Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
Valentine's Day Rapid Fire is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Mid February| Highs 33°F/ Lows 25°F
BLIZZARD WARNING. Travel with caution, as visibility is low.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

Compartment Conversations, Closed: Adrianna
Loughlin Chevalier
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 12:57 AM

Lo/Lough

Age / 12 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, VT

Single / N/A

Post Count/ 18

Tyler |

Loughlin was happy to finally find an empty compartment on the train. Normally, he was up for a boisterous compartment filled with other boys, but today he just wanted quiet. He was all sorts of out of sort today for no good reason. He just really did not want to go home. Going home basically provided a constant reminder of Oh yeah kid, your parents are dead and you're the only one who survived the crash, you really should have died instead. He had to see the uncles, which for as accommodating as they were, they would never be and could never be his parents. Sometimes he wished he was Mia, and he could just only have wisps here and there of what any sort of before time was like. Instead, Loughlin had an eternal state of purgatory to bear on his shoulders. And then he got pissed when everyone else was bummed about their parents being gone because it was basically an acknowledgment of The world came crashing down that night everything is awful and horrible, let's not be glad for a second that our brother didn't get his own face flattened by asphalt and a two-thousand pound automobile.

He was deep in his nihilistic reverie when he heard the compartment door open. Loughlin did his best to smile. "Hey, Adrianna."

Adrianna Dupree

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Adrianna Dupree
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 10:35 PM

Age / 11 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Quebec, Canada

Single / TBD

Post Count/ 32

SAS |

Unlike most other students, Adrianna usually didn’t have anyone to sit with one on the ride to or from school. As such, she either had to try and find an empty compartment, which was difficult to do or share awkwardly with a group that she obviously didn’t belong to. In either case, she had learned early that it was best to have something to do. Sometimes, it was a book, but this time it was homework. She was behind on half of her classes, because she had spent extra time on her ballet. She didn’t know how her father had managed to do all of his schoolwork with excelling grades, Quidditch, and other activities. She did well in classes, but not to the same level that he had. Then, to add in these extra practices was detrimental to her schoolwork. She didn’t know what she would do if she failed at ballet after sacrificing her grades.

Adrianna had opened two other compartment doors, all filled with students. She was hoping the third one would be the charm. She had so much work to do. Opening the door, she saw Loughlin sitting by himself. “Hey, Loughlin,” she greeted, unsure if she should join or not. She thought he would be sitting with his family. She wondered what it was like to have such a large family. She had a younger brother who wasn’t at school yet and she didn’t have much in common with. Her parents she barely saw. Her father was always away on business or conducting business and her mother was bedridden most of the time. She was hoping that by being in this production, her father would at least come to see her, but she doubted he would. He hadn’t been to a single one of her ballets since she had started performing. She wasn’t even sure he would have known she did ballet if he didn’t have to pay for it. No wonder he had sent her off to a boarding school just so he didn’t have to deal with her.

“Do you mind if I join you?” Adrianna asked, waiting to get some sort of positive response before tentatively taking a seat. She pulled some candy from her book bag and offered it. She was in the middle of unwrapping a piece when she decided against it. Adrianna needed to be in top shape if she was going to be her best going back to dance classes. Tucking away her piece, she asked, “So, any exciting plans for the holiday? I’ll be trying out of a part in my dance studio’s Christmas production.” Over the last term, she had discovered that Loughlin shared a love of dance with her and they had even gone to Winter Formal together. It was the first time she had gone. It had been a lot of fun and she thought that maybe they could be good friends. Between this and starting to get to know her roommate, Lily, it was definitely an improvement from last year when she had no friends at all.

Curiosity getting the better of her, she asked, “How come you aren’t sitting with the rest of your family?” Adrianna didn’t mean to pry, but it always seemed that when the Chevaliers weren’t in the midst of a group of friends, they were with each other. It sounded divine. Maybe he had been saving this compartment for them? “Am I interrupting? Were you saving this for them? I can go.” She didn’t want to be a bother.

Loughlin Chevalier
PM
^
Loughlin Chevalier
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 03:31 AM

Lo/Lough

Age / 12 | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, VT

Single / N/A

Post Count/ 18

Tyler |

"Nah, go for it dude." He motioned to the bench across from him. He was sprawled out and staring at the ceiling with his messenger bag conveniently acting as a pillow, though his eyes traveled to make the polite eye contact necessary. Loughlin thought about his holiday plans while listening to Adrianna talk about her audition. "That's awesome, I'd wish you luck but I'm sure you'll get the part. My break is going to be pretty quiet, which is how I like it. Winter break is like a big detox from the pressures of school for me if that makes sense. I sleep in, read what I want, stay up late, and just generally enjoy myself."

Loughlin was a little amused that she seemed surprised that he wouldn't be with his siblings. "Eh, I'm about to be confined to a small area with them for a couple weeks, the last thing I need is to spend a whole train ride listening and interpreting thirty different conversations. I'd rather just my privacy, which is not to say that it's not alright that you're in here. It's perfectly fine with me, it's much more of a them thing. If they're sitting together it's somewhere else. I didn't really check to see if we had commandeered a particular compartment before I decided to claim this one as my own."

Adrianna Dupree

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse