Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
We have new main profiles! Go fill in the new fields.

Have you read the new rules yet? Find them here!
Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Autumn-- Late November | Highs 81°F/ Lows 63°F
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING: Constant heavy rains continue drenching the Mount Greylock area. No relief in sight. Outdoor activity is not advised. Please use extreme caution as flooding may occur.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

Something Furry this way blows, Site plot---Greylock
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 12:47 AM

Curly Top

Age / 25 | Height / 5'10

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Post Count/ 274

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Clara has always loved the weather through Greylock. The air was always just a bit warmer in the winter time than it would be anywhere else in the world. The opposite could be said for the summertime when the air was slightly cooler than it would be anywhere else. All in all it was pretty nice. So when the errant breezes began blowing through the little town randomly, Clara didn’t much attention to it. They were just fun little breezes that tickled Clara’s neck with her hair as it blew around. She thought Mark’s hair had looked sext before with his bedhead hairstyle, but it made it just a little wilder which made her like it more. She gave him a kiss goodbye as she left the twins with him and left for the bakery for her shift that day.

The walk over to the bakery was kind of uneventful. A few little gusts of wind blew through the area as she walked from her house to the bakery, the wind playing with strands of her hair that had fallen out of her braid. Clara was cutting through the park on her way to the bakery when she felt the wind begin to pick up considerably. Clara watched as patches of fallen leaves from the trees began blowing through the park little mini hurricanes, swirling around as they blew across the ground. The breeze hit Clara, the chill from it making her wish she had put on her jacket before she left. The chill from the wind make her teeth suddenly chatter. Another stronger gust blew through the park, bringing something furry with it.

Clara turned her attention towards a particularly interesting looking patch of leaves heading in her direction since they looked to be carrying with them something small and furry. The poor little thing looked like it was trying to gain traction against the harsh winds and was failing miserably. Clara rushed forwards against the wind gust just as the poor little thing was practically picked up by the strong gust of wind up off the ground. Fortunately, Clara was moving fast enough against the wind that she was able to scoop up the poor little creature before it went slamming back into the ground as the gust of wind died down. Clara cradled the little thing to her chest as she walked faster through the park before the wind picked up again.

“Its okay little guy...I’ve got you,” she cooed to the little creature, still not looking right at it just yet. “That big bad wind won’t hurt you anymore.” She pet the little thing’s head as she walked. Clara stopped at one of the benches in the park and took a seat so that she could get a good look at her furry little charge. Clara glanced down and realized for the first time that she was cradling a ferret to her. So that’s what was blowing around with the leaves, she thought to herself, looking over the little creature for any wounds. “Where did you come from little guy huh?” Clara spoke to the little furry as she inspected it as best as she could for any open cuts or scratches. There was something awfully familiar about the furry little thing. Like she had seen this particular ferret before. “Craig? Is that you?” she asked her furry little companion. About that same time, another strong gust of wind hit both of them. “Let’s get us inside huh?” Clara said to her furry little charge, making her way to the bakery. She held the ferret close to her as she walked to keep him from blowing away again.

Craig Meyers

mentions of Craig were approved by the author prior to posting

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Craig Meyers
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 04:45 PM

CJ

Age / 33 | Height / 5'9"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Dating / Briar Rose Scribe

Post Count/ 51

Cutter | Any

Craig needed to pick up a few things from town, that he wanted to give to Briar as a surprise. He knew that his boyfriend was into crafting projects and thought it might be fun to work on something together! He wasn't entirely sure how much he could help with a crafty item, but any reason to spend time together would always be welcome. Maybe he could come up with something special, that could help Briar see just how much Craig cared about him? Hopefully one day, his boyfriend would be ready to accept the love.

The animagus searched high and low in the nearby muggle town, for a project he could do, that he hoped Briar would like. He settled on a cross stitch kit with a really pretty home on it, something that felt like the sort of future he could see with his wonderful boyfriend. A nice home, maybe a few kids, some adorable pets and a large beautiful garden. When they were ready, of course. Craig picked out a special colour of thread to add his own piece to the finished project, the very same words Briar spoke to him when he asked Craig out. From now until hopefully forever.

The train ride back to Greylock was a little strange. As he was closer to home, the rail car he was in, shook a little with the wind and all he could do was hope that it remained safely on it's tracks. On his way home from the station, he found himself looking closely at the thread he chose for his addition to the project. It matched Briar's eyes perfectly and it made Craig smile.
A strange gust of wind struck, and Craig fumbled with his bottle of water before he pulled his coat closer to his body. In the process, he managed to drop the cross stitch thread and not a moment later, a mouse appeared out of nowhere to grab it.
"Oh no!" He didn't mean to litter, but he released the bottle to chase after the mouse. Once it darted down a hole, Craig's body morphed into his ferret form to chase after it and retrieve his thread. The creature would be good a scared, being followed by a natural predator. Another gust, stronger than before, picked up his small furry body, as his claws failed to grasp anything on the ground to keep him there. He squeaked and panicked. If he changed back too soon, he could seriously hurt himself when he hit the ground, or a nearby tree. The wind whipped him around enough to make him dizzy and it didn't look like he was going to be able to return to his human form in time. Before he knew it, he was safely in someone's arms. It was hard to see straight, but he was sure he knew that voice.

As Clara brought him inside the bakery, he managed to shake off the dizzy spell and he quickly crawled up her arm to circle her shoulders. Craig then leapt off, transforming back into his human self to land gently on the floor. He grabbed the side of his head, as his eyes finally settled.
"Oh, Merlin, that was going to hurt. Thank you Clara! Wow, I just have great luck running into you, don't I?" He slumped into a nearby chair, and held onto his head. "Stupid mouse." He grumbled. "Am I crazy, or was that wind really nuts?"

Clara Pickles
(Briar Rose Scribe for the mentions)

--------------------
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 12:54 PM

Curly Top

Age / 25 | Height / 5'10

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Post Count/ 274

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Clara got to the bakery and shut the door on another rather blustery gust of wind, just as it whipped its way through town. The crazy wind was really starting to make Clara a tad concerned as she looked out her store’s front door and watched the wind whip through the trees. What the hell was up with the weather lately? Clara turned away from the glass door as it began to rattle slightly, putting distance between herself and the glass door. Taking the ferret with her, Clara walked over to one of her small tables and sat down. Looking down at the furry little dude with her, Clara grinned at him. “Alright...out with it,” she told him, grinning as she watched the little guy climb up her arm up to her shoulder before jumping off.

Clara wasn’t all that surprised to see Craig standing in her store now in place of the ferret, holding onto the back of the chair across from hers. She was about to suggest he sit down when Craig took it upon himself to do it, his hand pressed to the side of his head. "Oh, Merlin, that was going to hurt. Thank you Clara! Wow, I just have great luck running into you, don't I? Stupid mouse." Craig grumbled, making Clara slightly chuckle. "Am I crazy, or was that wind really nuts?" Clara studied her best friend’s boyfriend for a second before chuckling and shaking her head. “It would seem so Craig,” she agreed with him, nodding. “It’s almost like we were just meant to cross paths or something,” Clara shrugged her shoulder. She didn’t really put much stock in the idea of divine intervention, but sometimes she really had to wonder.

If it hadn’t been for universal alignment, she might never have met Mark when she did. If she hadn’t moved to Greylock, she and Briar might never have found each other again. And if she hadn’t dropped her son’s pacifier, she and Briar might never have met Craig. The universe was being funny to her again. Clara chuckled again at his question. “No Craig...you are definitely NOT crazy. That wind lately has been positively INSANE,” she agreed, shaking her head in disbelief. The wind lately was getting positively ridiculous. Clara found herself looking at Craig curiously though as she thought about something he had mumbled just before. “Mouse?” she asked him, grinning a little. “What mouse?”

Craig Meyers

mention: Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Craig Meyers
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 10:30 AM

CJ

Age / 33 | Height / 5'9"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Dating / Briar Rose Scribe

Post Count/ 51

Cutter | Any

Lucky for Craig, Ferrets weren't a common wild animal in Greylock, making it easy for Clara to assume that it was the animagus being picked up by the wind. Even if it wasn't him, though, it was nice that his friend was willing to help out some poor animal, suffering in the crazy wind. Without her help, he was hoping to shift back into a human before he hit the ground to lessen the blow. But he wasn't entirely sure he could've made it on time, as being whipped around made him dizzy and unable to see straight.

"I um... Well, I went shopping for a few crafty things for Briar and the gust of wind made me drop some really nice cross-stitch thread. It matched Briar's eyes." He smiled dreamily for a moment. "But this mouse pops out of nowhere and stole it from me, which is why I was a ferret at the time. I wanted to get it back! Then another wind struck and wham! The mouse is gone, the thread is gone and I'm being picked up. I'm glad you were there to catch me." He sighed and held the side of his head.

"It was the last bit in that colour, I'm going to have to hunt down some more from somewhere." Craig shook his head and smirked at Clara.
"Is this sort of wind normal for Greylock?" He's been in places where the weather did seemingly strange things, but had geographical explanations for the phenomenons. It didn't make sense there in his new home.

Clara Pickles

--------------------
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 01:23 AM

Curly Top

Age / 25 | Height / 5'10

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Post Count/ 274

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Clara listened as Craig told her about his outing and the reason why he had been in ferret form when she had come across him. A mouse had stolen cross-stitch thread that he had picked up for Briar that matched his eyes? Awwww….how cute was that?!! The pair were getting closer as far as she could tell if Craig was already out buying things like that for his boyfriend, her best friend. She liked that he and Briar had each other. She could not have picked a better person for her best friend to love. She knew that Briar loved Craig, he just hadn’t figured out how to say it yet. She knew he would when he was ready. If she knew anything about Briar Rose Scribe, it was that he would do things in his own way and in his own time. It was how he was. He’d tell Craig what he needed to when he was ready to. Clara nodded. “I’m glad I was there to catch you too,” she told him, offering her friend’s boyfriend a smile.

Clara pouted lightly at Craig’s comment about the thread for Briar. Cocking her head to the side, Clara thought about it for a second. “Hold on a second,” she told Craig, getting up from her chair. Clara walked over to the kitchen door and went inside. Rummaging through one of her storage totes, Clara went looking for the box of threads her Aunt Charlotte sent her. Why her aunt thought she would need them was beyond her, but Clara had kept them anyway. “Aha!” she muttered to herself, pulling the shoebox out of the tote. Carrying the shoebox out of the kitchen with her, Clara set it down on the table where Craig was sitting. “My Aunt Charlotte sent me a bunch of spools of thread for some weird ass reason,” she told him, putting the box down in front of him. “You’re welcome to look through it if you want and see if there’s anything in there that might work for what you had in mind,” she told him.

Clara shook her head at Craig’s question about the winds. “Nope...the wind has never been like that here,” Clara replied, frowning. “I wonder what could have caused the wind to do that,” she wondered aloud.

Craig Meyers

mention: Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse