Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Duo of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Tour de Force, Scene II, Cian Chevalier surprise
Chloe Chevalier
 Posted: Jul 7 2017, 09:25 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, VT via Ireland

Single /

Author Alias / Redshirt

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 145

[OOC: continues from this post, LINK]

Chloe didn’t need to face him to know that he felt the same as she when looking on their home. Her eyes stung similarly. It was nice to know who was next in their trip - hearing her quietly patter their way. When she reached them, Chloe turned her head to watch Niamh for her signing and heard her speak.

Chloe’s hands clapped against her mouth, the tears she’d banked whilst looking at home, spilled over at the sight and sound of her sister. She clenched her eyes shut for a moment, inhaling slowly through her fingers until she could stave off another sob. She caught the tail end of Niamh’s message to Cian. Wet eyes would meet Niamh’s beautiful doe eyes, full of spirit and feeling - some of it Chloe couldn’t make out in her own emotional-ness.

The Wampus stepped back a pace when Niamh threw her arms about Cian, sniffing a bit as she nodded at their sister’s direction. Of course she was relieved when Niamh hugged her as well, her heart welling up with emotion from the entire ordeal, brought to a sort of crescendo with half of their family at Ilvermorny together in front of a picturesque landscape of home.

She returned the sign, imparting love to Niamh as she turned with a watery smile to look at Cian.

It’s been a journey.

Nodding ahead, Chloe indicated that someone else was on their way. Her cheeks dried in the chilly air of the corridor as she smiled and nodded at the Deputy Headmistress. Hello, Professor. Her thoughts about how this was starting to feel home were private.

So after Cian had a moment with the professor, she’d gently coax him to come with outside. It’s not quite over yet.

Out of sight of Professor Webquish, Chloe prodded Cian, Do you feel like this could be a home away from home? I think it will when the others join us here. I wonder if students at Hogwarts feel the same way. The cold air was dry, but refreshing. Her hot eyes were soothed by the late February evening. She took deep, steady breaths to keep herself from letting the emotions of it all sneak up on her.

So the next place is part of the gardens off to the side. You know I run a lot on the grounds, but we’re getting pretty close to curfew. The professors know about this, of course, but the view from here... it's fine, we'll see everything from here. She was half-rambling as they walked along the stone cobbled path that led through the winter-themed gardens. Some flowers were entirely made of ice, entirely due to the efforts of some creative house elves and pukwudgies.

With this quiet moment between them, Chloe slowed to a stop near a snow fountain. The fairy lights hovering around the area rendered the path walkable and the gardens open until a quarter to curfew. She’d found that out the hard way a couple of months ago when it started getting darker earlier.

I know this is extraordinarily late, but… happy Christmas, Cian. I didn’t forget about you. This has taken a long time to work out and plan. ASL wasn’t hard once I really devoted myself to it. It was shortly after I changed my hair, she touched a few of her locks that frizzed out from over her ears, that I knew I wanted you to be a part of this community in more than just presence. Skimming from the top, learning lessons, and not really being a part of a new adventure. They’ve all, our friends and the professors, worked really hard with me. It was difficult keeping this secret from you for so long. She scratched the end of her right eyebrow and turned to look at the fountain after sharing a private moment with Cian.

This fountain’s pretty awesome. It changes colors, the snow I mean. She reached out to touch the lip, feeling over the roughness to trigger the effect. It’d be the indicator for the next person to join them.

@Tānekaha Wanui
@Cian Chevalier

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Cian Chevalier
 Posted: Jul 7 2017, 11:17 PM

"Key-in"

Age / 15

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, Vermont

Single /

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/ Central

Post Count/ 120

The appearance of Niamh meant the most to Cian. There was so much to deal with at Ilvermorny, he hated feeling like he was drifting away from any of his siblings. At home, managing nine sibling relationships had been far easier when those were most of the interactions he had. Now, he was trying to balance so much: school, new friendships, his uncles and learning ASL were just a few. He had been connecting better with Niamh earlier in the school year, but recently he felt like they hadn’t spent much quality time together. Loughlin was drifting away even more. Cian wondered if Loughlin would show up to this too.

Cian didn’t have his hearing aids in since the original anticipated plan had just been to meet up with Chloe. He still wasn’t doing well wearing them, leaving them off more often than he kept them in. His speaking was still nonexistent and his listening skills had hardly improved over the year. However, based on the movement of her lips and Chloe’s reaction, Cian could tell that Niamh had spoken the first word along with the sign. He smiled, glad that she was improving. Their discussion in the greenhouses the previous term had allowed him to be supportive of her learning to speak, even if he still wasn’t onboard with doing it himself.

Like Chloe, Cian’s eyes finally welled over at Niamh’s words and her hug. He hugged her tightly. When she broke away, he hastily brushed the tears away. He especially didn’t want whoever was next to see him crying. I love you, he signed in return to Niamh. He watched her walk away, feeling quite a few things at the same time. The last few moments had left him feeling melancholy. The surprise, of course, had great meaning for Cian and his feeling of appreciation for Chloe was overflowing, but all his happy moments lately were all tinged with melancholy.

When the Deputy Headmistress appeared, Cian quickly composed himself, not wanting to be seen with any tears in his eyes in front of her. Like Professor Chambers, her signing was more complex than the students'. Thank you, Cian signed in response, not sure what else to say. He appreciated her efforts, but he didn’t feel like professing it to the Deputy Headmistress.

I hope so, he responded to Chloe as they walked outside. It will be good to have the littles here. It was difficult to say anything more definite. At the moment he still didn’t quite feel like he had a proper home. Their uncles were wonderful, of course, but the older Chevaliers hadn’t actually spent all that much time in Vermont since they only went back for vacations. He didn’t know how Niamh felt about it, but he also felt disconnected from their uncles since they couldn’t use BSL or ISL. Cian had to rely on communicating in a fourth language while his uncles communicated in their second. Or he had to have a hearing sibling interpret. Needless to say, it made his relationship with his uncles less intimate.

You’ve been planning this for that long? Cian was impressed and touched. I hope they all want to keep learning, he said, putting some of his fears out there. He appreciated all of this greatly, what Chloe had done and the effort that Kurt and Blaire had put into learning their lines. He wanted, however, to be able to be friends with more people or even just have random conversations at meals without having to pass papers back and forth. He had the Holger twins, but otherwise he didn’t interact with many students who weren’t his family except in class when they had to partner up. He envied Chloe, who seemed to have made friends with half the school.

It’s very cool, he agreed, watching Chloe change the color of the fountain. He wondered how many people were left, considering how close they were to curfew.

@Chloe Chevalier @Tānekaha Wanui

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tāne Wanui
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 01:05 AM

Tāne

Age / 15

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Waipoua Forest, Northland, New Zealand

It's complicated / None

Author Alias / Kelli

Timezone/ PST

Post Count/ 21

Tāne didn’t really know Chloe or Cian. He saw them in class, and once traded a bag of lollies to their sister Niamh for help in herbology, but that was the extent of it. He was in the same house as the older Chevalier girl too, though he’d never really talked to her. In fact, the Kiwi seemed to be keeping his head down a lot these days which was a little out of character. Still, when a cute girl asks you to do something, he felt it was in his best interest to do it. Particularly since he didn’t have many friends--this could potentially lead to some. He was a transfer from another country as well, so he could sympathise. While he spoke English, Te Reo was also an important part of his culture and who he was, and it sucked not being able to use it here. He could only imagine how Cian felt in that respect.

So here he was, standing in the snow shivering, trying to remember the gestures he’d learned. When Chloe triggered the fountain, he stepped into the lights, and waved at the twins. Hi C-i-a-n, I’m T-a-n-e. He signed slowly. He hadn't learned whether or not there were different letters for accented ones in ASL, but no one ever really got his name right here anyway. He'd wanted to try and learn to sign a Māori proverb, one that might be relevant to Cian’s situation, but he figured it might all get lost in translation and that was against the point.

I'm strange now,[i] Tāne started signing. He had left off the second half of the gesture for “stranger” accidentally, too focused on getting the rest of his practiced saying out. [I]but all friends start that way. The Māori boy grinned, proud of himself for managing to remember the signs--and then it hit him that he'd messed up. Stranger, no strange, stranger. I'm a stranger now.

“Stuffed that right up, didn't I.” He said to Chloe, with laughter in his voice.

@Chloe Chevalier @Cian Chevalier
PM EMAIL
^
Chloe Chevalier
 Posted: Jul 12 2017, 10:00 AM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Single /

Author Alias / Redshirt

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 145

[OOC: I have Cian's permission to continue moving the thread and drag Cian along. We'll continue until we've finished all other participants in this surprise and then wait the three long weeks for Cian's return! ;^;]

Longer, Chloe admitted, dropping her head. I’ve spent a large part of time last semester after I got the idea from Abigail’s request after my hair change. I’ve been learning and teaching ASL obsessively rather than working on my studies or meeting up with you for the non-verbal stuff like we’d talked about doing. The guilt had been overwhelming at times, but this finale made it worthwhile. Several students were willing to keep up with the studies though Chloe had cautioned that she’d need to cut back on the hours so she could focus on her TOADs. Bridget would likely be the exception, Chloe warmed, thinking about how much effort Bridget was willing to put forth to connect with her. It wasn’t just for Kiernan’s sake that she’d teach her, but certainly a little for her own.

Yeah, many want to be able to converse. A bunch think it’s great because it’s sort of like a secret language in a way. The bulk of the school can’t recognize the finer points of signs so now several feel like some super spy or something able to convey clandestine messages and stuff, she laughed at the end, recalling how excitable some students would get about certain phrases. Glancing over at Cian, she knew the question held deeper meaning. He was isolated. As much as Niamh was. And this is why Chloe put in so much effort to get others in on signing. It would widen their social sphere and make the school more inclusive to her cherished siblings.

With this thought came a flashback of her distinct anger and how she’d (unfairly) yelled at her uncles when she learned that there were no translators or real resources in place to facilitate Cian and Niamh’s transition to a primarily hearing-abled world. Schools were usually exclusively for the hearing. Oh she’d thrown an ugly fit. At least until she got to the school and talked with each professor privately to explain that her family’s condition. How grateful she’d been to learn that some were fluent in signing already.

Apparently this fountain changes with the seasons, too, she added, waiting for their next guest. She saw him and waved, indicating to Cian which direction to look at. Chloe smiled at the cute Wampus boy.

When he looked to her for remarks on his signing, she joined him in his amusement and shook her head. Slowly signing so he could translate her words after Cian had his moment, she grinned, It was beautiful, just like you, Tā’ne She refused to break the ASL cohesion and gently encouraged him, as she had during their lessons, to rely on communicating through signing. It’d help for fluency.

To Cian, she kept her signing slow as she explained, Tāne is unique and like us. He is from another country and nobody knows his language. He says he is a kiwi. She signed for the fruit, laughing as she did so as a pun for both Tāne and Cian. Tāne would recognize this from her explanation that there was apparently a couple of different ways to say where he was from... and she had already made this joke before. When she realized that he was Australian, she begged him to teach her a few words. They started with “Māori,” which was the official name of his language.

We’ll be heading back inside now. Stay warm, Tāne, she bid him goodbye. Chloe drew Cian around the castle to a side entrance. It was another secret passageway and one that’d lead him to a very familiar face.

@Tānekaha Wanui
@Cian Chevalier

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Abigaile Gifford
 Posted: Aug 4 2017, 03:38 PM

The Tiny Terror

Age / 9

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Boston

Single / Boys Are Gross

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/ Eastern

Post Count/ 19

Abigaile liked not having to try to sneak up on Cian. It was a pleasant constant in death that she could almost always surprise him.

"CIAN!" She rushed from the walls to float in front of him. shouting his name to startle anyone else nearby. Her hands moved in stiff, but functional ASL. You help! Cantaloupe sass. Rutabaga stole the whole forest! Bar exam for lunch, swear by shoes. She held a triumphant pose for several seconds before bending forward giggling. Her hands sped up and became fluid in their motions. Nah, I'm just screwing with you. This whole thing got way more emotional than anyone told me it would, though? I'm gonna bounce. Chloe turns out to be really good at teaching things when you can practice instead of sleep. She flashed the bluenette a thumbs-up. Plus, Ulfrik's teaching me all kinds of rude gestures in exchange for useful ones! This worked out great.

Throwing out a series of impressively blasphemous curse-signs, she hovered higher in the air. "Chloe! I owe you one for all your future signing conversations that are no longer private. Use it wisely!" Later, Cian. I'll find you both at breakfast when things are slow again. And with that, she flew into the ceiling, and was gone. A faint shout could be heard from above, along with the clatter of dropped books.

@Cian Chevalier, @Chloe Chevalier
PM
^
Cian Chevalier
 Posted: Aug 6 2017, 02:18 PM

"Key-in"

Age / 15

Blood Type / Halfblood

Single /

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/ Central

Post Count/ 120

Cian was glad to know that some of the students wanted to learn more sign and be able to converse. Chloe’s popularity probably helped that, he had to admit. He knew that she was much better with people than he was. Not that he would complain. She had gotten all these people to learn some ASL, after all. It will be less clandestine with more people learning, he signed with a smile. I’m glad we still have BSL and ISL. The way the Chevaliers signed with each other was different enough from ASL that even the students who were learning a lot wouldn’t be able to eavesdrop on their family conversations. Even though he had been somewhat resistant to learning ASL in the first place, he was now glad that the other students wouldn’t know the language their family used.

A boy that Cian recognized from class but didn’t know appeared next. He smiled with amusement, though not unkindly, when he messed up the sign for stranger. I hope we’re not strangers for long, he responded after Chloe had told him about Tane. Bye, Tane, Cian waved at the boy as they headed back into the castle.

As soon as they were inside, Abigaile came rushing out of the wall. Chloe’s reaction was more startling than the ghost, really. True to form, she jumped at what Cian assumed was Abigaile yelling. At her barrage of incomprehensible, but somehow proper signs, Cian’s eyebrows knit together in utter confusion. He looked to Chloe for some sort of explanation before his attention was drawn back to the ghost girl and she began signing for real. He shook his head, but laughed at her curse-signs. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself, Abigaile.

He looked to Chloe to translate what Abigaile had said. Again, I’m glad we still have our own language, he signed to Chloe, switching back to a mix between BSL and ISL. He had gotten used to using pure BSL with the Holger twins, but in this case he made sure to mix in the two language to make it more difficult for Abigaile to catch any of it, in case she had picked up some BSL.

@Chloe Chevalier @Abigaile Gifford @[Tānekaha Wanui]

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chloe Chevalier
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 04:25 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Single /

Author Alias / Redshirt

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 145

Scared me half to death! Chloe mock-scowled at Abi. It was one of her favorite ghosts though. This was one of those times that she was envious of Cian’s deafness. He didn’t have to suffer from audial spookiness. When Abi started with her mess of ASL, Chloe had to cover her mouth. They’d talked about this joke and it was as hilarious in the plotting as it was in the delivery. When Cian glanced at her, she nodded for him to look back at Abi.

Abi held a special place in Chloe’s heart since she was the first ghost she’d ever interacted with at the school. Ulfrik was her favorite, but Abi was always a great time. Chloe translated the message meant for her, not minding it since she didn’t really keep things from Cian, well, not stuff like this. The surprise was altogether something different for him. Abi was right, it was rather emotional. More than Chloe had expected. Chloe preened with pleasure when Abi said she owed her one. That was a great favor to have tucked into her back pocket. Sharing a smile with Cian, she wondered how he’d use it if he had it.

When she disappeared, Chloe snickered, laughingly explaining to Cian, she scared someone in the corridor above us, I think. Sounded like someone else shares my penchant for being frightened.

Same, Chloe returned and then her face went slack with absent horror and she quickly signed, Oh bloody hell, we’ll have to run outside. There’re two very special guys waiting for us out there freezing their gonads off. Taking Cian’s hand, she nearly dragged him back outside, trying to remember where they were. Fortunately, it wasn’t too far outside, but the evening’s darkness had settled by now. It would have been difficult to see if it weren’t for the brilliantly lit night sky.

“HEY! YOU GUYS HERE?” Chloe bellowed, fearing that she’d missed them and they’d gone back to their dorms. Dropping Cian’s hand, she twisted around in a slow circle, trying to find them.

@Cian Chevalier
@Damian Holger [Just one post of them entering, signing, and then leaving! <3]

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Damian Holger
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 05:10 PM

Age / 13

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Oslo, Norway

/

Author Alias / Kitsune

Timezone/

Post Count/ 25

"Of course not!!! Why would we be hanging round here waiting for your sorry butt for so long?!" Damian yelled back the second the boys heard the familiar voice of their favourite female counterpart of the other fantastic twin duo. They had planted themselves down for a patient game of 'nothing' just a few meters from where Chloe had literally dragged her brother to.

"You should be lucky we come from places far colder than this Chloe" Dominic replied with a smirk before the boys set their eyes on Cian and giant matching grins adorned their faces.

Cian! there was no way they could actually enforce their sign of his name with exclamation but the enthusiasm of which they moved their hands had to be enough to show it. She dragging you around to random places too? It so weird. First we're just minding our own business and then next thing we know this blue haired senior is ordering us outside! In the cold! Damian finishes his signs by folding his arms and sending the girl a very unhappy look.

Dominic for his part just chuckled slightly. But she did say it was for a good cause. And you know us, we can't deny request from our other favourite pair of twins. Chloe told us a while ago about you learning the new signs; you trying to outmatch us with languages now Cian? I don't know if we can allow that. The blonde haired boy gave the older wizard a cheery smile conveying his lack of seriousness to the statement. Damian gave up his little stare contest with the slightly shorter girl to give his attention where it truly mattered.

I don't know what it is about these 'Americans' but their sign is crap compared to our stuff. But yeah, what Nic said; next you're going to tell us you'll be learning Chinese sign! We'll just have to beat you to it, Cian!! Can't have one of our bestest, longest school friends get ahead of us. Then we'll never hear the end of it from Chloe...and her voice isn't always the most comforting first thing in the morning. Dominic sent a hard elbow nudge in his brother's side for the literal, off-handed comment.

What Ian said is right though, not about Chloe but next time you start learning something new; invite us? You two might be all amazing seniors next term but we twins have to stick together. You'll look out for us right big Bro? the boys gave the older Chevalier twins the thumbs up along with a smirk before a wave goodbye.

We need to head back inside now. The cold may not be a problem but hanging round doing nothing is. Cya in class Cian. Damian started up the walk back to the school while Dominic lagged a little behind to give an extra wave.

@Cian Chevalier, @Chloe Chevalier

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cian Chevalier
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 07:59 PM

"Key-in"

Age / 15

Blood Type / Halfblood

Single /

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/ Central

Post Count/ 120

Cian probably shouldn’t have been surprised that Chloe forgot about one of the meet ups. Not that he was in any way annoyed, he couldn’t possibly be annoyed with her at the moment. It simply struck him as a quintessential Chloe move to have forgotten where she herself had told people to go. Still laughing at Abigaile's antics and Chloe's mistake, he let his twin drag him outside again. He thought he had a good idea of who was going to be there, based on what she said.

There was some back and forth between Chloe and the twins before they finally appeared. Cian returned their grin, glad that they had made it into the rotation. Their antics between the two of them and Chloe made Cian laugh, a real laugh, not the silent laughter he reverted to in front of most hearing people. It was a clear sign of how comfortable he was with the Holger twins. If the twins didn’t know its significance, Chloe certainly would.

I’ve got English, Irish Sign Language, British Sign Language and American Sign Language now, am I catching up yet? he joked back. He couldn’t remember exactly how many languages the two boys knew, but he thought maybe he was getting close. If he wasn’t so busy trying to solve his spell casting troubles, he might have taken them up on the challenge. He always liked to learn about other people’s lives and cultures, so learning new languages was a worthwhile pursuit.

It made Cian smile to see Damian’s comment about being their best and longest school friend. The Holger twins had been the first students at Ilvermorny to reach out to him, they would always hold a special place for him. Oh, for sure, he agreed about sticking together. His comment may have seemed lighthearted, but he did mean it. Get warm! Cian signed, then waved back at Dominic, who had lagged for a moment.

Where to next? Haven’t forgotten anyone else, have you? Cian teased Chloe, once the twins had disappeared.

@Chloe Chevalier @Damian Holger

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chloe Chevalier
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 07:05 AM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Single /

Author Alias / Redshirt

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 145

When Cian’s silent, shaking laughter carried on for a bit longer than Abi’s antics, Chloe knew he was laughing at her. A large grin spread across her face until they were outside. When the twins shouted back, she jumped, though it wasn’t as bad when Abi spooked her.

I meant to swing by after Tane, but went inside for Abi instead. Good thing, yeah, I’m so sorry, Dom. Chloe was flush with embarrassment. When they said ordered, Chloe very obviously rolled her eyes, the head movement would confirm her sass in light of Damian’s unhappy look. Which she stared back at him for the space of Dominic’s practiced lines. Chloe’s fist pumped into the air when Damian looked away to continue his speech, Chloe grinning at him until she heard Damian make a jib about her voice.

“Hey!” Her mouth dropped until Dominic picked up the verse again.

Cian’s laughter had been the best part of the night so far and had surprised her as much as Abi and the twins. They were close with Cian and Chloe appreciated their participation and friendship perhaps the most of any of the non-family that had joined in the festivities tonight. Thinking about it, Chloe suspected there was much she’d do for the twins for what they’d done for her, but most especially what they’d done for Cian. His happiness was a better balm to her than all of this learning. Her appreciation was found in her simple goodbyes to the Holger twins. Maybe she’d see if they recognized the significance of Cian’s laughter later. For sure, Damian was getting a scathing letter.

Hey! Geeze, it’s difficult to remember where everyone is without writing it all down! She laughed as she signed. Just a bit of a walk back up to your common room. It’s getting later.

What they’d find when they rounded the corner to his common room were a bunch of students around the school that, after hearing that their friends had learned this secret language, wanted in on it, too. It was about a dozen people from various houses. Big and little Davies were there, too. When they signed, it was proficient and fluent, at least with the alphabet.

Hello Cian. | Good evening Cian. | Evening Cian! | Hi Cian.

We would like to officially welcome you to the school. Big Davies grinned at Cian. His little brother beside him seemed more adept at signing and picked up where he left off, sort of like a spokesperson for the group.

We know there are translators, but Chloe explained how frustrating it is to see everyone and not be understood universally. Like seeing a cake, but not being able to eat it. We want you to know that we weren't trying to ignore you.

A young, second generation Indian girl spoke up, her hand movements so precise and beautiful, You are not ignored. All of us felt a bit lonely until we realized that we were not alone in this feeling. You are part of us at this school.

Now another boy stepped in, If you like, please talk with us sometime. Chloe says we’ll want to practice. Who better than you? He smiled shyly at Cian.

Chloe glanced at Cian to see if he had anything to say and then spoke and signed to everyone, Thank you everyone, that was beautifully done. I will not be able to continue lessons until next term. You are all wonderful. Have a good night, don’t be late for curfew!

A group of second years shouted for hugs and grouped around Cian’s legs and each other, then everyone was in a rush of goodbyes after seeing if Cian had anything to say.

Bye Cian! | Goodbye Cian. | Sleep well, Cian! | Happy Valentine’s, Cian.

When everyone cleared out, Chloe discreetly wiped her eyes and shrugged, smiling up at her twin, So this is us, Cian. I mean, you anyway, I can’t really hang out in your common room. I just wanted you to know you’re loved and all of that sappy stuff. Happy Valentine’s day, Cian. She hugged him tightly.

@Cian Chevalier

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Cian Chevalier
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 08:18 PM

"Key-in"

Age / 15

Blood Type / Halfblood

Single /

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/ Central

Post Count/ 120

Cian followed Chloe back to his common room, feeling like he was walking on air. He would never have expected anything like this to happen. He felt so much love for his sister, and his family in general, in that moment. It was coursing through his veins, like a fire that protected and warmed, rather than destroyed. The anniversary of their parents’ deaths had been a huge hurdle for them, with tempers cracking and emotions running high. He felt the absence of Loughlin and Saoirse acutely, but he hoped that he could soon convince them of this love he felt for them.

As they rounded the corner, Cian faltered, surprised once more. He hadn’t thought there were anymore surprises to be had that night. As, one-by-one, those outside the common room began to sign, Cian’s eyes welled up again. Fervently, he wiped away his tears, not wanting to miss any of the signed messages.

Thank you, he signed to them. He felt he should say something to them all in return, but words seemed to be failing him. You did an amazing job, Chloe. And everyone, too. He looked out at the students. He waved at the students saying goodbye and hugged the ones that had crowded around him. He had to wipe away tears again when they had all dispersed.

Thank you, he signed again. It was wholly inadequate. I love you so much, Chloe. I can’t believe you did all this. It was amazing. He signed this all the way they signed at home, not in the ASL that they had been using for the Tour. It felt more genuine that way. He returned her hug tightly, feeling the happiest he had in over a year.

@Chloe Chevalier

OoC: That was amazing everyone! Thank you so much!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/