Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken?, Tag Tanya
Elsie Caldwell
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 07:27 PM

Not Eleanor

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Seattle

Single / and heartbroken

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/

Post Count/ 89

Elsie wasn’t usually a cryer, but catching Hunter kissing Poppy certainly did the trick. She couldn’t hide her red rimmed eyes and blotchy face. So when she ran into Tanya, there was no use trying to deny the fact that she was upset. Besides, it felt kind of good to tell someone what had happened. Elsie was not used to talking about guys and had mostly rolled her eyes when other girls did, but now that a nasty breakup had happened to her, she found it therapeutic to have someone to tell. Tanya suggested they sneak into the kitchens to talk over ice cream and brownies, which Elsie was very much obliged to.

“I just feel so dumb, you know?” Elsie told Tanya over a brownie sundae topped the caramel sauce. It was such a stereotypical girlie sight, but for once she didn’t care. It was what she needed at the moment. “How could I have thought everything was fine?” She took another big bite of ice cream. “I didn’t go kissing Kiernan when he was fawning all over me under the potion and then he goes kissing Poppy because she shows him attention,” she said in disgust, shaking her head.

A horrible thought crossed her mind. “Do you think I wasn’t paying him enough attention?” Poppy had been lying in his lap. Elsie liked to hold hands but she didn’t hang all over him in public. She had liked to spend time with him, talk to him and yes, kiss him, but she didn’t grab at him all the time. She had thought that was something he even liked about her, that she wasn’t all about showing off or making other people jealous. It had felt pretty straight forward. She liked him and liked to hang out with him, but apparently that wasn’t enough.

Tanya Rhonimus
Hunter Beaumont - mentions
PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 10:03 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Minsk, Belarus

Single /

Author Alias / The Foxy One

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 135

When Tanya saw Elsie red-eyed and upset she knew she had to do something. So she listened, and even though boys and dating were topics way out of her depth she offered what little advice she knew of. Said advice was observed from watching muggle movies but it still counted, right? Thus Tanya suggested they sneak into the kitchens for ice cream. It was a crazy, ill-responsible idea but Tanya wanted to help her friend through this troubling time.

She filled a bowl with Elsie, and took care to get the same amount of food. Tanya was hardly one for sweets, and didn't think she could ever finish a whole bowl of ice cream but tried her best anyways. "I don't think you're dumb at all. Things could very well have been fine. Such things often are until something happens like Poppy falling under the effects of the love potion. I do not think it's you at all." It was hunter who acted the way he did. Tanya hardly knew the boy and wasn't sure what she should say about him. In the end she decided upon the truth.

"He should have said something if he didn't like the way things were with your relationship. You couldn't have known otherwise. Hunter shouldn't have kissed her and he doesn't have love potion as an excuse." Tanya moved the ice cream and brownie bits around with her spoon. There were other things she wanted to say but wasn't sure if they would be considered supportive. It seemed best for Elsie to eventually talk things over with Hunter, but should she really suggest that now? So close to the pain he caused Elsie?

"If. . if he is the kind of boy who could kiss another girl without thinking of your feelings then I'm glad you broke up with him. You deserve better than that." Tanya caught Elsie's eyes and smiled. It was small, but deeply genuine.

Elsie Caldwell
PM
^
Elsie Caldwell
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 07:03 PM

Not Eleanor

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Seattle

Single / and heartbroken

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/

Post Count/ 89

“Yeah,” Elsie shrugged, trying to take Tanya’s words to heart. She appreciated the other girl and felt like Tanya would tell her the truth. In general, Elsie preferred directness and Tanya wasn’t one to hold back her opinion. When she knew she could trust someone to tell the truth, it made their words of comfort more meaningful. Tanya wasn’t simply going down a list of clichéd breakup lines. Still, it was hard not to feel crappy about everything.

“Thanks, Tanya.” She tried to return the smile. She was grateful for this friendship. “This love potion thing is pretty nuts. I mean, maybe it was better that it just happened this way. Now I know, at least. If Poppy hadn’t been put under the love potion, something like this might have just happened later with someone else. Maybe I wouldn’t have even known about it for awhile.” That thought made her feel sick. It was hard to imagine Hunter carrying out some long deception, but it had also been impossible to imagine that he would just kiss some other random girl.

“I mean, it probably wouldn’t have lasted anyway. He was always all concerned about protecting me from pureblood gossip. I got mentioned in that Purely Posh garbage magazine before we were even together. Not by name or anything,” she added, “thank Merlin. I can’t imagine his family would ‘approve’ of me.” She glanced back at Tanya, remembering the conversation they had had back at her cousins’ house. Maybe she should stay clear of that topic.

Tanya Rhonimus
PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 05:21 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single /

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 135

Tanya may not know many things about relationships or breakups, but if her honesty was enough for Elsie then it was enough for Tanya. Sometimes she wondered why people were so roundabout with their words. That they would say one thing but mean another. It was terribly inefficient and confusing and allowed for words to get twisted into knots. Still, it wasn't a difficult thing to imagine. "It is nuts." Tanya agreed. Though the thought that Hunter could lead Elsie on while dating someone else made her angry. Lying to anyone like that was disgusting.

The mention of pureblood gossip made Tanya's expression sour. It was trash peddled to people who felt that they were above it when really their lives revolved around it. Pureblood society loved their scandal and didn't care who got hurt until the gossip eventually turned back on themselves. Her parents were awfully quiet about her own appearance in Witch Wicked but she knew they were planning some kind of response. They always found a way to hurt her.

"Anyone concerned with that trash is too good for you. Same for anyone who cares more about what society thinks than the person before them." It was hard to keep the venom from her voice. Tanya's anger against the lifestyle her parents choose over her shouldn't be Elsie's problem as well. And it wasn't really what Elsie was talking about, was it? Her outburst could have muddled things. "I'm sorry. I suppose I'm not the one to talk too about gossip. Though, that does sound like an exaggeration on his part." Or that he worried that things said about Elsie would make him look bad.

She dipped the spoon into the ice cream and made herself eat a couple bites. "I didn't mean to make this about me either. This should be about helping you feel better. So, um, maybe going out and doing some flying would help?" Getting Elsie to do things she liked sounded like a good way to help.

Elsie Caldwell
PM
^
Elsie Caldwell
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 12:41 PM

Not Eleanor

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Seattle

Single / and heartbroken

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/

Post Count/ 89

Elsie pushed around the bits of brownie at the bottom of her bowl. When she looked back up at Tanya, she felt a little guilty for bringing up the gossip magazines. It would obviously be a sore subject for the other girl. Tanya had been the subject of many of them when she first arrived at the school, many people speculating as to the origins of her curse. Her expression spoke volumes about her opinion of those magazines.

“Yeah,” she sighed. What Tanya said made sense. If Hunter did care more about his reputation than he did about her, there wouldn’t be any reason to be together at all. In all honestly, she wasn’t really sure what it was he was worried about. He had always made it about her and not wanting her to get hurt, even though she had insisted that she didn’t care what other people thought. Maybe it really had been about his reputation and he was just lying. It wouldn’t be the hardest thing to believe after what had happened with Poppy.

Elsie waved off Tanya’s apology. “No. It’s okay. I shouldn’t have brought up those stupid magazines. I’ll just never understand why people care. Don’t they have better things to think about?” She imagined one's life had to be pretty boring and vapid to care that much about what other people were doing with theirs. “You’re right though. Flying sounds like a good idea.” She was glad it was something she and Hunter had never done together. At least he wouldn’t sour that for her. Although she would probably be donating the Quidditch gloves he had given her for Christmas.

Tanya Rhonimus
PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 02:38 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single /

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 135

One would think people did have better things to think about than gossip. Tanya nodded along as Elsie talked, and smiled a bit when the other girl liked her flying idea. There was something cathartic about physical activity that made anger or pain manageable. There was probably a slew of psychological studies that would back the statement up. "Or maybe we could play more baseball. Though, one day I will have to play some quiddich with you." There was no better way to get better at something then actually practicing it. Tanya liked sports, so perhaps playing quiddich would be practice she wouldn't mind.

Mind less, at least. She wasn't sure if it was the heights or the brooms themselves that made her more nervous.

"You could visit again in the summer if you'd like. Kepler and Bertram liked having you over." Tanya could showoff more of the desert, or share more movies with Elsie. Maybe Elsie would like the muggle games that Bertram had on his computer. There were a few that Tanya liked and looked forward to playing again. "Sometime this summer Bertram wants to take me to California and teach me how to surf."

They've talked enough about magazines and boys, and Tanya was curious of Elsie's summer plans. All of her friends had some kind of plans. So far Tanya planned on lounging in the desert sun and helping Kepler in the greenhouses. "Were you going to do anything over the summer?"

Elsie Caldwell
PM
^
Elsie Caldwell
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 09:22 PM

Not Eleanor

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Seattle

Single / and heartbroken

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/

Post Count/ 89

”Hitting things also sounds like a really great idea,” Elsie responded with a resolute smile. The pain and anger hadn’t yet subsided, but she didn’t want to do anymore crying right now. The talk with Tanya had helped and now she hoped for some sort of enjoyable distraction. If Tanya didn’t want to play Quidditch, Elsie didn’t mind playing baseball instead. “Have you ever tried playing beater? Maybe you would like that,” she added. It did involve a bat and a ball, after all.

At the invitation for a summer visit, Elsie’s face genuinely brightened. “Yeah, that was super fun!” She stood up now, having finished up her ice cream and ready to get on with something else. “I’m not really sure, We usually take some sort of vacation trip, but it’s getting more difficult now that my brothers all have real jobs and stuff. It gets kind of hard to plan, you know?” It was weird, they were all off doing their own thing now.

“Surfing should be fun though. I’ve gone snowboarding, but I have no idea if it’s at all the same.” Elsie waited for Tanya and then started toward the door so they could head outside. “We still have to try to get baseball games going,” she said, continuing their conversation as they left. “We’ll get it going next year, for sure.”

Tanya Rhonimus
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/