PM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 51

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Gabe’s ears perked up when an accent he was more familiar with caught his ears and he turned sheepishly. He felt terrible for swearing in front of a lady. And also for trying to break into her mailbox.

“Sorry,” he mumbled, one hand coming up to scratch his head, the other hand stuffing his key into his back pocket. “Didn’t get much sleep last night. Gabriel.” He offered a hand to shake, the other one still with his key in his pocket.

He hadn’t met a lot of the tenants in the building yet having only just moved in with his brother before the winter break but he was certain that most of them hadn’t even noticed. He was a relatively quiet person who usually kept to himself and besides that he looked exactly like the guy who had rented out the apartment in the first place.

Gabe moved over so his neighbour could get to her mailbox and turned to open his and Sergi’s. He hesitated, wondering if he should offer more information or not. Where he was from, when he had moved in, where he had been for the last few weeks. After Sergi had headed back to school for work, Gabe had stayed on in Ireland a bit longer. He didn’t have a regular 9-to-5 job which required him to be anywhere and he had really missed his mom and his best friend.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Morgan Blackburn
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 04:01 PM

Age / 24 | Height / 5'7

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single--No Time /

Post Count/ 28

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Morgan shrugged at the man's apology as she watched him stuff the hand holding the mailbox key into his back pocket. "No 'arm done. It's just a mailbox after all," she told him, watching the guy stick his hand out as he introduced himself. Morgan stared at the outstretched hand for a moment before deciding to be slightly sociable. It wouldn't kill her right? "Morgan...pleasure," she told him, briefly shaking the man's hand. Morgan felt a little bad for the poor bloke since he seemed to be in the same boat as her.

"You either?" she asked, unable to hide her curiosity. Damn Nikon and his prodding. He was influencing her somehow...she just knew it. Ignoring thoughts of her other attractive neighbor, Morgan focused on the man currently standing near her as he moved to let her open her mailbox. "Let me guess....the ruddy new neighbor who moved in with the circus last night?" she asked dryly, mumbling a Thank You as she set about opening up her mailbox and pulling out the few missives she found inside.

Morgan closed the mailbox, locking it back up again before she moved to where she was facing her neighbor. Why she felt the need to hang around any longer than necessary was completely beyond her, but she did. It was like she couldn't help herself. She silently blamed Nikon for that as well. Before meeting him she had been perfectly content with being withdrawn from people. Now, it was like she couldn't stop her bloody mouth from asking questions of the people around her. It was bloody frustrating.

Gabriel Mironov

mention: Nikon Vitellius

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 04:35 PM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 51

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Morgan was rather easy going and Gabe smiled in relief that she wasn’t mad at him for the mailbox incident. That would have just been the cherry on top of an already crappy day (which had only just started but still). “Nice to meet you,” he said and turned to his box (triple checking for his and Sergi’s names) to open it. There were a few bills and a response to the permit he’d applied for at MACUSA while away in Ireland, that would be interesting to read, but he didn’t plan on opening it up until later. The way the day was going it would likely be a rejection.

His neighbour seemed to have had the same restless night that he did and he nodded. “I was up almost all night,” he replied, mimicking her tone. “I even knocked on their door and nothing.” He was really frustrated but he couldn’t help the feeling that something was wrong. “I think they were even crying at one point.” He shrugged. It wasn’t any of his business but the Hufflepuff inside him wanted to get into that apartment and see if everything was okay.

He closed his mailbox door and straightened out to face Morgan who didn’t appear as though she was going anywhere. Was this how people met? For a Hufflepuff, he was rather reserved about meeting new people and didn’t have a great talent of being very outgoing though he was friendly once someone got him talking. “You, uh, live here long?” he asked, probing. The other tenant seemed friendly enough not to mention from the accent probably was from his area. Maybe they had even been at Hogwarts at the same time!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Morgan Blackburn
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 08:28 PM

Age / 24 | Height / 5'7

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single--No Time /

Post Count/ 28

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Morgan gazed at Gabriel curiously when he said it was nice meeting her. Did he really mean that or was he just being polite? Morgan honestly couldn't tell which it was. Normally people only said that to her as a means of being polite since she technically had to work with them down at the law firm. Not many people seemed to actually mean it when they said it to her though. Not that Morgan had ever minded before. She couldn't figure out why the hell she seemed to care about it now though. "Likewise," she told him, not sure of what else to say as he got his own mail.

Morgan caught herself absently nodding at his words. She had had the same problem. "That was me as well," she told him, feeling about as tired as she probably looked. "You knocked too?" she asked him, surprised they had done the same thing and somehow missed one another. "I 'ad knocked as well, but the person inside never came to the door for me either." She thought it was an odd coincidence that she and the man in front of her had decided to do the exact same thing and had gotten identical results. "Crying? I didn't 'ear any crying when I knocked," she told him, confused all over again. What in the bloody hell could the person have been crying about? "Blimey, what in the world could they 'ave been crying about?" she wondered. It didn't make any sense to her.

Morgan felt her feet shuffling around a little as she tried to figure out what the heck she was even still doing standing there. It was not like Morgan to try and actually talk to people, but here she was. She had no idea what the hell she was doing and she was sure that it showed. Morgan shrugged at Gabriel's question. "I've lived 'ere since June maybe?" Morgan estimated, her expression a little perplexed as she did the math in her head. "What about you? 'ave you lived 'ere long?" she asked him, again mentally scolding herself for acting soo damned weird.

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 05:35 AM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 51

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

So, Morgan knocked on the neighbor’s door, too and hadn’t received a response. He nodded. “It got to be a little much around 2am.” Gabe had always been an early sleeper unless he had specific plans for the evening. “At that point they were already crying so I get if if they didn’t want to open the door.” He had no idea what or why they had been crying and he didn’t really have a desire to, either. He just wanted to make sure they were okay. From the sounds of it, things were not okay. But there hadn’t been any noise at all that morning when he woke up so maybe that would be the last of it.

“I guess we’ll have to wait until tonight to see if it’s a reoccurring thing,” he offered, thinking that if it was they’d probably have to get someone else involved and not just because of the noise complaint either. Something could seriously be wrong in the apartment and the new neighbor might be in need of help.

“I moved to Greylock last year but I only got this apartment in November,” Gabe offered in response to when he moved into the apartment building. “But I spent the last month or so home visiting family.” He didn’t know how much information he was supposed to offer. Say where he was from? Say who he had moved in with? Somehow that seemed like an invasion of Sergi’s privacy.

Gabe blinked for a moment before deciding to just break the ice. “Hogwarts, then?” he asked, tilting his head.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Morgan Blackburn
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 06:18 PM

Age / 24 | Height / 5'7

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single--No Time /

Post Count/ 28

Candie | She/Her/Hers

"2am? They were still making all that bloody racket at 2am?" Morgan asked him, her mouth falling open slightly at the large man's comment. That was preposterous. "I came and knocked at 12:30am or so and I didn't 'ear anything except for what sounded like furniture being dropped," she told him, her head shaking irritably, her arms crossing over her chest. "Bloody rude if you ask me," Morgan mumbled to herself. She knew she was probably being extremely rude about it, but she couldn't bring herself to feel bad about it. She was apparently a frightful bit scary when she hadn't slept much. Morgan sighed, knowing she was just being cranky. "My apologies for that. It appears that I'm a tad...irritable(?) when I've not 'ad much sleep," she offered in way of an apology. Morgan might be put out by the incident, but that was no excuse to behave like a beast about it. She had far better manners than that.

Morgan couldn't help nodding as she partially looked up towards the man's face standing near her. He dwarfed her almost as badly as Nikon did. She had thought herself pretty decently sized at 5'9", but moving to Greylock, Morgan now felt like she had moved to the town of giants or something. Most of the people here seemed to be taller than her bu several inches, if not a foot at least. It made her feel strangely petite. She wasn't entirely certain she liked that feeling to be honest. "I bloody 'ope its not a recurring thing," Morgan partially grumbled. "I don't 'ave enough tea to put up with that." Straying away from the subject of the bothersome neighbor, Morgan found herself asking Gabriel how long he had been living in Greylock. She wasn't entirely sure why she had asked him that question, especially since Morgan didn't go out of her way to meet people if she didn't have to. Being around Nikon was screwing with her head somehow....she just knew it.

He'd been in Greylock for a year, but living in the building since Novemeber? Morgan pondered his response to herself for a moment. How was that possible...unless... "You weren't staying at the bloody 'orrid 'otel 'ere were you?" she found herself asking him, astonished that anyone would want to stay in such a run down place. Even she hadn't dared stay there when she first arrived to town, certain that the sight of the beds alone would give her some weird disease or something. Her lips twitching a bit to a half grin before fading, Morgan cleared her throat awkwardly. "Sorry...I'm sure it was lovely despite its desperate need for renovations," Morgan added, trying not to sound bitchy. It wasn't her place to judge his living conditions before he moved into the building. "That sounds lovely," Morgan told him, trying not to think about her own weird family situation. She had cousins who lived here in town, but they hadn't really spoken yet. "Ireland then I'm guessing,," Morgan guessed, judging by his accent. Although it sounded strange to her because she could have sworn he spoke with a different one when she moved into the building.

Her curiosity getting the better of her, Morgan couldn't help asking. "Forgive me for asking, but if you're Irish which your accent suggests you are...when did you stop speaking Russian?" she inquired. She knew it was Russian the man was speaking because it was one of the languages her grandmother insisted she learn growing up. Morgan was brought out of her musing by his own question to her. "Hmm? Oh..yes. I went to 'ogwarts," she shrugged lightly. "Hufflepuff. What about you?" she asked him, again surprised by her own curiosity. What the devil was happening to her?

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 08:54 AM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 51

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Irritable was an understatement, Gabe thought to himself as Morgan continued to complain about the neighbor. He had really been annoyed the night before and even standing there he was frustrated to not get a full night’s sleep but listening to Morgan complain sort of, in a weird way, calmed him down. Everyone had bad days, maybe the new neighbor had just had a really bad day and forgotten to cast a silencing charm. It could have been something as simple as that. They’d see that evening if the new neighbor did it again or not.

“It’s easy enough to cast a silencing charm,” Gabe mused out loud. “If they can’t cast one then at least we can, though…” he frowned, lips pursed. That didn’t help in case someone were to drop by unannounced and knock on the door. How would they hear that? “We might not be able to hear if someone knocks.” He shrugged again. They’d figure it out, somehow. Maybe he’d try to drop by again that day before it became too late, try and talk with the neighbor, get them to be quieter preemptively.

“I was,” he answered, at least having the decency to blush about it. Now that he was living in Sergi’s apartment he couldn’t believe how long he had stayed in the motel for. It had not been the most ideal situation but he hadn’t known if he was staying or not and he didn’t have the funds to get himself a house and no one was going to rent an apartment to someone who couldn’t even give them an idea of how long they were going to be there. A few days, months, years?

Gabe shrugged in response to her question about Russian. How did she know he spoke Russian? He rarely ever spoke it here, maybe sometimes with Sergi but it was usually the language he used when he was home in Ireland with his parents. “I don’t know, I never did?” he replied, unsure at how to answer her question. “My parents are Russian, so it’s what I grew up speaking.” It didn’t even occur to him that she could be confusing him with Sergi. Most of the people they hung around with now at least could tell the differene between them not only because of their accents but also their way of dressing and just general behaviour. Sergi was a lot rougher than Gabe was.

Ravenclaw might have made sense, with the way she had pinpointed Ireland (though Gabe supposed an education at Hogwarts would have familiarized Morgan with all the accents of the area so it shouldn’t have been too hard to derive). “Same,” he answered neatly. “No other house would take me.” A joke.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Morgan Blackburn
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 10:25 AM

Age / 24 | Height / 5'7

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single--No Time /

Post Count/ 28

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Morgan felt her eyebrow raise at Gabriel's suggestion at using a silencing charms on the neighbor's front door. While it sounded like a novel idea, she had to agree with him when he concluded on his own that using the Silencing Charm on the door may result in the person being unable to hear anyone knocking. "Yes..that would definitely be a problem," she agreed aloud, nodding her head slightly, her arms crossed lightly over her chest. Morgan couldn't help biting down on the tip of her thumb as she thought about that issue. She had already removed her thumb from her mouth when the topic of conversation changed to the length of time each one of them had been in town for.

Morgan couldn't help wondering if the man in front of her, who towered over her really, had actually stayed in the town's only motel while he was there before moving into the apartment below her own. Granted, she could have phrased her question a lot less judgmentally, but in her own defense the place really did look disreputable. She kinda felt bad for asking him that when the man blushed a little when he admitted that he had been staying there before moving into the apartments. Morgan bit the corner of her lower lip as she regarded the man and his blush. "I'm sorry..that was rude. I shouldn't 'ave put it like that, but you do 'ave to admit just a bit that the place could greatly benefit from at least a fresh coat of paint," she offered, making her best attempt at a tiny joke. She really sucked at this sort of thing.

Now Morgan was really confused. She could have sworn the man who she had seen when she moved into the building over the summertime didn't have an Irish accent at all and that he had much longer hair. Not to mention the fact that he also dressed like a ruffian hooligan. The man standing in front of her looked nothing like that and he spoke with more polish than his possible identical counterpart. Morgan couldn't help wrinkling her nose in confusion. "Huh..I could 'ave sworn I 'eard you cursing in Russian the day I moved in and your 'air was a lot longer and more greasy looking," she told him, still studying the man in front of her. "I do 'ave to say though, you look far better with the shorter 'air cut than the long." It was Morgan's first attempt at making a compliment and even to her it sounded off.

He was also a Hufflepuff? Why did that not surprise her in the least? Given his demeanor, Hufflepuff made sense. She had been somewhat of an anomaly in her own house at Hogwarts because the sorting hat found traits for both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff in her. Somehow it saw more Hufflepuff in her than Ravenclaw. Not that Morgan ever complained about it. She had actually enjoyed being in Hufflepuff. "A fellow 'ufflepuff huh? 'ow is it that I don't remember seeing you around the common room?" she wondered aloud. Morgan actually grinned a little at Gabriel's comment. "Well now I wouldn't say that," she told him, the corner of her mouth twisting up just a bit. "I could easily see you being a Ravenclaw or maybe a Gryffindoor. Slytherin is absolutely out of the question," she quipped back. "You're far too pleasant a chap for Slytherin." Had she really just said that? Morgan couldn't believe such a thing just came out of her own mouth just then. It was completely unlike her.

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 10:29 AM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 51

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Gabe shrugged her comment off. It was easy to let little remarks like that roll off his back. He didn’t really like being angry or upset, but when he was… Besides, while the motel wasn’t the cleanest of places, Gabe was pretty handy with the household charms and kept his room impeccably clean and free of questionable bodily fluids and other unsavory things.

“Ohh,” he said, comprehension dawning on him. “That was probably Sergi, my brother.” He nodded. Swearing in Russian, greasy hair, definitely Sergi. “We’re twins.” A year ago Gabe had sported the long hair, too, but he’d always kept it clean. Prepping other people’s food had sort of turned him into a sanitation wet dream. His nails were always clipped short and clean, his hair washed, his skin scrubbed. No one wanted a dirty chef.

Her compliment went over his head, Gabe wasn’t really in the mindset to flirt or be flirted with so he only nodded his head. “I’ll be sure to tell him, although he cut his hair short recently, too.” Maybe he’d seen Gabe and liked the look. That was a nice, reassuring sort of thought, he nodded to himself.

“I don’t know,” he replied, shrugging. He had known quite a few decent Slytherins in his days. “They’re not all unpleasant.” Some had even been his friends. Or at least friendly enough to invite to parties and hang around with. He sort of glossed over the bit about not seeing each other in the common rooms. He had justice to restore!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Morgan Blackburn
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 05:54 PM

Age / 24 | Height / 5'7

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single--No Time /

Post Count/ 28

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Brothers? Identical twin brothers? Morgan couldn't help blinking at the man in front of her for a second as his words sunk in. So the one that she had seen when she moved in was this man's identical twin brother...interesting. "I see. Well, that makes more sense now then," she commented, nodding in acknowledgement. She would have to try and remember their names for the next time they ran into each other in the lobby.

Morgan flushed at Gabriel as he promised to pass along her compliment to his brother since this Sergi chap had cut his hair off to match his twins. "I didn't mean for you to tell 'im I said that. I merely meant it as a friendly compliment. I really wasn't trying to....well, I mean I wouldn't....," Morgan heard herself practically stammering at the poor man as she fought for the right words to say. There was a bloody good reason why she didn't try talking to people. She really had no casual people skill to speak of. It was rather pathetic really.

Morgan wasn't quite sure how to feel about Gabe's shrug to her comment about him and Slytherin house. "I suppose that's true," she mildly agreed with him. "Although the chaps I remember from that 'ouse were rather unpleasant. You were lucky," she told him, trying not to think about the Slytherin jerks who used to take her books from her and call her awful names most of the time. Morgan hadn't really paid them any attention, which was probably why they were especially nasty to her in particular. Morgan shook off the memory and turned her attention back to her neighbor.

"Welp, I do apologize if I've kept you from anything important," she told him, feeling the overwhelming need to retreat like she always did when being around other people for too long. "It was a pleasure to meet you. Perhaps we'll run into each other again," she told him, turning towards to head back up to her own apartment. Maybe when she got inside she might actually be able to take a nap or something. She sincerely hoped so.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jun 26 2018, 04:54 AM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 51

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Gabe blinked. He’d no idea that the witch would be so flustered by his simple comment to communicate clearly. He never understood the need for obscurity, everything Gabe did was more or less transparent. If one wasn’t willing to say something to someone’s face then why say it at all? “Don’t worry about it,” he said, trying to reassure her. “He only looks crabby.” He shrugged. “Besides, he spends most of his time up at the school, anyway.”

They might run into each other on weekends or at the bar but Morgan seemed worried enough as it was, Gabe didn’t want to put any more stress on her by listing all the possible places she might run into Sergi. What was more interesting to him was to unpack the feelings she had towards Slytherin house. He knew that there had been some bullies in Slytherin, but there had been bullies in every house if he remembered correctly. While he’d been there it had been Gryffindor with the worst bullies.

“One swallow does not a summer make,” he said solemnly, quoting one of the philosopher’s he’d studied. Perhaps she only remembered the negative people, that happened sometimes. Gabe knew lots of people who could only remember the bad times because they were the ones which stuck out the most. It wasn’t about luck, he’d had his own bullies albeit from a different house, but his generally pleasant attitude (and the fact that around fourth year he’d started growing and growing and growing) had warded most off and by the time he graduated Gabe was quite happily bully free.

He brushed aside her apologies with a wave of his hand. “No worries,” he assured her. “I was the one trying to break into your mailbox…” He trailed off, awkwardly, then took a deep breath. “Perhaps we could get a coffee sometime, later when we’re both less tired.” For now he had paperwork to fill out, paperwork he’d been looking for in Morgan’s mailbox. “It would be nice to make some friends in the building, you know, in case of another home invasion.”

Morgan Blackburn

Sorry, since I was never tagged I've only just seen this!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Morgan Blackburn
 Posted: Jun 26 2018, 06:24 PM

Age / 24 | Height / 5'7

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single--No Time /

Post Count/ 28

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Morgan absently nodded regarding Gabe's reassurance, not really understanding why he felt the need to in the first place. She had only made an off-handed compliment to the man she thought was the person she had seen before. She had not meant for it to be a message passing situation when she learned of his real identity. If she wanted to compliment Gabe's brother on his appearance, she would merely tell him so. She did not need his twin relaying messages for her. Especially when it appeared as though she were too feather-brained and infatuated with him to tell the man herself. She was just barely figuring out her feelings towards Nikon and what seemed to be developing between the two of them. She had no time or patience to figure out non-existent feelings towards some other person who was a total stranger to her. "I see," Morgan replied, her expression remaining neutral.

Again, Morgan nodded at his chosen comment during their brief discussion about school. Morgan was aware that her comment sounded petty and fixated on past issues, but she really felt nothing towards the ones who made her school years a virtual hell most days. She had been happy to leave them all in her past where they belonged...much like her own estranged family. Morgan offered Gabe a small grin as she agreed with his comment. "No, it most certainly does not," she agreed, fairly certain she had caught Gabe's meaning with the saying. Morgan was more than happy to leave the events and the people attached to them firmly in her past.

Morgan stopped her retreat when he waved away her apologies with his hand. “No worries,” Gabriel assured her. “I was the one trying to break into your mailbox…” Morgan found herself grinning a little at his comment regarding her mailbox. ”True...but in your own defense, the boxes do look rather similar. It would be easy to mistake one for another,” she teased him ever so slightly. She wasn’t sure where the urge or inclination to do so came from, but it felt better than hiding herself as she normally would have done. Morgan sensed Gabe’s hesitation before he spoke again, surprising her. “Perhaps we could get a coffee sometime, later when we’re both less tired. It would be nice to make some friends in the building, you know, in case of another home invasion.” Morgan felt her face heat up just a bit at Gabe’s suggestion for coffee. Was he asking her out for a date type thing or was this more of a social protocol? Morgan really had no idea.

The last time the witch had gone out for coffee with someone was with Nikon and that was because she had technically lost a bet to him. She had not made such a wager with Gabriel and was therefore under no obligation to accept his offer. However, his offer of possible friendship did strike a cord within her and it made her want to say Yes. She didn’t quite understand why, but oddly it did. Swallowing down the lump in her throat that formed whenever the urge to run away from people became the most prominent, Morgan pushed past that urge and nodded at Gabriel’s offer. “Coffee would be nice,” she told him, although his next comment had her deeply concerned. Morgan frowned a little at that remark. “Another home invasion? Who else’s flat was broken into?” she asked warily, the urge to hug herself creeping to the surface. Morgan couldn’t help wishing just a bit that Nikon was there to distract her from the unpleasant topic with his goofy antics. He seemed to be able to make her smile despite her distinct urges not to.

Gabriel Mironov

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Gabriel Mironov
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 01:29 PM

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Kildare

Post Count/ 51

Jane Doe | She/Her/Hers

Gabe blinked. It seemed like all Morgan and he could do was get their wires crossed. Either that or she was thick. He wasn’t entirely sure she’d understood his Aristotle saying as she’d agreed with him shortly after asserting that all of Slytherin was bad, pretty much, and now she thought that someone had broken into one of the apartments.

“No,” he said. “Not like that. The new neighbour, upstairs?” He pointed up and then shrugged his shoulders. “What we were giving out about earlier?” Never mind, it didn’t really matter. “I’ll drop a note by or something about coffee later—” there was no need to hammer out the details just yet. They were both knackered and likely needed some rest. Gabe, at least, needed an espresso and to get to work on filing out the paperwork for staying on a bit longer.

He shut hi mailbox door with a clang and waved to Morgan. “I’ll see you around then?” She looked like she wanted to get upstairs and Gabe was planning on heading out to the grocery store to stock up for the week. The weather was good now but after the awful year they’d had he didn’t trust it to hold up much.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse