***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

CLOSED NEW TOPIC

Best Besties, tag: Clara
Briar Rose Scribe
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 11:08 AM

Bri/Bry

Age / 24 | Height / Average

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock

Dating / Craig Meyers <3

Post Count/ 127

The Foxy One | Any

Field day was the perfect distraction from the fast approching summer break. The quiddich pitch was stuffed with food stands and games to take part in. The energy of it all was infectious. Briar Rose moved through the crowds in search of his best bestie. Of course he was going to spend time with Craig as well, but it felt like ages since he properly hanged with Clara. Craig can wait for an hour or two while he snuck in some quality best friend ever time.

It didn't take long to spy her bright red hair. "Clara!" He jogged up to his bestie and wrapped her in a big hug. "Long time no see, partner. How've you been?" He's recently dropped a lot of his extra weekend work so he hasn't even seen her at the shop. "Have the babies been kind to your beauty sleep?"

Clara Pickles
PM
^
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 11:53 AM

Curly Top

Age / 26 | Height / 5'10

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Post Count/ 299

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Clara had a rare day to herself where she didn't have to be at the store and her boys were down in Napa visiting with their uncle and their grandparents. She would be getting the twins back the next day. Clara had heard about the field day event at the school and couldn't wait to go! She'd get the chance to see both of her cousins, Briar and his boyfriend and possibly Cutter, his sister and his girlfriend. Girlfriend! Cutter had a girlfriend now with a baby on the way! She was soo happy for both of them.

Clara heard Briar yell for her and happily hugged him back when he pulled her into a big hug. “I have been fantastic! Busy as hell, but fantastic,” she told him, chuckling as she took hold of his arm. “Business has been awesome. I miss you down at the store, but Julie, Saoirse and I have been doing splendidly. Working with the two of them is soo much fun,” she told him, smiling. Clara couldn't help laughing at his question regarding the twins. “Yeah...okay. Not even close dude. If anything, I think those two little boogers do what they do on purpose,” she told him, laughing.
“They're angels for Mark, but demon spawn for me. Its like they know about how I used to be and they're making me pay for it,” she joked openly. “Ugh...I am dying for some pizza. What do you say? Shall we go grab a slice while you tell me ALL about how you and Craig are doing?” She suggested, dragging her male bestie towards the pizza stand.

Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Briar Rose Scribe
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 03:07 PM

Bri/Bry

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock

Dating / Craig Meyers <3

Post Count/ 127

The Foxy One | Any

It's good to hear that Clara has been keeping busy. Briar felt a little guilty that he wasn't at the store too often but it seems things are just fine there. "I'm glad they're there to help." They were nice girls, and Briar liked working with them as well. He snicked at Clara's comment on how the boys distrubed her sleep on purpose. "Nah, it's more like they know you can handle them at their worst. Mark gets their best because they're working him up to the badder behavior."

"Pizza? Hell, yes. I am starving. I didn't even get breakfast because I had to keep naughty kids in line." End of the year pranks were the worst. "I think I passed a pizza stall while looking for you." In fact, he could still see the stall and pointed it out to her.

Clara Pickles
PM
^
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 04:09 PM

Curly Top

Age / 26 | Height / 5'10

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Post Count/ 299

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Clara raised a brow at her bestie as he told her the kids were just softening Mark up for their worst behavior to come. She couldn't help laughing at the idea of that. "Yeah..I guess. One can only hope," she laughed. She giggled as Briar told her he was starving, agreeing with her suggestion for food. She happily followed him to the stand he pointed out and grabbed herself a slice. After Briar got his own, Clara asked him about him and Craig. "So...I know you went to meet Craig's family. How did that go?" she asked him, taking another of her food.

Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Briar Rose Scribe
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 08:10 PM

Bri/Bry

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock

Dating / Craig Meyers <3

Post Count/ 127

The Foxy One | Any

Briar grabbed the meatiest slice of pizza available and chowed down on that bad boy like there was no tomarrow. Ugh, how was pizza so amazing? It was beautiful bread and toppings goodness. "Oh, gosh. How do you learn these thigns?" Though, in a small town like Greylock things passed around pretty quick. Actually, now that he thought about it, it was probablly his mother that spilled the details to Clara. "It went well. I mean, I didn't embarass myself beyond repair. Canada was beautiful.

"Though, soon he'll get to meet my parents and you know they'll absolutely love him. I think mom is the most excited." And most likely already planning a wedding. "She's planning on going all out when I bring him over for dinner.

"How's Mark been doing by the way?" The young wizard figured he must have the kids.

Clara Pickles
PM
^
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 08:29 PM

Curly Top

Age / 26 | Height / 5'10

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Post Count/ 299

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Clara raised a brow at her male bestie. "Duh...how else do you think I learn about things?" she teased him. "Your mother has always loved me." She had been happy to listen to Mrs. Scribe when she had come by the shop and told her about Briar's trip out of town. Clara was impressed that her bestie actually ventured out of town and to a whole other country. Him and Craig were working out better than she could have imagined.

Clara laughed as she tried to take a bite from her pizza. The thought of his mother going all out could only mean one thing. "Do you suppose she's already picked out china patterns and the venue?" she teased him, finally taking a bite from her food. Clara smiled at his question about her hubby. "So far so good I would guess," she told him. "He hasn't complained at all about fatherhood and married life so..." Clara shrugged, taking another bite of pizza. "He's home with the boys right now. Merlin only knows what they do together when I'm not home," Clara chuckled.

Briar Rose Scribe
Mark Pickles (for the mention)

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Briar Rose Scribe
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 11:56 PM

Bri/Bry

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock

Dating / Craig Meyers <3

Post Count/ 127

The Foxy One | Any

Of course. "She's practically adopted you." His mother had a habit of treating everyone like her own children. Which meant that nearly everyone loved her and were all to happy to hear her divulge every little detail of his life. He groaned at her next comment. "Ugh, she's not exactly subtle, is she? I wouldn't surprise me if mom's picked a date."

It was nice of Mark to watch the kids and let Clara have some fun. "Setting fires in the sink and getting tattoos? Normal stuff?" Briar playfully bumped his shoulder into hers. "I'm sure they're fine and missing you like crazy." He finished his slice of pizza and licked his fingers clean. "So, what other dirty details do you know about my life?"

Clara Pickles
PM
^
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 12:24 AM

Curly Top

Age / 26 | Height / 5'10

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Post Count/ 299

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Clara laughed as Briar took her joke about his mom a step farther. "And here I thought that was up to you and Craig," she giggled. "But yeah...I wouldn't put it past her. She once thought you and I would be cute together until I told her dating you would be like dating my brother...ya know...if I had one," she told him, shrugging her shoulder.

Clara scrunched up her nose at Briar's suggestion on extra-curricular activities Mark and the twins could be engaged in when she wasn't home. "Ugh...don't say that. I wouldn't put it past Mark to start a fire in my kitchen," she told her friend, shaking her head. Since her husband couldn't cook to save his life, burning down her kitchen was a complete possibility. Not one she looked forward to either.

She didn't deny he was right about the them missing her part. They all probably did miss her when she was away. "Yeah...they probably do. Probably because I'm the one that feeds them all," she joked, grinning at Briar. Clara chuckled at his question regarding the stuff his mother may have told her about him. Wanting to make him sweat just a little bit, Clara tapped her index finger to her lips in thought. "Hmmm....Let's see..."

After a moment or so, Clara grinned at him again. "She didn't tell me anything that embarrassing," she told him. "She may have mentioned that you like wearing pajamas with feet in them still, but I think that's cute," she told him, trying not to chuckle at the thought.

Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Briar Rose Scribe
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 12:41 AM

Bri/Bry

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock

Dating / Craig Meyers <3

Post Count/ 127

The Foxy One | Any

"I'm sure she'll have several dates picked so we'll have options." He made a face at an old reminder of his well meaning mother and her matchmaking efforts. That had to of been way back when, when they were still in school. "Even if you were a guy it still would have been weird." Clara had always been a sister to him. They were just destined to get along.

Briar snickered, "He can't be that bad. Besides, he's got a wand, he can put out fires. Maybe you two should invest in couples cooking classes." Briar liked cooking so he had no problem being on his own.

Really?! His mom told her about the pajamas? "Because she's the one who bought them for me! What am I going to do? Not wear them? It was Christmas and she got new pajamas for all of us." Briar hid his face in his hands. He's really going to have to have a talk with his mother later. Especially before she met Craig. There was no telling what secrets she'll divulge to his boyfriend.

Clara Pickles
PM
^
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 04:22 AM

Curly Top

Age / 26 | Height / 5'10

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Post Count/ 299

Candie | She/Her/Hers

"Oh no doubt," Clara agreed with Briar. "She's probably had dates picked out forever on the off chance that you would finally find someone nice," she told him, totally not putting it past his mom. His mother had even suggested wedding dates to her when she had heard that Clara was engaged finally. Clara chuckled at that memory.

Clara gave Briar a look before blowing out a breath exasperatedly. "I am his cooking instructor," she told him, laughing. "He still burns water. Sure I trust him to put out the fires he might cause, but geez beasties dude." Clara shook her head, chuckling.

Clara started laughing when he got embarrassed about the pajamas. "Oh Bri...stop," she told him. "If it makes you feel any better the pajamas aren't that bad. She gave me a pair just like yours only purple with a huge heart in the front," she told him, shaking her head a little. She loved Briar's mom, but the woman was a menace sometimes. "She gave them to me for Christmas too."

Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Briar Rose Scribe
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 04:02 PM

Bri/Bry

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / Greylock

Dating / Craig Meyers <3

Post Count/ 127

The Foxy One | Any

It just boggled Briar's mind how a man could be so bad at cooking. How did the poor man survive before he met Clara? By luck or magic probablly. "Good thing he has you. Great thing actually. But if you want a break from cooking you can always visit me for dinner."

Briar groaned when he heard of Clara's past holiday present. "You too? Oh my god that woman. I love her! But, god!" He was chuckling though because that was just like his mother. She was so earnest in everything she did that it was hard to ever be mad at her. "I definately have to treat you to dinner one night."

Clara Pickles
PM
^
Clara Pickles
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 05:02 PM

Curly Top

Age / 26 | Height / 5'10

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Napa Valley

Wife of Mark /

Post Count/ 299

Candie | She/Her/Hers

Clara laughed at her bestie's comments about her hubby and his questionable culinary skills. "Yeah...you know how much I love to cook. It works out," she told Briar, taking another bite of her pizza. "I will soo take you up on that offer very soon though," she told him, grinning. A home-cooked meal where she didn't have to cook it sounded really nice.

Clara merely laughed at Briar's reaction to her confession on his mother giving her the same kind of pajamas. "I love your mom too," she told him him. "She's a sweetheart. Besides, I like mine thank you very much." Clara wrinkled her nose at her male bestie jokingly. "You're on dude," she told him to his offer of treating her to dinner. "Next week sometime? I have my little cousin staying with me for a few days after school ends for her. She's more than likely been one of your students," she pointed out, tearing off another piece of her slice and sticking it into her mouth.

Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS CLOSED NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse