Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Sweet-toothed, and Itching for Sugar, open
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 09:55 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don't ask /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 101

The weather was too hot and Cal was not a fan of it at all, he had no idea why the heck the party had to be held in this sort of weather. Right now, he had no idea if his family were going to be sticking around Greylock, or if they'd be moving closer to New York, he hoped for the latter. Cal's job in the organization of the party at his grandparent's new place was to get a whole pile of cake and other sweet things. His list seemed a little excessive and it seemed to him that most of it would go to waste. "Only works if granddad is expecting a tea party with Elephants." He said under his breath as he placed his paper list on the counter.

The party was just an excuse to be 'social and respectable', according to his grandmother and they were all being forced to attend, whether they wanted to or not. Apparently having someone move from one country to another had to be celebrated at all costs. In some ways he was thankful that school was still going, otherwise the whole thing would likely be an all nighter.

"Is there anything lemon flavoured?" Well if his grandparents were stupid enough to trust him with a stupid amount of money, then he was going to treat himself. Well it wasn't really like one bun was breaking the bank or anything, and besides his grandfather wouldn't mind, because he'd done this sort of thing before.

Clara Pickles

--------------------
user posted image

*Lyrics Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings*
PM
^
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 04:22 PM

Curly Top

Age / 25

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 242

Clara was working alone in the shop for once since she had sent Julie on an errand and Saoirse was off that day. The twins were home with their dad, giving Clara a muchly needed break from synchronized crying, pooping and spit-up. Not that she didn't absolutely love being a wife and mother, Clara LOVED it, but ever so often it was nice to be able to do something that didn't involve her wonderfully goofy husband and her delightfully loud children. Clara loved being at home with her family or bringing the twins into work with her, but once in a blue moon she needed to be just herself. Today was one of those very rare days.
Clara flashed her usually friendly smile at the teenage boy who walked into her store. He wasn't one of her usuals so that made him even more intriguing to the redhead. “Welcome to Clara's Confections kiddo. I'm Clara….pleasure to meet ya,” she told him cheerfully when he set the piece of paper her was holding down onto the counter. “Lemon flavored? Hmm….now let me see,” she said thoughtfully, tapping her index finger against her lips. “That depends sugar...are you looking for just flavored, fruit filled or frosted?” She asked him, leaning forward against the counter. “Flavored I have scones, muffins, or cookies. Fruit filled would be the turnovers, puff pastries or mini pies and the frosted ones would be the lemon cupcakes with lemon filling and lemon frosting,” she told him.
“Looking for something in particular?” She asked him, flashing him an amused grin.

Caleb Rowan
Mark Pickles (for the mention)

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 05:05 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don't ask /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 101

"I didn't know there was so much to choose from. The only particular thing that I have as a requirement is that it doesn't contain anything with jam." Cal hated the stuff, it was too sweet even though he normally lived on sweet things. It was also too bity and often got stuck in his teeth, he hated most things like that though. He looked around the shop nervously, he had no idea why the heck his grandfather had even given him something like this to do, Cal hated shopping of any kind. There were so many choices and it was kind of hard to choose between the different options.

He didn't even want to go to the party at all, it was just going to end up in some sort of fight like the way it normally did. "Oh, wait that's not all. Is it possible to get a cake in the shape of the Mad Hatter's hat that counts down from the time the candles are lit and sweets pop out in a fountain type spray once you blow out the candles." Cal had almost forgotten to ask, it seemed like an odd question to ask, especially for something that wouldn't be needed for a few weeks. According to his aunt, the two younger members of the family were going to need some sort of present for getting into school and right now, both Faolan and Maebh had both developed an interest in Alice in Wonderland.

Clara Pickles

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 05:20 PM

Curly Top

Age / 25

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 242

"I didn't know there was so much to choose from. The only particular thing that I have as a requirement is that it doesn't contain anything with jam." Clara studied the teenager in front of her as he rifled off his request. “Alright. That can be arranged kiddo. I don't use jam in too many of my items and there's none in the lemon items I carry,” she told him, still smiling at the nervous kid. “How about I set up a sample box for the stuff and you can try a little of everything, that way you can choose your favorites for next time. How's that sound?” She suggested. She figured if he really had no idea what he wanted specifically than a variety thing should work well. It tended to be a big hit for the indecisive customers of hers.
Clara watched the irish boy with interest as he seemed to remember something else he had come into her shop for. She couldn't wait to hear his other request. "Oh, wait that's not all. Is it possible to get a cake in the shape of the Mad Hatter's hat that counts down from the time the candles are lit and sweets pop out in a fountain type spray once you blow out the candles." Clara chuckled at the boy's request, rubbing her hands together. “Not only is that possible sweetpea, but it would be an absolute pleasure to make,” she assured the teenage boy.
Taking out something to write with, Clara asked a few questions of her own. “What's the cake for? Birthday….celebration….anniversary….congrats sort of thing? Will there be names on and if so, what names and how should I spell them? Will there ve a message of some kind on it? If so, what do you guys want it to say? When will you need the cake for? And finally, what types of sweets would like to spout out of the cake?” Clara asked, making notes as the boy spoke. She loved making cakes for any occasion. She was already planning out the cake for the babyshower she planned to throw for her friend Cutter and his girlfriend for their baby. She needed to get in touch with his sister to get plans started.

Caleb Rowan

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Caleb Rowan
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 09:23 PM

Cal

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / New York

Don't ask /

Author Alias / Lisa

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 101

"The cake's for a celebration of sorts, it's for a party to celebrate my cousins getting accepted into school. I don't think my granddad wants any sort of message on it, it's supposed to be more focused on the sweet's surprise. The sweets have to be Galaxy Minstrels, it's the only thing that my cousins will eat without freaking out about texture problems. I think we're supposed to be arriving back here in the middle of August, so maybe around that time." Cal knew that his aunt was planning on getting some sort of penthouse apartment in New York, but everything had to wait until they finally arrived from Ireland and got settled down at their grandparents house in Greylock, until everything would become clear. Lately the twins had been oddly impatient to find out about their living situation, Cal already knew for a fact that he wasn't going to be living with his father, stepmother and stepsister, because some protective order thing had been put in place after what had happened at Christmas. It was likely that they would all have to meet with some social workers or something when they returned home.

Cal nodded at the idea of a selection box of cakes, he decided that he would break on some of his own money, he would feel wrong if he used too much of the other money. "Ok, that sounds good." Maybe if he didn't eat all the cakes himself, then he could share them out with a few different people that he was close to.

Clara Pickles

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 01:12 AM

Curly Top

Age / 25

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 242

Clara listened intently and took notes about the cake he wanted as the teenager spoke. He had managed to answer pretty much every single question she had regarding the confection he wanted. Clara nodded a she wrote everything down. Galaxy Minstrals for the candy, August for the cake, celebration of sorts for school acceptance. It seemed that she had all the information she needed except one or two things. "Okay...all of that is completely doable," she assured him. "I just have two last questions. "What flavors would you like for the cake and the frosting and is there anything anyone is allergic to so that we don't have any problems?" she asked him. She would hate to make the cake and treats for it and have someone get sick or Merlin forbid, drops dead from eating something in it that they were allergic to. Clara would feel absolutely dreadful if that happened. Best to deal with those issues before anything bad happens.

Once she got all the information she needed for the cake, Clara made a suggestion for the boy's request regarding anything lemon flavored. Since she had soo much to choose from and he wasn't sure what he wanted, she suggested putting together a variety box for him. He seemed to like that idea. It didn't surprise her much that he would. He seemed to not really know what he wanted so the variety box would give him a little bit of everything she carried. It made her finiky customers happy. Clara pulled out one of her signature purple pastry boxes and began filling it with goodies. She made sure to stay away from anything with jam in it as he had already expressed a dislike for that stuff. She even threw in a few of her vegan treats for him to try. Once she had everything she needed and the box was taped shut and ready to go, Clara rang the teen up for the treat box. "Okay kiddo...6 bucks for the treat box," she told him, smiling at the teen.

"I'll also need the name of the person picking up the cake...unless you'll want it delivered," she told him.

Caleb Rowan

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/