Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Duo of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Stacy's mom has got it going on., Tag: Sofia Moon, otherwise open
Arne Reinhardt
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 10:30 AM

Metal Charmer To Be

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Turners Point, WA

Single / On the prowl

Author Alias / "Jane Doe"

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 35

For the majority of the past year, Arne had been seeing a now sixth-year Pukwudgie named Melanie. She was nice enough, but she didn’t really like Cass and that was a deal-breaker in Arne’s opinion. Cass was a year younger than Arne and even though she didn’t hang out with him and the other guys very often he considered her to be one of his best friends. He and Cass had met a few years ago when he’d seen her in passing and thought to ask her out on a date. She had straightened him out on her preferences rather quickly and though he had been embarrassed at first he had soon gotten over it and they were now thick as thieves.

Cass would have been his first choice to partner with for this amortentia lesson of Professor O’Reilly’s if she hadn’t been a fifth year and still in intermediate classes. As it was, Arne was only a sixth year which meant he had to find a seventh year to partner with, preferably someone who know something about potions or at least had a semi-no nonsense reputation. He wasn’t terrible at potions by any means and it had been at least a few months since his last explosion, but Arne didn’t want to take any chances. This was amortentia, after all. He had seen first had the effects it could have on someone and with his track record he didn’t think he needed to get in trouble for hitting on the wrong girl.

The smell of the bubbling cauldron in the center of the room curled around the Wampus and he unconsciously smiled as he let himself relax into the soothing scent. He knew that everyone smelled something different but he didn’t know how anyone could smell anything different than what he was smelling in that moment. It was the most amazing combination of scents and he didn’t think he had ever felt as perfectly content as he did in that moment. But, if he didn’t want to irritate the new professor, then he would need to get to work. After all, Arne wasn’t exactly the type of student most professors couldn’t wait to have in their class. That was Tobi, and Arne wanted to fly under the radar for as long as possible.

“Partner?” Arne turned to Sofia Moon, a seventh year and fellow Wampus with a grin. They were in the same house so surely such a kind, pretty witch wouldn’t want to leave her fellow housemate floundering? “After all, Professor O’Reilly doesn’t want us sixth years alone without having any explosions.”

Tag: Sofia Moon
Cassandra King (for mentions)

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Sofia Moon
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 10:26 AM

Age / 17

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Winnipeg, Canada

Single Pringle / Herself

Author Alias / Reanie / Ren

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 72

Sofia wanted to flee. The Wampus wanted to run very far away when she noticed in what kind of spectacle the potion class was turned into. It was a bit too over the top. It made her uncomfortable, especially since she shared the class with Guiles and Sterling as well. She tried to find a spot in the darkest, less visible part of the classroom. Also, a place that would be potentially far away from the Quidditch captains, if not both. She never knew if soap boy #2, Logan, would do something with all of his charms. The girl just knew she didn’t want to be somewhere around the romantic drama happening that would surround the boy everywhere.

Even though it wasn’t her favorite subject, Sofia paid full attention to the new professor. Professor O’Reilly was weird when you simplify an explanation for her personality. The state classroom already made her uncomfortable, but the ginger witch’s character was a spectacle of itself. She didn’t have any respect for the students and their embarrassing moments in life, randomly addressing rumors. It annoyed Sofia a bit. It made her feel sorry for young Kiernan; he was such a kind and cute boy. He didn’t deserve such a humiliation.

However, Sofia couldn’t say that the older woman wasn’t experienced in the field. She noticed it quite well from her confidence. Her way of talking also peaked her interest, especially when the bubble went around the room. The smell she experienced was the smell of cotton candy, the smell of the refreshing air on a sunny day after rain and the smell that reminded her of Quidditch, as well as a particular keeper. She didn’t know if it was a scent only specifically for Guiles or it just felt like something resembling Quidditch in its entirety. She definitely smelled it while having lunch with Guiles once or twice.

Luckily the class assignment seemed to go in groups, which the witch preferred. The Korean was such a mess at potions that she. The wizard, Arne, beside her turned around to him. He suggested being partners and the only thought that Sofia had was: ‘he probably doesn’t know that I’m the worst student here.’

I don’t think there will be any fewer explosions if you partner up with me, but sure,” she chuckled as a reply, trying to seem like she’s joking, “Survival rate isn’t that high on my team.

~---~
Arne Reinhardt - Logan Beaumont IV; you wanted to join right?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Arne Reinhardt
 Posted: Oct 5 2017, 06:05 AM

Metal Charmer To Be

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single / On the prowl

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 35

Still riding the high from the ever present Amortentia, Arne was finding it a little bit hard to concentrate and be his normal charming self, but he managed to keep a straight face at least, and gave Sofia an appropriate laugh when she made a joke about survival rate. “Well I’ve been accident free since June,” Arne then said with a straight face. “So it seems like we’ll balance each other out.” They hadn’t really had class since June, but that was besides the point.

“Besides, survival rate in the Advanced year isn’t that high either. With all the love drama going on right now I’ll be surprised if someone doesn’t end the year without a single accident…” Arne himself was known for being a bit of a flirt. He enjoyed talking with pretty witches and making them smile and it was true that in his on again off again relationship with Melanie he did sometimes go on dates with other witches while he and Melanie were off, but he had always made his intentions perfectly clear and there had never been overt displays of affection or declarations of love.

“So, what is it that you smell?” he prompted. “A hint of the Pitch after it rained, perhaps? Strawberry jam and a bit of ash? Cause that’s probably me then.” He posed in a ridiculous manner which suggested that he was not at all serious although he had named three things which he often smelled like.

Tag: Sofia Moon
OOC: Sorry it took so long to post the reply, my internet situation really isn't ideal right now.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Logan Beaumont IV
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 07:55 PM

Loofah, Logs

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York City, New York

Attention taken / all the pretty Pureblood girls

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 87

Logan slid his chair in at the table where Arne and Sofia were working with a huff. “I hope you guys don’t mind me joining you. Chevalier has the plague.” He nodded towards the table where he left her. A pang of guilt resounded as he thought about how, once again, he had been an ass. Sometimes it was hard for him to remember Katie’s advice when he really needed to. He tried to ignore his feelings as he caught up with the conversation taking place at the table.

Arne had asked Sofia what she smelled, and described the different aspects he could make out when he smelled the potion. Logan cringed a bit, hoping he wasn’t asked the same question. How would he answer? The truth was too risky. Someone might be able to figure out who he liked if they sat next to Chloe and picked up on the vanilla and hint of flowers. Plus, she was known as an artist, so the paint smell could narrow things down to her.

Instead, he tried to redirect the conversation to something safer. “So, how do you want to tackle this? I don’t even want to make this potion. It’s causing enough problems in this school.” He scowled as he remembered his obsession with Bridget, and how he almost revealed his feelings to Chloe when she met him in the tower.

Glancing back at Chloe, his guilt was relieved a bit when he saw that she was working with Sebastian and Vittoria at another table. Still, Katie’s words nagged at him. Logan tore a sheet of paper out of his notebook and scribbled a messy “Sorry” and drew a small stick figure of himself in his Quidditch gear. He strategically tossed it so it landed near Chloe’s bag. He figured she would notice it eventually, and hoped she knew to open it.

Arne Reinhardt
Sofia Moon
Chloe Chevalier (for the apology)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sofia Moon
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 04:48 PM

Age / 17

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single Pringle / Herself

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 72

We haven’t been to school much since June.” Sofia gave the boy a questionable, yet proud look for being clever enough to recognize the intention of his choice of words. It made her smirk a bit, trying to comprehend Arne’s train of words. “Perhaps we’ll be,” The girl looked from Arne to the ingredients in the middle of the table. How should she even start… “I haven’t really picked up on the love drama. It hasn’t affected people close to me,” she said while filling the cauldron with some water, using the Aquamenti spell. Her face was emotionless, like most of the time. She was thinking about the fact that she didn’t really have a lot of close friends. Yes, Blake was definitely in love and somewhat obsessed with Jax. However, it was due to a love potion. At least, she thought so. Sofia also didn’t believe that Guiles was affected by the love potion.

If it wasn’t bad enough to have one sixth-year depending on you, another one joined the group. Soap boy #2, Logan Beaumont, joined their table sliding into one of the chairs. “Uhh, sure. Yeah, join, I’m not really good at it though.” Had the witch even ever spoken to the boy? Perhaps not, she didn’t talk a lot. His presences and Arne’s question about her amortentia smell flustered her a bit. It was a normal question to ask in such a class, perhaps. However, the boy’s guesses were almost spot on. Her awkward tried to push away the question from existence. “Yeah, Logan. How should we tackle this? Are you good at potions?” Her look for the boy was a look that was searching for safety.

Well, perhaps she wants to find out the perpetrator. That jokester would be able to make the potion with ease,” the girl responded to Logan’s thought on making the potion.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Arne Reinhardt
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 03:56 AM

Metal Charmer To Be

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single / On the prowl

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 35

“Shhh,” Arne said when Sofia called him on his bluff. “It sounds so much better before people start questioning it!”

Despite the lack of accidents being a reference to potions class, Arne was actually quite proud of himself. He had spent the summer with his father and Tobi in the workshop, practicing some of the charms which his father, Tobias I, had learned from his father and so on. The Reinhardts were well known in the world of metal charming and home decorating for their beautiful pieces which they sold to purebloods who wanted the finest quality artifacts to fill their luxurious rooms. There hadn’t been a single accident (at least directly caused by him) and that was something to be proud of. Even Golden Boy Tobi had nearly burned the workshop down during his first summer of apprenticeship.

His roommate joined the table then and Arne gave him a nod of acknowledgement. “Just need another Wampus and then the success of our potion will make or break Wampus’ chance of winning house cup again this year,” he joked. Both Sofia and himself were not the greatest at Potions and Logan seemed distracted enough so whether or not he was a good Potioneer didn’t really seem to factor in.

He looked at Logan after Sofia asked him about his skill level and grinned at her suggestion. “In that case we’d better fail the assignment,” he said. “Make things go BOOM! I don’t want to be blamed for a mess someone else created.” Arne had a reputation for sometimes getting himself into sticky situations but he would either charm his way out of them or fully own up. After all, what was the point of doing something awesome if you didn’t take credit for it?

Tag: Logan Beaumont IV
Sofia Moon
OOC: I know that legally they’re not allowed to practice magic outside of school, but Arne is a pureblood whose dad cares more for family tradition than wizarding law.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Logan Beaumont IV
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 09:40 PM

Loofah, Logs

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York City, New York

Attention taken / all the pretty Pureblood girls

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 87

After some thought, Logan decided that he wasn’t going to participate in making the potion. It was an atrocity, and what Sofia seemed to imply did not sit well with him. “I’m excellent at making potions, but I have decided that I’m going to sit this one out. I can help you guys if you need it, but I think this whole lesson is ill timed.” He turned to Sofia, taking the defensive. “So, if I make the potion correctly, that means that I’m the one who made the potion and drank it or something?” Arne’s comment made Logan smirk. “Making it go boom wouldn’t be a bad idea, my friend. Though, we might lose some points for Wampus.”

Logan crossed his arms and scowled at the ingredients on their table. Was Professor O’Reilly really that inconsiderate? There was nothing humorous about the love potion. He had made a complete fool of himself. Leaning back in his seat, Logan began expressing his thoughts loudly. “I can’t believe Professor O’Reilly thought this lesson was a good idea. It is completely insensitive. As if it is a good idea to have us make this stuff while someone is running rampant around the school slipping the potion to students.” He didn’t care how loudly he had said it, or if the professor overheard him.

Sofia Moon
Arne Reinhardt
Mae O'Reilly

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sofia Moon
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 04:21 PM

Age / 17

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single Pringle / Herself

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 72

Sofia chuckled at Arne’s remark about her questioning his words. She didn’t really know how to deal with the boy any other way without being awkward. She had the same reaction to the joke that the younger Wampus told afterward. The witch actually didn’t want another person joining their group. Hell, if she could look into the future, she had done it on her own even though she sucks at it. She wasn’t the type of girl that liked working in groups, but she still did it to learn at least something from it. But it seemed like it wouldn’t be the case here, Logan wanted to opt out of the assignment, which made Sofia sigh.

It was after filling the cauldron with water that she realized, her worse mistake in her lifetime was partnering up with the two sixth-year boys. The female Wampus just stared at Arne and Logan, helpless. Were they really thinking about blowing up the cauldron? The professor just told them that she didn’t want that to happen! If they wanted to fail the assignment, they could also just throw random ingredients in the cauldron instead.

Her mouth fell open, her eyes widened. What should she do? “I didn’t mean it like that. We shouldn’t make things go BOOM!” Her hand gestured resembled a small explosion. Her entire physique showed that she was flustered and nerves because of the entire situation. Sofia was surprised by Logan’s reply as well. She thought the boy was a bit dramatic, but not stupid. At least not stupid enough to want to blow things up and endangering others.

When soap boy #2, Logan, was suddenly trying to critic the professor in the most expressive way possible, she sprinted to the boy and covered his mouth with both her hands. She stared at him with the most flustered and nerves look ever. “Please, don’t be so dramatic and just make the potion,” she whispered “and please respect the professor.

~---~
OOC: will reply with Mae if it become more serious
tagged: Logan Beaumont IV ~ Arne Reinhardt

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Arne Reinhardt
 Posted: Oct 14 2017, 12:31 PM

Metal Charmer To Be

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single / On the prowl

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 35

Arne grinned when Logan agreed with him and he rubbed his hands together happily. Making potions explode was his forte and he was happy to be able to put some of it to use. They’d explode it rather early one so that the explosion wouldn’t cause irreparable harm to any of their romantic inclinations or destroy the classroom beyond the point of recognition, but just enough that Professor O’Reilly would have to flunk them for the grade. So maybe his mom was right when she said he could use his brain for better purposes, but that was the last thing on Arne’s mind in that moment.

Sofia poured the water into the cauldron and Arne began looking through his potions kit for thing that would react poorly with the ingredients in the first steps of the love potion. He looked up, however, when the older witch began to have a mild panic attack over the idea of exploding things. Arne was surprised but only allowed mild amusement to show on his face. “And why not, Miss Moon?” he asked, a flirty smirk on his face. This was going to be fun.

Logan’s big mouth, however, seemed to distract Sofia and she ran across the table to Arne’s roommate, covering what was likely to be a very surprised wizard’s mouth with two hands. “Please, don’t be so dramatic and just make the potion,” she whispered “and please respect the professor.”

Arne almost felt bad for the only witch in their group, she looked so nervous and upset at the prospect of them not only exploding their potion but also angering the professor that Arne wanted to pat her on the back and tell her that things would be okay if she just took a deep breath and a chill pill. Somehow, however, he didn’t really feel like this would go down very well… He made a funny face of slight confusion and Logan and shrugged his shoulders.

“With our track record,” he said indicating between himself and Sofia. “We’ll only do a good job if he—” Arne jerked his thumb at his roommate “—decides to participate but we can always sabotage in different ways if you’re that adverse to the idea of an explosion.” After all, Arne didn’t want a witness who could tell the teacher they’d done it on purpose. And who was going to be watching him so closely that his hand couldn’t just slip when adding a liiiiittle too much rose thorns or peppermint oil?

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/