Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
A wild site plot post has appeared!

Have you read the new rules yet? Find them here!
Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late December | Highs 46°F/ Lows 32°F
FLOOD WARNING: Flooding as been reported in Greylock Village. A severe mudslide has blocked off travel from Ilvermorny to town. Use extreme caution when outdoors as flash flooding may occur due to continued heavy rainfall. NOTICE FROM HEADMISTRESS WEBQUISH: Due to extreme weather conditions, I am restricting outdoor activities to day light hours only. With increased flooding and landslides, I implore all students to stay inside and keep themselves safe and dry. Thank you.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

CLOSED NEW TOPIC

A slice of Pye, Closed: Investigation - Amelle
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 03:11 PM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / London, England

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

Cutter was pretty sure that everyone at the school had nothing more than a professional relationship with Alfred Pye and that the investigation would result in nothing exciting to report. But that was no excuse to become lazy with his job. He would ask thorough questions, based on anything he picked up from their thoughts. Most suspected he was a Legilimens, some knew without a doubt. No sense in beating around the bush. He hoped it wouldn't take up too much of anyone's time, as he wanted everyone to have a chance to enjoy the day out on thee pitch. Including himself.

Cutter glanced up from his notes and scribbled plans for his trip to the Ministry. Amelle was there to offer her help. After the love potion incident earlier in the year, he'd kept his distance from her. Still offering reports on the students, but he kept actual contact to a minimum. No sense in stirring up her boyfriend more than he'd done in the past. Why did it have to be so awkward? Sure, she was pretty, but he had zero interest in her romantically. Actually, he had no interest in ever becoming involved with anyone, but then he landed himself a girlfriend and a baby on the way.

"Thank you for coming, I've been tasked with learning all I can about Alfred Pye. Did you know 'im?" Cutter was ready to probe her thoughts on the subject.

Amelle Nicchi

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Amelle Nicchi
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 03:45 PM
Amelle Nicchi

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

Amelle had heard that Cutter was asking people to see him to discuss some things regarding Alfie. She was a little surprised that she hadn’t been asked to see him sooner but she wasn’t sure how many staff members still here knew how close she and Alfie had been. Well, other than Lyall, but no matter what, Lyall wouldn’t have said anything that would have made Amelle look bad by any means. Not that she had anything to look bad over, but she did feel weird about all of it.

She nodded as she took a seat across from him, feeling like a child about to be reprimanded. “Yes, we were friends.” She told him, feeling no need to hide that fact. Amelle had no knowledge of what Alfie did before he became a professor or after he left, so she could be of no help to him in the investigation. She had plenty of memories of the two of them drinking together, or dancing, Amelle being a wingman to Alfie, or Alfie trying to cheer her up after another breakup. The only strange memory might have been of Amelle dancing with an ugly, fat greasy man with no context behind it.

“What did you need to know?” She asked him.

Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
^
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 04:02 PM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

Cutter was pleased to hear that someone was friends with the man, as they could offer more insight to the man he portrayed himself as. The Auror dug around Amelle's memories, to see common activities one would expect from friends of the opposite sex. Of course sometimes that would lead to one developing feelings for the other, but that wasn't his objective today. He was curious about the large man in her thoughts, though, as he didn't seem like the sort of person she'd dance with? Maybe he was wrong.

At least she wasn't holding a grudge against Cutter for the way he acted under the love potion.

"I suppose you've read about 'im in the news, then? 'ow well would you say you knew 'im?"

Amelle Nicchi

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Amelle Nicchi
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 05:47 PM
Amelle Nicchi

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

“I have.” Amelle said. Reading that article had broken her heart. That was not her Alfie. That was not her best friend. Alfie was straight and narrow. He was the person someone went to for help. He was not the one breaking the laws. The articles were wrong about him. They had to be wrong about him.

“I thought I knew him very well.” She told him, her confusion and hurt over everything was evident on her face as she thought of her friend and what was being said of him. “Alfie is a good man. I don’t believe the articles. That’s not the man that I have come to love and know.”

Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay

Alfred Pye for the mention
^
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:54 PM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

It was one thing to ignore the trash written in the popular magazines, but the news was always closer to the truth. They reported what the saw and what they knew, but it wasn't always the complete story. At least someone closer to Alfie didn't believe that he could be responsible for such behaviour, which had the investigation leaning towards magical or blackmail means, to sway his actions. Nothing concrete, yet, but Cutter continued writing his notes on the subject.

It was still possible, that no one really knew Alfred, not even the lovely lady sitting across from him. There was no sense in beating around the bush, another person would know without a doubt, that he could read people's thoughts. Another person who could very well hate him for the talent which helped make him an excellent Auror. Oh well.
"Amelle, I am curious to know why bringing up the subject of your best friend, would cause your memory of dancing with a right ugly bloke, to surface. 'e doesn't seem your type? Yes, I'm in your 'ead. No, I don't care about your private matters and thoughts. Just this investigation." The surfaced memory could be absolutely nothing, or it could be something.

Amelle Nicchi

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Amelle Nicchi
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 03:09 PM
Amelle Nicchi

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

When he admitted to reading her mind, Amelle clamped everything shut. She was not an occulmens so she doubted she could do much to keep him out. She had learned long ago how to shut off her mind and think of specific things like bunnies. Like now, she was just thinking of her office filled with stuffed bunnies, the ones that Cutter had bought when he had been doused with love potion. The anger she felt at the intrusion was plain as day on her face.

“He had a similar accent that Alfie has and it reminded me of him.” She told him flatly. “And dancing with someone doesn’t mean I’m interested in anything more than a dance.” Amelle stood up, her tone was laced with anger. “If you want to read my thoughts, ask for permission. I have nothing to hide, but my mind is mine. Your gifts and how you choose to use them without a care to the person you are using them on are the exact reason that asinine bill is building momentum. I will answer any questions regarding Alfie with an Auror who respects a person’s basic human rights.” Amelle stated and made to leave to the door.

Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay

Alfred Pye for your entertainment
^
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 04:13 PM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

Well, there was another one who hated the fact that he was a Legilimens. But in the mess of anger he'd received from Amelle, he noted that the man in her thoughts had a similar accent. It could mean nothing. Cutter wasn't trying to suggest that the woman wanted anything romantic with the ugly bloke, but in all his years, he rarely saw a woman bother dancing with people they had zero attraction to. But the accent as suggested, may have been enough.

On a personal note, Amelle would be added to his growing list of people whose heads he'd stay out of, unless there was a medical emergency. Or he asks first, though he doubted she would give him permission in the future. Those who knew and couldn't detect it, or block it, always seemed to purposely think about nonsense around him. Fine, that's their choice. He just hoped it wouldn't interfere with him saving someone's life or catching someone terrible. Cutter understood that Amelle would carry the weight of confidential information about others, as he was in a similar boat. But such information would be irrelevant to him and he would ignore it. Not that she would care to know that now, as he'd crossed a line with her. It wasn't his first, it wouldn't be his last.

He almost laughed at her comment about the Bill, but he had enough sense to keep his Poker face on. If only she knew what his involvement was in it. He was supposed to be making a list of those who would be registered under the ridiculous Bill, but instead, he was making note of those people, to protect them from it.
"I understand your anger, as I've been dealing with such reactions for a long time. I will stay out of your 'ead and arrange for someone else to ask any further question, should any arise. And for the record, that Bill IS asinine. I'll use my talent to find and protect those poor sods from that shite, thank you very much. They've done nothing wrong by being who or what they are and I'll be damned if I let the government put bloody tracers on them."

Amelle Nicchi

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Amelle Nicchi
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 05:29 PM
Amelle Nicchi

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

She listened to his comment. At least he was against the bill, but that still didn't help the fact that he was doing exactly what people were afraid of. There were rights and rules and laws that he was openly breaking without a care to the rights of the individual all in the name of the 'law'. It wasn't okay. "Them... this is just the start. If that bill passes, you'll be on that list too. We all will for one reason or another." Without another moment, she left the room. He didn't seem to get the fact that he had an ability that scared people. It made him a target of that bill. Maybe not now...but eventually.

Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay

Amelle has left the building so to speak.
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse