Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
An Earthquake briefly hit Greylock in February
Repairs and recoveries are ongoing.

The final game is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late April--Early May| Highs 65°F/ Lows 45°F
Snow is melting and the weather has returned to seasonal expectations.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

CLOSED NEW TOPIC

We Bend Until We Break, Closed | Katie
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:00 PM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown /

Single /

Post Count/ 2

|

Warning: Sensitive Topics

The vial of poison in his hand was a brilliant shade of yellow. Chase had never been much of a fan of the color before, but it reminded him of the sun. He held it up so that the suns rays passed through it, creating a kaleidoscope of colors. It was a beautiful day. A perfect day to be his last.

He had managed to avoid contact with other people on his way to the lake, just as he expected. It seemed that Field Day had captured the interests of the entire student body, which allowed his plan to be executed flawlessly. No witnesses. No one to stop him. No one to find him until it was too late.

Chase had sent his letters before leaving his dorm. Hunter wouldn’t get his until later that evening when he returned to their dorm room. He didn’t want to ruin his best friend’s last day at school, so he was thankful that Hunter had decided to go check out the games and activities along with everyone else. His thoughts drifted to Katie. Finally, she would know everything. He hoped that she would understand one day. It was for the best. He only ever cared about protecting her. The letters to his parents were raw honesty. Hopefully, his father would change his ways, or maybe his mother would realize that she needed to take Chase’s sister away from the monster who she called her father. Either way, Chase had the last say. He decided his fate.

Smiling down at the bottle, Chase popped the lid off and took a deep breath. Time to take the plunge. He lifted the bottle to his lips, and was about to tilt it when he heard a familiar voice and froze.

Katherine Lavale
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:12 PM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Post Count/ 87

|

Katie swore under her breath. She had been at the lake since early morning, hiding and waiting. Today was the day. It was taking every bit of strength she had not to retch in the nearby bush. Merlin. She was trusting Bridget on this one. If this didn’t work, her world would be over. And she knew just who to blame. Her fingers twisted slowly, cracking.

Hearing the rustling of small branches being moved, Katie caught site of Chase. She watched him for a moment as he held up the vial. It was lighter than their version had been, but that wasn’t surprising given the ingredients. Breathing in to steady herself, Katie cautiously moved towards Chase, stopping far enough away so as not to cause him to panic. “I know.” The problem though was not her knowing, but how to make him see, to live.

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 01:18 PM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Post Count/ 87

|

Katie weighed her words carefully. One wrong thing and it could all be over. She looked out onto the lake. “It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” She moved closer. “Kind of peaceful, right?”

It was only when Katie was next to Chase did she answer one of his questions, “I know what’s in your hand, but the better question is what do you want?”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 05:46 PM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Post Count/ 87

|

Katie shifted so that she was face to face with Chase. Her heart was racing. She was scared for him, for herself. She never wanted anyone the way she wanted him and now he was trying to leave her. Her hands touched his wrists trailing down to his hands, careful not to touch the vial. She wasn’t trying to take it away from him. She stared at him, standing her ground. “No, I’m not going to leave. I know what you want.” Her eyes were beginning to tear. “You want to leave. Why?”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 07:30 PM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Post Count/ 87

|

What Chase did to his face startled her, but she didn’t back down. Tentatively, Katie ran one hand over his face, touching lightly to where he had created the bruising. Leaning forward, her lips lingered on his for a moment before pulling back. “No. I can’t let you go. I’m not going to let him win.” She knew what his father did to him. In her view, it was his father that should have been standing here with the vial, not Chase. “I want you. I need you.”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 11:04 PM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Post Count/ 87

|

Chase was right. Everything did get covered up in their world. At least for a time. Before Katie could say anything more, Chase walked away from her. A string of swears rang through her head. She had made the wrong move. She could see that she had. Bridget had been wrong. She should have gone to get help like she had planned.

Panic rose to her throat. She felt like she was choking. She had to stop him. “I’m sorry,” Katie whispered, tears beginning to run down her face. She couldn’t let Chase do this to himself. Pulling out her wand, she aimed it at Chase. “Stupefy!”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 11:54 PM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Post Count/ 87

|

As soon as her spell hit, Katie rushed over and took the vial. She threw it against a rock buried in the ground to smash it to bits. She breathed a sigh of relief. It was only for a brief moment, but for that moment, she had prevented Chase from what he was about to do. The question was how to prevent him from doing it again.

While waiting for Chase to wake up, Katie had a lot of time to think. She ran her fingers through his hair. She didn’t understand the depth of what went on in his home life. Maybe she was being selfish for not allowing him to go when it’s what he wanted. He was hurting. She knew that much, but wasn’t there another way?

Chase was beginning to stir. Katie moved so that she was standing, ready for whatever came next. She watched while he panicked. She was glad that she had destroyed the vial. It was the first thing he had thought of. The second was her. More what she had done to him. Hurt marred her features, lasting only a moment before she jumped back in fear, shielding herself in response to the rock pieces that went flying.

Fight or flight. Those were the choices left before her. She could run from Chase, run from it all. She could leave, run back to Sebastian, and live a nice, boring life of secrets. Hers and his. Hers being that she would always hate him for what happened. Or she could fight. She looked at the boy, so broken, leaning against the tree. Kneeling beside him, Katie pulled his hands away and cupped his face in hers. “I did it for you. Hate me if you want to. I don’t care. You’re still alive and that matters. You matter. Especially to me.”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 01:10 AM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Post Count/ 87

|

Reacting, Katie put her arms around Chase, resting her head against his. “I’m sorry.” She began kissing the tears that were streaming down his face. “I care about you. I see this amazing person and the only thing you see is what your dad shows you. He’s the one that should be taking that potion. Not you. Never you.” She bit her lip, thinking about the letters. It was pretty harsh what had been written in the ones to his parents. “We’ll figure it out. Maybe you can stay with Hunter? Please, Chase.”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 01:50 AM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Post Count/ 87

|

He was closing himself off again. Everything was about what would be easier for her or about what she wanted, but the one thing that Chase couldn’t seem to get through his head was that she didn’t care about any of those things. She just wanted him. She had tried reason. She had tried force. She had tried compassion and coddling. There was one thing that she had yet to try and if that didn’t work, she didn’t know what she was going to do. Maybe it would be better if it did work, because she didn’t know how she could live without him.

Pushing herself up off the ground, Katie moved towards the lake, stopping along the edge. Slipping off her shoes, she allowed the water to slip across her toes. “Then, we won’t have a happy ending,” she replied flatly. Turning, she pulled her wand out and started casting random charms to distract him. Running into the water, she went as far as she could go until she was swimming. Diving under, she kept driving herself. The water felt good against her face, raw from the tears. Maybe this was how it was supposed to be.

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:38 PM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Post Count/ 87

|

Catching her breath, Katie pushed Chase away. Getting up, she gathered her shoes, holding them tightly in her arms before turning to glare at Chase. “Why did you save me? I didn’t ask you to save me. I didn’t want you to save me.”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 01:03 PM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Post Count/ 87

|

Katie paused. She hadn’t known what she would have done if her stunt hadn’t gotten through to him, but it seemed that it had. At least, enough. He finally understood that what he was doing affected her. Well, no, he had already understood that. It’s why he had tried to give her a forgetting potion. It was more that she cared enough to try, to fight for him, because he would do the same.

Closing the gap between them, she stared up at him, her head tilted curiously. “Does it matter how many people would miss you? Isn’t it more important to think about the ones that would?” She touched her hand to his cheek. “You’re a good person. I know you are and those that care about you know it too. No one else matters.”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 08:57 PM

Age / 16 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Post Count/ 87

|

Katie gave Chase a look. She would remind him as many times as it took for him to believe it. “You wouldn’t have saved me if you weren’t.” He could have left her. It wouldn’t have mattered if she were alive or not when he offed himself. He wouldn’t have known the difference. Well, unless, he came back as a ghost. Then, he would be stuck knowing everything that had happened after.

“Trust me,” Katie replied, taking his hand and giving it a squeeze. “We have to find Bridget and Logan. Then, we need to talk to the counselor. There’s a lot to do.” Her words were probably confusing to Chase, but she hoped that he could follow at least the first part.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse