Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

We Bend Until We Break, Closed | Katie
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 01:50 AM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Author Alias /

Timezone/

Post Count/ 84

He was closing himself off again. Everything was about what would be easier for her or about what she wanted, but the one thing that Chase couldn’t seem to get through his head was that she didn’t care about any of those things. She just wanted him. She had tried reason. She had tried force. She had tried compassion and coddling. There was one thing that she had yet to try and if that didn’t work, she didn’t know what she was going to do. Maybe it would be better if it did work, because she didn’t know how she could live without him.

Pushing herself up off the ground, Katie moved towards the lake, stopping along the edge. Slipping off her shoes, she allowed the water to slip across her toes. “Then, we won’t have a happy ending,” she replied flatly. Turning, she pulled her wand out and started casting random charms to distract him. Running into the water, she went as far as she could go until she was swimming. Diving under, she kept driving herself. The water felt good against her face, raw from the tears. Maybe this was how it was supposed to be.

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:27 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York, NY

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 46

Chase watched as Katie neared the edge of the lake before stepping into it. His eyebrows furrowed when she turned to look at him and stated that they wouldn’t have a happy ending. What was she up to? The next thing he knew, she ran full force into the water and went under.

He stood quickly, and ran to the edge of the lake in an attempt to spot her swimming. He didn’t see her. Chase huffed before crossing his arms as he waited for her to resurface. What was she trying to prove? Did she have to be so dramatic about it?

After a few minutes, he started to worry. “Damn it, Katie.” Pushing his shoes off, he ran towards the water and jumped in. He swam on the surface, following the direction she went in, before diving down below the surface.

He was a decent swimmer, but not an Olympic award winner by any means. His first attempt at locating her caused him to have to resurface to take in more air before diving down again. She had to be running out of air. Why was she doing this to him?

Finally, he spotted her, near the bottom of the lake. Taking out his wand, he used it to propel himself towards her, slipped his arm under hers, and then used magic to get him to the surface quickly.

Falling with her onto the ground, Chase tried to catch his breath while turning to Katie to make sure she was alright. “What..the..hell?” He managed to get out in between breaths.

Katherine Lavale

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:38 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Author Alias /

Timezone/

Post Count/ 84

Catching her breath, Katie pushed Chase away. Getting up, she gathered her shoes, holding them tightly in her arms before turning to glare at Chase. “Why did you save me? I didn’t ask you to save me. I didn’t want you to save me.”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:46 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York, NY

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 46

He stared at her, unsure of what to say. She made her point. “It’s different. More than one or two people would miss you. I…” He knew his reasoning wasn’t going to get him anywhere. He had acted and saved her, just as she was trying to save him. For whatever reason she had, he needed to accept that she cared about him, and that losing him would hurt her.

Pushing his wet hair back, he sighed, and stood to look at her. “I don’t understand why you care about what happens to me so much, but you made your point. I had to save you.”

Katherine Lavale

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 01:03 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Author Alias /

Timezone/

Post Count/ 84

Katie paused. She hadn’t known what she would have done if her stunt hadn’t gotten through to him, but it seemed that it had. At least, enough. He finally understood that what he was doing affected her. Well, no, he had already understood that. It’s why he had tried to give her a forgetting potion. It was more that she cared enough to try, to fight for him, because he would do the same.

Closing the gap between them, she stared up at him, her head tilted curiously. “Does it matter how many people would miss you? Isn’t it more important to think about the ones that would?” She touched her hand to his cheek. “You’re a good person. I know you are and those that care about you know it too. No one else matters.”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 01:19 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York, NY

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 46

She was stubborn. Always stubborn. “I still wish that you didn’t care or insist on reminding me how good of a person you think I am. I don’t see it, and I’m not sure I ever will.” He let her touch his face without pulling back from her. He never wanted to, but it was a reflex he developed because he thought it was the right thing to do. He wanted to spare her from the hurt of realizing he would never be what she saw. He inhaled deeply with his mouth, and let the air leave his nose. “I’ll stay, for now at least.” He couldn’t promise her when he didn’t know what was waiting for him at home.

Katherine Lavale

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 08:57 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Author Alias /

Timezone/

Post Count/ 84

Katie gave Chase a look. She would remind him as many times as it took for him to believe it. “You wouldn’t have saved me if you weren’t.” He could have left her. It wouldn’t have mattered if she were alive or not when he offed himself. He wouldn’t have known the difference. Well, unless, he came back as a ghost. Then, he would be stuck knowing everything that had happened after.

“Trust me,” Katie replied, taking his hand and giving it a squeeze. “We have to find Bridget and Logan. Then, we need to talk to the counselor. There’s a lot to do.” Her words were probably confusing to Chase, but she hoped that he could follow at least the first part.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/