Welcome to Ilvermorny

Latest Announcements
An Earthquake briefly hit Greylock in February
Repairs and recoveries are ongoing.

The final game is now live!

Official News and Gossip
Coming Soon!

Winter-- Late April--Early May| Highs 65°F/ Lows 45°F
Snow is melting and the weather has returned to seasonal expectations.

***NAVIGATION BUTTONS***
Male Student of the Month
Female Student of the Month
Staff Character of the Month
Town Character of the Month
Couple of the Month
Author of the Month
New Author of the Month

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME IN PROPER CAPS.

REPLY NEW TOPIC

Does Your What Fit Ya?, tag: Dominic
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 09:52 PM

Age / 15 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Hometown / Minsk, Belarus

Single / n/a

Post Count/ 166

The Foxy One | Any

Normally Tanya didn't watch the quiddich games. She would paint faces for those wishing to cheer for their team, but stayed out of the stands herself. Yet, she wanted to see Dominic play, especially after she worked up the courage to give him a charm. The game was exciting and she found herself caught up in the spirit of it all. Perhaps she had been a little unfair to wizard sports. But when she saw Dominic get hit by the bludger she felt her heart jump to her mouth. Was he okay? The twin managed to limp his way to the pitch and Tanya nearly ran out to his side when she saw Iris. The other girl not only had the same idea but had already acted on it.

Everyone was shouting around the Thunderbird, what would she add? Only more confusion. Still, it wasn't easy to watch as he was taken off the pitch and to the hospital wing. Merlin! Wasn't the point of a good luck charm so that that kind of thing doesn't happen? She had to see him. No, she had to think calmly about this. Dominic is. . . going to be okay. The healers would take care of him, her rushing in would only result in being kicked out.

So, as calmly as possible, Tanya gathered several small books along with a notebook and pen. All of that was put into a bag along with a few extra books. The green girl made her way to the hospital wing and was directed to his bed. Tanya gave the boy a small smile as she approached, "Privyet." Tanya took a seat beside the bed and showed him the bag. "I thought while you were here. . . um, that you'd like to work on something. So, um, let's start your first Russian lesson."

Tanya first pulled out a common phrase book along with the notebook. "Privyet is a causal greeting between family or your fellow students. For a professor you'd use Zdrastvuitye. And there's a little trick to saying that right. Um," Her face flushed. "Does your ass fit ya? I know it sounds silly but if you say that fast then you can say the greeting correctly every time." She showed him the phrases in the book. "You can use the notebook to practice your Cyrillic. I also brought regular books if you get tired of Russian."

The green girl paused, unsure what else to say. Other than the one thing she felt she should say. "Was there any phrases you wanted to learn in particular?"

Dominic Holger
PM
^
Dominic Holger
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 06:37 PM

Age / 15 | Height / 5' 10"

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Oslo, Norway

Dating / Bling Girl

Post Count/ 113

Kitsune |

Dominic was lying slightly reclined on the hospital bed. It was not the most comfortable of mattresses and honestly the blonde would've given anything to just rest in his dorm. That bed was relaxing at least. His pain was somewhat managed through that efforts of the Healer, a tonic that would ease him for at least a few hours but really little could be done for him today. Just gulping down few potions. Bleh!

The trip up to the wing was brutal. Even with the help from his friends, blatant glaring from his brother, Nic had to grimace the whole way and near collapse onto the bed just to have a moment of peace. His Captain gave him the talking to that was rightfully deserved which put the blonde in a slightly off mood but his brother's constant glare didn't help anything. So he acted irrationally; he helped a teammate! No one was understanding that! Luckily when he had to change out of his gear it was a good and polite excuse for everyone to leave him alone. Twin included.

Dominic saw the large disgustingly dark bruise encasing his side id change. It was ugly and damn if he was not going to show that one off anytime soon. Luckily for him the medic was quick with the work and diagnosed that while his femur wasn't snapped in two, it did have an impressive crack in it at the centre of impact. 'That explained the pain' Nic thought while taking in the facts. Few days in the Wing it seemed was enough. So his wait began.

Until a face showed up he wasn't expecting which caught the teen by surprise.

"Tanya, hey" he smiled slightly at someone who didn't seem angry at him for the injury. "I'm sorry, I think I took all that luck from the pin too soon. Game didn't go quite as planned" he tried to joke it off a little but to him it didn't sound as convincing. His mood instantly changed however when she mentioned the lessons they discussed. She was going to teach him more Russian!!

"That sounds awesome!" He replied as she took the seat next to his bed, ready to learn and get his mind off the still lingering pain. He tried the first word after she said it to acceptable degree but the second sent him into laughter that wasn't good for his aching side. Clutching it and grimacing through the amusement, Nic turned back to her with a gleam in his eye. "That's the best pronunciation I've heard yet T! I'll remember that one for sure but laughing right now isn't in my best interest of healing"

Accepting both the notebook and material she was referring to Dominic had a quick glance at it while nodding his head.
"Well we always start with the basics so things like introductions, names, places, simple questions would be great. We've only practiced a little so you'll have to forgive me in advanced to how this could go" Nic offered a smile in appreciation.

Tanya Rhonimus

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 12:48 PM

Age / 15 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single / n/a

Post Count/ 166

The Foxy One | Any

Tanya shook her head at the mention of the pin. "Don't worry about it. I can make another one." She didn't think the charm has any luck with it to begin with, but she would happily make more if it would make Dominic happy. "That hit looked painful. But I'm glad it wasn't worse than what it was." There were worse things then being hit by a bludger. Not exactly the most comforting thought but the injury could have been worse.

Dominic's suddenly laughter caught her by surprise. Then his grimace and pained look quickly turned that surprise to worry. "Dominic, I'm sorry. I promise I won't make you laugh anymore." It figured the one time she made someone laugh that they were in no condition to do so. "But yes, I can certainly teach you those things. Though, I apologize in advance if I get a word or two wrong. I learned Russian along with two other similar languages. That's why I brought the book. It should hopefully catch my mistakes."

Tanya started their little lesson by continuing with introductions. Such as "Do svidanya" when saying goodbye to someone in person and "Do svyazi" when using non-visual communication. One meaning "until we see again" and the other "until we hear again". From there it was easy to jump into asking basic questions. She pointed to examples from the book and would sometimes pause to explain how to write a certain letter in Cyrillic. "Kak vaz zavoot?" would be "what is your name?" but "Kak dila?" was "how are you?" With those basics down Tanya worked on his pronunciation as a soft k sound where a hard k should be could change the word entirely. Places and names were woven into the questions. And, of course, her examples were written in Cyrillic for Dominic to practice reading later.

"Oh, how long has it been?" She glanced at the clock and realized the lesson had gone on for quite a while. "I suppose this is a good place to stop." Tanya looked between him and the books. "I should go and allow you to rest. But, um, before I do there's something I want to say." Tanya thought of the pitch and the girl that ran to Dominic's side. She was not so foolish to believe that she was the only girl to like Dominic. He may well be interested in another girl. Tanya set her hands on her lap and resisted the urge to fidget or mess with her sleeves. She looked Dominic in the eye. "I wanted to say that I like you in a romantic way and that I wished to say as such before I lost the chance entirely."

She didn't know anything about relationships other than what she's seen of her peers and muggle movies. Tanya didn't understand the games that seemed rampant among them. The inability to directly tell someone that you liked them and the consequential desire of making the other admit it first. That wasn't for her so she was going to be upfront about it. "You don't have to say anything right now. I was able to speak my thoughts and I am happy regardless of any answer." She stayed still as a statue as she waited for his response.

Dominic Holger - Iris Everheart for the mention

PM
^
Dominic Holger
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 05:17 AM

Age / 15 | Height / 5' 10"

Pronouns / He/Him/His

Blood Type / Halfblood

Hometown / Oslo, Norway

Dating / Bling Girl

Post Count/ 113

Kitsune |

Overcoming the pain and thankful of its eventually passing, a switch was somehow flipped in Dominic's head and he went from bored patient to focused studious pupil!! He was but the learner to Tanya being the Master! Ok maybe not the exact definition of the word but she was willing to teach him everything she knew!

Right from the get go, Nic dived into the lesson and sounding the words. His pronunciation was good; years of learning how to copy other languages gave him the ear for it but practice couldn't be neglected if he truly wanted to master this one like he had before. Every time Tanya spoke a word, Nic tried to copy it perfectly. When she repeated it again, he figured something wasn't done right and went for attempt no. 2. By the time they'd gotten down a few pages of written sentences, time had flew by unnoticed.

Dominic could've gone on for the rest of the day! He was so into it and it was so easy to learn especially with the way Tanya was teaching. His leg and side hadn't bothered him the whole time, (maybe a factor that he hadn't moved since she came in) but his little wake up jolt did remind him why he'd been bedridden for a few days. Noting the time for himself, Nic put the notebook aside and reached up into the air for a good spinal crack and sigh of relaxation.

"That was great! I didn't know you were such a good teacher!" he grinned. "Might have to hire you to do the same with Ian; he might feel left out if I returned to the dorms after this stay knowing stuff he doesn't" The blonde went about stacking and organizing the books Tanya had brought; he return to them later for some light reader if the bored ever returned but her sudden change in demeanor was luckily caught by blue eyes and Nic ended up hearing something he was surprised at.

Well actually her bluntness was rather like her.

Dominic just sat in his bed, posture bad as it could be but he was relaxed and soaked in the words. 'Tanya likes me huh?' running a hand through his messy hair, the teen had to think about it for a little while. 'Likes me romantically, not everyday I hear that'.

"Thanks T. I like you too; you're smart and interesting, insightful and have lots of talent for both magic and arts too! We're still working on the humour side but you'll get there" Nic grinned before relaxing more "I don't wanna say something I'll regret later and I don't wanna put you down either but I do like you. Just not sure if its the same level as you right now" the words came out best as Nic could piece them together. Maybe if he said it in Dutch it would sound better? "I don't like anyone right now...romantically I mean. I've just been putting my focus on school and quidditch I guess but now you've kinda opened my eyes. I didn't think I was that likable"

Typical of him to return to the humorous side of every conversation to save himself some awkwardness. Nic had said the truth. He wasn't crushing on anyone currently but that would change surely.

"You might come to hate me after I get out of here and get you on a broom. It was an agreement; my lessons for your flying. You might end up teaching me few curses in Russian when we get to it too" A teasing grin stuck to his face after that.

Tanya Rhonimus

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tanya Rhonimus
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 01:21 PM

Age / 15 | Height / 5

Pronouns / She/Her

Blood Type / Pureblood

Single / n/a

Post Count/ 166

The Foxy One | Any

Teaching Dominic was fun, especially since he was a good student. He worked hard to say each word correctly and focused intently on everything she wrote. It made her wish to work even harder. Yet, the actual teaching part was easy as Nic picked up words and concepts faster than expected. By the end of the year he could be speaking Russian at a conversational level or close to it. She'll have to get some more advanced reading material for him.

But with the lesson over she had to speak her mind before she lost her chance. Tanya waited for Dominic's response, her whole body still. Breath held. Then let out in a rush when he said he liked her too. Tanya felt elation like she's never experienced before. It was like her were filled with light and air. But Nic continued to talk and that elation slowly faded away. Now she felt heavy. She listened, quiet as he expressed his thoughts. What he said was understandable, and she could respect the honesty he spoke with.

Dominic wasn't sure if he liked her the same way yet. It was disappointing, worrying even, but she nodded. "I understand." School demanded much of their attention, it was something she hadn't thought of. After all, she spent the majority of her time in study or practice, so how would a relationship fit into that? Nic, inadvertently gave her much to think of as well.

She smiled at his comment about the flying lessons. "That. . . is actually quite likely, yes. But I don't think I could hate you. Flying is something I want to learn after all, and I still wish to be your friend regardless of. . . well, your decision." It seemed complicated to remain friends with someone one liked while they dated someone else, but if she learned anything at all at Ilvermorny was that crushes came and went. "I should get going. You won't get better unless you rest."

Tanya stood and gave him another small smile before taking her leave. She wasn't unhappy, not at all, but she dd have many things to think about.

Dominic Holger
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Top Sites The Treehouse  one & the same Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse