Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
An Earthquake briefly hit Greylock in February
Repairs and recoveries are ongoing.

The final game is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late April--Early May| Highs 65°F/ Lows 45°F
Snow is melting and the weather has returned to seasonal expectations.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

Let's a go!, Open
Iniath Kinich-Ahau
 Posted: May 8 2018, 09:41 AM

Iniath

Age / 13 | Height / 5'1

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / La Mira, Mexico

Sometimes I steal cookies. / That

Post Count/ 13

Jakkie | Her, She,

No-Maj study was one of Iniath’s most difficult classes. She was a pureblood and had never been in contact with a muggle let alone their culture. She originally signed up for the class because the previous year the No-Maj students seemed to be having a great time, she hadn’t taken into account how much work she would need to put into the class.

The 3DS was passed to her and she started pressing buttons. She had done the reading but this wasn’t like the reading, things kept popping up and closing when she pressed the buttons. All of a sudden the game started and a little man in red said ‘Let's a go!’. Iniath panicked and started pressing more buttons at random. All she had wanted was to get a closer look at the kart thing. The race was on, she or he or the little man was in the kart zooming past other little creatures in the karts. She was doing fine but then the angry looking turtle had thrown little turtle shells at her and she crashed.

Iniath looked around the class, students had already started pairing up but no one seemed to be waiting for the game just yet, so Iniath press the little ‘start’ button and the game started up again. After a few test pushes she figured out which buttons made the kart go, and even which ones dropped the weird little turtle shells. After a third try, Iniath held the game with great pride and satisfaction as the screen read 1st place and the little man in red jumped into the air in success.
PM
^
Roark Vaikar
 Posted: May 8 2018, 09:53 AM

Age / 15 | Height / 170cm

Pronouns / he, him

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Seattle

Single /

Post Count/ 7

Bry | He, Him

Roark was muggle born so why would he take No-Maj? Roark wanted to study the No-Maj ideas from a wizard point of view, and he was honestly learning a lot. The class was easy for the most part but it was still fun.

As the class divided into pairs he looked around to see who had the Nintendo 3DS. He found it in the hands of Iniath, the pureblood 3rd year. She looked adorable with her face in deep concentration as she seemed to be playing the game. And when she won her face change to joy which was kind of like when his little sister rode her bike for the first time with out training wheels.

Picking up his bag he moved to the seat next to Iniath and sat down. ‘Hey mind if we partner up?’ he asked.
PM
^
Iniath Kinich-Ahau
 Posted: May 8 2018, 01:50 PM

Iniath

Age / 13 | Height / 5'1

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Post Count/ 13

Jakkie | Her, She,

‘Hey mind if we partner up?’ Iniath looked over as Roark took a seat next to her. He was a fifth year, Iniath had seen him in the halls of the school, some of the girls in her year had crushes on him, they followed him around blocking the hallways, annoying really. This year she had a few classes with him and he seemed nice enough if a little oblivious to the fact that younger girls ogled him from afar. She actually was thankful he had asked to join her, she could use the extra help from a muggle-born in his 3rd year of No-Maj in this project.

‘Sure’ Iniath answered making sure to move her stuff to give him room to get his book out as well. Smiling she tilted the 3DS screen to show him she had won. The screen showed the little man in red dancing, and in perfect view the kart. She quickly drew out a rough drawing of the cart. ‘So, I have no idea how one goes about making a kart move, do you?’ Iniath asked as she realized this project might be much harder than just building a box with wheels.

Iniath looked around and some students had the look of complete confusion on their faces just as she felt, but many were also already building. ‘Do you need to take a look at this or shall I pass it on?’ she asked Roark as she took her wand out to get started.

Roark Vaikar
PM
^
Roark Vaikar
 Posted: May 9 2018, 02:57 PM

Pronouns / he, him

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Seattle

Single /

Post Count/ 7

Bry | He, Him

Roark took a close look at the screen to see how many points Iniath had gathered in her winning run. ‘Not bad’ he said and pointed to the little screen ‘those are your points, now if you play again you can try and beat your own score too’. Roark took his book out of his bag and opened it up to the chapter about gaming systems. He flipped through a few pages and saw that the chapter itself didn’t have much on electricity so he closed the book and put it back in the back pack.

‘I don’t need to see it, I have one and I might even have it in my room if you ever want to borrow it.’ He answered her when Iniath asked about passing it on. When she took out her wand, Roark gently placed his hand on her wand to lower it, ‘Maybe we could aim for extra points and go the magic less route.’ He wondered if she had ever done anything with out magic, they really came from completely different worlds. He instinctively always did things the muggle way first, and it was interesting to see how purebloods always went the magic way first. ‘You can pass the game on and we can go look at the table of supplies, see what we really need.’

Iniath Kinich-Ahau
PM
^
Iniath Kinich-Ahau
 Posted: May 11 2018, 12:21 AM

Iniath

Age / 13 | Height / 5'1

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Post Count/ 13

Jakkie | Her, She,

Iniath focused on the little screen and the number 367 she could beat that, but that wasn’t the assignment. ‘Do all no-majs had these devices?’ she asked Roark after he mentioned that he might have one with him. She would love to try to break her score when school work wasn’t the priority. She closed the little screen and turned around in her seat passing it to the next pair behind them.

She took her wand out but when he placed his hand on her's she raised her eyebrow. ‘‘Maybe we could aim for extra points and go the magic-less route.’’ he had said and Iniath was very surprised, she hadn’t even considered doing the assignment with no magic. Iniath didn’t consider herself sheltered but now that she thought about it, she really knew little about the no-maj world. She eyed Roark and looked out at the blackboard. Without looking at him she asked ‘do you have other’ she paused searching for the right word ‘electronics? At home? We learned about televisions last year but does everyone have them?’

She got a bit flustered and felt dumb at her wanting to know more about his no-maj world. She looked over at his hand which was still on hers and wondered what it was like for him, to have grown up in a world with no magic and thrust into a world full of magic, did the no-maj world still seem entertaining to him?

Roark Vaikar
PM
^
Roark Vaikar
 Posted: May 18 2018, 12:27 AM

Pronouns / he, him

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Seattle

Single /

Post Count/ 7

Bry | He, Him

Iniath’s question wasn’t knew, but it wasn’t one he often got from the pure blooded elite. He took his hand off of hers turned to face her completely. ‘Sure. Most no-maj’s have tons of electronics.’ he laughed thinking of his mother’s excitement of a new and added to Iniath ‘Anything that we use magic for the no-maj world probably has an equivalent with electricity.’ He pulled his backpack onto his desk and looked into the depths for his cell phone, when he finally found it he passed it to Iniath. ‘This is a cell phone, it lets me call my parents instantly from anywhere in the world.’ As he finished the statement he realized he was wrong and corrected ‘well almost anywhere, most of the school has barriers and wards so it only works in some places.’ he pushed the power button on his cell phone and the little AT&T logo came on the screen, he swiped the screen up and it took him to a screen with pictures of his room, it was a mess. ‘That’s my room, I got a tv oh I mean television, some lamps, and my computer’ he didn’t know if this interested her at all but he decided to offer ‘if you want to use the NDS, you’re welcome to.’

Iniath Kinich-Ahau
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse