Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
A wild site plot post has appeared!

Have you read the new rules yet? Find them here!
Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late December | Highs 46°F/ Lows 32°F
FLOOD WARNING: Flooding as been reported in Greylock Village. A severe mudslide has blocked off travel from Ilvermorny to town. Use extreme caution when outdoors as flash flooding may occur due to continued heavy rainfall. NOTICE FROM HEADMISTRESS WEBQUISH: Due to extreme weather conditions, I am restricting outdoor activities to day light hours only. With increased flooding and landslides, I implore all students to stay inside and keep themselves safe and dry. Thank you.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) CLOSED NEW TOPIC

Life of Pye, Closed: Investigation
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:02 AM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / London, England

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

((I'm going to use one thread for Cutter to interact with each of the professors to ask questions/probe thoughts about Alfie. Nice and quick. I'll tag everyone now, so you are aware and tag again when I need you!))

More orders came down from MACUSA, this time for some investigating. Thank Merlin, something decent and worthy of an Auror's time. He needed to speak with the staff at Ilvermorny (and eventually any old coworkers from MoM, but that could wait.) about the former DADA professor. What was he like while they knew him? Cutter ruled out the new staff, suspecting they didn't know him at all. But he needed to see the rest, the sooner the better. He suspected the request may not go over well with Lyall or Amelle, but this was official Auror business and he hoped he would have their cooperation.

The Auror considered speaking with the older students about their old professor, as they could be mature enough to assist with the investigation. But, he figured he would check with the headmistress first, for her impression. Most of them may already be aware of what had been in the news and more than willing to help. He was not going to allow the situation to cause them more grief than necessary.

Cutter sent notes to the professors. While it was unfortunate his task fell on Field day, he had no intentions of holding anyone up for long. His sister was going to the event, after all.

I require a few minutes of your time today, concerning MACUSA matters. Please see me in my office at your earliest convenience.

As the first person arrived he offered a nod in greeting.
"Thank you for coming, I don't want to keep you long. I 'ave been asked to speak with you about Alfred Pye. Did you know 'im and for 'ow long? What was your take on 'im?" While Cutter was ready with his quill to take notes, he was probing thoughts for memories which surfaced upon mentioning the man.

Lyall Blair (Let's start with you!)
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau / Amelle/Dom
Lydia Chambers /Sata?/Dimitri?
Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lydia Chambers
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 05:08 PM

Age / 32 | Height / 5'9

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Surrey, England

Currently Single /

Post Count/ 171

Candie | She/Her/Hers

I require a few minutes of your time today, concerning MACUSA matters. Please see me in my office at your earliest convenience.

Lydia looked at the note again as she reread it. What could the auror possibly want with the staff at the school? She had no reason to think that anyone there could have anything the MACUSA could want. Lydia frowned at the note as she penned a quick reply back to Cutter. It was only a few minutes of her time. What could it hurt really? Lydia went back to work on her grading after sending Cutter the note.

Field Day had arrived and Lydia was looking forward to it somewhat. She would have liked to have spent her time that day with Alec, but he seemed to be unavailable. She shrugged as she made her way to the classroom that Cutter had been using for an office within the school. She was actually glad that the auror was still amongst them at the school. His presence there had made their bullying problem nearly vanish which was nothing short of a miracle.

Lydia knocked on the partially open door and walked into the room when she heard him tell her to come in. Lydia smiled lightly at the giant man as she entered the room. "I got your note Mr. Ramsay. May I ask what this is all about?" she asked evenly, stopping in front of his make-shift desk.

Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL WEBSITE
^
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 05:20 PM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

Cutter wasn't entirely sure what he'd find from the staff, if anything really. The news might simply hit the professors as shock, as they may not know the man really well. Just surprise that he would've committed two murders, with no long term plan to do such a thing. Cutter suspected one may have been an accident, something done in self defense, but the other worried him. The Auror had brought in a few criminals in body bags, with the assailants wands as proof they were trying to kill him and he had little choice in the matter. When everything else failed, you did what you had to do, or you wound up dead and the dangerous criminal got away.

"Thank you for coming, Lydia. I 'ave been instructed to interview anyone who may 'ave known Alfred Pye, prior to the mess that's in the news. I know there's been a bit of turnover 'ere, but the few who 'ave been 'ere awhile might be able to offer me a sense of what the man was like. 'ow well did you know 'im?"

Lydia Chambers

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lydia Chambers
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 05:35 PM

Age / 32 | Height / 5'9

Pronouns / She/Her/Hers

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Surrey, England

Currently Single /

Post Count/ 171

Candie | She/Her/Hers

He wanted to know about Alfie? Why? Lydia wondered as Cutter greeted her. She had seen the news reports, but she had refused to believe in such nonsense. While she didn't Alfred all that well personally, he had not struck her as someone who could have committed the things they were saying. It just seemed preposterous to her. Poor Amelle. The councilor must be beside herself with everything going on. If Lydia remembered correctly, Alfie was Amelle's best friend.

Lydia nodded at his thanks and gave his question some thought. "'onestly, I didn't know Alfred all that well," she told him after a moment. "I met 'im at a party for the staff last year that Professor Ammon 'eld," she told him. "We spoke briefly at the party and ran into each other 'ere at work periodically. 'e didn't strike me as someone who could do what the news reports 'ave suggested," she told him, her irritation on that matter showing.

"I'm sorry that I can't be of more 'elp Mr. Ramsay," she told the auror, regretting that she hadn't gotten to know Alfred better.

Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL WEBSITE
^
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 01:50 PM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

Cutter made his notes, though there wasn't much to state. There were no lies detected, as he casually probed her thoughts for any significant memories with the man in question. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Nothing suggested that his reported actions were at all anticipated, or previously planned. The Auror scribbled question marks beside a number of suspected reasons Alfie would be responsible for the deaths of two people, as the investigation between the staff at Ilvermorny and the Ministry would narrow down the options. He would find the truth and the suspect in question.

"Thank you for your time, Lydia. I 'ope to get to the bottom of this soon enough. Enjoy your Field Day." He excused the professor, so that she could be on her way.

Next, he was hoping to see the Headmistress, as she did hire the man for the DADA position. Not to mention, Cutter wanted to know ahead of time, if he services would be required in the new term. He could always leave an open offer to seek him out.

"Good morning, headmistress, thank you for meeting with me. I'd like to discuss a few things, starting with Alfred Pye. 'ow well did you know 'im?"

Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:04 PM
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

Kiva didn't like the idea of leaving the field day but she understood the severity of the situation and Auror Ramsay was an employee of the government after all. She dreaded the meeting especially since she had been fielding owls on this subject from parents, the media, and the administration since the news broke.

She took a seat with a nod and grim of a smile. She sighed a little at the question. "About as well as I know any of the staff members." She stated. "Which, unfortunately isn't as well as I'd like it to be."

Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
^
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:22 PM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

Cutter nodded, as he picked out of her thoughts the flack she'd been dealing with since the article. It was easy for the public to find excuses to panic. How easily they forgot there was forbidden magic available to sway anyone's actions. Who was to say Alfreds actions were his own? It was why Cutter was investigating the whole mess.

"'as any of 'is behaviour in the past, seemed off or questionable in hindsight? Was 'e a decent professor in 'is position?" He'd already picked out the memories from a couple of students, who had been taught by the man and were appalled by the news they'd read. It might be an idea to question more of the older students, as they'd be better equipped to handle the topic.

Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:49 PM
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

"He was a wonderful professor." Kiva answered easily. "He was great at his job and the students absolutely loved him. I never question anything that he had ever done or taught while employed here." Kiva explained. When Alfie had left, it had left a large hole for Kiva to fill. His replacement barely lasted year.

"The only odd behavior that I ever saw from him was his sudden departure." Kiva said. "But he sighted personal reasons, so i didnt ask questions. I was just sad,to see,him go."

Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
^
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 03:18 PM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

Cutter scribbled down Kiva's description of the man's behaviour, nothing out of the ordinary except for a sudden departure. The Auror circled several of his listed possibilities to explain such, noting why he suspected they might be applicable to the investigation.

"Thank you for your time, Kiva. While I 'ave you, do you anticipate needing me 'ere in the new term?"

(Dom next?)
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 03:25 PM
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

"I honestly hope I don't." She said to him and smiled. "No offense meant, of course. I have to find a replacement for Kiri so I am not entirely sure what is,needed in terms of the duel club at the moment." She told him honestly. "I will keep you updated. Thank you for being so flexible and willing to help us." Kiva said with genuine gratuity.

"I should be,getting back. Ill let Dom know to head in.' She said as she stood amd headed out.

Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
^
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 03:35 PM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

Cutter chuckled, no offense taken. He didn't want to be needed at the school as far as sussing out bullies and Merlin knows what else the kids could be up to these days.
"None taken. I live in Greylock, so even if an emergency arises, I'm nearby if you need me. Cheers, Kiva, it's been a pleasure to 'elp out. Enjoy your day." He smiled at her. Honestly, he hoped he wasn't needed, but he would be ready if she did require an Auror around.

As the next professor approached, Cutter nodded a greeting.
"Thank you for coming, I'll try not to take up much of your time. I'm looking into anyone who knew Alfred Pye while 'e worked 'ere. Did you know 'im well?" He was noticing a trend, that most didn't really know him well at all.

Dom Watson

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dom Watson
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 03:50 PM
Dom Watson

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

"Of course." Dom said taking a seat. "Whatever I can do to help." Dom probably wouldn't be of,much help though. Despite working with the man for five,or six years, Dom didn't spend all that much time with him. Different life styles mostly.

"He was a nice guy. Kids seemed to like him." Dom replied. "I never heard anything negative about him other than he enjoyed giving out pop quizzes." He added. Kids hated pop quizzes.

"I will be honest, I didn't interact much. He is younger and go out to drink. Not my style and I spend my nights with my husband."

Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
^
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 04:30 PM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

Cutter casually skimmed through the man's thoughts, as he listened to the Herbology professor's brief explanation. Five or six years? Nothing out of the ordinary for a decent amount of time. The Auror smirked at the comment concerning pop quizzes, though. Who honestly enjoyed those? Cutter always groaned when he received them in school. He passed, but he still didn't want to do them.

"Fair enough." He smirked, not the least bit phased by the man's orientation. The age and lifestyle difference would certainly prevent them from really getting to know one another, unless there was another common interest to discuss. But again, Alfred was liked by the students, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
"Nothing coming to mind, that seems unusual in hindsight?"

Dom Watson

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dom Watson
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 04:53 PM
Dom Watson

Age / | Height /

Pronouns /

Blood Type /

Hometown /

/

Post Count/ 0

|

Dom tried to think of any occurrences he might have seen or heard with regards to Alfred, but he wasn't reallybremembering anything that made him pause. "Nothing really. He honestly just seemed like a great guy. It always surprised me that he left being an Auror to become a teacher. He seemed quite passionate about his work." Dom stated. "Sorry I couldn't be more of help."

Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
^
Kyle "Cutter" Ramsay
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 06:41 PM

Cutter

Age / 37 | Height / 6'4"

Pronouns / He/Him

Blood Type / Halfblood

Engaged to / Lily White

Post Count/ 161

Cutter | Any

Cutter was also surprised that someone so young would leave an Auror's position to become a teacher. Later on in life, sure, when you've had enough of the insanity, an Auror would be great at teaching DADA. They used such skills and spells on a regular basis on the job.
"An Auror's life is never dull, that's for sure, with a deep need to seek justice." He smirked. All the more reason the murders were confusing. Was justice being served?
"Thank you for your time, Dom. Enjoy the rest of your Field Day."

With that, Cutter wasn't entirely sure that Briar would've known the man, but as a substitute professor, he may have a better take on the students impression, at the very least. He waited for the young professor to arrive.

Dom Watson
Briar Rose Scribe

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  CLOSED NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse