Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Ava Fletcher, The doodles and thoughts of
Ava Fletcher
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 11:58 PM

Let

Age / 21

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Port Townsend, WA

Taken / Fiona Applebaum

Author Alias / "Jane Doe"

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 15

OOC: Utilizes fuzzy-time, takes place during midterm of Ava's fourth year

Ava rushed off the covered wagon as quickly as she could into the waiting arms of her grandfather. She hadn’t been this excited to see him since last winter break and that had been for different reasons entirely. Last year this time she had spent the whole term not sure if she would ever see his kind, wrinkled face ever again. This year, however, she had a lot more exciting news to tell him. She had a friend. A girl-type friend. While the concept of friends had been almost wholly unknown-to the fourth year when she’d first started Ilvermorny, Ava had quickly found a companion in one of the Pukwudgies in her Potions class. Her second year, her friendship expanded to Emrys Lucan and her third year it had expanded to Emery Kijewski-Jareau. Emery’s sister, Chloe, had been around her third year too, but Ava had never felt like they particularly knew each other that well and had refrained from calling her a friend to her grandfather lest she be wrong about their budding relationship. Chloe seeking her out at the Quidditch match, however, proved to Ava that the other girl felt the same way towards her and for the first time in her life Ava was excited to say that she had a girl friend.

“Papa!” she screamed as her arms enveloped the elderly man. “I’ve missed you so much!”

“I’ve missed you too, Mermaid,” he replied in the weathered voice she loved so much. “Have you got your things?”

Ava nodded and picked up the slightly worn suitcase that she used during the two-week long winter holidays. It was old and it didn’t roll at all and the lining was falling apart but it had been her father’s and Ava hadn’t wanted to part with it even after one of the latches had fallen off and she’d needed to use a large ribbon to keep it closed. Papa took the suitcase from her hands and led her away to the old rusty bug that he drove. Ava turned and waved good-bye to the students still on board the wagon and the other students who had also gotten off at her stop.

The drive to Port Townsend from Seattle was just over two hours without traffic, whether they took the Bainbridge ferry or not, so when Papa picked her up the two usually made a day out of it, as Seattle was a great deal larger than Port Townsend which meant it tended to have larger department stores where Papa indulged Ava in new clothes for the winter time that he would then wrap and put under the tree as extra-Christmas presents, liking that he could use the holiday as an excuse to spoil his only grandchild. In addition, there was the International District that Ava had always enjoyed looking through to get random items for school or to decorate her space in the dorms.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ava Fletcher
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 12:02 AM

Let

Age / 21

Blood Type / Halfblood

Taken / Fiona Applebaum

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 15

OOC: Utilizes fuzzy-time, takes place during the midterm of Ava's sixth year at Ilvermorny.
When she got off the train, Ava had been overjoyed to tell her grandfather all about the amazing term that she’d had. She wanted to tell him about apparating and how when she got back to school she was going to start her lessons and then right after her birthday she was going to take the test to get her license. Apparating was the coolest thing, she thought. It would allow her to find her mother easier—once she was able to get her hands on the address, that was. And the entire car ride home he had listened to her go on and on, smiling and nodding at the right moments and catching her up with the details of his Monday night bingo group, Thursday night poker group, and Saturday afternoon book club. However, upon her arrival at the little cottage, her grandfather presented her with a stack of books, applications and a phone number.

“I know you have your life all planned out already,” he said. “But I want you to take the SATs this summer and I want you to apply to some universities—for me, please? That number is the number of an SAT tutor who will help you with your studies since I know you probably don’t learn this kind of stuff at Sonora but this means a lot to me.”

Ava eyed the stack with suspiciously. “How long until I have to take the test?” she asked, wondering what this would mean for the upcoming term and the summer.

“Your school starts on September 1,” he said. “The last test date is August 29, and I hope you’d be able to take it at least twice so that you can submit your best score to the colleges. George is set up with a laptop because Demetre taught him how they work and you know, they’re quite amazing things! I’ve done all sorts of research!”

George was her grandfather’s best friend and she smiled at him though inside she had wanted to scream at the mention of Demetre. Her grandfather was so cute though, and so proud of how much effort he had put into this SAT thing that she couldn’t help but acquiesce to his demands. “I’ll take the tests,” she said. “And I’ll study as hard as I can and I will do my best to learn everything, but I can’t promise you anything because I’m going to be a Healer, I’ve known that since I was little, you’ve known that since I was little.”

“I know, I know,” he replied, putting his hands in the air and backing away slowly in jest. “Just do it for me, your old man?” In truth, Ava’s grandfather never really trusted the whole magic thing- although he would never dream of telling Ava that piece of information He had already lost his son and daughter-in-law to magic and he didn't want to lose Ava to it either.

“I know, I know,” she repeated. “I said I’d take them already, didn’t I?” She was kind of annoyed with the way he was pushing this on her. Like he didn’t trust that what she wanted to do was even feasible.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ava Fletcher
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 12:04 AM

Let

Age / 21

Blood Type / Halfblood

Taken / Fiona Applebaum

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 15

OOC: Utilizes fussy-time, takes place during the second half of Ava's sixth year at Ilvermorny.

Ava’s head fell to the table heavily, clunking into the stacks of books she had barricaded herself in with, only jolting it upwards when she felt the prick of her pen on her forehead as which point she only lifted her head to move the offending object out of the way. Though things with her mother had her shaken up at the beginning of the year she had begun to pull herself together to the point where that stuff didn’t really bother her anymore. Certainly she knew that things could have been worse. Her mother hadn’t fallen back into drug addiction like Chloe’s had, she was just a non-present entity in Ava’s life just as she’d always been. There was really nothing for her to get worked up over, Ava reasoned, she had her grandfather and she knew he cared more about her than anyone.

Which, funnily enough, was why she was sitting in this library as that very moment, hating her life. She’d finished her homework what felt like ages ago but she’d still spent the majority of her Saturday studying for a test that she really didn’t think was going to have that much of an impact in her life anyway. On multiple occasions she had thought about just failing it, burying those prep books in the depths of her closet and then maybe even leaving them there when she went home for the summer. But the thought of her grandfather’s face when he saw her test results pushed her through it. Perhaps if she were a psychoanalyst she might realize that she wasn’t studying to please her grandfather (no sane person would put themselves through that much meaningless work purely based out of a desire to make someone else happy) and that it was actually some sort of self-punishment as though if she pushed herself that much harder her mom would come back, if she made high enough marks on her SATs maybe she would love her again.

But since Ava didn’t have the ability to psychoanalyze herself, she just sludged through her books, systematically finishing her Ilvermorny homework in order of due date, reviewing her SAT vocabulary cards and math equations until her eyes nearly fell out of her head she was so tired. It was hard work, she was realizing, trying to fit six years of Muggle schooling into her extra free time was probably the hardest thing she’d ever done. As her sleep deprived brain attempted to make any sense of the “If x/3 = x2, the value of x can be which of the following?” question that was sitting before her, she felt tears prickling at her eyes. She had no idea how x could be -1/3, 0, or 1/3 and didn’t even know how to begin checking to see if it was possible to have more than one answer.

Her hands reached up, initially to massage her aching head but she soon found herself pulling at her hair. “This just makes no sense,” she whimpered to herself, feeling utterly pathetic. She was beginning to feel like she should have gone up to her room to study hours ago. At least there if she cried it wouldn’t be in front of anyone, but she knew that wasn’t an option because the last time she had gone there to study she had fallen asleep, and nearly been late to class. When she’d arrived there at last, to her embarrassment one of her friends had let her know that she had ink all over her face and when she’d excused herself to the bathroom she found that it was a backwards version of the very poorly written essay she had just turned in. She had thanked him and offered him his pick of her art supplies to use for the day as a reward, just glad that it hadn’t been Emery to see because she didn’t know what she would have done if he’d seen. Probably die of embarrassment, that’s what.

She closed her eyes shut and took a deep breath. She only had to get through another half hour of prep and then she could go to bed. She could already imagine the feel of her pillow against her face, the soft blanket tucked in around her chin and over her ears. Just thinking about it caused her tear ducts to prickle further and even though she squeezed her eyes shut tighter she felt three tiny droplets sneak out. And there it went, the dam broke.

OOC: Math problem pulled from the September 10, SAT Question of the Day.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ava Fletcher
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 12:06 AM

Let

Age / 21

Blood Type / Halfblood

Taken / Fiona Applebaum

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 15

OOC: Utilizes fuzzy-time, takes place in the summer between Ava's sixth and seventh years.

Ava had been excited to be back in Port Townsend that summer. It would be her last summer of being a Sonora student and she had planned all sorts of things to do with her grandfather since she planned on starting her Healer training as soon as she could after graduation. She had been excited, that was, until her grandfather had presented her with a large stack of books, brochures and a new calculator the previous winter break.

The collection of items had all been part of his idea that she needed to take the SATs and apply to Muggle universities as a back-up plan in case the whole Healer deal didn’t work out. Though she loved her grandfather dearly, the whole thing had irritated her greatly because she had known she wanted to be a Healer from the moment she found out that’s what her mother was. But she’d accepted his offer anyway, and she’d carried the books back to Sonora so that she could study in her spare time. The whole ordeal had left her with less time to paint and when she wasn’t in the Library being a monitor, she’d been in the Library studying to the point where she had almost started crying several times. It had also helped that since she was a sixth year she was allowed an extra break than she had in previous years. But she still didn’t understand why her grandfather was making her take these tests. Didn’t he love her? Didn’t he understand that the SATs were the devil incarnate?

And when she had arrived home that summer, expecting that the studying be done, expecting that she could finally relax, he had handed her a number written in faded out sharpie on butcher’s paper. It had been the number for an SAT tutor that he wanted her to call and there went the entire summer that she had planned out. She’d wanted to go camping and book shopping with him, and she’d wanted to spend a lot of time up on the roof painting like she had when she was younger and Papa had still been able to join her for a juice and cookie snack.

And so that’s how Ava found herself sitting at the impossibly small desk in an oddly bare classroom in Port Towensend High with fifteen or so students her same age, all of which seemed to have come with a friend. She nervously unwrapped a piece of gum since her grandfather had done some research and found that chewing gum somehow helped stimulate brain activity, arranging and rearranging her perfectly sharp pencils and erasers on either side of her brand new calculator that he had bought her specifically to take these tests.

She frowned, taking the first bite of the stick of gum (Ava loved to chew gum bite by bite because she felt it made the flavor last longer). Growing up she didn’t think they had a lot of money, at least Papa had always given her that impression, so she didn’t understand why he was suddenly spending so much money on these ridiculous tests and applications. She had finished all that she could already, leaving out the bits where she had to fill in her SAT scores, since Papa had said he would do it for her when they came in.

The test curator passed out the booklets after asking the students to be quiet and went over the instructions. This was the third SAT she had taken that summer, by now she had pretty much memorized the ridiculous speech at the beginning, and as the frail old lady who looked like she had nothing better to do than to knit sweaters for her cats went over them in her squeaky, wobbling voice that irritated Ava to no end she found herself wondering what Emery, Chloe, and Emrys were up to at that moment. [iProbably not taking the SAT, that’s for sure,[/i] she thought bitterly as she flipped her booklet over to the back to fill in the bubbles so that the grading machine could learn her name, address, sex, and ethnicity.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ava Fletcher
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 12:10 AM

Let

Age / 21

Blood Type / Halfblood

Taken / Fiona Applebaum

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 15

OOC: Utilizes fuzzy-time, takes place durng Ava's seventh year at Ilvermorny.

The library was quiet, other than the occasion scratch of a quill on parchment or someone flipping through the books, Ava couldn’t hear anything that was going on. It was a peaceful sort of day. Because it had been raining for the past few weeks and it was finally sunny out almost everyone was outside, enjoying the weather before it turned bad again. Ava herself wanted to go enjoy the sun but she had fallen asleep in the middle of studying the night before her last Care of Magical Creatures exam and ended up completely failing the test because of a certain dream. She normally wouldn’t have minded, however the requirements for Healing school had changed and she had to make a perfect O in Care of Magical Creatures or they would never accept her.
As a result, she had enlisted the help of Emery to help get her grade up. Everyone knew it was the curly haired boy’s dream to be a veterinarian and as a result he was the go-to person for Care of Magical Creatures help. In solidarity Chloe and Emrys had offered to hang out with them which pleased Ava.

However, as they progressed in the lesson and Emery’s encouraging words started to sound less and less like English and she began to have a harder and harder time concentrating, Ava was ashamed that more friends were there to witness her humiliation. She pushed her chair back from the table in annoyance and stalked off to an isolated set of shelves against the back wall, hoping that no one would follow her in order to give herself a moment to take a mental breather and clear her mind. She didn’t know why she was having such a hard time focusing, just that it likely had to do with that dream she’d had the night before the exam.

After a few moments, Ava felt a light touch on her shoulder. When she turned and saw those perfect green eyes her stomach nearly flipped. “Hey,” he said quietly, his hand still on her shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

Ava just bit her lip, imagining what it might be like to grab his face and pull it down to hers, to kiss him like people kissed each other in romantic-comedies. But she couldn’t, he was [i]Emery
. She wouldn’t be the one to break up their friend group—could she even imagine the shock and rejection that would take place if she actually kissed him?? “I, uh…” she trailed off, blinking as she stared at the curvature of his lips, wondering what it would be like to take them between her teeth and nibble ever so gently.

Emery moved closer, apparently concerned with the disconnected look in Ava’s blank eyes as she zoned out, loosing herself in a fantasy. “Ava?” She blinked again, startled, looking up into his wonderful, wonderful eyes.

“Will you kiss me?” she asked him softly, almost as if she were begging. She was half-afraid to hear his response. What if he didn’t like her back?
It was Emery’s turn to blink as he flushed red and began to stutter. “What do y—I mean, er—what?”

“That’s fine,” she said, feeling the corners of her eyes prick with tears. “If you don’t like me like that you only have to say the word.” Ava didn’t really know what was giving her the courage to say all this to him, but then again in a dream anything was possibly, right? (—perhaps, on some level she had always been aware the this was a dream and how she wished she would wake up now—)

“No, I—” and Emery pulled her to him, covering her lips with his own. A startling bolt of electricity jolted between the two as the unresolved sexual tension that had been building over the past couple of years finally came to a head and each gave in to each other. Ava reached a hand up to him, pulling his head closer to her, pressing herself tighter against him, trying to touch as much of his body with hers as she possibly could in the position they were currently in.

Emery backed her against the library shelves, his hands roaming across her torso, down her arms, behind to her back, lower… She sighed happily into his lips, sucking his bottom lip into her mouth to lightly bite like she had been desiring previously. She never wanted this dream to end and when they finally broke apart, breathless, they smiled at each other. “Ava,” Emery said as he tried to catch his breath. “I—”[/i]

“…need you to wake up,” Emrys said as he shook his friend awake. Ava opened her eyes, the sleep blurring her vision slightly. She was in the common room, she had fallen asleep studying, it was rainy out, and she had Potions in about ten minutes. “You missed breakfast,” he continued as Ava shot up and started to gather her things into her bag to head down to their first class of the day. “I brought you a little something to eat but you’ll have to eat it on your way to class so we’re not late. Hurry up now!”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/