Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Aw, snuggley ball of fluff!, open
Harper Jareau
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 10:47 PM

Harpie

Age / 12

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

too young / no one

Author Alias / Sarah/Kiva

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 104

Harper loved Care of Magical Creatures for obvious reasons. Her mother was a Magizoologist pre-Ilvermorny professor days, her sister was a Magizoologist and her brother was currently studying to be a vet. It was in her blood to just love animals. The only difference for Harper was that she loved the exotic animals. The ones that were often looked over or found to be displeasing to the eye. That was why she had a pet tarantula. Most people had cats and dogs or bunnies. Harper loved those all too, but very rarely did a person want to have a tarantula. Unfortunately, her pet had to remain home with her parents instead of coming to school with her. It was the saddest thing ever.

She was surprised that Professor Locklear wasn’t there for their lesson but she was always happy to see Professor Scribe. She was not as happy about the quiz, but she thought she would do just fine on it. Discussing the phoenix and the augurey were the easiest for her since they had been on her mind since she had met them last term. The Augurey was grey and cried when it was about to rain. She spoke about how people mistook that for meaning death was near. Harper also mentioned how the phoenix had a burning day where they burst into flame and then rise again from the ashes. But the most obvious difference between them would be their colors. Augureys were grey with green tipped feathers and the phoenix had bright red and gold feathers. Both were beautiful in their own ways.

Harper answered the remaining questions with equal gusto (rushing the last couple because time was almost up) and then settled back in her seat feeling rather okay by it since she remembered all the safety rules and such. When they moved onto the subject of the lesson, Harper’s excitement flared and she quickly raised her hand to answer the question, but was disappointed when someone beat her to it. She loved to play with puffskeins and pygmy puffs! Her parents even said she could have one eventually, probably because they were low maintenance, but Harper didn’t care because they were cuddly and cute!

She jumped up from her seat and ran to the front to grab one of the puffskeins and then returned to her seat cuddling it. It was already humming. “Hey! You want to be partners?” She asked someone nearby. “We need some scissors though.” She added, forgetting that half of the instructions.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sorcha Voronin
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 09:28 PM

Age / 12

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / London, England

Her wand /

Author Alias / Sorcha

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 10

Sorcha was excited to start classes at Ilvermorny. Although she liked her first term at Hogwarts, she wasn't really devoted to the school in any way. School to her was a means of reaching her ultimate goal of becoming an auror.

While Sorcha didn't detest magical creatures, she didn't particular love them either. Like them, she found the class as a neutral entity that had to be faced.

She took an empty seat in the middle of the classroom. Once the quiz had been passed out, Sorcha skimmed through it with satisfaction. Thankfully her semester at Hogwarts provided her with the basic knowledge required to answer the quiz. The difference between a phoenix and augrey? Too easy... Sorcha associated the two magical birds with different elements. Augreys with water, and Phoenixes with fire. She further elaborated on the two with more details and just managed to finish up the safety questions when time was called. With a proud smirk on her face, she turned in her quiz.

She then sat down and listened to today's activity. Trimming the Puffskein would be easy, but working together.... if it had to be done, then fine. Sorcha hoped that her partner would only add to the team's efficiency. But the question was... who?

Apparently, the girl across from her was thinking the same question. The girl seemed familiar, but of course! She was one of her housemates. “Hey! You want to be partners?” Sorcha tilted her head just to make sure she heard correctly. "Sure dahling, ready to begin?" She heard the humming sound from the Puffskein. "Wonderful, it's already 'umming. Now we just need to give the lad or lass a proper trimming." “We need some scissors though.” The comment made Sorcha roll her eyes. "I'll get them then." Sorcha nonchalantly picked up two pairs of scissors. She handed the girl one pair as she held the other. "Alright, like I said, the little buggah seems really peaceful at the moment. Now's our chance before it tenses up. And I know we don't want to lose Wampus points so let's do this."

Harper Jareau

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Harper Jareau
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 04:49 PM

Harpie

Age / 12

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

too young / no one

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 104

The person that Harper asked to partner with happened to be the new girl in her dorm room. If Harper were a betting girl (and she wasn’t because that was wrong) she would say that Sorcha was one of the twins that Kiera was telling her about when she had helped Harper shop for Christmas gifts for her dad and brother. Since Sorcha appeared after midterm and had a weird accent, it was an easy conclusion for Harper to jump to.

It was weird having another person in the room as she had just gotten used to Serenity and Erin, but she supposed if the girl was nice enough, she’d fit right in. Sometimes Wampus students were hard to figure out because they could be rather defensive about things or find themselves to be always right, even when they aren’t. It was a hard balance sometimes but since Wampus was a house made for people who stand up for what they believe in, people just had to be prepared for the arguments. Two Wampus in particular that Harper thought of who were just like that were Serenity and Eric. They were basically boyfriend and girlfriend by how they behave to each other. It actually made Harper a little sad since she really like Eric and she thought Serenity could be mean to him for no reason.

Harper didn’t know how to react to the other girl’s response. Did she just call her darling? Lad? Lass? Erin was Irish, so Harper could just adjust to this too. Harper held that puffskein close to her as she watched Sorcha go off to grab their scissors. When she returned Harper grinned and took a seat next to her, placing the puffskein on the table for both of them to work on.

Picking up on of the scissors that Sorcha had picked up, Harper began to carefully clip the fur of the content creature. “Your mom is Kiera, right? And Auror Ramsay is your uncle?” Harper asked, just to confirm she was who she thought she was.

Sorcha Voronin
Eric Dobson Serenity Vitellius for the mentions

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sorcha Voronin
 Posted: Dec 25 2017, 09:50 PM

Age / 12

Blood Type / Pureblood

Her wand /

Author Alias / Sorcha

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 10

Your mom is Kiera, right? And Auror Ramsay is your uncle?” Sorcha hated to distract herself from class activities, but the mere mention of two of the three people she loved dearly deterred her focus. She smiled at Harper. "Y-yes! I'm Sorcha Voronin, Kiera's daughter and Uncle Cutt.... Auror Ramsay's niece!" Sorcha often forgot that Uncle Cutter had to be addressed as Auror Ramsay by everyone else. Of course she knew and respected his job title, she often forgot to implicate it when talking to him since she would always refer to him as Uncle Cutter.

"Me brotha's name is Sorin Voronin, you'll probably see him around in class." She then stopped her train of thought.

Sorcha could understand how this girl knew her Uncle Cutter since he was stationed at Ilvermorny, but how did she know her mum? And how did she know her mum's first name? Then it all seemed to click in Sorcha's mind. "Wait, are you the headmistresses' daughter, Harper?" Sorcha's defensive attitude subsided. This was the girl that her mum helped go Christmas shopping. "Well it's finally nice to meet you! Me mum's told me a lot about you." She chuckled "Good things, don't worry luv!" The thought of the holiday brought her happiness. She loved her new flying gloves she received for Christmas. "I got a pair of flying gloves! What did you receive this holiday year?" She mischievously winked at Harper "Oh, but were you a good lass or bad..."

OOC: Hope it's ok that I said she got new flying gloves for Christmas.

Harper Jareau
For the mention: Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Harper Jareau
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 01:18 PM

Harpie

Age / 12

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

too young / no one

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 104

Harper was pleased that she had assessed the new students correctly. Not that it was difficult but it was always good to have confirmation of her thoughts. She almost giggled when Sorcha nearly messed up her Uncle’s title. There were so many times that Harper nearly called the Headmistress mom or Professor Webquish, Aunt Lu. Growing up around a few of the staff members and having different titles for them was quite confusing sometimes. And now that her sister was in a relationship with Couch Porter, she had to remember to call him Coach while at school. “Cool, I’ll have to introduce myself to him sometime.” Harper said when Sorcha mentioned her brother.

She returned to cutting the puffskein’s hair, enjoying listening to it hum beneath her fingers. She couldn’t wait to be able to pick one of the little ones out for herself to have for a pet. Other than her tarantula at home, Harper wasn’t allowed busier animals, so a pygmy puff was perfect. They were just so cute too, which was a bonus.

At Sorcha’s question, Harper looked up from her task, surprised that she pinned her down. “Oh, yeah, she’s my mom.” Maybe her mom had something about meeting Harper during the holidays? That would be the only thing. Sure enough, Sorcha confirmed that. “Yeah, your mom helped me pick out gifts. Well, your uncle too and this nice woman named Caitlyn. She saved me from a creep.” Harper commented conversationally. “I am always good. Otherwise my mom would kill me.” Harper said with a giggle. “I got some books and games that I wanted. And some new clothes. Plus my sister and her boyfriend took me to Salem for a ghost tour. It was so cool.” Harper said, her face bright at the memory. “How did your move go?”

Sorcha Voronin

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sorcha Voronin
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 12:46 AM

Age / 12

Blood Type / Pureblood

Her wand /

Author Alias / Sorcha

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 10

Sorcha was happy to finally meet Harper. She had heard very nice things about her roommate and so far she had totally met her expectations of a nice young girl.

It was fun talking to her while giving the cutie-pie in her hands a proper trimming. She was always careful to cut very delicate yet precise strips of fur, also making sure not to cut too much or too little. “Cool, I’ll have to introduce myself to him sometime.” She smiled at the prospect of her brother and Harper becoming friends. "Sorin's rather timid at the beginning or what's that word.... a proper introvert isn't 'e... so you might 'ave to chat 'im up a bit. But once you find some good common ground 'e's sweeter than a treacle tart!"

Of course Sorcha never had to go thorugh this process since they've been through it all together since birth, but Sorcha noticied that he always took longer to make friends as he wasn't as extroverted as her, which was no biggie because Sorcha liked talking while Sorin listened.

Oh, yeah, she’s my mom.” Sorcha gave herself an imaginary high five for getting that right.

Yeah, your mom helped me pick out gifts. Well, your uncle too and this nice woman named Caitlyn. She saved me from a creep" Sorcha didn't know anyone by the name of Caitlyn but felt intensely proud that her uncle saved her from a nasty creep and her mom helped pick out some nice holiday presents. "Wow 'arper I didn't know that at all. I'm glad my family 'elped you!"

I am always good. Otherwise my mom would kill me.” Harper said with a giggle. “I got some books and games that I wanted. And some new clothes. Plus my sister and her boyfriend took me to Salem for a ghost tour. It was so cool.” Sorcha knew Harper was a good girl but she just wanted to get a little cheeky. She giggled as well before commenting "That's sounds absolutely lovely! So glad you 'ad a great 'oliday with your family."

How did your move go?” Sorcha retraced her memory for that question. "Well the flight wasn't too bad and none of us 'ad to do any 'eavy lifting so the most part it was fairly simple. Now getting used to the American culture... I know I can definitely do it.. but it's going to take a bit of getting used to."

Harper Jareau

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Harper Jareau
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 07:10 PM

Harpie

Age / 12

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock, MA

too young / no one

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 104

“I’m not sure what a treacle tart is.” Harper said thoughtfully, “But I do know how to talk, so I’m sure that won’t be a problem at all.” She said with a grin. Her best friend, Thomas, was very shy and they got along just fine. She had no doubt that she was bound to find something in common with Sorcha’s brother where she could become friends with him. Besides, she was basically already friends with their mother and Uncle and now Sorcha, he had no choice but to be friends with her too. She never really considered any sort of obstacle when it came to making friends. If they were nice and willing to hang with her, she didn’t see any problem. But, if they ever started to bully her or anyone else, all bets were off.

Harper was surprised that her mother hadn’t told them exactly how they had met. “Yeah, I think your Uncle was a little embarrassed to be helping, but he was really sweet about it.” Harper said, giggling a little at the memory of him holding her packages while they shopped and trying to help her pick out the right gifts for her family. It had been surprisingly fun to shop with three adults. “Also, your family are giants.” She told Sorcha matter of factly. Being one of the smallest in the class against three adults over six feet tall (she was even certain they were taller than her dad and brother!), had been a bit intimidating.

“Flight?” Harper asked, surprised. “You took a plane? I would have thought you all would have portkeyed or something.” She commented offhandedly. She had gone to no-maj school at the bottom of the mountain until she was accepted into Ilvermorny. Everything there she had had to remind herself wasn’t going to be anything glorious like back home in Greylock. But now that she was here at Ilvermorny, she was always so surprised when someone mentioned something no-maj because she has now immersed herself in the magical world. “What’s different about American culture that you have to get used to?” She asked her out of curiosity.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/