Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Keep This Buried, Tanya's Tracker/Journal
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 05:41 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Minsk, Belarus

Single /

Author Alias / The Foxy One

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 134

Current
First Night - With: Farrah Welsh, Isabel Paine.
Nature of the Púca - With: Caleb Rowan
Girl Interrupted - With Amelle Nicchi - Guest Appearance: Kepler Elder
My Cossak Lullaby

Planned
Thread with Jett

Class Threads
California Dreamin' - Transfiguration - With: Dominic Holger, Kurt regan
ACME Corperation - Herbology - With: Coda, Daniel, Jett, Agda
Bogged Down - DADA - With: Sage Lennox, Elsie Caldwell.

Finished
The Most UN-Welcoming Feast - With: Isabel Paine - Continued in: First Night
It's Not Easy Being Green - Witth: Eric Dobson, Sata
Two months of Practice or Hell...take your pick - With: Sata, Eric Dobson
Too Late To Say Sorry? - With: Eric Dobson

One-Shots

Correspondance:
All it takes is a little perspective. - With: Chloe Chev - Mentioned: Eric Dobson
PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 05:04 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single /

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 134

Tanya sighed as she flipped through the bundle of letters she received from her cousins. She was almost through her first month of school and missed home like crazy. Never, however, would she let that on to Kepler or Bertram, they worry about her enough. Their first few letters were mostly that of encouragement, to ask if she needed anything she forgot, and to let them know if she ever needed anything from either of them. After that were the letters exchanged after receiving her first detention. Those were difficult to read through, but Tanya read them still because of the care that oozed from those letters.

Yes, Kelper was disappointed that Tanya let her emotions run wild, but she was also worried about Tanya. The two knew it couldn't be easy to adjust from only knowing four people your whole life to suddenly being surrounded by hundred non-stop. It was hard, but they knew Tanya could adapt. Sometimes Tanya felt like she could only get by just because of the faith her cousins put in her. On those days Tanya would hide in the library before her detention or squirrel herself away in the greenhouse to breathe the familiar smell of turned earth and warm plants. In those places she could be alone and pretend that it was just her and her cousins once again.

The next few letters were easier, as Tanya wrote about her classes, and the people she partnered with. Including a mention of the strange thing Dominic said to her about the Aurora Borealis. Kelper gushed over that, and ceaselessly encouraged Tanya to make friends with him. She said she would try in her return letter. Try. In Tanya's next letter she made sure to talk more about her roommates. They were okay, and Tanya wasn't as. . . mean as she was that first night. She didn't go out of her way to talk to them either, but Kepler didn't need to know that part.

Which brought Tanya to her latest letter. It was from Bertram. He talked of the house, and how Kepler had a big order from some big potions company who needed high quality ingredients. He sent her a package of cookies with the express purpose of sharing with her roomates, and lastly a giant surf poster. It was gaudy and had SURF'S UP in large lettering splayed across the top. Below that was a woman riding a tall wave on her board, with glasses over her eyes and a giant smile on her face.

The rest of Bertram's letter read:

This summer I'm going to teach you to surf, but only if you don't get expelled from school, okay? And I want you to invite whatever friends you make to come along too. We'll go to my secret beach spot in Cali and have a big day surfing and grilling. At night we'll sleep on the beach and in the morning go hunting for seashells. So hang this poster up in your room to keep you motivated. Remember that Kepler and I will always love you no matter what.

Take care, write back soon.

It was a bit to take in, but as Tanya hung the poster on the wall and just to the side of her bed she wondered if she would make any friends who would want to spend time with her outside of school. Surfing was always Bertram's greatest passion, she wanted to share that hobby with him, to have in common something he cared deeply about. Hopefully her roommates wouldn't protest the poster too much, it was huge though. If they bring up any complaint then she can shrink it smaller.

Tanya placed the letters into a wooden box. She painted it an ivy color, with delicate white flowers placed here and there and bundled around the corners. The box was placed under her bed with the rest of her art supplies. The only things that weren't under there was her easel and the painting in progress on it. The current painting was one she began at the start of the semester and had steadily worked on each night before bed.

It wasn't of the desert, but rather the view outside her Ilvermorny window. All the base colors were laid out, and in places looked blurry like trying to stare through a foggy window. Other parts were finished, with chunky paint strokes that showed off each brush of paint and the individual bristles of the brush. Soon she'll be adding her trademark splashes of color to bring out the contrast of her already vivid colors and bring even more depth to the image. She couldn't imagine how her roommates could complain about it as Tanya never left a mess and her supplies were always clean and put away after every painting session.

But now is not a time to worry about things like that. Tanya placed the cookies (chocolate chip) onto a side table, and pulled out a fresh piece of parchment to start her return letter.

Farrah Welsh, Isabel Paine - For mentions and for the sudden arrival of a giant poster in their room.
PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 08:18 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single /

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 134

Dear Kepler and Bertram,

Halloween was interesting. I painted my face like one of those candy skulls we ate for that holiday. The one with the sink? The school built a maze for students to go through and at the end was a party. I didn't go through the maze and was only at the party for a short while. Don't worry about me, I know you are. I ended up making a friend.

The sorta was left unsaid. While wandering around the halls she came across Caleb Rowan and his pet Púca. She greatly sugar-coated their encounter, but Kepler and Bertram would just worry more. It wasn't lying to them, but she was withholding information. Did it matter? She was doing well in her classes, knew some of her classmates and could talk with them. Art club was a saving grace as she could talk about the events and the things her fellow clubbers were painting. It made her sound much more social than she really was.

In truth she couldn't spill her guts to them as the saying went. It didn't feel right to think of her anxiety much less talk of it. Even less to write it to Kepler. She and Bertram had so much faith in her, she had to be strong for them. Strong for herself, too.

We talked and I got to see his pet rabbit and it seemed to like me. All in all I was happy when the festivities ended. It is a strange holiday and I'm happy to be back in my dorm room. Though, I did like the pumpkin juice they served at the party. Over the summer I want to try more foods. Also, please send more cookies. I think my roommates liked them.

Love,
Tanya

Tanya sealed the letter in an envelope and decided to wait and mail it in the morning. She was out of her make-up and dressed in her sleep gown, which was only worn in the dorm room. It was the only place Tanya felt comfortable showing more skin than her face and hands. She practiced a few spells before drawing the curtains around her bed and went to sleep.

- - - - - -

Tanya never considered keeping a journal before, and most likely would never have one until it was recommended to her. It was a way to get her thoughts down, and lately she's had too many thoughts. Too much of everything in her head. It made her want to hide in bed. That made her furious beyond reason. It can't mean nothing, everything can't be meaningless. Tanya didn't come so far just to find she's fallen backwards, that she's grown weak.

School was actually bearable, she had finished her never-ending detention with the Krampus and somehow made amends with Eric. Their hour study sessions actually turned out pleasant and she helped him with his work at times. That was a nice distraction from her own work. Something that had surprised her. Talking to people in general was starting to appeal to her.

That change was good, and she did well in all her classes. Students stopped staring, rumors died down. Life was. . . good.

Then boggarts started appearing in class lessons. Tanya always knew what her greatest fear was, there was no use lying about it now. Then they were to meet for class outside the forest. Details didn't matter here. She saw her boggart; her father as she remembered him from childhood. And afterwards she couldn't remember English. Couldn't speak or write it.

Tanya never wanted to be brought so low again, to be so gone in a memory that she couldn't remember how to speak. Worse yet, she couldn't recall the trip from the forest to the hospital. It should be something she could remember.

Sage and Elsie, her partners for that class, were the ones to bring her back, and even visited her in the hospital wing. Chloe wasn't able to visit, but she did send a care package through sage. After being discharged from the hospital wing Tanya eventually caught up with Chloe. But Tanya couldn't voice any of thoughts, or say what had happened. It was impossible to talk about why she went to the hospital.

Then the most amazing thing happened. Kepler got permission from the Headmistress for an emergency visit. Tanya almost cried when her dear cousin wrapped her in a tight hug. Tanya could feel like she was home, that school and its difficulties were far, far away. She could share more with Kepler than she could with Chloe or Sage, Elsie or anyone. Yet still, Tanya couldn't express everything.

Kepler said she arranged a meeting with the school counselor and Tanya couldn't say no. She wanted to, but she couldn't after being hospitalized from seeing her boggart father. But Tanya would keep Kepler close for as long as she had her. Kepler said she would stay in town through the next weekend, so that they could spend some time together outside of the school.

With a start Tanya realized that she hadn't written anything down, and trying to re-gather her thoughts was a lost cause. Tanya set the empty journal aside and fell into bed. All these emotions left her feeling drained and it was late.

It was time for sleep now.

Chloe Chevalier, Elsie Caldwell, Caleb Rowan, and Eric Dobson for mentions.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/