Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Magic is for suckers! Ariel's Journal
Ariel Blackburn
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 08:54 AM

Small Red

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Portland, OR

Girlfriend to Danny-Boy /

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 332

Hey Journal,

Well Journal....another year, another boring magic school. The only good thing about this one is that its as far away from my lunatic family as I can get. Don't get me wrong, I love them most of the time, but I can't be around them right now. Not if they're going to let HIM hang around everyone. I mean, I get that my younger siblings need to see our father every once and a while, but I certainly don't. Not after what he did. Not after what he'd been doing. I try not to think about the horrible things he said before he left, but I can't and it still hurts. He had been my hero, my dad. The one normal thing in a house full of babies, chaos and magic. He was the one thing I could always count on to be there while I tried to figure out my place amongst my ginormous family. He listened when I bellyached about my older sisters and he helped me with homework from school. Ya know, before the whole magic school thing. He and I were like two peas in a pod. Then the pod broke open and everything began to fall apart.
See...dad had been all for getting married to my mom against the wishes of her family, but they were in love apparently so why not right? Anyways, they marry and start having a family together and apparently the whole time this was going on my dad never knew my mom was a witch. He found out about that sometime after kid number 5.. or was it 6? I can't remember right now. Anyways, he finds out and apparently flips out. He leaves for a little while and then apparently comes back, deciding he was being a DB about the whole thing. They get back together, harmony returns to the household. Mostly. Turns out all was not forgiven and dad was just biding his time until the final explosion of emotional proportions. He had timed it extremely well too so it did the maximum damage and had massive fallout. Up until that moment, Dad amused himself with snide little comments here and there that appeared inoculous at the time, but took their toll on the people around him. The barbs got worse with every new female child that was added to the familial mixture. Dad had apparently really wanted a boy and was getting ever more frustrated by the mass amount of estrogen that was invading out household. I was 5 when my brother Alexander finally made an appearance. My dad seemed to mellow out once that happened, but quickly escalated back to barb throwing when my triplet sisters were born shortly after my brother.
Once the triplets arrived, Dad started drinking more and hanging around home less. He and mom were always fighting about something and he kept throwing mom's heritage in her face. He swore that his SON would not turn out to be a mutant freak like the rest of HER family. Like the rest of us weren't a part of his family or anything. I guess after my first three older sisters got their acceptance letters for Magic School, dad's suspicions on our freakishness was confirmed. His drinking got even worse and he went from harmful, occasional barbs to full out insults. The only person he didn't pick on or insult was my brother. He even picked on the triplets, but thankfully they were too young and didn't understand. And the funny thing was that the more he insulted everyone the angrier I got, only I wasn't so much angry with him, but angry with my mother for condemning us all to our current hell. If it hadn't been for the fact that she herself was a freak, then none of the rest of us would be either. If it wasn't for her hiding what she was from him, then we would all have been normal and this whole magical thing would have been just a really bad dream. But no, she had to hide it from him and he had to watch us all one at a time become the very things he was beginning to loathe.
Then the day came when all hell broke loose. It was the day that I received my own acceptance letter. Every horrible thing my father had been keeping to himself finally came to a head and came spilling into the room and everyone's ears. That was the day that he grouped me in with everyone else he apparently hated and had packed his belongings. That was the day that he told my mother he couldn't stay married to an abortion of nature and help her raise her demon spawn any longer. He denounced all of us as his children (all except Alexander of-course) and left the house with a resounding slamming of the front door, never to darken its door way again....or so I thought. I was beside myself already, having listened to him make comments about how freaky we all were and he was glad he was the “Normal” one, but I broke down completely when I saw that blasted envelope on the table. The very thing that had caused my father to abandon us all. I was soo angry with my mother I wouldn't speak to her. This was all her fault after all. I kept to myself and refused to speak with anyone in my nut bag family. It was because of all of them that my father now hated me. Not long after that my sisters and I were being carted off to school.
I hated the place. I hated the people. I hated everything about it because it all reminded me of what I had just lost right before I came there. I spent 6 months in magical hell. Well...maybe not actual hell, but it was hell to me. I was constantly be forced to participate in classes that just displayed my freakishness out there for everyone to see. I did the minimum it took to pass and then went home for winter break. I walked into the house and immediately stopped in my tracks. There in our living room sat my DB father, playing patty cake with the triplets. Acting like everything was perfectly normal. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. To say that I blew my top at him would be a bit of an understatement. I went completely A-bomb on both of my parents. Mom tried to talk some sense into me and be comforting, but I didn't want her comfort. It was her fault that everything happened the way it did in the first place and I told her so. My father just sat there listening to the whole exchange. The jerk face never even tried to apologize for the things he had said to us all, said to me. He never said anything remotely apologetic. He actually had the nerve to tell me that I was being a baby about the whole situation and that I needed to grow up and get over it. I told him he needed to drop dead and ran from the room. I cried for the rest of the break. By the time it was time to go back to school I refused to go. I told my mother that if she insisted on my attending some freak show magic school that it would have to be as far away from her and my father as I could get, staying on this continent.
Mom agreed and she looked into other schools located in the states. She was the one who had suggested Ilvermorny. I hadn't looked at the location too closely, I just agreed and she made the arrangements to move me. The day I left for Ilvermorny I think my mother tried to apologize to me for everything, but I don't think I gave her the chance. I was still just soo angry. I was angry at her...I was angry at my dad...I was angry at life in general. The only solace I had during all the times my dad badmouthed us was when I had my hands in the dirt at home. For some reason beating on soil and ripping weeds out of the ground helped curb my anger a bit. I had hoped to be able to so something similar here after arriving, but I never got to find out. It was immediately back to classes...back to swarms of strange people....back to spell casting. No matter where I turned, it was everywhere! Constantly mocking me...constantly reminding me why I lost everything. Magic was to blame for EVERYTHING! I HATE magic and I don't really care who knows it. Being a witch SUCKS!

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Ariel Blackburn
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 04:40 PM

Small Red

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Portland, OR

Girlfriend to Danny-Boy /

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 332

Second Journal entry March 26

Hey Journal,

Well Journal...where do I even begin with this one? These last few weeks have been the strangest ones I've ever had and for me that's definitely saying something. Back at my old school I had people avoiding me like the plague and I'll be honest, I kinda liked it that way. Cuz then that meant that none of the other freaks around me would try to bore me with fakey “friendships” and mindless chitchat. It also meant that my sisters wouldn't try to include me in things with them and their air-headed friends. I was only 11 then and I could tell the difference between someone with a brain in her head and the ones who were running on fumes because the little hamster running their wheel had died at some point and had been left to rot. I'm 12 now...almost 13...and I'm not around any of my family anymore. Its still feels awesome, but at the same time it also feels a little lonesome. Okay, yeah I said it. Big, Bad Ariel “I'll bite off your face if you call me a Witch” Thornton is lonely. Sort-of. However, I will never admit that to another living soul and if they try to claim I have I'll deny it and call anyone who said it a filthy, rotten liar. But anyways....
I don't quite understand what's been happening to me lately Journal. I kinda feel like things inside my head are changing and I don't really know what to do about it. In a few months it will be a year since I demanded that mom send me to a place far away from everyone to finish out my prison sentence, but the really odd thing is is that I don't feel as much of the anger as felt when I first left home. Don't get me wrong...I'm still pretty darned livid about the whole thing that transpired before I came to Ivermorny, but these last few weeks especially have made some of that anger lessen. And most of that has been due primarily to some of my fellow inmates. I know...I was pretty shocked by that development myself, but its true. For someone like me who hates talking to people in general, to have spoken with not one, but three of my fellow inmates without feeling much animosity towards them, is nothing short of a miracle. It shocked me soo darned much that I actually broke down and wrote my mother about it just to have someone other than you to tell about it. I don't really know what possessed me at that moment, but whatever. A few days later the usual letter from mom arrived, telling me all about how happy she was to hear from me finally and how happy she was that I was making new friends and that I seemed to be over my anger issues...blah..blah...blah.
Then she made the serious mistake of mentioning in the letter that my father had asked to see me during winter break this term. Something about how much he missed me and he wanted to make things up to me. I tore the letter in half and burned it in the fireplace of the Wampus common room. The nerve of both of them. Her gushy crap I could have put up with and maybe even kinda felt good about, but the garbage about seeing my dad again. Forget that. I wrote a very short letter back to my mother stating that while I might be working out some of my issues while here at school, but there was no way on God's green earth that I would ever spend another minute with the DB that called himself my father. If he was going to be present for Christmas break than I would spend it elsewhere...Again. Seriously! What the heck was my mother thinking with that one?! Anyways, leaving that can of worms closed for the time being. As I was saying Journal...so like here I am at this new-ish school, with a new set of inmates and jailers, and somehow it happens..Bam! I literally trip into my very first conversation with one of the other inmates who is stuck in this prison with me. And I do mean I literally tripped into that one. I tripped over a planter in front of our Herbology class as she was inside. The conversation was brief, but it still happened. And I managed to talk to her without being sarcastic and rude which almost never happens with me.

Moving on....my very next run-in with a person, that seems to have yielded the most positive and slightly scary results of them all, came in Charms Class, cuz we both know how much I just love Charms Class. Anyways...this little first year sits next to me in Charms class and after watching me completely fail at being a witch, he gives me a new eraser which he changes to look like a watermelon and offers me stuff he filched from the kitchen. Me of all people...anyways...he reminded me of like a cuddly little puppy and I just couldn't bring myself to be mean to him. It would have been like literally kicking a puppy. You know me and animals...when it comes to them I am a closet softy. Seeing Darius as a fluffy puppy probably saved his little life. Anyways...he offers me food which I've never been able to turn down and offers to help me work on the stupid spell in class. I almost told him to bugger off, but decided against it. I'm still not so sure trying that stupid spell again was the best plan, but whatever. Anyways...I think for once “Hey..there's no way this could go wrong right?” WRONG!!! Not only does it go wrong for me, but it goes EPICALLY wrong!!! Not only does the spell blow up in my face, Literally, but it shape changes my hand as well. I wound up looking like a circus sideshow freak with lime green skin and a melon for a hand. Needless to say...I wound up in the hospital wing waiting to be seen by the medic. Best day ever right? HAH! It was my worst nightmares come to technicolor life! I was soo ready to just throw in the towel completely..I mean who wouldn't in my position right?
Anyways...here comes Darius to the hospital wing looking pretty green himself and I was about to lose my marbles. It was one thing for the spell to blow up on me and make me look like more of a freak than normal, but I totally couldn't handle that it happened to Darius too because of me. So I did the one thing I almost NEVER do and I apologized to him for it. Turns out the crazy little dweeb turned himself green to be in the hospital wing with me so that I wouldn't be alone. Can you believe that? He purposely turned himself a different color just to continue hanging out with me even if we were both stuck in the hospital to do it. It almost made me cry..I mean who does that? The whole thing kinda scared the crud out of me because I actually liked that he did all that for me. What the heck?! I don't like anyone really, but I like the fact that this little first year wants to be around me...voluntarily. Crazy right? So now having probably just made my first bonafide friend all on my own, I resolved to try to work out more of my anger issues and try to be less of a grouchy pain in the butt. I think I might be succeeding a bit on that second part because I managed to speak to another one of my fellow inmates the other day in CoMC. I had gotten my robes caught in the teeth of a very large, overly affectionate kneazle named George and Ayla managed to help me get myself free. I was then “assaulted” by the other kneazle in the room, Bob. I'll admit I kind of used Bob to break the ice a bit with Ayla, but at least I made an effort right? That's more than I've ever done before so I think its a pretty big deal. I guess only time will tell at this point. In the meantime, I can spill my guts to you and maybe in time find my way to Councilor Nicchi's office. I wouldn't count on that last one too much, but I suppose anything can happen.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/