Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
Does anyone have any theories to explain the strange weather?
Want to be involved in exposing it?
Message Cutter!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late February--Early March| Highs 30°F/ Lows 22°F
BLIZZARD WARNING: Ongoing hazard of white outs and icy conditions.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Announcements
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Feb 25 2017, 12:03 PM
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

Hello Everyone!

We are so pleased to have you looking over our website and hope that you join us and help make this site a success! Here are some announcements that we think everyone would be pleased to hear.

First things first, we have decided to make the official start date of the term be Friday, March 3rd. We still have several professor/staff and student roles to fill, so if you are looking to join and cause drama amongst the staff or just to make some friends with the students, please head over to our application forum and fill out the one that best fits your needs.

Secondly, we would like to specify that our applications remain open throughout all term, so you can apply at any time. We simply will write it as though your character had been here for the entire term (or longer, depending on the age of the character) or, if you prefer, we can write him/her in as a transfer.

Our last announcement is that we want to make this site as author oriented as possible. This means that if the structure of classes isn't to your liking or if you want to have a big site plot, etc., we will do our best to accommodate your desire. We will use most of our decisions based on votes so that all members can voice their opinion on any changes.

This is a writing site for people to have fun in and with other authors. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not have any hesitation in asking us!

We look forward to writing with you!
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 03:09 PM
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

Hello Everyone,

Liam and I have been seeing some special abilities mentioned either in chat as people wanting or in posts that were not previously approved. Special abilities are things like wandless magic, Animagus, or Legilimens/Occulmens. While these things do exist in the magical world, they are incredibly advanced forms of magic that only highly skilled witches and wizards are capable of doing (after many years of development and practice). If they weren’t, everyone would have been an Animagus, wands would be of no use, and everyone could simultaneously read and block people from their minds.

These abilities have to be approved by Liam and myself before any plot is provided with them. These are done on a case by case basis where the reasoning for such abilities makes sense (such as, the Chevalier students learning non-verbal/’sign’ wandless magic due to their deafness). If you are to have your characters start to learn this without approval, please have these as unsuccessful attempts. If we find that you are having your character learn these abilities without approval and are successful, you will then be going against the rules of the site and we will implement the three strike rule.

We are not trying to be difficult and understand that some of these abilities would make sense to your character, but we also do not want a site full of people with special abilities because it is unrealistic in a small community to have this and authors joining the site will either get the wrong impression of what we allow.

Thank you,
Kiva and Liam
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 11:12 PM
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

Hey Everyone!

There seems to be a bit of confusion/inconsistency regarding Blood Purity and how the Elite work, so I created a guide to help. I would also like to create a general list of everyone's family on where they land on the spectrum so that other authors know who they may consider Elite or not (yay trying to become organized!)

So, if you could let me know. I can only pull general information from application (aka, who is pure, who isn't) which won't help identifying who is Elite, who is Traditional, or who is liberal, etc.

The guide can be found here
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 10:11 AM
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY, EVERYONE!!

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all of you because it’s really you all who have made this site as successful as it has been in its first year running. You have all been so patient and flexible as we admins work out any issues that comes along and are always willing to help us when we need it. You are all such a joy to work with and the amount of support and encouragement that you have had, not only to us, but to each other has been honestly the best part of all of this for me.

Even with our ups and downs and the comings and goings of authors, you have all remained exciting and inspiring for the site. You have all jumped right into the plots that I create for the general site/events or that other authors have decided to throw in for their own characters and I think that shows a great about of support and enthusiasm for one another. You also have all been welcoming to new members and helping them get accustomed and integrated into the plots of the site and that is definitely appreciated from me.

I know things have been complicated and running a bit slow on the admin side these last couple of months since it’s just me, but I do really want to thank you all for being understanding and I know Kelli will appreciate all of you as well. I want to make this next year just as great as our last!

With Love,

Sarah (Kiva)

Liam Ammon
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 06:19 PM
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

Hi Everyone!

I will begin to start throwing up the NPC plot posts soon and wanted to give you all the heads up. These posts will be important to your characters in both the town and the school. If staff can also include them into their lessons as they come, it would help push the plot along. I’ll be posting these at the beginning of the week so that you have time to include them in lessons. They will be posted sporadically throughout term and I will post a link in the cbox whenever a new one is up.

They will be placed in random forums but will affect all students/staff/townsfolk, so please do not let the placement of the post confuse you as to who will be affected. We are keeping the plot vague for now but we’re sure you’ll catch on pretty quickly ;P

The first post will be up next week.

Thanks Everyone!

-Kiva/Sarah
^
Admin
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 06:37 AM

Layls, Cuts, Ayla

Age / 1 year | Height / 7 ft

Pronouns / All

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Everywhere

Taken / Atop Mt Greylock

Post Count/ 30

Mysterious Ones | All

Hey Everyone!
As some of you may know (or may have noticed), we have a new Admin account! I mentioned it briefly in chatzy, but figured I'd make an official announcement and clarify a few things.

The admin account is meant to serve as a catch-all for questions and plot ideas/approvals. This means that Kiva and I both get your messages, will discuss them, and jointly send a message back to you.

So, what kind of plots need approval?

Big ones. Things that could have a far-reaching impact on the site, or impact large groups.

Also, any plot that toes the line as far as the rules go--dark magic, magic bordering on special abilities, etc. (See here for what is not acceptable ic or ooc.)

Smaller individual plots don't generally need approval, but keep in mind that if it contains violence or graphic adult themes, it needs to be in the password protected MA forum, Shady Acres Motel.

If you're not sure whether your plot is site friendly or not, this is exactly what the admin account is for. Feel free to run stuff by us, and we'll work with you to make it happen as long as it's inline with site rules.

We're also open to ideas on future site plots, so send those our way too!

Let us know @ Admin if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks!
PM EMAIL
^
Dimitri Porter
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 07:48 PM

Speedy

Age / 24 | Height / 6'3

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Salem, Mass

Single Guy /

Post Count/ 69

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Hey Everyone!!

Just a reminder to all of you posting for the tryouts that the Quidditch Tryouts will close tomorrow night at midnight EST. Be sure to have your tryout posts in by then to be considered for a spot on the team. Good luck to everyone who tries out!!

Coach Porter

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Admin
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 09:18 PM

Layls, Cuts, Ayla

Age / 1 year | Height / 7 ft

Pronouns / All

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Everywhere

Taken / Atop Mt Greylock

Post Count/ 30

Mysterious Ones | All

Hey everyone!

So we just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page concerning Sarah’s/Kiva’s characters. We’ve been seeing a lot confusion with it and we’re sure some of you that were really wrapped up in a plot with one of them might not be exactly sure what to do with the situation.

For her older characters that have been around a while, Sarah’s wishes were for them to be as though they left town. So let’s say if one of your characters were in a relationship with one of hers, work it out that they’ve left and won’t be coming back, obviously your characters won’t be seeing them in town or in school. As for her newer characters it would probably be best to pretend as though they never existed.

IF you are doing any ongoing threads with one of her characters and she’s contributed quite a bit to the thread, please consider them void, dead, abandoned and discuss with the other authors (if they are involved) on how you guys would like it to end. However, if only one or two posts were made in the topic, let one of us know and we can delete the posts and you can edit her out as you see fit.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion!

Love,
Your lovely admins Layla, Cutter, and Webquish.
PM EMAIL
^
Lydia Chambers
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 08:57 AM

Age / 32 | Height / 5'9

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Surrey, England

Currently Single /

Post Count/ 180

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Valentine’s Day has come again and that means a chance to show the people who occupy space in your life just how much you care about them! How do you do this you wonder? Welp, the answer to that question is simple….with flowers and silly cards of-course! Okay people here’s the deal...for those of you who would like a special flower with a card sent to someone for Valentine’s Day all ya gotta do is let me know some really easy details….

First: Whom is sending the flower(s)
Second: What type of flower(s) am I sending
Third: Whom is receiving the item(s)
Lastly: What would you like the silly card to say to this person.

Easy right? Bear in mind that you may only send up to TWO flowers per receiver and you may mix and match if you wish just to spice things up a little. You may send the flowers to as many people as you wish within the school. Also keep in mind that the flowers do not have to be sent to their recipient at the same time. They can be sent separately if you wish, but you can still only send TWO to that person. Same rule applies for anyone receiving flowers. The recipients only get TWO flowers total regardless of if they are sent to them together or separately. All flower requests must be sent by PM either to Ariel on Discord or Lydia Chambers on site (whichever is easier) no later than Thursday, June 14th. The Valentine’s Day event begins on Friday, June 15th so make sure you have your flower requests in before then. All flowers and messages will be posted for viewing next Friday for the event. All flowers with messages will be delivered Valentine’s Day either at breakfast or within your first two classes of the day. There will be no others delivered AFTER that time period. If anyone is confused at all by how it works, please reach out to me for any reason.

Your flower choices this year are as follows:

Red Roses: Love
Pink Roses: Sweet, Poetic Romance
Red Lillies: Passion
Yellow Lillies: Thankfulness
Pink Carnations: Friendship

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL WEBSITE
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse