Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Duo of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

The Yellow-Brick Road, Open, Adventure Club Hike (Yellow Path)
Suzie Gura
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 09:52 PM

Weirdo

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Allagash

Single / No Regrets

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 24

Chloe's directions didn't seem too hard to follow. Follow the coloured ribbons, wander around the grounds, get some snacks. All in all, a nice chance to look for interesting flora and fauna in the woods and get a pudding cup. A day well spent.

After considering the options, Suzie settled on the yellow trail. It wasn't just a path, so the odds of finding interesting goodies went up, but it wasn't as athletically demanding as the red. As usual, she elected to take her own water on the walk. The only way to know what you were putting in your mouth was to make it yourself, or spend several hours testing it for dangerous substances.

Rolling up the hem of her robes so they wouldn't get too dirty, she double-checked the knots on her hiking boots and found a suitable stick to walk with. Exams would be a hassle soon, but for the meantime, it was nice to ignore them and spend some time outdoors. Studying would probably need to be a thing if she wanted to pass her charms and transfiguration classes. Strolling off after the yellow markers, Suzie kept her eyes and ears open, focusing on moving quietly so as not to disturb any creatures who were quality ingredients.
PM
^
Kyara Valentino
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 03:58 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / London, England

Confused / feelings

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 48

Kyara was in need of some relaxation, and the Adventure Club hike held promise. For at least one day, she didn’t want to think about anything that was going on with her family. It would be easier to do this while surrounded with the quietness of nature. She often enjoyed sitting in the courtyard and other various areas around the school that offered solitude, but she was unable to do so as much in the winter months. The outdoors gave her time for self reflection and a quiet place to draw in her sketchbook.

Aside from Mac, no one bothered her when she was sketching outside. She recalled the times she tried to find a private place to sketch inside of the school and shook her head with a small laugh. One sketch was ruined by a food fight, Chloe walked into the classroom she was using (although, that hadn’t been an unwelcome interruption), and a staff member was frustrated with a student who threw up in the entrance hall. It was nearly impossible to be alone within the school.

A bit timidly, she walked into the group of fellow students who were listening to Chloe give directions. When she received her map, she began looking at it to see where the stations were located. She just needed to figure out which path to take. She glanced up at her friend, who was the main reason Kyara wanted to join the Adventure Club. Kyara figured Chloe would be hiking on the red trail, and thus she considered it for a moment, but quickly ruled against that trail because she wanted something that didn’t require as much energy. When many of the club members had dispersed, she made her way to the yellow trail.

As she began walking, she made sure her book bag was secure. She brought along her sketchbook in case she wanted to take a break and replicate something from the scenery. Kyara breathed deeply, as an attempt to allow all of her frustrations to exit her body. After a few moments, however, she realized she was not alone. She spotted Suzie walking just a bit ahead of her. She was close enough where she could have called out to Suzie, but decided against it. She didn’t know Suzie well, but from their interaction she concluded that the girl did not like to be disturbed often. She allowed herself to get close enough so that Suzie could talk to her if she wanted to.

After some time, Kyara heard a branch snap behind her. She turned her head to see that there were some familiar faces approaching them. “Hey!” Kyara called out, with a wave. Remembering that Suzie was nearby, she quickly glanced at the girl to see if she would react.

@Suzie Gura
@Elsie Caldwell
@Charlie Antonin

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Charlie Antonin
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 01:16 AM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Boston

Single /

Author Alias / Tyler

Timezone/ EDT

Post Count/ 41

Charlie stuck to the back while the adventure club delegated trail instructions. He saw a couple people he knew, but he didn't want to bother them, since he was probably going to stop to write a lot, and that would probably get on most people's nerves. He was hoping they hadn't noticed him, and weren't thinking he was avoiding them.

Figuring adventurous students would take the harder paths, Charlie opted for the yellow. He also figured if he found a sufficiently shady spot he just might not get back up. He saw Kyara up ahead and figured if he kept pace behind her it would be all good. It got much worse when he realized there were other people ahead too. He hadn't found a writing spot. He was going to be invited into a conversation. This is what he got for joining a club.

Charlie braced for imminent conversation, but stayed behind the group ahead of him. Maybe when Kyara turned around she hadn't noticed him? He could wait it out and stay far behind them? Probably not, but at the very least he wasn't speaking until addressed. One on one conversations were bad enough multiple people on one sounded terrible.

@Elsie Caldwell
@Kyara Valentino
@Suzie Gura

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Elsie Caldwell
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 02:17 PM

Age / 13

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Seattle

Single /

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/

Post Count/ 43

Adventure Club was exactly the kind of club that Elsie could get into. She loved being outside, exploring, playing games and climbing trees. Even Quidditch was barely enough to burn of her excess energy. Even though she had become friends with Nova, who loved to hike, it wasn’t actually a favorite activity of Elsie’s. Although it was outside and physical, she often found it too slow and got bored. When she saw that it was the next adventure club activity, she considered not going. However, she realized that there would be plenty of other people there for her to walk with and talk to, which would make it more entertaining.

After listening to Chloe’s information, Elsie conceded that she had definitely made the right choice in coming for the hike. Pudding cups! And milkshakes! There were quite a few people milling around too, getting ready to set off on their hikes. Despite Elsie’s energy, she didn’t have enough enthusiasm for hiking to want to go on the red path. It was long and it might get boring if she didn’t find someone to talk to. Instead, she set off for the yellow path, which sounded interesting enough. There were also several people heading toward the yellow markers, too.

Disappointingly, the students that Elsie was walking behind were walking single file and a bit apart, none talking to each other. She eventually grew fidgety and bored. She knew the grounds too well for the scenery alone to amuse her. Watching her sneakered feet, she began stepping on dry leaves in order to listen to the satisfying crunch. Oh, and there was a nice looking stick! Elsie stumped on that one as she walked up to it, unintentionally drawing the attention of the student in front of her.

“Hi, Kyara!” Relieved that someone had finally said something, Elsie quickened her pace to join the Thunderbird girl. “Why did you bring a book bag? Are you planning on studying at the stations? You’re not even a fifth year, right?” She supposed she could be remembering wrong. “I might expect that for TOADS or HAWKS, but really that’s excessive cramming just for regular tests,” Elsie said, unleashing her typical barrage of questions.

@Suzie Gura @Charlie Antonin @Kyara Valentino
PM
^
Suzie Gura
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 09:30 PM

Weirdo

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Allagash

Single / No Regrets

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 24

At the sound of the commotion behind her, Suzie turned. Lost in her hunt for critters and plants, she had apparently picked up quite the rearguard. She recognized Kyara, and... Charlie? He looked familiar. Same house and year, she suspected. That was where most of the familiar faces were from. There was also a younger girl she didn't recognize, but who seemed to know Kyara.

The chance of a quiet walk in the woods rapidly deteriorating, she walked towards the gaggle of her classmates. "Hey, Kyara. Flip anything fun off your desk lately?" She paused, then gave the world's most awkward set of finger guns, intending to convey a joking tone. She shrugged her bag off, placing her notebook inside. There was no sense in taking notes on animal behaviour if they were going in a large group; they'd scare off the animals before getting close.

The younger girl seemed like she'd spent the morning huffing Pepper-Up potion. Who had that kind of energy before supper? Madness. She resolved to bring caffeine on the next hike, if there was one. "And who's your friend?" Suzie jutted her chin at the youngster before standing up, sliding the pack back on. "I think I'd remember someone that awake."

@Elsie Caldwell, @Charlie Antonin, @Kyara Valentino
PM
^
Kyara Valentino
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 11:45 AM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / London, England

Confused / feelings

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 48

“Hey Elsie!” Kyara said with a smile, as she slowed her pace so the younger girl could catch up with her. The smile remained on her face as the girl bombarded her with questions about her book bag. She chuckled a bit at the question about studying. “No, I’m a fourth year, and unless there is a test at the end of this hike, I am pretty much over studying for anything.”

She reached to pull her book bag around her so that she could access it from the front. She slowed her pace a little more as she opened the zipper to reveal what was inside. “I brought my sketchbook and a few pencils in case I wanted to draw anything, as well as some snacks.” She pushed around an apple, trail mix, and a bag of gummy bears. “Snacks are always a good idea.”

She took a quick drink from her water bottle and returned it to her book bag, which she pushed into her back once more. “Let me know if you want anything.” She looked over at the girl and added, “How are your exams going? Are you excited that you are almost a fourth year?” Fourth year was a good year. It was right in-between the intermediates, so there wasn’t the added stress of TOADs, which Kyara was not looking forward to in her next year at Ilvermorny.

Shortly after her question, Suzie had joined them. “Hey Suzie,” Kyara began with a mischevious smile, “No, I haven’t, but the next time I have to make a potion that requires anger, I know who I want as my partner.” She then nodded towards Elsie. “This is Elsie. She is a third year and in our classes.”

They were still missing someone who was walking near them. Kyara smirked and looked behind them at Charlie, who was probably trying to avoid a social situation. “Hey Charlie!” She yelled loudly, then walked to meet him. “Come on, they won’t bite. Well, Suzie might, I’m not sure about her yet.” She grinned as she put her arm through his in an attempt to lead him to the rest of the group. “Were you hoping to get a chance to work on your manuscript?”

@Suzie Gura
@Charlie Antonin
@Elsie Caldwell

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Charlie Antonin
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 01:03 AM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Boston

Single /

Author Alias / Tyler

Timezone/ EDT

Post Count/ 41

Dang. She spotted him. Booting up Charliebot 2.0: Talking Edition™. He smiled shyly at Kyara and waved, stumbling his way over. "A-Alright." He was trusting her on this one, but he wasn't looking forward to the conversation. Especially one that questioned the cannibalistic tendencies of one of its participants. That was generally a no-no.

He shook his head. "I'm not actually. I thought I would try out some nature writing. I haven't done that in a long time." Charlie smiled when he spotted her sketchbook. "Thinking about getting some art time in?" He looked at the dirt and then at the other two girls. Knowing full well Kyara was going to introduce him if he didn't do it himself, he murmured. "Uh, hi, I'm uh, Charlie. So yeah. We're hiking right now. That's cool." He wanted to die. He wanted to be struck down by some all-knowing deity out of mercy.

He gave Kyara a 'sweet Jesus please help me I'm drowning here' look. He felt kinda dumb for being nervous. He was getting better in one-on-one conversations, but three-on-one? That sounded, and was like hell. Charlie was happy to see his friend, but he was feeling like a tragic Greek hero at the moment. This was his point of reckoning. His arrow to the ankle. His Cyclops to the sea.

@Kyara Valentino
@Elsie Caldwell
@Suzie Gura

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Elsie Caldwell
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 06:59 PM

Age / 13

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Seattle

Single /

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/

Post Count/ 43

Elsie seemed to have found herself with a group of students who were all more interested in writing and drawing than hiking. There was Kyara with her sketchbook, Suzie with her notebook and now Charlie with his nature writing. How had Elsie ended up on a hike with a group of people who didn’t even want to hike? They probably didn’t feel much like talking either, given they all had other activities. She hoped that now that they were all in a group, there would be more conversation.

“Oh, snacks are a good call.” Elsie peered into Kyara’s bag as she shifted things around. It didn’t occur to her that she shouldn’t be doing that or that perhaps she should ask. “Gummy bears! You’ve definitely come prepared. I’m glad there are stations during the hike though. That was a good idea of Chloe’s.” Elsie tried to remember what their first station would be. Some of them had sounded better than others. “Yep! I’m glad I’m not taking TOADS yet. Are you worried about them?” Elsie asked Kyara.

“Hi, Suzie!” Elsie waved, even though they were now standing near each other. At their exchange, Elsie looked between the two older girls in confusion before she realized that they must have paired together for potions when everyone had had to be angry. That had certainly been an eventful class. At least they were still getting along afterwards.

“Hi, Charlie!” She gave the boy a wide grin. He looked nervous and uncomfortable. She couldn’t remember ever having talked to him. “Manuscript? Are you writing a book? What’s it about?” The idea that Charlie might be less inclined to talk given he looked nervous didn’t entire Elsie’s mind. She treated him to her normal questions.

@Charlie Antonin @Suzie Gura @Kyara Valentino
PM
^
Suzie Gura
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 12:56 PM

Weirdo

Age / 16

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Allagash

Single / No Regrets

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 24

The group seemed agreeable enough. Writer guy out to be inspired by trees. Kyara looking to draw a pretty rock or whatever. Hyper youngling trying to... eat snacks? Seemed harmless enough.

"Nah, you're safe," began Suzie, turning to Charlie. "I left my fangs in my other robes" She cocked a thumb behind her at the woods, and lowered her voice to a whisper. "I'm here looking for doxies. Little bitey fairies, eight limbs, black fur, beetle shell wings? If you spot one, feel free to let me know. I will happily extradite you from whatever's weird about this social situation for your help catching some." It wasn't really important what had the boy on edge. For all Suzie knew, he'd discovered Elsie was a blood-thirsty vampire and come out to warn them. What was important was getting 15ml of doxy venom before studying started. There wouldn't be time to hunt for more during the exam crunch.

"Hi, Elsie." Returning the greeting was simple. This hike was turning out to be pretty ok after all. "You're the resident snack gourmand? I'm just in it for the pudding cup, personally." Scratching her bag in the right place so it wouldn't bite as she removed things, Suzie pulled one out. Vanilla heaven in a tiny, plastic cup.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/