Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
We have new main profiles! Go fill in the new fields.

> Have you read the new rules yet? Find them here!
Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Autumn-- Mid November | Highs 93°F/ Lows 75°F
Rain, with a chance of more rain.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

A Burning Question
Olyvia Okoye-Jara
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 12:29 PM

Olly

Age / 15 | Height / 5'6"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Pipa, Brazil

Crushing on / someone

Post Count/ 64

Reanie | She/Her/Hers

Olyvia honestly only chose the specific elective class, because the word ‘ancient’ intrigued her. She didn’t really know what to expect about the runes aspect. However, the lessons in her fourth year had presently surprised her. Besides, the professor seemed to be really kindhearted. So the Thunderbird was quite excited to go to class. She expected the dirty blonde grown up to happily greet her. However, that wasn’t the case.

It was a bit weird to find a ferret on the desk, instead of the man himself. With a frown, she took a seat beside Tanya, greeting the other witch with a cheerful smile. They had gotten to know each other in an Astronomy class back when Olly had just transferred. However, they hadn’t spent a lot of time together afterward. Perhaps this was the perfect time to get on even better terms. The curly-haired girl wanted to get to know her classmate a bit more. Her gaze couldn’t leave the little creature in the classroom alone. “Where is-“ Before she could finish her question to Tanya, the animal suddenly turned into a man. As a former Uagadou student, she wasn't super impressed, but she was surprised as she didn't know that the professor was an Animagi.

Professor Meyers started his lesson, asking them if they had brought their bag of runes, which Olly luckily did. Silently, she grabbed it from her bag while four different methods were being written on the chalkboard. After the professor’s explanation finished the explanation, Olyvia quickly read the different types of methods on the board. “I think I will do method one and four… I might be chu clumsy for Method two. I do notch know which question, though…” Should she ask something that was related to Kurt? Or did that seem to desperate? What if Tanya asked what her question was, and someone overheard it.

Olly turned her head to the other witch. “How aboutch you?” she asked her classmate.

PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 10:15 PM

Age / 15 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Minsk, Belarus

Single / n/a

Post Count/ 156

The Foxy One | Any

Ancient Runes was one of Tanya's favorite classes. Though she cared little for runes and their use in divination she greatly enjoyed studying ancient writings and learning new alphabets. The class required long hours of study and practice to perfect and she found that immensely satisfying. There was nothing quite like finishing an essay in Elder Futhark or translating old texts like they were puzzles.

She settled into a spot near the front of the class, her notebook out and quill poised to take notes. When she saw the Professor on his desk in ferret form she couldn't help but roll her eyes. Professor Meyer must really enjoy being an animagus for him to start his classes this way. When Olyvia took a seat beside her Tanya gave the girl a small smile. "Hello, Olyvia." The other girl started to ask something when Professor Meyers shifted back into a man and began the lesson. Of course it was divination lesson. Tanya tried not to be too disappointed as she took notes on the assignment. At least the professor promised a translating activity later, and puzzles if she finished quickly

"Hmm," Tanya said as she studied the writing on the board. "I think I will do three and one." Three sounded like a nice, organized approach and one because it sounded simple and quick to do. The green girl didn't care much for divination as it took agency away from the diviner. She'll have to keep her questions simple or think of things she didn't particularly care about. Because she certainly wasn't going to make something up, that wouldn't be right.

Tanya pulled the runes from her bag and set them one by one into a square grid. As she placed each rune she though of questions to ask. What about the weather? There has been that strange weather, but perhaps that was too simple. The board did say she could ask questions about the past, and that seemed rather safe. One can't change the past so any insight into it would simply benefit the future without giving it an answer. Now that she had an idea Tanya hovered her hand over the grid she made.

She supposed it didn't matter which one and choose a rune at random. Flipped over it was the rune Raidho. The wagon or chariot. Represented change, travel, and rhythm of life. Tanya kept her gaze on the rune as she reflected upon its meaning. She had traveled much in her life, from Belarus to England, then finally to America. There was much personal change that went with the physical change of location. Though, she still put little stock into divination as anyone could associate anything with themselves when determined enough.

"What did you get?" She asked Olyvia after a while.

Olyvia Okoye-Jara
PM
^
Olyvia Okoye-Jara
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 01:22 PM

Olly

Age / 15 | Height / 5'6"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Pipa, Brazil

Crushing on / someone

Post Count/ 64

Reanie | She/Her/Hers

Tanya told her that she would also pick method one, but in contrast to her she would pick method three as the second method. Olyvia had the feeling that her classmate was a lot better than her in ancient runes, so intrigued by how confident the green girl put her runes in a grid. After she had put everything on the grid, Olly decided to start on her methods, as well. The first one that she was going to try was the fourth method. The curly-haired witch prepared her bag so that she could easily get runes out of it with closed eyes. Somehow, she was feeling anxious when thinking about it. The reason why she didn’t follow divination was that she was scared of the future, she had always been. What if the runes were going to tell her that a big change – another move – would happen in the near future? She didn’t really want to move again, especially not after finding such an amazing group of friends.

Even though Olyvia felt anxious, she was able to get into a neutral state of mind with closed eyes. It had taken her a solid minute to get there, but it felt somehow a lot nicer than worrying. Like, instructed she picked three runes from her little bag. With care, she put the runes with the sign down by touching its engravings. When she would open her eyes, Olly didn’t want to immediately see the answer. The first rune was placed on the left – which would represent her past situation. The second rune was placed in the middle – which would represent her present situation. The third – and last – rune was placed on the right – which would represent the future. As soon as she finished picking the runes, her eyes opened again.

Before turning each rune, Olly grabbed her book with all of the translations – even after a year, she hadn’t remembered every rune properly. Hesitantly, the Thunderbird turned the first rune that she had chosen. It was the most simple looking of all the runes, as it was a vertical stripe. It looked similar to an I. It was named Isa, and it represented a challenge or frustration. Even though Olyvia had a good childhood, there had been different challenges such as bullying and discrimination that had haunted her pre-teen years.

The second rune – representing the present – showed her Dagaz. It meant a breakthrough, awakening, awareness as well as hope, transformation, and happiness. Olly thought it quite represented the present that surrounded her. Her start at Ilvermorny had been slow, yet she had found a comfortable place to learn and live. A school where she finally found happiness instead of discrimination and bullying. The positive rune made her a lot less anxious and excited what the third rune would tell her. Quickly, she flipped the third rune, which showed Sowilo. It meant that her future situation would be met with success, honor, and goals that will be achieved. Her body filled with happiness when she saw the rune.

The happiness in her own little world made her almost not hear Tanya’s question. “Well… I am only done with the fourth method… But I think the first two runes are close to reality, the last one I hope, as well.” She pointed at the Sowilo rune with a cheerful smile. “What aboutch you? Have you already done the first method?

PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 06:56 PM

Age / 15 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Minsk, Belarus

Single / n/a

Post Count/ 156

The Foxy One | Any

Tanya finished in time to ask her question and see Olyvia flip the last rune of three. Her eyes darted over the spread. Isa, Dagaz, Sowilo. She did not need the book to translate as she had nearly all of them memorized. Briefly she wondered what kind of meaning Olyvia got from the runes but gave it no more thought. "I've done my grid,I suppose I'll move on to the second method now." As she placed her tiles back into the bag she paused and turned to Olyvia, curious. "How do you feel about divination?"

An innocuous question, one to help pass the time in class. Tanya didn't spend much time with the other girl but the could use class to talk more. It had occurred to the green girl that they didn't really know much about one another. That said, she should finish her assigned work then ask for one of the puzzles.

Tanya placed her hand in the bag and felt the smooth edges of the runes. What kind of question should she ask now? She could focus on another question of the past. Yet, found that she didn't quite care enough and focused on what she would eat for dinner. Perhaps her favorite meal? Or try something new? There were always a few strange dishes on the tables that she avoided. Tanya plucked a rune out and studied it. Thurisaz. Entirely useless. It was a masculine rune associated with destruction and change. The rune was tossed back into the bag.

She started at once writing down her results, though fudged her last question just a bit when discussing her second divination technique. Yes, it was cheating, the exact thing she didn't want to do, but who would know? The green girl wrote that the rune she selected seemed to have no meaning to the personal question she thought of. Vague, but with an added note that she would continue to think upon it and would perhaps find the divine meaning in time. "There. I think I'll ask Professor Meyers for some of those puzzles now."

Olyvia Okoye-Jara
PM
^
Olyvia Okoye-Jara
 Posted: Today at 07:35 am

Olly

Age / 15 | Height / 5'6"

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Pipa, Brazil

Crushing on / someone

Post Count/ 64

Reanie | She/Her/Hers

Divination?” Olyvia pouted, looking at the ceiling and taping her nails on the wooden desk. For a moment, she was trying to formulate how her views were on divination. “I think I feel pretty neutral. I think being open-minded to these things is the best way chu go.” The Brazilian witch gave her classmate a cheerful bright smile as her words filled with optimism were spoken. As a child of two squibs that had tried to stay awake from the magical world for the first eleven years of her life, she had to be open-minded. Otherwise, she wouldn’t have survived the past four years. “However, I do think thatch Ancient Runes is a bit more interesting. Whatch about you?” Her dark-brown eyes were filled with curiosity. It was mostly because she wanted to know why the girl suddenly asked her opinion on the other elective course that she had been able to choose.

Like Tanya, the fifteen-year-old witch started to do the second method for their in-class assignment. It was the first method. This time, it was more specific. She had to ask a specific situation – in the past, present or future – and pick a rune from the pouch with closed eyes. Olly stared in front of her, thinking about what situation she should think about when doing the method. A list of situations came to mind. Her current situation with her former Bully – Julia – was one of them. However, her heart asked for an answer to a totally different situation. Every time, she tried to think of a better situation, her thoughts immediately went to her close friend, Kurt. Should she? What if the answer broke her heart? Scared, she looked at the pouch. Well, why not? If she picked a stupid rune, she could just ignore it, right?

The situation in her mind was closely related to the fact that the Winter Formal had a Sadie Hawkins’ theme, this year. What that exactly meant, had to explain to her. The fact that the girl had to ask the boy made her nervous, and perhaps if she got a good rune while thinking about the situation, she would get the courage to actually. Olyvia closed her eyes, and hesitantly put her hand into the pouch. Her finger wrapped around the first rune that she felt, and removed it from the pouch. Something was terrorizing her stomach. The fear of a confirmation that her crush wouldn’t lead to anything. Despite that, she still looked at it and she couldn’t hide the relief in the shape of a wonderful, bright smile.

In her hands was the rune that looked like a P- precisely Wunjo. It meant joy. Joy! Did that mean that the situation she had in mind would be a joyful one? Did it mean that it would be successful? Nope, that couldn’t be. Even though, she was naturally optimistic, especially after her great 4th year. It seemed like her fifth year started off bad with the introduction of Julia, and quietly she started to lose hope that she could have a drama-free year with no bullying or anything else that might ruin her peaceful life. Besides, Kurt probably didn’t like her in that way.

A bit hesitant, and with quite a lot of spelling mistakes, Olyvia wrote down her answers for the in-class assignment. It felt a bit weird to write down her exact thoughts, but she still did. The fifteen-year-old was almost finished with it when Tanya made a comment about going to get some puzzles. “Oh, can you getch some for me, as well?

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse