Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Announcements
Dimitri Porter
 Posted: Oct 18 2017, 05:36 PM

Speedy

Age / 22

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Salem, Mass

Boyfriend of Chloe Jareau /

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 68

Hey Everybody,

Due to some team changes recently, a position has opened up for one of the teams. Quidditch tryouts are being reopened for the next 4 days only to try and find another player. Desired position to be filled is that of a Beater. Tryout posts will be put in the Quidditch forum under Let's have some fun! A new member will be chosen along with alternate positions by 10/22. The game begins 10/27 with the new format. If you have a character interested in playing, even if you already have an active player, make sure to post for tryouts. Hope to hear from everyone soon!

OOC: Names tagged are for active players who may have another character who might want to play. Tryouts are open to any and all on site.

Damian Holger
Victor Dupree-Whitney
Blaire Vice
Jule-Rae Morrisett
Cecilia Rumm
Milo Tremaine
Blake Mac
Walter Willow

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 08:51 PM

Kiki

Age / 52

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Albuquerque, NM

Married / Jeff Jareau (NPC)

Author Alias / Sarah/Kiva

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 89

Hey Everyone!

At the request of Katie's author, we added a new tab to the Author/Map spreadsheet that can be found here. It's a stats sheet for your characters so that people can have an easy and quick way to access a character's basic appearance or things that other characters would find noticeable. I have used a couple of mine as examples (will eventually get all of mine there). It's a rough draft of this though, so please be patient as we find new ways of bringing this out for people.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 10:42 PM

Kiki

Age / 52

Blood Type / Halfblood

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 89

Hey Everyone!

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and we will be sending out 'carnations' to people.

If your character wants to send a carnation, please email us at ilvermorny.head@gmail.com the following information:

-Your Character
-The person your character is sending a carnation to
-Any message sent with the carnation
-Whether it is signed or anonymous

If you are sending any of them anonymous, please make sure to let us know if you want us to include an OOC note to include who the actual sender was for OOC purposes or if you'd prefer it to remain completely anonymous

You can send more than one carnation per character. Just be sure that if you are sending more than one, you provide each character the information above so that we send them out correctly.

Please have these sent to us by Sunday, December 24th so that we have time to compile them. Due to the holiday and the scheduling Liam and I will likely have with family obligations, please have this in sooner rather than later.

If you have any questions, please PM me http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Thanks everyone!

-Kiva-

Liam Ammon

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dimitri Porter
 Posted: Dec 6 2017, 12:01 AM

Speedy

Age / 22

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Salem, Mass

Boyfriend of Chloe Jareau /

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 68

Hey Everybody,

Just a quick announcement. The admins and I are offering an alternative sport to Quidditch being played during the Scrimmage Game happening next week. Those of you who wish to participate PM Kiva or myself and let us know so we can plan the game accordingly. The sport being suggested for play is Soccer aka Football (for our international authors). We need to know before the game starts who might be interested in playing. Game is open to ALL authors. Thanks a bunch guys!! Hope to hear from you all soon!!

Coach Porter

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 09:11 PM

Kiki

Age / 52

Blood Type / Halfblood

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 89

Hey Everyone!

I think there is some confusion on traveling into and out of Greylock. There is no road in or out of town, there is only the train. vehicles of any kind are allowed in the town (there are streets), but they have to be brought in/out magically (such as, shrunk and stored in a pocket or suitcase).

This is a safety measure for the school.

Thanks!

Kiva

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 07:38 PM

Kiki

Age / 52

Blood Type / Halfblood

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 89

Although this is something that neither myself nor Kelli really enjoy having to announce, but we have recently had to remove Cecilia Rumm’s author from our site and our chat room due to many things but the main being behavioral issues/attitude problems she continued to show to Kelli and myself whenever we had to address something with her that pertained to site or chat rules.

If she reaches out to you, please let us know so that everything can be addressed respectfully for all involved

This was not a decision that we took lightly but was the result of continued disrespect for us as people and for the rules that were agreed upon when joining. This is supposed to be fun and we put a lot of time and effort into making it that way for everyone. We are not unreasonable with expecting everyone to act like adults and respect each other and us.

Kelli and I have always been pretty flexible when it comes to people needing to blow off steam or have an initial reaction to something they don’t agree with. We are all human and those types of things are expected. However, there is a difference between a simple reaction to something and blatant disrespect.

When one of us or a moderator reach out to authors it is because a site/chat rule has been broken or because something was either said or done that has made another author uncomfortable. We understand that mistakes happen and we’re more than willing to take it as an honest mistake and move on from it. But when that mistake is repeated multiple times, it is no longer an innocent mistake but direct rule breaking or purposefully ignoring our requests. This is not okay and is disrespectful to us and to your fellow authors.

Going forward, we are enacting a three strike rule.

First Strike:

Any behavior or disrespect shown to us or another author will get you a warning.

Second Strike:

If we find that there is still behavioral problems or disrespect towards us or other others, you will be put on final warning.

Third Strike:

Any continued behavior will result in an immediate ban.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 03:09 PM

Kiki

Age / 52

Blood Type / Halfblood

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 89

Hello Everyone,

Liam and I have been seeing some special abilities mentioned either in chat as people wanting or in posts that were not previously approved. Special abilities are things like wandless magic, Animagus, or Legilimens/Occulmens. While these things do exist in the magical world, they are incredibly advanced forms of magic that only highly skilled witches and wizards are capable of doing (after many years of development and practice). If they weren’t, everyone would have been an Animagus, wands would be of no use, and everyone could simultaneously read and block people from their minds.

These abilities have to be approved by Liam and myself before any plot is provided with them. These are done on a case by case basis where the reasoning for such abilities makes sense (such as, the Chevalier students learning non-verbal/’sign’ wandless magic due to their deafness). If you are to have your characters start to learn this without approval, please have these as unsuccessful attempts. If we find that you are having your character learn these abilities without approval and are successful, you will then be going against the rules of the site and we will implement the three strike rule.

We are not trying to be difficult and understand that some of these abilities would make sense to your character, but we also do not want a site full of people with special abilities because it is unrealistic in a small community to have this and authors joining the site will either get the wrong impression of what we allow.

Thank you,
Kiva and Liam

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 11:26 AM

Kiki

Age / 52

Blood Type / Halfblood

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 89

Hey Everyone!

The new term is fast approaching and we are looking to see if anyone is interested in becoming a Student Council Member and represent their classmates? We need two people per year from 3rd years to 7th years. IC, you work together on behalf the student body and along side the staff for any issues, concerns, or fun activities. OOC you will be asked to partner with new authors and help them get involved into threads and the overall plot as well as answer any concerns that they may have.

We will review the,character to determine if they would IC meet criteria to being a council rep (grades, behavior, etc) and OOC on availability. Please PM me if you feel your character would be a great fit and you are comfortable with the OOC duties.

Thank you!

Kiva/Sarah

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 07:02 AM

Kiki

Age / 52

Blood Type / Halfblood

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 89

There is a bit of confusion regarding Field Day. Parents/Family would not be there unless they attend Ilvermorny as students or live in town. Students leave for home via train the following morning. Also the games are not like carnival games. They require some physical dynamic like flag football or three legged race. There is only a small section of creativity games where you create works of art. Please keep this in mind as you decide what your characters are doing.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 05:30 PM

Kiki

Age / 52

Blood Type / Halfblood

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 89

Hi Everyone!

We have some reminders that I need to go through with you all, so these will be placed as an announcement on site as well as being sent in PM so that I know that everyone has read it. Please make sure you read EVERYTHING in this PM as it is all important information you need to be aware of.

First reminder is for staff, please have your points in by 2/16/18. Please, please please, let me know if you can’t do your points and I will make sure they are completed. We want to get the House Cup winner reward up as soon as possible.

Second reminder is that from 2/16 to 2/23, we are in the final week of the term. This is the week that you clean up your threads around the school.

Third reminder is that from 2/23 to 3/2, we are in our ‘summer’ week. This means that ALL school threads will be archived so that we can prepare for the new term.

So, my final reminder is regarding site rules. More specifically, God-modding. We have had a few complaints over the last couple of weeks regarding this issue and I wanted to address everyone so that we are all on the same page on what God-modding is and how you may be inadvertently doing it.

God-modding is when you take control over another author’s character without permission.

Please note that if you are writing actions for a character that is not yours, that is god-modding. Some authors do not mind if you make small moves like walking them forward, etc. However, it is always best to ask first in order to avoid any conflict.

Please note that if you have two threads going at once, one in the past and one in the present, that are both active threads and you write the outcome of the thread in the ‘past’ without discussing first with all authors involved how their characters would react, that is god-modding. By deciding on your own how the thread will end, you are deciding the actions of another author’s character.

Please note that if you decide on how a friendship between two characters is without discussion with the other author (or an attempt of a discussion if the author is MIA), that is god-modding. Forcing action or inaction of another character in any way is writing for that character.

It is always better to ask or attempt to ask before posting an action/inaction of another character that is not yours. Hopefully all of this makes sense. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me and I will do my best to clarify anything.

Thank you,

Kiva/Sarah

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 03:51 PM

Kiki

Age / 52

Blood Type / Halfblood

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 89

Hey Everyone,

I have written out a list on how much school someone with a particular degree should have. This should be considered when you create your adult characters as it will be a determination on whether we agree with the plausibility of the career and age of the character.

The list can be found here

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 11:12 PM

Kiki

Age / 52

Blood Type / Halfblood

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 89

Hey Everyone!

There seems to be a bit of confusion/inconsistency regarding Blood Purity and how the Elite work, so I created a guide to help. I would also like to create a general list of everyone's family on where they land on the spectrum so that other authors know who they may consider Elite or not (yay trying to become organized!)

So, if you could let me know. I can only pull general information from application (aka, who is pure, who isn't) which won't help identifying who is Elite, who is Traditional, or who is liberal, etc.

The guide can be found here

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/