Welcome to Ilvermorny

This is Atop Mount Greylock, a modern day Ilvermorny rpg. At Greylock, we ignore the existence of the characters of Harry Potter and create all original characters so that we can be free to play in the world created by our Queen, JKR.

Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Group of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Canadian Road Trip, Sign-Ups for Summer Vacation
Ulfrik Orrisson
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 03:50 PM

Songbear

Age / 38, but for a while

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / Helluland (Newfoundland, Canada)

Happily Married / Fridrun Orrisson

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 8

So there was talk on Chatzy of taking a somewhat-organized trip in summer with students out East (though quite possibly elsewhere as well). Ulfrik and Fridrun want to see home, and are happy to chaperone any kids on the way, since they think adventure and whatnot is good for kids.

I'm making this post as a place to record ideas for the trip and to say you'd like to be part of it. I, personally, request an encounter with some form of spooky wildlife, but that's just me.

If you're interested in being part of this little saga, feel free to reply below or PM me, as well as contribute ideas for destinations, adventures, and whatnot. I'll try my best to keep this post updated with a list of who's going so it's all in one place.

CURRENT TRIP-GOERS (Permission Pending for some)
-Ulfrik
-Fridrun
-Jule-Rae Morrisett
-Findley Kavanagh
-Eden Kerrigan
-Blaire
-Kiernan Chevalier
-Steven Baker (Probably)

PROPOSED DESTINATIONS
-Newfoundland

TOURIST TRAPS & ON-THE-WAYS
-Some kind of spooky critter
-The beach

@Fridrun Orrisson
PM
^
Jule-Rae Morrisett
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 05:19 PM

Jule/Rae

Age / 17

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Stratford, ON, CA

Single / n/a

Author Alias / lari

Timezone/ GMT -03:00

Post Count/ 25

Sign Jule up!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Steven Baker
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 10:39 PM

Steve

Age / twenty

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown /

Single /

Author Alias / PJ

Timezone/ Eastern

Post Count/ 25

oh my gosh, can steven join even though he's just a groundskeeper? he hasn't seen much of the world and would love this. he'd even offer to clean up what needs to be cleaned up during the trip.
PM
^
Blaire Vice
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 11:05 PM

Age / 15

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Rye, England

Betrothed / Anton Novoselić

Author Alias / Bearyn

Timezone/ Eastern

Post Count/ 62

Oh boy, Blaire loves seeing new places and adventuring and being away from home. Is it gonna last the whole summer or just a week or two? Because her parents might not be okay with it if she's gone the whole summer.
PM EMAIL
^
Ulfrik Orrisson
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 12:41 AM

Songbear

Blood Type / Unknown

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 8

@Blaire Vice: Good question. Honestly, there's no time frame yet. Assuming ghosts and young wizards average closer to biking speed than walking (I'm picturing broom/fast ghosting with stops here and there) it'd take about 5 days to get there. So assuming a day to see home, and three days worth of distractions, it could fit in two weeks. Call it 16 days to be safe and we'll leave on a weekend. I assume the vikings are totally down to meet anyone's parents before hand to assuage their worries if needed. I know Ulrik would be, I think Fridrun would as well. They can claim wilderness survival skills, European pureblood lineage, previous team leadership, kickin' tunes, and anything else reluctant parents might look for on a road trip resume. On paper we can sound great.

@Steven Baker: I am tired and dumb right now but will get back to you once I've thought up an articulate response. My kneejerk reaction is more the merrier, but I don't want having staff along to put a kibosh on youthful hijinks. I will have more elaborate thoughts later, but the gist will probably be "I don't mind, but would rather not sacrifice multiple kids having a hoot for a staff character." But also it's totally possible we'll need to bring along a corporeal chaperone, in which case I'm absolutely down! I have not thought this through and it is late.
PM
^
Findley Kavanagh
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 12:56 AM

surfer babe

Age / 15

Blood Type / Muggleborn

Hometown / Miami, Florida

Single / the ocean

Author Alias / Paige

Timezone/ Eastern

Post Count/ 28

Findley is so in! Maybe a possible stop by a beach? Findley is a total water bug! It could be just a few hours or a possible day trip. Only if there is time of course!

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
Ulfrik Orrisson
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 01:05 AM

Songbear

Blood Type / Unknown

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 8

@Findley Kavanagh: they're going to Newfoundland. If there isn't a beach stop, something has gone seriously amiss. Bring your board!
PM
^
Eden Kerrigan
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 04:22 AM

Age / 16

Blood Type / Mixed blood

Hometown / San Francisco

/

Author Alias / HG

Timezone/ PST

Post Count/ 14

That sounds like so much fun. Sign me up~!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiernan Chevalier
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 04:55 AM

Prat

Age / 15

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Ireland

Single~~I think /

Author Alias / Candie

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 157

Kiernan would love to go and will more than likely have permission from his uncles to make the trip.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kiva Kijewski-Jareau
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 07:06 AM

Kiki

Age / 51

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Albuquerque, NM

Married / Jeff Jareau (NPC)

Author Alias / Sarah/Kiva

Timezone/ EST

Post Count/ 64

This is a reminder that this is not a school sanctioned trip. So you have to be realistic regarding whether or not the parents of your students will be okay with your students going on a two week or longer trip with only ghosts (or possibly a 20 year old) as the chaperones.

What this means:

- their only means of transportation is via broom (not everyone has a broom, so you have to figure out how they will procure one, brooms are expensive to purchase) across not only America but Canada as well
- there will be no real means of communication between child and parent during the majority of the trip (this means if there is any trouble at home or on the trip, students/parents cannot contact the other immediately as magical families wouldn't likely have cellphones).
- the ghosts cannot provide lodging, so parents will have to fund for this
- the ghosts cannot provide food, so parents will have to fund for this as well
- and, most importantly, the ghosts cannot provide protection against the elements, creatures, or other people.

Food for thought guys.

@Kiernan Chevalier@Eden Kerrigan@Blaire Vice@Findley Kavanagh@Ulfrik Orrisson@Steven Baker@Jule-Rae Morrisett@Fridrun Orrisson

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ulfrik Orrisson
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 07:20 AM

Songbear

Blood Type / Unknown

Author Alias / Azure

Timezone/

Post Count/ 8

Solid points!

For what it's worth to potential parents, I don't imagine the trip will be on if there aren't a selection of older students on board. A group of 12 year olds need some corporeal chaperones, for sure.

While not all wizards have cell phones, one cell-equipped family willing to relay messages or wizarding families willing to provide means of ranged magical communication can allow wizards to talk to their children away from home.

Lodging and food would need to be accounted for, and the physical lack of protection is certainly very real.

I concede there are a lot of logistics to work out, but I think they're just that: things to work out. I can't speak for everyone, and of course your character's parents' actions are their own, but it's still a conceptual thing. If there are no IC justifications for lodging, food, security, etc between all interested parties, then I think the trip is probably best left to the dead. That said, I hope those things can be addressed.
PM
^
Blake Mac
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 09:34 PM

Big Mac

Age / 17

Blood Type / Unknown

Hometown / London

Wooing a Werewolf /

Author Alias / AJ

Timezone/ GMT

Post Count/ 76

Sign Blake up if everything goes ahead!

--------------------
user posted image

"Up to no good - and pleased about it."
PM
^
Elsie Caldwell
 Posted: Aug 4 2017, 10:08 AM

Not Eleanor

Age / 14

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Seattle

Relationship / with Hunter Beaumont

Author Alias / Grace

Timezone/

Post Count/ 72

Sign Elsie up!

I can recruit one of Elsie's NPC older brothers to chaperone if needed.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  

/