Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Group of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Break Fluid, OPEN!
Chloe Chevalier
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 07:09 AM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, VT via Ireland

Single /

Author Alias / Redshirt

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 281

[OOC: Chloe's first stop!]

Not that Chloe thought herself stuck at school, but she rarely found time to go into town. Given that she didn’t have an excess of funds to spend either, she generally steered clear of it. But after her exams, she found a few spare knuts and the like to go into town. There was a town-wide sale! (Perfect for seeing if there was anything Cian might want for their birthday.) First stop, however, was The (Daily) Grind.

Her first day of relaxing and she wanted to spend it in conversation with a friend over coffee. Dressed in her usual closet-threw-up-on-me style, Chloe bounced into the cafe with all of her good cheer.

“Good morning~,” she didn’t necessarily need the energy the coffee provided and could’ve gotten one in school, but she was hoping for latte art!

“A caramel latte, pleeeaaase,” Chloe felt whimsical and silly, smiling up at the server. She started counting out the money and saw the tip jar. Turning to her friend in attendance, she tilted her head. “What’s usual for tipping if you’re really impressed?”

@Suzie Gura
@Chloe Jareau

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Suzie Gura
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 02:48 PM

Weirdo

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Allagash

Single / No Regrets

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 37

Suzie staggered out to the coffee shop. She hated being out this early, but needed the sale to load up on candy and treats for Chompy from the menagerie.

"Triple death wish espresso, burn it, black."

She threw an amount of money on the counter that was somewhere between a 20% and 200% tip. She'd sort the details out after the first cup.

Chloe spoke, and Suzie looked at her blankly for a few seconds before processing. "15% is a tip. 20% if you like the service or food a lot. 25% if you want to flirt with the wait staff. Whatever that is," she said, gesturing at the coins on the table, "if the coffee is what stands between you and death."

@Chloe Chevalier
PM
^
Chloe Jareau
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 05:24 PM

none

Age / 21

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

Taken / Coach D

Author Alias / Sarah/Kiva

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 61

Last day of the school year, Chloe knew that The Grind was going to be busy with people. She enjoyed the people, so she didn’t mind the work, but she also knew that Dimitri would have the free day and she really wanted to spend it with him. She would be leaving in a couple days for her next shoot and with him now off work, she had some things she wanted to discuss with him about it.

She had just finished up putting the last batch of muffins up into their display shelves when the early arrivals began to show up. Chloe gave each a bright smile (which she was sure neither noticed) and waited for them to give their orders. “Good morning.” Chloe replied "I love your hair, by the way." she added while punching in the orders for the girls. The blonde had quite the taste. Her coworker was awaiting orders while she took the money the blonde slapped down, taking what was due and putting a small tip into the jar before handing the rest back (she liked a good tip too, but she wasn’t greedy).

“Names for the orders?” She asked them. “For here or would you like them in to go containers?”

@Chloe Chevalier
@Suzie Gura
@Dimitri Porter - just for reference

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dimitri Porter
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 06:21 PM

Speedy

Age / 21

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Salem, Mass

Boyfriend of Chloe Jareau /

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 63

Dimitri was on one of the few days he had off from his job at the Sporting Goods place and coaching at the school. Since it was the last day of school for them, he had all summer to come up with training methods for practices once the kids came back to school for the Quidditch matches. It was also when he officially became a full staff member at Ilvermorny, working for his girlfriend's mom full time. Dimitri grinned at that prospect.

Dimitri had decided he might go make a nuisance of himself down at the Grind and bug Chloe for a bit while getting himself something to eat. Since she had to work during the sales stuff going on in town and he might not see her til much later, he was going to go see her sooner than that just because. Dimitri walked into the Grind behind a couple of girls who were clearly from the school and got in line behind them. He gave himself a good moment to admire Chloe as she was busy putting muffins into he front display case before greeting both of the ladies in front of him.

Dimitri couldn't help chuckling at the snippets of conversation he caught from the two teenagers and the compliment his girlfriend paid the blue-haired girl. He waited until the two teenage girls were out of the way before he reached the counter and leaned his hip against it, grinning at Chloe. Nodding towards the two girls, he greeted them both briefly. “Ladies.” Turning his attention back to Chloe behind the counter he grinned at his girlfriend. “Excuse me gorgeous, but I'm looking for something sweet....you wouldn't happen to be on the menu today would ya?” he asked her flirtatiously, wiggling his eyebrows at her.

@Chloe Chevalier @Suzie Gura @Chloe Jareau

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Suzie Gura
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 10:30 PM

Weirdo

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Allagash

Single / No Regrets

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 37

Suzie refused the returned money."Start me a tab if you can; I'm going to be here for a few cups, and I won't be able to add until the 3rd, at least. And 'Suzie,' for the name."

As she moved away from the counter, she heard the man behind her begin to flirt with the barista, and pulled a pen & paper from her bag. She scribbled a hasty note, folding it in half around the pen and handing it to the woman behind the counter. "Sorry to be rude, I forgot my friend's order, she's going to be joining us later. Can I get this too?"

Is this guy bugging you? The inside of the pen has 1 dose of ghoul dust inside, if you unscrew the cap. I think the colloquial term for its effects would be "weapons-grade boner killer," it could go on his drink if that'd help. I'd hate to think my caffeine saviour is back here needing their own saving. Maybe the note would be needed, maybe not. It didn't hurt to check.

@Dimitri Porter, @Chloe Jareau
PM
^
Kyara Valentino
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 12:50 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / New York, NY

Confused / feelings

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 98

It was the end of the school year, and Kyara would be returning home soon. The thought made her stomach churn as she waited for Charlie outside of The Grind. Since she assumed Chloe would be busy with her other friends and siblings most of the day, she had reached out to Charlie in hopes that hanging out with him a bit before they left school would help calm her nerves. They had become pretty good friends, and even though she wasn’t ready to divulge the entire story about Mark, she figured she could trust him with her worries. Her note was vague, and simply asked him to meet her at The Grind in the morning so they could talk about something.

When she saw him walking towards her, Kyara smiled and waved. “Hey, thanks for meeting me. I’m kind of anxious about going home and wanted some company.” She looked towards the door. “Want to get something to drink first?”

As they entered The Grind, Kyara spotted Chloe and Suzie standing near the front of the line. A man seemed to be flirting with the woman who was taking orders. Kyara shot a quizzical look at them, and then turned to Charlie. “What are you getting to drink? I’m thinking hot chocolate.” Coffee would only make her nerves worse.

@Charlie Antonin
@Suzie Gura
@Chloe Chevalier

OOC: I just tagged those I mentioned Kyara interacting with in the post.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Charlie Antonin
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 01:42 AM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Boston

Bewitched / by a Swedish witch

Author Alias / Tyler

Timezone/ EDT

Post Count/ 113

Charlie was more than happy to show up when Kyara asked him to meet up before they went home for the summer. She'd become a reliable friend. He was thankful to have her as that. It was what he really needed at his current state of fluctuating delusions of grandeur and his self-imposed isolation and borderline self-loathing.

"Yeah, it's cool dude. I'm happy to help with whatever you need. I'm here for you." Charlie had combed down the fringe of his hair a bit so that it dipped just past his eyebrows. He found that it worked as a little shield from the obnoxiously bright light in summer.

"I'll probably get tea with honey. I've got to prep my throat from how sore it's going to be from fighting with my parents about cutting my hair." Charlie smiled and reflexively ran a hand through said hair. "I just want them to lay off y'know? They want me to be some perfect future Ivy Leaguer, and I just wanna be Charlie, even if Just Charlie might be boring. It's the real Charlie. Model 1.0. You know what I mean?" Charlie sighed and placed the order for his tea. He went to play with the strings of the hoodie he wasn't wearing out of habit, but settled for sliding his hands into the front pockets of his khakis.

@Kyara Valentino
@Chloe Chevalier
@Suzie Gura

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Chloe Jareau
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 09:11 AM

none

Age / 21

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

Taken / Coach D

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 61

Chloe looked a little amused at the blonde when she asked to start a tab. "Sure thing." She replied, taking the money and setting it aside for her later orders. She didn't catch the blue haired girls name before her attention was suddenly taken away by her boyfriend. Chloe grinned at his cheesy line. "Do you see a Chloe on the menu?" She teased back. "Besides, you don't eat off this menu anyway.". She added.

Suzie, the blonde, came back around for an order for a friend. "Sure." Chloe said cheerfully, taking the pen and paper from the girl as they were offered and then read the note, nearly choking at the message. This girl was daaark. "Where have you been all my life?" . Chloe asked the blonde, handing the pen back to her. "I'm alright, I could have used this last week though.". She added.

There were more people in the shop now. "You've become a creeper to the teens, babe." She teased him. "I'll grab your usual drink. If you want to wait a minute for me to get their orders?" .

She took the orders for the new comers and waited patiently for those who hhadn't decided yet.

@Dimitri Porter@Chloe Chevalier@Suzie Gura

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dimitri Porter
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 04:11 PM

Speedy

Age / 21

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Salem, Mass

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 63

Dimitri couldn't help chuckling when Chloe teased gim back. "Well there should be," he teased her back. "Who do I complain to about this?" Dimitri nodded when she mentioned that he didn't eat from the menu anyway. "Fair enough," he grinned at his girlfriend. Dimitri gave Chloe a quizzical glance when she read a note given to her by the blonde girl ahead of him. He figured he'd ask her about it later. "I am huh?" he grinned at her when Chloe told him he was apparently a creeper to the girl ahead of him. "I've been called worse," Dimitri shrugged, grinning. Dimitri nodded when she asked if he would wait for her to take care of the other people in the shop. "Take your time gorgeous...I'm not going anywhere," he told her, giving her a wink before moving to one of the counter seats out of the way.

@Chloe Jareau
@Chloe Chevalier
@Suzie Gura

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Suzie Gura
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 07:49 PM

Weirdo

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Allagash

Single / No Regrets

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 37

"Keep it in case you need some later," Suzie said, smiling faintly. "I'm sure there will be genuinely annoying customers, and I've got bucket of that at my folks' place." A moment of thought. "They're apothecaries. My folks are. I'm not just hideously narcissistic and convinced I'll need it." She rubbed a hand across her face. "Oh look, it's still I'm-not-awake-o'clock. Shut up, Suzie." Turning away, she shot finger guns at Dimitri.

"Glad you're ok, guy. And that you won't putting a dent in my antidote stocks."

She spotted Kyara, there with a boy she didn't recognize. Was this a date thing? Better to keep interaction limited, in case Kyara didn't want to be interrupted.

Suzie's small goodbye gifts were still tucked in her pockets. She fished around for Kyara's and pulled out the small, green-wrapped parcel. To the front was attached a simple red card.

Hey, it started. Suzie wasn't good at notes. I know you said home was kind of shitty. There're three turquoise vials in here. The contents aren't harmful if you follow the directions inside, and it's not physiologically addictive. I'm not telling you what it is or how to make more, just in case you're the type to get psychologically hooked.

If you mix the dust inside one into a drink, it'll give you your mental energy back. Make yourself some drinks of "I have more pep to fight asshole family members with" if you need them. It's like an industrial Pepper-Up you can mix into whatever you'd normally drink without changing the taste? Dark soda, hot chocolate, and coffee all hide the colour tint pretty well.

Anyway. Hope things don't suck too hard. I'm bad at this.

-Z

Suzie inhaled deeply, then walked over, holding the gift out to Kyara. "Sorry to interrupt, just thought I'd get you now in case we don't run into each other again before heading back." She turned to go again. Interrupting potentially romantic end-of-term time was low on Suzie's to-do list.

@Kyara Valentino, @Chloe Chevalier, @Chloe Jareau, @Dimitri Porter, @Charlie Antonin
PM
^
Dimitri Porter
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 09:15 PM

Speedy

Age / 21

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Salem, Mass

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 63

Dimitri turned towards the counter where Chloe was still talking to the blonde girl and was surprised to see blonde fire finger guns at him. "Glad you're ok, guy. And that you won't putting a dent in my antidote stocks." Dimitri smirked at the teenage girl and chuckled. He offered her a small, two finger salute and nodded. “So am I,” he told her, having no idea what the girl was talking about. He gave Chloe a questioning smirk.

@Suzie Gura
@Kyara Valentino
@Charlie Antonin
@Chloe Chevalier
@Chloe Jareau

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Chloe Chevalier
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 06:29 AM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, VT via Ireland

Single /

Author Alias / Redshirt

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 281

“Thanks! I tend to stick out a bit with it,” Chloe smiled, palming and playing a bit with her hair while she ordered.

“Gross, Suzie, burnt?” Chloe made a face at the other. She only gently teased though since, unlike her, Suzie wasn’t a fan of mornings or any part of the day as the sun struggled along its rise.

When the coach waltz in, Chloe was surprised to see how familiar he was with their server.

“Morning coach Porter,” she chimed up when he greeted her and Suzie. When he said he was looking for something sweet, Chloe slapped her hands up to her mouth and glanced at Suzie as they stepped away from the counter. Was she going to be alright? Suzie seemed to know what to do and Chloe was relieved since she didn’t want to step on the coach’s toes. Glancing back at the barista, she wondered if she was alright, but she seemed to be handling her own. Was her smile forced? It seemed pretty natural.

Why would she be on the menu though? Alarm spread through her as cleared her throat. Taking a leaf out of Suzie’s book, Chloe decided to return to the counter to clear up some things. “Sorry coach Porter, excuse me. Erm, hello again. Chloe. My name is Chloe for the order,” Name provided albeit awkwardly and with a few concerned glances between the coach and barista, Chloe considered Suzie for whether they’d want to stick around awhile or not. “We’ll take our drinks here, please, and that’s Suzie with a ‘z.’”

Chloe confided with a smile to their barista, “She’ll be a bit put off if you mix her up with one of our classmates.”

“Oh!” Having heard the barista refer to him as babe, Chloe nudged Suzie with an elbow, “You’re dating, aren’t you?” She was relieved to see that nothing untoward had happened to anyone and it’d all been some grand misunderstanding. Giggling at Suzie’s finger gunning, Chloe waited off to the side for their drinks orders, waving at Kyara as Suzie approached her and Charlie.

“Oh bugger, payment. Erm, whatever stands between me and death. Sounds about right!” Chloe chirped, laying down a slew of her own coins on the counter before receding those two steps back to let others order.

@Suzie Gura
@Kyara Valentino
@Charlie Antonin
@Dimitri Porter
@Chloe Jareau

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Chloe Jareau
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 06:53 PM

none

Age / 21

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

Taken / Coach D

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 61

Chloe laughed as Dimitri demanded to see someone about the menu, her attention turning away from him as the blue-haired girl interrupted them to give Chloe her name. “Oh, hey! Name twin!” Chloe exclaimed, pointing to her small name tag pinned to her chest. The two girls were complete opposites, but it was always funny to Chloe was she met someone who shared her name. “And you got it, Latte is Chloe and the special coffee order is Suzie with a ‘z’.” Chloe marked the cups and handed them to her co-worker who began the process of making them.

“Well thank you.” She said, putting the pen carefully into her pocket. She would definitely be using it at some point that week. Probably not at work though since she needed the side job for a while but maybe when she was out without Dimitri (she found that most guys give her space when she was with her boyfriend). It made more sense for the girl in front of her to have such unique items at hand when her parents worked in that field, but she did wonder what sort of jobs they did if such things were at hand for her.

“Yes, we are.” Chloe stated when the younger Chloe caught on that they were dating. “I promise he doesn’t go around throwing cheesy lines at baristas. Only me. I think anyway…” She added, teasing Dimitri. Since her name twin had called him by his title at the school, Chloe didn’t want the others to be concerned about one of their staff members. She shook her head at the look Dimitri gave to her. Let him wonder for awhile. She’d tell him later anyway.

Chloe picked up the money the other Chloe provided and set aside what wasn't needed for future orders. "Thank you." She added, waiting for any other to place their orders while her coworker called the first order up as ready.

@Chloe Chevalier
@Suzie Gura
@Dimitri Porter

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dimitri Porter
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 02:03 AM

Speedy

Age / 21

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Salem, Mass

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 63

Dimitri grinned when Chloe started laughing over his joke about her being missing from the menu. He nodded towards Miss Chevalier when she told him good morning and saluted the other girl after she gave him some type of finger gun thing. Dimitri found himself a seat at one of the counter seats to wait for his Chloe to have a moment and chuckled when he caught the younger Chloe's question about the two of them dating. He smirked towards his girlfriend when she confirmed that he and the older Chloe were in fact a couple. Dimitri held up his hands in surrender and gave both of them an innocent grin. "I don't make it a habit to hit on all my baristas," he told them both. "I save all my best material for one person and one person only," Dimitri winked at his Chloe, still grinning at them.

@Chloe Jareau
@[Chole Chevalier]
@Suzie Gura

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Kyara Valentino
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 07:15 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / New York, NY

Confused / feelings

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 98

Kyara gave Charlie a sympathetic smile when he mentioned fighting his parents about his hair. However, in some ways, she wished that was all she had to face when she returned home. “Do your parents have your future all planned out for you?”

After Charlie placed his order, Kyara ordered a salted caramel hot chocolate. “These will be for here. I’m paying for his too.” She said, motioning towards Charlie. “The tea is for Charlie, and the hot chocolate is for Kyara” After she ordered she turned to Charlie. “My treat for your willingness to endure the whining you are about to hear.” She smirked at him a bit. “Actually,” she added as she turned towards the register, spotting a muffin in the food case, “Can you add one of those muffins? They look delicious.”

Kyara saw Chloe wave at her, so she smiled at her friend, and continued watching her for a moment. When Suzie approached Kyara and handed her a gift, the Thunderbird’s face lit up with surprise. “Suzie…you didn’t have to get me anything.” As she looked at the green package with the red card, she felt a bit guilty for not having a present to give Suzie in return. She thought for a moment and smiled. “Thanks. This might come in handy. I promise if I find something as unique as you, I will send it your way. Is it okay if I write you over the summer?”

Since Suzie seemed a bit eager to leave, Kyara turned her attention back to Charlie as she walked towards the drink hand off. They probably had a minute or so until their drinks would be ready. “So…my parents sent me a very vague note, and I think they might be getting a divorce.” She bit the side up her lip, and looked up at Charlie, waiting for his reaction and response.

@Charlie Antonin
@Chloe Chevalier
@Suzie Gura
@Chloe Jareau

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/