Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
An Earthquake briefly hit Greylock in February
Repairs and recoveries are ongoing.

The final game is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late April--Early May| Highs 65°F/ Lows 45°F
Snow is melting and the weather has returned to seasonal expectations.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

Twelve uses of—, open
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 09:48 AM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Turners Point, WA

Single / Princes dont exist

Post Count/ 218

"Jane Doe" | She/Her/Hers

“The twelve uses of dragon’s blood are—” she read allowed, closing her eyes as her hand flipped her flash card, prepared to show herself the answer after she figured it out and check if it was right or not.

It was already February and there was not much on Laila’s mind besides prepping for studying and studying itself. She had already made a habit of walking around with stacks of flashcards in her pockets, all mixed up of course so she would have to access Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Care of Magical Creatures, and Herbology all within the span of a few minutes (and the same stack). Having to recall information at random like that was her technique for not settling in to a comfortable pace with only one subject. She didn’t want to sit down to her H.A.W.K.s and only be able to recall things in order of how the flashcards were! That would be awful!

Walking and reviewing her flashcards with her eyes closed, however, was not the brightest idea that Laila’d had. She was on her way down to Greylock to get a new book from Whale and Pen, Co. which promised to help her get interested in Potions and was planning on meeting up with her friends after wards for a coffee. Maybe she’d even swing by the Flower Pot and see what kinds of plants they had recently gotten in.

Mid-review of the seventh use of dragon’s blood, Laila crashed into another person and her deck of cards went everywhere, the only card left in her hands when she opened her eyes, the answer to that fateful dragon’s blood question. She groaned a little as her eyes read the rest of the answer before she had a chance to figure it out herself. “I’m sorry,” she said with a wince and a shrug as Laila scrambled around on the ground to gather up her scattered cards she apologized again. “H.A.W.K.s review.”

The H.A.W.K.s were a national exam for all American witches and wizards to take in their seventh year of education so most people knew how stressful they were for those graduating. That didn’t excuse her inattentiveness to what was going on around her, though. “That was completely my fault, I don’t know what I was thinking walking around like that with my eyes closed,” she apologized again as she slowly rose to her feet to meet the eyes of the innocent bystander who she had attacked so thoughtlessly.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jake Daniels
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 07:06 AM

JD

Age / 17 | Height / 5ft. 9in.

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Cape Trimble, Maine

Hey Girlie / Wanna Smooch

Post Count/ 26

Julian | He/Him/His/Whatever

It was Saturday! And that meant it was a weekend. And that meant town privileges. JD was late to meet up with his friends because he’d been struggling to finish his weekend homework assignment. In previous years he left his weekend homework for Sundays. This year, however, he was a seventh year. One of the big kids. He couldn’t leave his homework or studying to the last minute, he needed to be on top of things he needed to—JD’s thoughts were interrupted when Laila Kennedy bowled him over in the crossing of two paths. She scrambled around on the floor for a moment, picking up her cards and apologizing. It was kind of cute and JD was a gentleman so he bent down to help her pick them up, too.

Wait. JD’s heart jumped into his throat. H.A.W.K.s review? Already? He’d figured they were miles off but if people were already cramming for them… He scratched his head, trying to remember where he had put his schedule for the year. Probably lost under his bed with his planner. His mom always told him that if he were just more organized he would have an easier time. He always promised to get better. It would last for a couple weeks. Then he would forget to make his bed one day. Then he wouldn’t put away his shoes when he was back from classes. Then he would shove an assignment back in his bag instead of clipping it into his binder. The mess just cumulates from there.

He started to get to his feet as she did, opening his mouth to question her about the test but Laila beat him to the punch.

“That was completely my fault, I don’t know what I was thinking walking around like that with my eyes closed,” she said, meeting his eyes.

She had some real nice eyes. “I don’t know what you were thinking, either,” he said, reaching out an arm to help stabilize her. “But I sure am glad you ran me over.” His warm eyes, his smile, everything indicated that yes, he was flirting with her. He handed her the cards that he had gathered. “Here, I think these are yours. Mind if I accompany you to town? Wouldn’t want you to crash into anything else and get yourself into trouble, now would we?”

Laila Kennedy
PM
^
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 12:09 PM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 218

Last year, even a few months ago, JD’s flirtatious behavior would have caused Laila’s heart to flutter, her cheeks to redden and a smile to appear on her face. She would have been distracted by his (ohsocute) little dimple and rack her brain trying to figure out if he meant to flirt with her or if he was just being kind. Now, however, even though her heart beat faster at the sight of his smile, she pushed the distracting thoughts away.

She didn’t have time for boys. She had wasted enough time chasing after Eddie when there was nothing to be caught and now she had to focus on herself. Find out what it was that made Laila Kennedy tick, what is was she wanted in life. The answer she had given Silvia at the beginning of the year was still true. She wanted to do well in school, to work with plants, to better her Italian. But then she’d wasted half of her first semester and forgotten to set herself any kind of goal. Without Silvia there, her ever romantic and thought provoking tragic heroine of a friend, Laila felt lost, empty.

“Oh,” she said, surprised by his offer. It did make sense, she supposed. They were both headed the same direction even though they’d gotten to that point in different ways. She craned her neck to look behind JD as though she would be able to see a line extending from him to the school. She’d never tried to walk to town that way before. “That’s probably not a good idea,” she agreed and tucked the note cards into her purse even though she desperately wanted to review them. It was rude, however, to do that when one was suddenly accompanied by a very nice, albeit flirtatious classmate.

“So, any plans for the day, or?” It was rare to see JD alone without a gaggle of girls or his rambunctious friends running around him. “No Slate?” The Returning Feast kiss had already made the gossip rounds at the school including JD’s rather pathetic excuse and Laila thought it was kind of funny.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jake Daniels
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 02:15 PM

JD

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 26

A wide smile spilled across JD’s face. She had agreed, that was definitely, definitely a good thing. They started to walk to town and JD offered her an arm and a cheeky wink, being the gentleman that he was. “I’ll see some friends at the Grind,” he answered with ease before his face twisted into confusion. Slate? So the rumors her housemate had spread had reached her ears then, huh? “Slate?” he echoed. “No, we, I mean she and I, well…”

He shook his head. The only girl he was currently involved with was Chloe. She was okay looking with a nice butt and fun lips. But she was funny and friends with Arne and he thought that maybe if they took a second to actually talk instead of mashing lips all the time maybe they could be more, too. With Chloe though it was all business. JD had never really had a ‘girlfriend’ before who didn’t want to talk. Usually all his ‘girlfriends’ liked to blather on about things he didn’t care about. He didn’t know if he liked that or not.

But ‘girlfriend’ or no, he could still flirt. There was no law against it. He would never let it get any further. Besides, he and Chloe had never “defined the relationship” like his sisters were so insistent on doing with their boyfriends. Probably he should find her at some point and ask. Yes, that was a good idea. “We’re not together,” he said very clearly with a nod. Slate wasn’t around to hear so he felt safe. “She was either lying or joking. I don’t know which.”

Laila Kennedy, Chloe Chevalier, Eden Natter
PM
^
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 10:13 AM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 218

The serious look on JD’s face caused Laila to laugh. She didn’t know how she could do anything, but. His explanation of afternoon activities was brief and he spent much of the next few seconds stuttering and trying to explain that he and Slate were not at all together. “Yeah,” she said, her eyes twinkling. He was so serious! “I figured, since I’d never really seen you guys together much before and all…” Not to mention that JD had the reputation of being a really down to earth guy while Slate was kind of… anything but.

“Don’t sweat it.”

It was kind of hard to tell with Slate, sometimes. She always had one outrageous claim or another coming out of her mouth and it was kind of hard to keep up with them all. The dating of JD just might have been one of the most out there ones and the only one which Laila had felt confident in knowing was false. When in JD’s mundane life and Slate’s exciting one would they have found the time to meet up and get together?

Then again, Eddie and Veronica had somehow figured it out. Laila pushed those thoughts out of her head and tried to focus on more happy ones. Like talking with JD who was always a pleasure to spend time with. “I will say, though, that your fake relationship caused quite a stir among some of the witches.” She left out the bit about thinking they were unhappy with the idea that he and his cute dimples would be off the market because she wasn’t the sort of girl who overtly hit on guys like that but she thought it.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jake Daniels
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 02:44 PM

JD

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 26

JD laughed. Laila was funny. “Yeah, well,” he said, his cheeks dimpling. “Anyone who would be upset that I found someone to be with isn’t someone I’d want to be with.” Did that make sense? His forehead creased as he thought his sentence over, carefully. He hoped that it did. It made sense inside his head, anyway.

“I mean,” he started to clarify. “If someone doesn’t like that I’m with someone else, then that someone isn’t right for me.” He nodded, more confident with his sentence now. “That first someone, I mean,” he quickly added on in case she was further confused.

“What I’m trying to say is,” he sighed deeply realizing that now he had a lot of things mixed up by using someone’s instead of somebody’s. “If say I was dating Slate and then people were upset about that because they wanted to be with me, then those are people who don’t really like me and so I wouldn’t want to date them.”

There, that ought to do it. This hypothetical talking stuff was hard! “What about you?” he asked, turning the question around to her. She got to ask him about Slate, it seemed only fair he could ask a question now, too. “Any love on the horizons for you?”

Laila Kennedy, Eden Natter
PM
^
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 04:07 PM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 218

Laila had understood JD the first time he tried to say what he wanted to say, but she let him continue on stuttering, waiting patiently until he had finished. She didn’t want him to feel bad when he was going through all that trouble so that she would be able to understand him. “Right,” she said nodding along. “That’s a really good point.” Laila didn’t often stop to think about love or romance anymore. She had bigger things to worry about on her mind just then like passing H.A.W.K.s. At least they won’t determine if you pass the year, she tried to reassure herself.

JD wasn’t the smartest, but he had a nice outlook on life, Laila found. Pretty positive but with a good dose of realism. Or maybe it was just plain common sense. Laila lacked common sense, she never seemed to know when to give up. “Nah,” she replied, deflecting. “There was a time when I thought—” she shook her head. “But no, it doesn’t matter anymore now. I’ve realized that there are more things to life than dates and finding the one.” If he’s even out there. “Like taking and passing the H.A.W.K.s,” she raised her purse which contained the study cards she’d dropped when JD bumped into her.

“And you? If not Slate, I’m sure you’ve managed to find some other lovely girl to keep you company this year?” It was pretty common knowledge that more often than not, JD had a girl on his arm.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jake Daniels
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 02:56 AM

JD

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 26

As Laila mentioned the H.A.W.K.s, JD felt his stomach sink. He was supposed to be preparing for those. But it was so hard when the weather had finally calmed down enough that he could go outside and to the town.

"Right," he said, making a face. "H.A.W.K.s." He wasn't sure if he' ever be prepared. Studying and JD just didn't...jive. It was like trying to play fetch with crabs, it just didn't work and then you got yelled at for playing with your dinner.

Laila brought up H.A.W.K.s again as he asked her about her dating life and JD felt even guiltier. Here was someone like Laila Kennedy, probably going to do great things in life like graduate school. She'd probably go to university, too, and be incredibly smart. She already was, taking her future seriously and all that. And what was he doing? Making-out with girls and playing quodpot.

"Well," he said thoughtfully. Was he allowed to outright talk about what he and Chloe had? He got the impression that they weren't supposed to tell anyone. He didn't want to go around making assumptions about her (and them), either. "There's maybe someone, but a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell."

He offered a grin, thoughts of H.A.W.K.s momentarily wiped from his mind as he thought about how fun it was to meet up with Chloe all over the school and make-out.

Laila Kennedy

PM
^
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 10:17 AM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 218

JD was exactly the sort of guy who, if Laila hadn’t been so hyper-focused on H.A.W.K.s, she would totally have been swooning over. He had lovely hair and dimples and these cute little freckles. And he was nice even if he wasn’t exactly the smartest person around… Way back in first year she might have had a passing crush on him the way that eleven year old didn’t really look much past the general physicality of someone. But then she’d gotten older and realized that in order to actually want something more with someone she wanted, no, needed, to have a deeper connection.

“You can always join one of my study groups if you want,” she offered, thinking about how her schedule went. “I do Mondays and Wednesdays with Cian and Tuesdays and Thursdays with Ed. Sometimes Layla joins in.” She didn’t mention that she’d set it up this way because she didn’t want her study sessions to devolve into another fist fight. It was scary to think about what Ed and Cian had done to each other. Scarier, still, to think about what Ed had been capable of doing.

JD teased her by dangling a potential romantic partner in front of her face and Laila shoved him lightly. “Whatever, keep her to yourself then, Casanova. You know your little fan base will come along eventually to sniff her out, right?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse