Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

"I keep this love in a photograph", tag: Caelia
Edwin Murray
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 10:26 AM

Eddie

Age / 17

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Atlanta, GA

Openly crushing on / a Lucan

Author Alias / Reanie

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 23

Professor Nutjob had been quite tame for the past months, which was quite boring in his mind. Edwin liked little sprinkles of crazy. Compared to other professors, the redhead was like the craziest person on earth. It was a breath of fresh air from the likes of Professor Watson or Chambers. At the beginning of the year, she had taken it too far though. At least, if he should copy the opinions of his friends, two of them had even walked out of the class. He didn’t really notice the inappropriate comment from her because he wasn’t paying attention during that class. The brown-haired boy was too fixated into locking eyes with Caelia and perhaps working together with her, but it hadn’t worked out like he wanted back then. The setting would have been perfect to partner up with his unrequited love, but faith, aka her friends, didn’t let him. Potions was one of the two opportunities to partner up with the beautifully sophisticated lady. During the explanation of this class, Eddie was staring at her again, head leaning on the palm of his hand.

Even though it didn’t look like it, the Pukwudgie was paying attention to Professor O’Reilly words. He had to, otherwise, he wouldn’t have a good excuse to approach his pretty crush. The instructions for the seventh years weren't really interesting, except for the part that they could also choose to work on the developing, just like the sixth year. That would give him a perfect opportunity to convince Caelia to work with him on the potion. His alluring housemate seemed to be the type to prefer making pretty pictures than revise something. The fun assignment for class gave him enough options to get closer to the female students.

At the start signal, Edwin walked over to Caelia’s table, grabbing a polaroid camera from the desk in the process. Before he said anything, the seventeen-year-old was captivated by her existence so close to him. A bit unconsciously, he took a picture with the camera without giving any warning. The camera made a weird nose, which would have definitely caught “Sorry, you looked so pretty,” Eddie told her with his signature charming smile, “I felt obligated to take a picture. Do you want to develop it together?

~---~
ooc: A bit short, sorry.
Caelia Lucan
PM
^
Caelia Lucan
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 11:34 AM

just a silly little girl

Age / 17

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Massachusetts

Single / Waiting to be betrothed

Author Alias / "Jane Doe"

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 61

Caelia was trying really hard to pay attention in Potions class. It had never been one of her strong suits because Potions took a bit more concentration than the other classes. Caelia was gifted in that she possessed an incredible amount of magic but that was unfortunately offset by an inexplicable slowness. Over the past few years she had found a subject which she was very passionate about which had, in turn, increased her propensity for studying and since the brain was just like any other muscle, the frequent exercising of it to study Astronomy allowed her to do better in her other classes, to. However, because Potions took more concentration and a complex understanding of the various ingredients and what they might do, it had always been a class which she struggled in.

So when Professor O’Reilly gave them basically a free period to revise whatever they felt was their weakest potions in preparation for the upcoming H.A.W.K.S, she was elated. Maybe the professor was not as poised as a professor ought to be but she was young and seemed to understand better than some of the other professors what it was like to still be young. She wasn’t dousing them with extra work before their upcoming tests—Caelia could only hope she wouldn’t turn out to be a murderer like the young professor who had left under mysterious circumstances the year before. She snuck a furtive glance in Barnaby Pye’s direction. How was he taking it, she wondered. He’d never been a very sociable kid but between him and his brother, Caelia always would have thought he’d snap first. Ex-Professor Pye had been an auror after all!

Snap!

Caelia heard the camera before she even registered it was there and blinked rather awkwardly when she realised the person who had taken her photo was Edwin Murray, the weird Pukwudgie who had taken to trying to partner with her in every class they shard, recently. Kayla always complained to her that he would talk to her in classes Caelia didn’t share with them and she hated it. “Um, thank you?” she said questioningly, unsure why it the class clown had decided to make it his life mission to embarrass her. “I was kind of hoping to do some review though, I really need it if I’m going to pass the Potions H.A.W.K.S at the end of this year.”

She gave him an apologetic look. What was she supposed to say to him? Caelia hated disappointing people, even annoyances like Edwin Murray.

--------------------
user posted image
*being a fool sometimes does not make one a fool all the time
PM
^
Edwin Murray
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 06:02 PM

Eddie

Age / 17

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Atlanta, GA

Author Alias / Reanie

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 23

No problem, I could compliment you for hours if you want me to. After a certain amount of hours, there is a fee, though. I can’t give my Confidence Boost 101 course for free, obviously,” Edwin shot his charming wink and smile combo. For a second, he studied the photograph that was produced by the non-maj polaroid camera. Her blonde locks framed her cute face. It was youthful, yet her face also had a sophisticated side to it. Even though the picture looked perfect, the real-life version of Caelia was just beyond flawless. It was too bad that rejection was common to be released from her lovely lips. It disappointed him a lot. Nonetheless, he didn’t make the blonde notice it at all. “Of course, that is extremely understandable.” It actually wasn’t in his brain. Who wanted to review when they were able to make pretty pictures of each other and develop them? Apparently, his older housemate.

Quickly, Eddie glanced around the room, biting his lips to think about the possibilities before continuing talking. Talking was one of his skills. “You won’t mind me working on the developing solution on this table, right?" the male Pukwudgie slapped his hand on the wooden furniture. “Someone took my spot. Besides, I’m not the best at potions so the occasional help from a beautiful seventh-year.” The slap made his hand tingle a little bit, but he ignored it. Instead, he had a mischievous grimace plastered on his face. Excited to make some potions, he rubbed his hands together. As he started to collect ingredients from other spots in the classroom, he talked effortlessly with the witch – staying not long enough to get a response from her each time. “Besides, I can perhaps help you with some ingredients.” He went away again to grab some more equipment. “My parents are herbologists with a really big farm, so I was raised around a lot of potion ingredients” The boy went to the back of the classroom to get the biggest bottle of ink- which was probably more meant as a back B plan than to be used by students. Edwin took his long robes off so that his muscles could be more easily seen as he brought the contain on his shoulder back to his table. Girls liked to see that kind of thing, right? Or had he exercised for nothing in these past years? Eddie filled his cauldron with the ink from the container that was filled with 5 gallons of ink. It probably looked quite idiotic, as most students had just grabbed a normal soda bottle with ink. While filling, he shot a kind smile.

Great, finally filled it. You sure, you don’t want to work together?” he asked with raising his brows, “It is your last chance.” The apologetic look from Caelia had given him some hope.

PM
^
Caelia Lucan
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 05:41 AM

just a silly little girl

Age / 17

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Massachusetts

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 61

“Thank you,” she said with a smile, opting to ignore his attempt at what was that…flirting? Caelia didn’t understand. She was betrothed and even if she didn’t have the ring, the engagement was probably coming along soon and her friends knew about it. It was a bit awkward to have someone as ridiculous as Edwin Murray flirt with her in front of the whole class. Not to mention embarrassing. She had to wonder what his game was—and whatever it was, she was not going to fall for it. He was always making jokes and she was not going to be at the butt of this one.

She took out her notes and started to review but Edwin didn’t budge, apparently someone had taken his spot and since Caelia didn’t know where he’d been sitting beforehand she couldn’t verify if he was telling the truth or not. And if he was then that was kind of sad and even if he was trying to humiliate her in front of the school she didn’t want to be unkind to him—that was the sort of behavior that always came back to bite one in the…rear. “Sure, if you want,” she said, a little surprised at his offer to help her. “That would actually be really sweet of you.”

With that said, he left to get…something, Caelia wasn’t really sure what and she wasn’t sure she really cared either. But when he came back. She blinked twice and then turned away, a slight pink rising in her cheeks and a pale hand came up to shield her eyes. He was practically naked in the middle of the classroom! Or at least he might as well have been with how all of his upper body was practically on display through his clothes. White shirts had the nasty habit of doing that, especially the tight, nearly see-through kind. “What-what are you doing?” she asked, flustered now.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Edwin Murray
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 07:59 AM

Eddie

Age / 17

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Atlanta, GA

Author Alias / Reanie

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 23

The moment that Caelia called him sweet, his mind soared all the way to cloud nine. The girl also allowed him to work at the same table as her. That was a new step in their relationship. Most of the time, Eddie wasn't even able to be a foot away for more than ten minutes. That was how long it would take her friend to get rid of him. Through the years, Kayla had gotten better at it. Edwin was enjoying Caelia’s kind personality. Too bad that it didn’t take long for Eddie to ruin the non-existent romantic mood between the two. He had taken the little blush on Caelia’s perfect fair skin as a good sign. The brown-haired wizard had a habit of ignoring the signs that weren’t in his favor. So it took longer for him to realize that his eternal crush was actually flustered or embarrassed. Why was she shielding her eyes? It was as if the girl was something godlike, and not daring to watch it with her human eyes. Yes, his body was well developed. However, he wasn’t on god level just yet. The realization that she was flustered only came after she asked what he was doing.

Edwin looked down torso and his white button-down shirt that was part of his uniform. In his mind, there was nothing really wrong. His parents didn’t have endless money to buy him new button-down every time he grew a little bit or decided to work out more. It was a little bit tight. Perhaps his body was a little bit too much for innocent Caelia to handle. Her flustered demeanor made him chuckle. It looked so cute. Slowly, he put his robes back on. “The robes don’t give a lot of room to use my shoulders and carry stuff. Sorry,” he shot her a charming smile after his robes covered his physique. Eddie should have actually expected a different reaction from the blonde. Caelia was a lot more sophisticated than most girls. Of course, she would be flustered by seeing him in such a tight shirt. She was a lady. An angelic lady.

The offer is still up, so if you want to know more about certain plant-based ingredients. Just say the magic word,” he winked, before pointing at the Polaroid of her “ I’ll be just here, trying to make this version of you move.” Edwin emphasized the word ‘trying’. Yes, he was in the advanced class of potions. However, he wasn’t the best student in the class. Everyone knew that.

PM
^
Caelia Lucan
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 06:43 AM

just a silly little girl

Age / 17

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Massachusetts

Timezone/ CET (France)

Post Count/ 61

“Thank you,” she said softly when Edwin put his clothes back on. Maybe it was an over reaction but Caelia had liked what she’d seen and that scared her. She wasn’t supposed to like that sort of thing. That sort of feeling was wrong. She was practically engaged and she shouldn’t be having those messy bubbles through her stomach, that was wrong, that wasn’t ladylike. If she were having those sorts of thoughts about her future husband it would still be wrong but at least it would be a little bit more right than to have these thoughts about some random classmate with an ill-fitting, transparent shirt.

“I appreciate it, I do.” Then she frowned as though noticing the size of the toner Edwin had brought over. “Um, Edwin,” she said, putting her quill down and tilting her head a bit in confusion, her lips puckering in an imitation of her pale forehead. “Why did you need such a big bottle of that anyway? Couldn’t you have made do with a smaller one?” The five-gallon sized bottle he’d brought over was still full of ink even though he’d already filled his cauldron.

The quill and notes lay forgotten—there was something more interesting at hand and it wasn’t exactly as though she were disobeying orders. Professor O’Reilly had told them that they could participate in whichever part of the class they wanted to. And while she probably should have been getting to work on her revision, Caelia didn’t think taking a couple seconds to chat about Edwin’s oddities would hurt her all that much. After all, he was offering to help her with understanding some of the ingredients. He wouldn’t be much help in the actual potion-making portion of the class (and he definitely wasn’t known for being all that intelligent if his load of Advanced classes were anything to go by) but he did have working knowledge of plants because of his family, Caelia knew that much at least.

“Um, maybe when you’re done with that you can explain the use of alihotsy in plants?” Caelia knew that laughter was related to hysteria, but she didn’t understand how the one plant could have one effect or the other depending on how it was treated before mixing. It had the same properties. Shouldn’t it contribute the same effects?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Edwin Murray
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 10:16 AM

Eddie

Age / 17

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Atlanta, GA

Author Alias / Reanie

Timezone/ CET

Post Count/ 23

His precious crush looked a bit more relaxed after Edwin wore his robes, again. Her soft voice even thanked her. Did she really feel uncomfortable seeing him with only his button-down? He shrugged with a small grin and focused on the cauldron and ink until Caelia asked him a question. It took him a minute and a look around the classroom to fully process it. Silently, he compared the "Oh whoops," he rubbed the back of his neck, "The big one caught my attention. It is pretty much a free workout." Eddie told her with a smile of a fool, putting the container back onto the after filling his cauldron.

His ‘focus’ went to the other ingredients and the parchment sheet with the recipe on it. Every other second, he would obviously glance at the beautiful blonde who he was sharing the table with. The boy was busy trying to crush the fire seeds and doxy eggs in the mortar, while his potion was brewing. Caelia’s voice broke the peaceful silence. “Alihotsy?” he repeated, trying to remember details that probably his father had told him in his youth. Edwin had some experience in taking care of them. His family’s farm was enormous and filled with magical and non-maj plants.

Well… You have to look at plants as organisms, not objects,” Eddie repeated the words that his father had told him when he started to help out on the farm. “Every organism absorbs their experiences in their development in one way or another. That is what my father always tells me, though. It sounds kind of cheesy.” The sixth-year chuckled, thinking about “ Alithosy will work better if you treat the plant with care. Enough water, enough sunshine, and a gentle touch when preparing them for potions.” After the explanation, Edwin put the chocolate brown in the cauldron and making it stir clockwise with a wave of his wand.

My father has five different types of ways to take care of Alithosy. That way he gets five different types of leaves with different properties. One brings more laughter than the other. Kind of like that. I have never really asked the details about that.” Edwin told her. His admiration for his father could be heard in his voice. “Any other questions?” he smiled from ear to ear, a bit proud of himself. His hands were busy with cutting the haliwinkles and nightshades.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/