Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Duo of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Not out of the woods
Cassandra King
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 07:21 AM

Age / 14, Born March 14th (Pisces)

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / San Francisco, California

Smitten / Kyara Valentino

Author Alias / Nieve/Aeryn

Timezone/ Pacific Standard Time

Post Count/ 15

Cassandra tried not to groan, really she did. But camping? Yuck, no. The only thing good about camping was the “preserving body heat” trope that books or movies did with it. Actually surviving? Psh. Well not “pssh” but it wasn’t a very likely thing, was it, that she’d be in that situation anyway. Cass didn’t think she was fussy per se but she didn’t see herself voluntarily camping, well, ever.

Jocelyn was already picking something from the workbench. Cass tried to see what material she selected without leaving her seat but, after being unable to do so, went to get her own. Once there she didn’t really know what to pick, part of why she had tried to copy Jocelyn. It was always so hard in this class, Professor Blair always wanted them to figure out what worked best –and why, which was equally boring- instead of just telling them. Blindly choosing a dark rock of some sort, she went back to her table. Placing the stone in front of her she tried to focus and realized there was a much bigger problem than creating a readily useable contraption. She didn’t know what these contraptions listed were.

“Um, hey,” she reluctantly asked her neighbor, “do you know what any of those things are?” As brilliant an excuse as not knowing what they were would have been she didn’t think Professor Blair would accept it. “I don’t know what I’m doing at all.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Kyara Valentino
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 10:10 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / New York, NY

Confused / feelings

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 86

Kyara glanced at the seat her best friend used to sit in during class. It seemed like it was going to be a lonely year for her without Chloe. She knew she was probably being somewhat dramatic about it, but still, it was a strange feeling of emptiness.

Letting out a sigh, Kyara tried to focus on what the lesson was. Camping. Alright, she didn’t mind the outdoors. Transfiguration wasn’t her favorite class, for she found that she enjoyed charms the most. She struggled to imagine what materials were close enough in composition to change.

As she made her way to the front of the room, she stared at the materials in front of her. A water purifier could be composed of a lot of different materials, some of which were often found in the woods and didn’t need to be transfigured, but that wasn’t the lesson. One purifier used bark from a tree. She spotted a cloth like material that no one else picked up, so she grabbed it. Scanning the rest of the materials, she decided on rocks because they could be turned into sand and charcoal.

After she returned to her seat and was ready to get started, she heard Cass ask her a question. Kyara turned to look at her, and grinned. She had missed talking to Cass, who seemed preoccupied with things going on in her life last year. She didn’t hold it against her friend, but found that she gravitated more towards Chloe, Suzie, and Charlie because of it. Initially, if she had been given the chance to work with Cass in every class last year, she wouldn’t have minded at all.

“A water purifier can be many things. I looked into camping a bit because I don’t mind the outdoors, and I was trying to enjoy hiking more.” Her thoughts trailed to Chloe, but she quickly pushed them away. “I picked up this stuff because I am going to attempt to turn them into related objects. There is a purifier that uses sand, charcoal, bark, and twine to sift and purify the water so it is safe enough to drink.” She shrugged a bit and continued. “Normally, I would probably just say to heat the rocks and boil the water.”

She glanced at Cass again and smiled. “Do you have any ideas? Do you just want to work together?” Kyara was able to keep her composure for the most part around Cass, which was a stark contrast to how much she had blushed at the Winter Formal last year. Still, there was something about the Wampus girl that never failed to attract Kyara’s attention.

Cassandra King
Chloe Chevalier(for the mention)

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Cassandra King
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 03:14 AM

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 15

Cass really wanted to be friends with Kyara, she did. Making conversation was hard though, and working together, though the total opposite of unappealing was probably not a wise idea, not when considering she still had feelings for the girl. Who could blame her? It wasn’t because Kyara had been the first to show genuine reciprocation, though it didn’t last long, more that the reasons Cass had been enamored with Kyara hadn’t suddenly gone away when the girl lost interest. And really, who could have blamed her? Cass had gotten so wrapped up in Jocelyn’s problems the past break that she had completely neglected her.

With all of the doubt and dread that always accompanied the more pleasant feelings, thoughts and memories about the Thunderbird dulling her senses, Cass was able to only get out a small “Yeah, working together would be nice.” She really didn’t know what to do with this assignment at all. She didn’t know what to do about her tablemate for that matter either but if only one thing could be solved right now she’d take it. Hopefully Kyara’s willingness to partner up would mean they could get back to being on at least somewhat less. . . stilted interactions or at the very least less emotionally upheaving on Cass’ part .

Kyara Valentino

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Kyara Valentino
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 02:07 AM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / New York, NY

Confused / feelings

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 86

Kyara glanced over at Cass with a look of curiosity. She wasn’t used to her fellow fifth year’s quietness. The formal had consisted of flirty banter, and Cass had seemed to be anything but quiet. She wondered what had changed, and what had caused her to be distant for the remainder of their fourth year. She also allowed her mind to wander to the thoughts of whether or not Cass simply lost interest in her, or found someone else that she liked better. It was hard to not wonder about such things since Kyara had been striking out with all of her romantic pursuits.

Taking out her wand so that she could start to transfigure the objects on the table into something useful, Kyara paused and turned to Cass. “I have an idea.” She smirked at the other girl, and held out her hand for her to shake. “Let’s start over. I’m Kyara. I have a cat named Ghost, I love to paint, and I’m currently hoping that you don’t think I’m weird for doing this.” She laughed a bit and returned to her work, but continued talking. She hoped that she at least broke up the awkwardness that seemed to be forming between them. “I’m here if you want to talk about what happened last year. We could always talk about other things too.”

Cassandra King

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Cassandra King
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 03:42 AM

Blood Type / Halfblood

Post Count/ 15

The smirk came as a thoroughly pleasant surprise, making Cass’ heart skip a beat. What accompanied it made her heart feel like it stopped altogether and then race. With a full blown grin, Cass accepted the proffered hand “I’m Cass, I have too many bad habits to list, and I am absolutely thrilled that you’re doing this.” She wasn’t sure which had laughed first, but the sound of Kyara’s brought her already wide smile to face-breaking levels. Gosh, she was lovely.

The girl thankfully had turned away when she offered the chance to talk, and so did not see Cass’s face fall. More than anything Cass wished she could explain. Deciding to take the opportunity presented, she continued “I wish I could. It’s not fully my story to tell though. . .” Rubbing her temple and bringing her chair back up from its previous tipped position, she added “Jocelyn required a lot of- attention I guess, and we basically cut ourselves off from the world, minus a few relatives. Never has there been a less pleasant or more memorable trip to Europe than Christmas that year.”

She chuckled self-deprecatingly at the thought of how unhelpful she’d been. Jocelyn had needed more than just reassurance and petting to calm her down, she had been moved to an isolated wing in the estate they had rented. Grand’Mere had been less than sympathetic, and Jocelyn seemed to break, seeming like an empty, cracked shell of herself. She had nightmares, and day terrors, and had suffered hallucinations on particularly bad days. Bringing her back was all thanks to the mediwitch and mindhealer the family hired. Jocelyn still hadn’t opened up to her with the specifics, just that she was frightened all the time. Still, what she was privy to didn’t seem right to share.

“Coming back I was just . . . preoccupied.” Not a lie, but not reassuring, Cass still felt like she could say no more. This was a fresh start. Kyara was sweet and forgiving enough to let her grievances slide so maybe it wouldn’t matter, so now she just had to figure out if she need to give an explanation. Maybe at some ppoint, the moment was too fragile right now.

“But tell me about you. What have you been up to since we, uh, last talked” Cass blushed.

Kyara Valentino

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/