Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
We have new main profiles! Go fill in the new fields.

> Have you read the new rules yet? Find them here!
Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Autumn-- Mid November | Highs 93°F/ Lows 75°F
Rain, with a chance of more rain.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC

light that up, forget the funk, rose party | cian, layla?
Sebastian Holtzer
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 01:22 PM

Seb

Age / 17 | Height / 5

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Krankfurt, Germany

Dating / Layla Dawson

Post Count/ 173

Cutter | Any

Sebastian nodded, picking up that Cian was offering to take over and help Laila return to the castle. At least that way, he could return to the ridiculous party and keep his eyes on his classmates to help wherever needed. Laila was seen with Layla, had his best friend consumed the same punch? That worried him to no end and he knew that he should go find her.

Honestly, the thought of being someone's white knight was appealing, a nice switch from being the heart-breaker he had already been. Now that he understood what was going on around him, he felt the need to do some damage control. Maybe he could find a way to sneak around as a fox, detect contaminated beverages and knock them over?

"Sounds good, Arne. If you find anyone who has become sick, signal for me and I'll see what I can do to help." He then offered Cian a smile. "Take good care of her."

Sebastian shook his head at Laila's comment and smirked at Arne.
"Yeah, let's go. We should split up to cover more ground. If I need you, I'll signal." The seventh year moved back towards the rest of his classmates.

Arne Reinhardt
Cian Chevalier

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cian Chevalier
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 03:24 PM

"Key-in"

Age / 17 | Height / 5'11"

Pronouns / he/him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, Vermont

Crushing / on Laila Kennedy

Post Count/ 295

Grace | she/her

Fortunately Arne remembered to cast the word spell on Laila which would at least make their walk back to the castle a little bit easier. It was already going to be difficult enough on Cian’s part since he wouldn’t be able to write and Laila’s sign language skills were still fairly basic. It would have been even more awkward if communication between them was additionally handicapped.

She thought he had nice eyes? Cian had never thought his eyes are anything special, just a boring dark brown. Not like the E-twins or Chloe, who had inherited bright blue eyes. He wouldn’t argue, though, if that’s what Laila thought. Unsure how to respond, particularly in front of Sebastian and Arne, Cian just smiled awkwardly.

Thanks, he signed to Sebastian, somewhat reluctant despite knowing that really he had been and was trying to help out. He knew that it wasn’t fair to be jealous of Sebastian or to blame him for anything that had happened, but that wasn’t doing all that much to mediate his feelings. He held up a hand in farewell and watched as the pair disappear into the darkness, leaving the ring of light cast by the orb.

This had been the plan all along, to get an opportunity to talk to Laila and finally get his feelings out in the open. However, this was not what he had had in mind. Laila was clearly out of it. How was he supposed to have any kind of a serious conversation with her now? The priority was to get her back to the Thunderbird dormitory safely.

Turning back toward the castle, Cian placed a guiding hand on Laila’s elbow, making sure to position himself so that he could use his right hand to sign, which would be easier. Hospital wing or common room? he signed slowly, adding in finger spelling too in case she didn’t understand the signs. Even sober he had to go slow for her, so he figured she would have even more trouble at the moment. He didn’t want to get anyone in trouble, but would take Laila to the nurse if that’s what was needed.

Laila Kennedy
Sebastian Holtzer
PM
^
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 03:33 AM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Turners Point, WA

Single / One day my prince will come!

Post Count/ 129

"Jane Doe" | She/Her/Hers

Cian walked beside her, giving Laila the opportunity to walk on her own which she appreciated. It wasn't that Sebastian's hand wasn't reassuring, but Cian's guiding palm on her elbow felt...calming, comforting. She let a lazy smile fill her face as they followed Cian's light towards the school.

"Can you just take me to bed?" she replied to his question, happy that on some level she could still semi-understand his sign language. "I just, I'm so tired."

The walk back felt longer than the walk there for whatever reason and Laila kind of wanted to just collapse right there on the forest floor and make herself a bed in the grass by a tree. The only thing keeping her going was following the enchanting spheres of light which Cian had conjured for them.

"Those, how did you learn to do those?" As far as Laila could remember, they hadn't learned any of that in class. But then again, Cian had always (as long as she'd known him anyway) been more than capable and one of the smartest people in their year.

Thinking of that only sobered Laila more. Cian was everything she wasn't. Smart, kind, talented. All she did was make people unhappy and wreck friendships and potentially relationships. Cian was a better friend than she could ever be to him (or anyone else) and thinking about that made the corners of her eyes tear up a little.

Cian Chevalier

Self-pitying thoughts are just from her coming down from the potion "high" she was on, they are not necessarily how she really sees herself.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cian Chevalier
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 07:27 PM

"Key-in"

Pronouns / he/him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 295

Grace | she/her

Despite knowing that all Laila meant was that she literally wanted to go to bed, Cian’s cheeks still reddened at her comment. Hopefully the shadows and pale light would disguise his embarrassment. It was clear now that he wasn’t going to be able to actually talk to her. Not too far, he signed distractedly. Watching her face, he could see that she seemed to be coming down off of whatever it was she had taken, but she was also plainly tired and not completely clearheaded. He couldn’t see anything good in trying to have a serious conversation right then.

Signed magic, he responded to her question, keeping his responses short and simple. With that, he removed his hand from her elbow for a moment in order to demonstrate, summoning another orb of light between his palms. After holding it out for Laila to see, he sent it up to join the others, giving the impression that they were being guided through the forest by a band of Will-‘o-the-Wisps.

Professor Scribe taught me wandless magic, he finger-spelled the name slowly to make sure she got it, and I have been learning a form of Native American signed magic from a book, he explained. Cian wasn’t much of a braggart, particularly since he had never had to compete with anyone directly until he came to Ilvermorny. Their parents had always let them self-direct their education for the most part so Cian was used to just following what he wanted to learn, rather than because he was or wasn’t good at it. However, in front of Laila he felt rather good about what he had accomplished and hoped that she would compliment him on it.

Laila Kennedy
PM
^
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 04:10 AM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 129

Laila took the bait.

Or, more precisely, although she didn't know that Cian was hoping for a compliment in both her tired, potion-addled mind but also her heart of hearts she was impressed with the work Cian was doing. He was probably the smartest wizard in all the school--and the most talented one, too.

It was her tired, potion-addled brain, however, which allowed her to verbalize this thought in a very...loquacious manner.

"Cian!" she gasped, her eyes shining at the beautiful magic he was doing. "That's the most glorious thing I've ever seen in my life!" She turned to him, beaming. "I don't think there's anyone at the school as clever as you!"

Laila turned her focus back to the lights, stumbling a bit which she counter acted by placing her hand on the arm which Cian was using to steady her. It was what it was there for, after all. Right?

"Did you teach yourself this one? Or did Professor Scribe do it?" If Cian had indeed taught himself this, then there was no question about it. Not a single one of their classmates could ever top him. The fancy purebloods at that party could suck it. Cian Chevalier, half blood and a knight in his own right, was better than all of them at their supposed 'birth right.'

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cian Chevalier
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 01:29 PM

"Key-in"

Pronouns / he/him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 295

Grace | she/her

Cian had been fishing for a compliment, but what he got was a lot more than he had expected. It should have made him flush with pleasure to have Laila exclaim about how amazing signed magic was. However, her over enthusiasm just served to remind him that she wasn't quite in a normal mindset at the moment. Would she be so impressed if she hadn’t been on a potion? Would she even remember this interaction in the morning? So instead of feeling good, Cian just felt silly for purposefully trying to impress her while he took her back to the castle.

Still, he managed to force a smile, not wanting to then make her feel bad or awkward. In the morning, when she was sobered up and remembered what had happened, she would probably feel awkward about it. He wanted to minimize that as much as possible. This plan was already not working out and he didn’t want it to backfire so completely that she would stop wanting to spend time with him at all.

Thanks. But I can only do a few so far, he added in an attempt to be modest. I learned this one from the book. The signs for the spell are ‘make’ and ‘day’. So it’s like a tiny little sun. He was tempted to launch into an explanation for how it worked, to explain about the root’s function in other spells, how the meanings and the hand movements fit together to channel magic the way spoken words did. However, he doubted she would be very receptive to it at that moment.

They were coming up to the castle now, having managed to get back through the grounds unscathed. Cian wasn’t exactly looking forward to the climb to the Thunderbird common room, but fortunately he knew where it was since it had been Saoirse’s house. Hopefully the stairs wouldn’t be too challenging. Maybe he wasn’t supposed to know where all the common rooms were, but with all his siblings split up, they had exchanged that information rather quickly when they had first gotten to the school.

Laila Kennedy
PM
^
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 04:47 AM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 129

If Cian wasn't very receptive to her enthusiastic response to his magic, Laila didn't notice. She was too enthralled by the beautiful balls of light dancing around them. His explanation, however, that caught her interest. Because he was signing to her (movements which caught her eye), she tried to focus solely on him.

So modest, Cian was. Not a braggart like Arne Reinhardt who he always hung around with or some of the other annoyingly confident pureblood guys. The combination of the words made sense and she appreciated him talking her through how it all worked. It still wasn't something she thought most anyone could do though, even if the way he explained it made it sound so simple, so easy.

Easy... Life was supposed to be easy, wasn't it? They were teenagers, privileged to be at a prestigious boarding school where their meals were taken care of and their education top of the line. Things were only supposed to get harder from there on out, so how much worse could it get? Sometimes it felt like everything was falling down around her. Only a week back and she'd already lost one of her closest friends--and the worst part was that it was completely her fault!

The moroseness over took Laila again, the delight from Cian's special magic slowly waning. "I shouldn't have gone to that party," she said sorrowfully as they walked into the castle. "It was irresponsible of me, but Layla promised it would help me forget and I wanted to forget." She lowered her voice to a whisper. She didn't want them to get caught, after all. "I said something really, really terrible to Eddie. I don't think he wants to be my friend anymore."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cian Chevalier
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 02:15 AM

"Key-in"

Pronouns / he/him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 295

Grace | she/her

As they walked into the castle, Cian paused a moment in order to vanish the balls of light. They wouldn’t need them anymore with the torches lighting their way through the corridor and he wanted to try to draw as little attention to them as possible. Laila could easily get into trouble for the state she was in and he wanted to avoid that. Just as he had explained, the spell to vanish the lights started with the same root with the second part involving his downturned hands so that they crossed over each other in front of his chest. The lights he had summoned blinked out.

For Cian, it didn’t matter whether or not Laila was whispering. However, he could tell by her face and body posture that she must have lowered her voice. Fortunately, it didn’t seem to affect the spell Arne had used and so Cian was able to continue reading what she was saying. Had what she was saying not suddenly become more serious, he would have made a remark about the convenience signing would make in this particular situation. He found it kind of amusing that she was having to whisper in front of a deaf person. However, he refrained, given she looked upset.

It was hard to believe that Laila could have done anything too terrible. In his experience she had always been kind and thoughtful, which was precisely why he liked her. I’m sure it’s not as bad as you think, Cian insisted. You should talk to him again. When you feel better and make sure there are no misunderstandings. Cian didn’t know Eddie or really much about him. He didn’t really seem like the kind of person Cian would hang out with and he hadn’t learned to sign, so he wasn’t someone Cian interacted with, despite being in the same year.

Laila Kennedy
PM
^
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 07:01 PM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 129

Cian. Kind, supportive Cian. Laila leaned into him as they walked up the stairs to the Thunderbird dormitory.

"I appreciate your confidence in me," she said with a sad smile. "Even if it is misplaced. You weren't there, I don't know if I could take it back if I even wanted to..."

Laila shook her head. She didn't even want to think about it, it was just completely awful everything she had said to Eddie, everything she had put him through.

"I said a bunch of thoughtless, insensitive things, and I don't even know why." She did, she did know why. But she didn't think now was a good time to get into it again. She had already rehashed how she felt with Silvia, Sebastian, and Eddie himself. Laila was done making a fool out of herself.

"Are we nearly there yet?" She was feeling tired, she was certain she looked as much of a mess as she felt. Laila Kennedy, Spirit Squad Captain and Co-Student Council President. Dumpster fire of a person. "I just, I just need to go to sleep and forget tonight even happened."

She was so embarrassed about making such a fool out of herself in front of Eddie, Sebastian, Cian, Arne, the entire school really.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cian Chevalier
 Posted: Yesterday at 02:48 pm

"Key-in"

Pronouns / he/him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 295

Grace | she/her

Cian nearly stumbled when Laila leaned her weight against him as they climbed the stairs. In order to correct for this and keep both himself and her upright, he ended up with his arm around her shoulders. While he was glad that he had run into Laila on the way to the party and had been able to help, it was still a disappointment that the first time he put his arm around Laila Kennedy had to be in a situation like this. He then immediately felt guilty for thinking such thoughts. He should just be glad that something worse hadn’t happened to her.

Well, you can’t know if you don’t talk to him, Cian offered. It seemed unlikely that he would be able to convince her of anything, especially in her current state. Maybe he would just check back in in a few days, make sure that she had at least tried to figure things out with Eddie. He knew from experience that letting things sit and fester was never the right way to go. While there was something to be said for giving people time, it was also important to clear the air.

Here we are. They had somehow managed to arrive at the top of the stairs near the Thunderbird common room. Cian wasn’t sure how they had managed to get through the castle unnoticed, but he was grateful. Trying to explain to a teacher what was going on was the last thing either of them needed. He lead Laila over to the Pukwudgie that guarded her common room, hoping that she would remember where she had to poke the statute to get in.

Cian waited until she was safely through the secret doorway before turning and heading toward his own common room. That wasn’t exactly what he had been hoping for when Arne came up with his idea. He sighed, running his hand through his hair. Was there even a point, he wondered. Should he and Arne even bother coming up with other schemes? Or maybe he should just tell her. Before it was too late.

Laila Kennedy

Achievement unlocked: Time loop closed!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse