Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
We have new main profiles! Go fill in the new fields.

> Have you read the new rules yet? Find them here!
Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Autumn-- Mid November | Highs 93°F/ Lows 75°F
Rain, with a chance of more rain.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

Friendship in full bloom, La(iy)las
Layla Dawson
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 07:55 PM

Layls

Age / 17 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Upper East Side, New York

Taken / Sebastian Holtzer

Post Count/ 47

Clary | She/Her

Layla's week has been the week from hell. The non stop articles, the press it has been enough to make Layla need to let go. To get away from reality. But most of all, she needed to see Sebastian. She has yet to see him and she needed to make sure he was okay, they were after all accusing him of crossing lines she wondered would be worth the risk. Sure their friendship would be on the line, but what if? What if they beat all odds? She was sure though, Sebastian would not want to be with the girl who came from such a despicable family.

The day however, turned quickly after she received an invitation to a pureblood party. She considered not going after the articles that were published about her and Sebastian, but all that was pushed to the back of her mind when she realized she deserved a night out. Quickly, she made her mind her up to go and made her way to the dorms to pick out what to wear.

Walking into the dorms, she found her roommate that happened to share her name slumped over her bed looking exactly how Layla felt in the way back of her mind. In a place she locked up and did not dare open lest it never stop. Layla briefly talked to her a few times, but her own icy exterior prevented her from getting too close. However, she felt for the girl and if anyone knew what it was like to be crying your eyes out over something it was Layla. "Hey are you okay? I know I don't know you very well, but if you need to talk I'll listen."

Laila Kennedy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 08:22 PM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Turners Point, WA

Single / One day my prince will come!

Post Count/ 130

"Jane Doe" | She/Her/Hers

It was funny how one could live in the same room as another person for two years and not really know anything about them. When Laila the thought about it about the only three things she knew regarding her roommate was the 1) she was a pureblood 2) she liked plants and 3) she wasn’t the friendliest. Yet somehow, only the second of these things seemed to matter to the heart broken girl now that her same-named roommate was asking after her well being.

“How is it possible,” she managed. “To be in love with someone who doesn’t even realize you’re a girl?”

It was short and sweet and a lot faster and easier to get out than when she’d been talking to Sebastian earlier. Before, only Silvia had known how Laila felt about Eddie and now it seemed like the whole world did. She was just telling person after another. She barely knew Layla? What was she doing? Laila shook her head. She didn’t know. For the first time in her life she had done something truly awful without any provocation at all and she didn’t like what she saw.

“I mean seriously, we’ve been going to school together for six years and you know what he said to me last spring? ‘Laila, you’re a girl!’ Like I’m sorry, did you just not notice when I went through puberty and thought I had bouncy tumors growing out of my chest?”

Her frustration might have been witty had it not been punctuated with chest shaking sobs.

Layla Dawson

Edwin Murray for the mention

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Layla Dawson
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 09:01 PM

Layls

Age / 17 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Post Count/ 47

Clary | She/Her

Layla felt that question deep in her soul, and she wondered if that certain dark haired boy even knew if his best friend was a girl. Maybe he only saw her as a sister, nothing more. It was nice, to have that relationship but the thought depressed her even farther, she was not going to lie to herself. Maybe to him, but not to herself.

After the jumble of word vomit that came out of her roommates mouth, Layla realized the getting ready thing was going to be put off for a while and sat down on her own bed that was next to hers. Silent snickers came out of her mouth in response to 'bouncy tumors' but she did feel for the girl. "Sometimes, guy don't think like ever before they speak." It was true, she has heard her fair share of stupid sentences from guys she has dated. "But its usually sentences like that that means they've noticed you, they just won't admit it."

There had to be more to this story though, and Layla's curiosity and new found personality had her staying in this spot. "Guys are dumb Laila, sometimes you just need a good night to get over whatever it is they do. By the way, this guy seems to be stupid if he hasn't noticed you, you're beautiful."

Laila Kennedy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 07:44 AM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 130

The talk with Sebastian had served to calm Laila down a little bit although once she was on her own, her broken heart helped her mind to work a million times a minute until she was all worked up again, but Layla’s advice helped a little too, if not in a different way. Sometimes, Laila thought to herself, sometimes there were situations in which only another girl was helpful. Sure Sebastian had meant well, but girls offered the crutch of hating men, even when the heart breaking situation at hand wasn’t the guy’s fault at all.

“Sometimes, guy don't think like ever before they speak. But its usually sentences like that that means they've noticed you, they just won't admit it."

“You’d think,” Laila replied. “Until it’s followed by said boy asking you dating advice about the perfect pureblood girl he’s in love with.”

There was something so comically melodramatic about the whole thing. Laila had always liked to read romance novels, the trashy ones like Bad Moon Rising tugged at her heart strings even when she thought the main girls were a bit, ridiculous stuck in their love triangles. Nothing like that happened in real life. But here she was, a pathetic mess, all because of a boy and suddenly she could understand those silly girls who mooned over guys who would never like them back.

“Beauty doesn’t mean anything when you’re a Muggleborn,” she finally said although she did appreciate Layla’s compliment. “Guys at our school don’t really go for anyone less than pure. I can’t help that my parents were Muggles, I didn’t choose that life.”

The suggestion of a night out, however, peaked Laila’s interests and she sat up a bit straighter, sniffling and as her tears slowly stopped. “A night out?” she asked curiously, her head tilting a little as she brought her worn tissue to her face to blot away the tears. “But my face is puffy.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Layla Dawson
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 03:05 PM

Layls

Age / 17 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Post Count/ 47

Clary | She/Her

Layla's heart broke at what the other girl was saying to her. Guys only like purebloods? To be honest, it made her a little angry as well. There was absolutely nothing great about being a pureblood, just read the magazines and articles about her.

Layla dared to take a seat next to her to put a hand on the girls back in comfort. "Laila, you seriously are not missing anything. I would much rather be a muggleborn than deal with the crap I have to deal with on the daily as a pureblood. Screw boys if they can't see your true worth and passed the pureness of your blood." She moved her hand in circles, trying to rub away the girls pain subconsciously, "one day you'll find someone worth your time, someone who sees passed your family line into the real you. Until then you have to put up with the idiots around this school." Her mind wandered a bit to Sebastian, the only boy who has seen passed her icy exterior, passed the drama of her family and still liked her for her.

Layla perked up a bit at the idea she had. This girl next to her was sweet, and so nice and Layla really needed a friend other than Sebastian in her life. Plus, she really deserved a night to get loose after everything she's been through it seemed. "You know, I got invited to a party it's pureblood invite only but there's ways around it. Do you want to come with me? I could use a friend." She smirked at Laila, looking at her puffy red eyes and tear streaked face, "and don't worry, I can do wonders with a towel and a bit of makeup."

Laila Kennedy

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Laila Kennedy
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 07:46 AM

Age / 17 | Height /

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Post Count/ 130

The comforting hand on Laila's back did little to calm her down. Despite the nice words her roommate offered, at the end of the day they were still basically strangers. However she did not shake off the friendly hand nor flinch away. Layla was only trying to help and Laila wouldn't begrudge her that.

"Thanks," she said, smiling through her tears. Even if the hand was bothersome, the words were not. She wanted to tell Layla that she doubted Layla would want to be a Muggleborn, either. All the stigma that went along with it? Even if there were some nicer classmates who ignored blood status in the classroom, there were also some not so nice ones who took one look at her and turned up their noses.

And even though Layla proclaimed that she out to screw those boys ho couldn't see past her blood status, Laila knew it wasn't just about the boys. It was about everybody, this invitation to a pureblood only party just served to prove her point. She didn't think she'd ever even hear of a Muggleborn only party. It sort of made her want to go find Sylvia and throw one.

But Layla offered to take her to the party anyway, claiming that there were ways around it and Laila found herself wondering. Could she pass as a pureblood? Did she even want to? And, most of all, would Eddie be there? She hoped not, she didn't know if she could face him even after Sebastian had urged her to tell him how she felt. "Sure," Laila nodded, wiping the latent tears off her face. "And anyway, there's always magic to cover-up what make-up cannot."

Even though there were moments where she thought being a simple Muggle would be easier than the complications of being a Muggleborn, other moments came where she was grateful for the existence of magic.

Layla Dawson we can end this here or do another post? I don't really care, up to you.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse