Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

We Bend Until We Break, Closed | Katie
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:00 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York, NY

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 46

Warning: Sensitive Topics

The vial of poison in his hand was a brilliant shade of yellow. Chase had never been much of a fan of the color before, but it reminded him of the sun. He held it up so that the suns rays passed through it, creating a kaleidoscope of colors. It was a beautiful day. A perfect day to be his last.

He had managed to avoid contact with other people on his way to the lake, just as he expected. It seemed that Field Day had captured the interests of the entire student body, which allowed his plan to be executed flawlessly. No witnesses. No one to stop him. No one to find him until it was too late.

Chase had sent his letters before leaving his dorm. Hunter wouldn’t get his until later that evening when he returned to their dorm room. He didn’t want to ruin his best friend’s last day at school, so he was thankful that Hunter had decided to go check out the games and activities along with everyone else. His thoughts drifted to Katie. Finally, she would know everything. He hoped that she would understand one day. It was for the best. He only ever cared about protecting her. The letters to his parents were raw honesty. Hopefully, his father would change his ways, or maybe his mother would realize that she needed to take Chase’s sister away from the monster who she called her father. Either way, Chase had the last say. He decided his fate.

Smiling down at the bottle, Chase popped the lid off and took a deep breath. Time to take the plunge. He lifted the bottle to his lips, and was about to tilt it when he heard a familiar voice and froze.

Katherine Lavale

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:12 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Author Alias /

Timezone/

Post Count/ 84

Katie swore under her breath. She had been at the lake since early morning, hiding and waiting. Today was the day. It was taking every bit of strength she had not to retch in the nearby bush. Merlin. She was trusting Bridget on this one. If this didn’t work, her world would be over. And she knew just who to blame. Her fingers twisted slowly, cracking.

Hearing the rustling of small branches being moved, Katie caught site of Chase. She watched him for a moment as he held up the vial. It was lighter than their version had been, but that wasn’t surprising given the ingredients. Breathing in to steady herself, Katie cautiously moved towards Chase, stopping far enough away so as not to cause him to panic. “I know.” The problem though was not her knowing, but how to make him see, to live.

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:21 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York, NY

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 46

Katie’s voice made Chase retrace his steps as he paused. What happened? How did she know where to find him? He hadn’t included his location in his letter to her, but only in the letter to Hunter. He stared ahead at the water as he tried to figure out what to do. She wasn’t supposed to see any of it.

Turning to her, he lowered his hand and changed his expression to one of annoyance. “Just what is it that you think you know? Actually, a better question is what do you want? What are you doing here?" Why was she ruining his plans?

Katherine Lavale

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 01:18 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Author Alias /

Timezone/

Post Count/ 84

Katie weighed her words carefully. One wrong thing and it could all be over. She looked out onto the lake. “It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” She moved closer. “Kind of peaceful, right?”

It was only when Katie was next to Chase did she answer one of his questions, “I know what’s in your hand, but the better question is what do you want?”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 05:16 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York, NY

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 46

Chase nodded, while he still looked out at the water. Its peacefulness was why he had chosen the lake in the first place. However, it also taunted him, for it was something that he never felt. He noticed her moving closer, so he turned his body towards her so that he was able to keep an eye on her. She couldn’t stop him. He couldn’t let her, but still, he didn’t want her to be there.

He squeezed the vial of poison when she asked him what he wanted. How was he supposed to answer that? He wanted to go away. He wanted the pain to stop. He wanted to rest. He never wanted to worry again. He wanted her.

He wanted to take the poison.

“I want you to leave.”

Katherine Lavale

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 05:46 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Author Alias /

Timezone/

Post Count/ 84

Katie shifted so that she was face to face with Chase. Her heart was racing. She was scared for him, for herself. She never wanted anyone the way she wanted him and now he was trying to leave her. Her hands touched his wrists trailing down to his hands, careful not to touch the vial. She wasn’t trying to take it away from him. She stared at him, standing her ground. “No, I’m not going to leave. I know what you want.” Her eyes were beginning to tear. “You want to leave. Why?”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 07:05 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York, NY

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 46

When she touched his wrists, he looked up at her. Why was she so upset because of him? Why couldn’t she understand? He was never going to be what she needed him to be. What she wanted him to be. Who she thought he was.

His hands started to shake. He pulled the hand that wasn’t holding the vial free, and took out his wand. “Isn’t it obvious?” Using a charm, he turned his face to a bruised state, worse than when she saw him during midterm. “This,” he began while pointing to his face, “is all I’m good for.” Looking at her with more defeat than desperation he added, “Just let me go.”

Katherine Lavale

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 07:30 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Author Alias /

Timezone/

Post Count/ 84

What Chase did to his face startled her, but she didn’t back down. Tentatively, Katie ran one hand over his face, touching lightly to where he had created the bruising. Leaning forward, her lips lingered on his for a moment before pulling back. “No. I can’t let you go. I’m not going to let him win.” She knew what his father did to him. In her view, it was his father that should have been standing here with the vial, not Chase. “I want you. I need you.”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 10:21 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York, NY

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 46

Chase froze at her touch, before lifting his hand and allowing it to rest on top of hers. He didn’t let himself put anything behind the kiss. Turning his back to her to walk away from where she was standing slightly, he faced the lake again. “He’ll always win.” He glanced back at Katie. “You know how things work. It gets covered up. Smile for the pictures and no one will ever know.” He looked down at the vial in his hand. “This allows me to have the last say. This lets me win.”

Her next words pushed him towards the edge. He knew that she wanted him. It was always obvious to him, which was why she was supposed to forget. “You’re better off without me.” His jaw was clenched as hot tears pooled in his eyes. He wouldn’t let himself cry. How pathetic. He was absolutely pathetic.

Channeling it into anger instead, he turned to Katie. “Just leave! I don’t want you here.” He began lifting the vial towards his lips as he gave her an icy stare.

Katherine Lavale

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 11:04 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Author Alias /

Timezone/

Post Count/ 84

Chase was right. Everything did get covered up in their world. At least for a time. Before Katie could say anything more, Chase walked away from her. A string of swears rang through her head. She had made the wrong move. She could see that she had. Bridget had been wrong. She should have gone to get help like she had planned.

Panic rose to her throat. She felt like she was choking. She had to stop him. “I’m sorry,” Katie whispered, tears beginning to run down her face. She couldn’t let Chase do this to himself. Pulling out her wand, she aimed it at Chase. “Stupefy!”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 11:20 PM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York, NY

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 46

Before he could take the poison, Chase heard Katie call out the Stunning Charm, which hit him at close range and knocked him out cold. He didn’t even have a chance at blocking it.

When he woke up after some time, he slowly opened his eyes. Everything was blurry, but he saw Katie’s shoe in front of his face. Katie. She had done that to him. He groaned as he tried moving his head. He must have hit the ground hard.

The poison.

Rushing to sit up, he frantically looked around on the ground for the vial before finding it a few feet away, shattered into pieces. His motions caught up with him and he held his head as it throbbed from its impact with the ground.

Turning to Katie, his chest heaved with a mixture of anger, fear, and hurt. “Why would you do this to me? Do you know how long that took to get right?” He took out his wand and yelled in frustration before destroying a nearby rock.

After a moment he leaned up against a tree before sinking to the ground and putting his face in his hands. Maybe he was dreaming. He hoped he was dreaming.

Katherine Lavale

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 11:54 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Author Alias /

Timezone/

Post Count/ 84

As soon as her spell hit, Katie rushed over and took the vial. She threw it against a rock buried in the ground to smash it to bits. She breathed a sigh of relief. It was only for a brief moment, but for that moment, she had prevented Chase from what he was about to do. The question was how to prevent him from doing it again.

While waiting for Chase to wake up, Katie had a lot of time to think. She ran her fingers through his hair. She didn’t understand the depth of what went on in his home life. Maybe she was being selfish for not allowing him to go when it’s what he wanted. He was hurting. She knew that much, but wasn’t there another way?

Chase was beginning to stir. Katie moved so that she was standing, ready for whatever came next. She watched while he panicked. She was glad that she had destroyed the vial. It was the first thing he had thought of. The second was her. More what she had done to him. Hurt marred her features, lasting only a moment before she jumped back in fear, shielding herself in response to the rock pieces that went flying.

Fight or flight. Those were the choices left before her. She could run from Chase, run from it all. She could leave, run back to Sebastian, and live a nice, boring life of secrets. Hers and his. Hers being that she would always hate him for what happened. Or she could fight. She looked at the boy, so broken, leaning against the tree. Kneeling beside him, Katie pulled his hands away and cupped his face in hers. “I did it for you. Hate me if you want to. I don’t care. You’re still alive and that matters. You matter. Especially to me.”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:28 AM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York, NY

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 46

Surprise registered on Chase’s face when Katie pulled his hands away and cupped his face in hers. Did the girl ever give up? Did she not just see his pathetic display of anger? All he could do was blow up a rock. He couldn’t stand up to his father, at least, not really. He was afraid of what would happen if he did. Not necessarily to him, but Chase was afraid that the man would go after his sister next.

He mattered to her? For a minute or two, he stared straight ahead, as though he was in a trance. What was he going to do? He could try again once he was home. That’s what he would have to do.

“I don’t matter. I shouldn’t matter to you either.” Chase swallowed as he thought about the belt. The belt that he would surely meet again when he returned home. His letters would arrive before he did. “You don’t understand what you just did. I sent them letters…” He wasn’t going to make it out alive either way. “I couldn’t even do this right.” He began laughing, almost manically. It was out of place with the tears that were steaming down his face. He didn’t even notice.

Katherine Lavale

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Katherine Lavale
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 01:10 AM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / France

/

Author Alias /

Timezone/

Post Count/ 84

Reacting, Katie put her arms around Chase, resting her head against his. “I’m sorry.” She began kissing the tears that were streaming down his face. “I care about you. I see this amazing person and the only thing you see is what your dad shows you. He’s the one that should be taking that potion. Not you. Never you.” She bit her lip, thinking about the letters. It was pretty harsh what had been written in the ones to his parents. “We’ll figure it out. Maybe you can stay with Hunter? Please, Chase.”

Chase van der Woodsen

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chase van der Woodsen
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 01:29 AM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / New York, NY

Single /

Author Alias / Kara

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 46

Chase scoffed. There was a thought. His father, taking a poison. That would be too easy. He tensed as she put her arms around him and rested her head against his. Chase felt like he was losing his mind. Slowly, he lifted his gaze towards hers. He wanted to believe the things she was saying. At least, a part of him did. The other part wanted her to give up on him and walk away.

“I’m not amazing. No one should care about me.” He leaned away from her, pulling himself together. After wiping his face, he forced his expression to be stoic. “I wanted you to forget me so this would be easier for you. You don’t have to save me. You should save yourself from me.” He paused for a moment, and looked at her. “We’re never going to get the happy ending you want. People like me don’t get those.”

Katherine Lavale

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  CLOSED NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/