Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Duo of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC

Break Fluid, OPEN!
Charlie Antonin
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 01:38 AM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Boston

Single /

Author Alias / Tyler

Timezone/ EDT

Post Count/ 41

Charlie sighed, and ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah, they do. It kinda turns out I suck at being want they want me to be." Charlie's face noticeably darkened. "It's whatever though. I don't need them to respect me how I am. I have self respect, and that's at least something." He subconsciously was giving away that it bugged him quite a bit, but he wasn't ready for that conversation yet.

Charlie started to protest when Kyara offered to pay, but it was already too late. "You didn't have to pay for me, but thanks dude." He murmured as he walked over to grab his drink. His face immediately turned to sympathy. "Oh, Kyara." Charlie was normally more into keeping people a billion feet away, but for this one time he broke that rule and hugged Kyara reassuringly. "I am incredibly sorry to hear that." He led them over to a table. "I'm here for you, whatever you need, whenever you need. If you want to get away for a few days at any point or points plural this summer, just owl me. You're more than welcome to crash at my place whenever if you can put up with my parents." Charlie felt awful for her. Divorce wasn't fair especially at their age.

"Rant to me. Tell me what you're thinking about all this. I'm here for you, my dude."

@Kyara Valentino

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Suzie Gura
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 01:43 AM

Weirdo

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Allagash

Single / No Regrets

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 24

"Yeah, you're welcome to write. 43 Carneys road, Allagash, Maine. Owl is really the way to go if you can, our non-magical postal service is shit. And don't sweat getting me something; if you try those at some point, just fill out the questionnaire afterwords about your experience. So far I'm 100% of the test group and that's not very scientific." She waved to the boy Kyara was with (he'd been on the hike, right?), and left.

Back with Chloe the Younger, she grabbed her ready order and began the quasi-religious experience that was her first cup of morning coffee at the Grind. She swayed gently and made a soft, contented moaning noise. It was magical. It was manna from the Gods. It was-

It was half gone already.

Slowing her pace, she jabbed Chloe with an elbow. Her hands refused to leave the life-giving warmth of her mug. "Where're you sitting? I'm vulnerable until I'm on my second cup; help me with safety of your numbers. Otherwise I'll probably get eaten by wolves and have to haunt you."

@Kyara Valentino, @Chloe Chevalier
PM
^
Chloe Chevalier
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 07:13 AM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, VT via Ireland

Single /

Author Alias / Redshirt

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 144

“Ah! That’s so cool,” Chloe grinned up at her name twin before dropping her eyes to see the name tag. She hadn’t noticed it in all of the hub-bub! “I’ll have to tell Cian, he’s my twin.” Chloe looked like she wanted to gab more, but felt like she might’ve been interrupting their time together.

“Awww, too cute, Coach! I had no idea.” She was still grinning between the two adults now. Her order was up. Grabbing her cup, she looked over at Suzie who’d nudged her. She was too busy watching Kyara to make sure she was alright. From the lines of her face, Chloe knew she could paint lines of angst and grief from them.

“Hm? Oh geeze, Suz, Iunno if I’m going to be the best defender without a wand,” she laughed over the safety in numbers, drawing them over to a two seater table near the coach and her name twin. “I doubt you’ll have a chance to haunt me, I think you’d be stuck at the coffee shop or fifteen feet behind.” Said with some certainty.

“I run pretty fast,” she confided. “Though I wonder how fast Ulfrik and Abi are. Ulfrik was able to keep up with me when I ran.” Theoretical ghost physics. Only at Ilvermorny. She sipped her latte, savoring the sweet creaminess of her caffeine vessel.

“Okay. When you’re actually coherent, I want you to explain to me again your summer projects and why you need me to draw that outline. Asking me around the witching hour is like trying to make sense of your Gobbledygook at a crisp six in the mornin’.” Chloe leaned an elbow against the table, propping her head up with her palm again the underside of her jaw between sips.

@Suzie Gura
@Dimitri Porter
@Chloe Jareau

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Kyara Valentino
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 01:00 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / London, England

Confused / feelings

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 48

As she listened to Charlie talk about his parents, she thought for a moment. Even though he was playing it off as something that didn’t bother him, she suspected that it probably did since he mentioned it. Formulating a subtle response, she replied. “Self-respect is definitely important, but I know that I would want there to be at least one person who accepts me for who I am.” Her mind drifted to her talk with Chloe, and quickly returned to the current conversation. “I think the Charlie you want to be is the best Charlie.” She smiled up at him, and turned her attention back to their surroundings.

When Suzie spouted off her recommendations for writing to her, Kyara smirked and nodded. “Noted. Regular mail sucks. I will remember to fill out the questionnaire.” Kyara was quite satisfied with the strange friendship they had formed in the potions classroom, and she was looking forward to getting to know Suzie even more over the summer and next term. As Suzie turned to leave, Kyara called out to her. “In case I don’t see you again, hope you have a nice trip home.”

Kyara was surprised when Charlie hugged her, so she ended up giving him a sort of sideways hug in return, careful that he didn’t spill his drink. She glanced quickly to where Chloe was sitting, and then turned to retrieve her drink when it was ready. “Thanks,” she said with a sigh, “I will probably end up taking you up on your offer. I am sure your parents won’t be arguing like mine have been. Want to grab a seat?”

As she walked towards a free table near Chloe and Suzie, Kyara set her drink down and pulled out a chair. She took a sip, and savored the sweet and salty caramel chocolate taste. “Their note basically stated that I would be spending the first half of my summer in England, and the second half in the states. I don’t know what else that could mean. It was literally a note with one sentence, so it is kind of hard to analyze for any underlying meanings. I just think that is a pretty messed up way to tell someone something so important.”

@Charlie Antonin
@Suzie Gura
@Chloe Chevalier

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Jule-Rae Morrisett
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 10:02 PM

Jule/Rae

Age / 17

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Stratford, ON, CA

Single / n/a

Author Alias / lari

Timezone/ GMT -03:00

Post Count/ 18

As for Jule-Rae was normal to stay in Ilvermorny during the summer, she began to find ways to entertain herself during that time that the school wasn't as lively as it normally was, one of the ways she would distract herself was in one of the coffee shops of the town, normally she would beg someone to go with her as everyone was still around, but she decided to go on her own that morning, not to get used to it or anything, but morning Jule would rather clear out of people before she got a chance to get irritated with anyone

"Dark, no milk, add sugar, that's not right, more sugar, yes, that's about it, now put some cream on top." Said a frowning soon to be a seventh year, still sleepy from a not so good night of rolling in her bed.

While she was reaching into her bag, some people around caught her attention, it was for sure more than she anticipated that there would be, she turned her gaze back into the bag to get her money, and then moved her vision to give another look around the coffee place, "don't I know..." she muttered handing the payment to the barista. She took a sip "Yeah, that's good, thanks." Jule would always come with new ways to mix her coffee, it wasn't really any experiment, she just felt like it.

"How can that human being be so active at this time of the day." Morning Jule thought, leaning against the bar, the Blue hair gave it away, Chloe was recognizable from a mile away. Jule waived as soon as there was eye contact. She seriously wondered if she should go over to Chloe's table to have a proper conversation as she had nothing else to do, but the state of the mind of the Pukwudgie wasn't the best, she feared she would say too much, she was usually a bit too careless during the mornings. “Oh, to hell with it." The girl murmured.

"Hey, didn't expect meeting you two here," She smirked "am I interrupting anything?" She asked trying to keep her act as close as usual Jule as possible, what was a bit of a struggle, but she thought she did a kind of a good job on it.

@Chloe Chevalier
@Suzie Gura
PM
^
Charlie Antonin
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 03:25 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Boston

Single /

Author Alias / Tyler

Timezone/ EDT

Post Count/ 41

Charlie felt so bad hearing Kyara talk about her family. "That really isn't fair to you." He shook his head. "They owe you a straight answer one way or the other. I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap, and be in the middle of it." He didn't know what he would do if his parents ever split up. They may have been less than ideal when it came to how they understood magic and him, but they were there at the very least. "Maybe they haven't said anything official because they're just feeling things out, and it might still work out in the end?"

@Kyara Valentino

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Suzie Gura
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 08:36 PM

Weirdo

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Allagash

Single / No Regrets

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 24

"I'm always coherent, Chloe. Mental alertness like a paranoid squirrel." Suzie stirred a powder she retrieved from her bag into the coffee with her pen, doodling idly with her spoon. "I needed you to draw up the cliff's notes on basilisk skeletal structure for when Dad heads to a conference in Wyoming. There was a young basilisk out there in '26, according to public records, but it was killed when the investigating auror caved in its burrow. If the body's still there, it'll be decomposed enough the eyes are gone but the bones should be there. The venom will've gone off by now, but dad said I could bring back 'a souvenir, singular' and I needed to know if basilisk skulls were fused by the six year mark." She scowled. "And apparently while you're in detention for poisoning your arch-nemesis, you can't take out books on basilisks."

Jule-Rae's approach had Suzie looking up, bleary-eyed. "All you're interrupting is staring into space and amateur archaelogy. So long as you promise not to get in the way of future coffee and to protect me from any hungry wolves, you're cool to stay."

@Chloe Chevalier, @Jule-Rae Morrisett
PM
^
Chloe Chevalier
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 09:09 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / East Haven, VT via Ireland

Single /

Author Alias / Redshirt

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 144

“Well, whatever you were saying wasn’t English then. Not the Queen’s English at any rate,” Chloe snickered.

“Easily enough. I’ll have a packet for you on the train to start with. I’ll see if I can check some books out for the summer and I’ll send you another owl with the rest of the packet. I’ve got a few books in mind.” Suzie had asked the right person. There was a reason why Chloe had put in for library monitor. Well, beyond how much time she spent there anyway.

“Juuuule,” Chloe murmured into her cup, her eyes squinting shut in happiness at the sight of the older girl. “Pop a squat,” she waved a hand at the empty chair near her. As she did so, she discreetly glanced at the table near them where she could hear the soft chatter between Charlie and Kyara. Curious written on her face, she had to force herself to turn back around to her table company.

“At any rate, I hope to see some of your summer research projects when we reconvene for school next term,” Chloe resumed their earlier dicsussion of ‘amature archaeology.’

To Jule, Chloe’s nose wrinkled a bit as she grinned mischievously, “You let the other two legs of your trio off the leash today or are you meeting with them later?” Chloe was careful not to say Nikon’s name having avoided him pretty neatly for the last two weeks lest she become a sad, miserable ball of tears. Jule wouldn’t see either Eva and Jack or Kurt and Blaire which were Chloe’s usual trio crew when she was romping around the school in sight. But it was common knowledge that most folks weren’t a fan of this side of the morning.

"Want me to grab your second cup, Suzie? I need another."

@Suzie Gura @Jule-Rae Morrisett @Kyara Valentino

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Kyara Valentino
 Posted: Aug 19 2017, 01:24 AM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / London, England

Confused / feelings

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 48

She took another sip of her hot chocolate and thought for a moment. She appreciated his optimism, even if she felt that her worries would probably become her reality. The warmth of her cup helped to keep her thoughts focused. She smiled at him, and decided to be optimistic for his sake. She didn’t want to subject him to the sort of breakdown Chloe had witnessed.

“Maybe. They have been fighting a lot more, but maybe they are just taking a small break from one another? Or maybe my father has some business to sort out and my mother wants us to visit some of our family in the states.” She didn’t believe any of her words, but said each one in a hopeful tone. “I will look forward to visiting you though. It will be one of the highlights of my summer.” Her last statement was truthful, for she did look forward to seeing Charlie during the summer.

@Charlie Antonin

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/